Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 29 posts ]

Two New Challengers Appear! (Dai Gyakuten Saiban)Topic%20Title

迷探偵

Via ほそぼそ:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/new-gyakuten/

The official DGS site teases two new DGS characters with... just their shadows: more news will follow next week ( as announced earlier)

Edit from Bolt: With this, we're calling pencils down on the Pick Your Prosecutor contest until we get more info. Thanks to all that entered! If these characters have nothing to do with the prosecution, we'll reopen then.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Two New Challengers Appear! (Dai Gyakuten Saiban)Topic%20Title

Art Person

It looks like Young Trucy and the Sherlock Holmes guy we were all speculating from the initial trailer. I can't wait for TGS now! (Pretty sure those 2 are related, and are not Japanese... There goes my pick your prosecutor entry :viola: )

EDIT: Here's the image from the site:
Spoiler:

Gettin' Old!

Mijumaru wrote:
It looks like Young Trucy and the Sherlock Holmes guy we were all speculating from the initial trailer. I can't wait for TGS now! (Pretty sure those 2 are related, and are not Japanese... There goes my pick your prosecutor entry :viola: )

EDIT: Here's the image from the site:
Spoiler:

:P Thought it was my pick your prosecutor entry?

I don't think the little one will turn out THAT Trucy-ish. Lot can be done with that silhouette.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Art Person

Pierre wrote:
:P Thought it was my pick your prosecutor entry?

I don't think the little one will turn out THAT Trucy-ish. Lot can be done with that silhouette.

Mine was a Japanese Prosecutor obsessed with Western culture, not a foreigner, so I'm out :beef:
The hands on the hips reminds me of that Young Trucy pose:

At first I thought that was her hair, and I was thinking "Ancestor of Pearl?" But then I realised it was just a ribbon

迷探偵

First thought: Iris Chateaubriand (Sakura Taisen) and Hakuba Saguru (Magic Kaito / Detective Conan). Second thought: Young Miss Holmes and her uncle Sherlock
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Can anyone confirm what it says in the banner about 2014? It looks like it is just talking about the TGS...

Derper

It's going to be very amusing if the girl turns out to be the prosecutor.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

The girl could be the Prosecutor's bench assistant

Gettin' Old!

Ash wrote:
First thought: Iris Chateaubriand (Sakura Taisen) and Hakuba Saguru (Magic Kaito / Detective Conan). Second thought: Young Miss Holmes and her uncle Sherlock

That young Miss Holmes almost makes me wretch. "Let's add this to X and it'll be better!" isn't a formula I love, be it tiny magical girls of 10 who are inexplicably as intelligent as their legendary uncles or ponies...

JesusMonroe wrote:

You think the Prosecution will actually GET an assistant?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bumpin' over to Trial Minutes.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Cause of death is being dummy

Pierre wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

Sounds pretty unlikely to me. I think the little girl will probably be ally/relative of Ryuu's (or Susato's, if she's a relative). Maybe she'll be a Fey, though? Little Ami Fey, anybody?
Big dude behind her's gotta be the prosecutor though. Or the detective. Someone with the police, I think.
(Plot twist: the little girl is the prosecutor/detective and the big dude behind her is her assistant. He lifts her up so that she can see over the bench/witness stand.)

Go ahead, make my day...

Maybe it is Sherlock Holmes himself.....I wouldn't be in favour of that (because then Phoenix's ancestor wouldn't have any innocent clients to defend), but he is a public domain character and usually appears in stories that take place during that period of time.

I seriously hope the little girl is the sidekick and NOT the detective/prosecutor. AA "professionals" have been getting way too young for my tastes as it is.

Pierre wrote:

Maybe. In I-4, Von Karma was going to assist Edgeworth at the bench until the trial was cancelled, so it's not unheard of

On an unrelated note, I think it's about time for me to call it quits when it comes to DGS news

Gettin' Old!

Nick T. Callahan wrote:
Maybe it is Sherlock Holmes himself.....I wouldn't be in favour of that (because then Phoenix's ancestor wouldn't have any innocent clients to defend), but he is a public domain character and usually appears in stories that take place during that period of time.

I seriously hope the little girl is the sidekick and NOT the detective/prosecutor. AA "professionals" have been getting way too young for my tastes as it is.

I'd be surprised if they straight up took Sherlock Holmes himself out for this. Definitely going to be someone in his style however.

As for your concerns about age:
Spoiler: Relevant

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Wow, this is getting really interesting. I myself think they are the prosecutor and his assistant.

Although for a second I had a thought that maybe they are some rival defense lawyers...

Gettin' Old!

Meifeng wrote:
Wow, this is getting really interesting. I myself think they are the prosecutor and his assistant.

Although for a second I had a thought that maybe they are some rival defense lawyers...

I missed you and that wonderful signature of yours :gant:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

The little girl is obviously the new detective.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Go ahead, make my day...

Pierre wrote:
I'd be surprised if they straight up took Sherlock Holmes himself out for this. Definitely going to be someone in his style however.

As for your concerns about age:
Spoiler: Relevant

Like I said, it's not something I would be in favour of. Not only because Holmes would pretty much make the protagonist redundant, but also because it would be kind of lazy. The AA developers are perfectly capable of making good original characters.

And yeah, I'm aware of that comic. :edgey: Not only is it hilarious, I pretty much agree with the author. I have no problem with having prodigy characters, but the number of them and their ages have become quite ridiculous. At this point, it would actually be kind of refreshing to see an attorney who started out mediocre and became good through years of experience.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Phooey. There goes my idea of Susato being Susan Doyle.

Ash wrote:

It's almost a picture perfect resemblance here - given how little a silhouette can give away. I have a good feeling that the little girl is indeed this man's niece. And maybe her name will be May. /Japuns

Until we get further info, though, I'll stick to calling this Holmes-alike "Arty"... or "Watson". Which would be more appropriate?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

A New Chapter of Trials!

Personally, I would love to see a prosecutor with an assistant in court, so I'm crossing my fingers that the picture is showing just that.
Eureka!

Cause of death is being dummy

You know, the more I look at the big dude behind the girl, the more I'm pretty sure that's his hair, not a deerstalker. So, I doubt he'll actually resemble Holmes much. (I'm still banking on Susato being a Holmes fan, though!!)

迷探偵

The Twist: IT'S A SIAMESE TWIN.

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
You know, the more I look at the big dude behind the girl, the more I'm pretty sure that's his hair, not a deerstalker. So, I doubt he'll actually resemble Holmes much. (I'm still banking on Susato being a Holmes fan, though!!)

Well, at the very least, we can be sure that he's also a fan of cravats. Because as we all know, a European gentleman of such a time era must wear a cravat.

...But the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to say that he's either German or Austrian. It'd be the first time we've had a German prosecutor in the Japanese version.

Ash wrote:
The Twist: IT'S A SIAMESE TWIN.

...The man or the girl?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

迷探偵

Like Furuhata Ninzaburou said so famously:

Quote:
「御無沙汰しています。早速ですがこれは何に見えますか?コウモリ、潰れたカエル、セミの顔。人によって答えは様々です。そう、これがかの有名なロールシャッハテスト。ちなみに私の答えは『交尾している牛』です。それでは次。これは何に見えますか?『おばあさんの顔』、大抵の人はそう言います。しかし、よく見てください。ここにはもう一つ別の顔が隠されています。『むこうを向いている若い御婦人』、お分かりになりませんか?分からない人は一生分からないでしょう。つまり私が言いたいのは、物は見ようによっていろんな形に見えるということで…

Why assume it's a man and a girl? They could be female conjointed twins, one of which less developed. Or a male twin. Silhouettes can sometimes work deceiving.

Hmph, in that case, why assume they're both alive? One could be a ventriloquist. It's the girl who may turn out to be a very short woman, obviously. It'd be like Ben and Trilo's manzai duet, but at the prosecution's bench instead.

...That came out on a whim, but what if that actually happens? I'm half-horrified, half-intrigued.

Art Person

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Hmph, in that case, why assume they're both alive? One could be a ventriloquist. It's the girl who may turn out to be a very short woman, obviously. It'd be like Ben and Trilo's manzai duet, but at the prosecution's bench instead.

...That came out on a whim, but what if that actually happens? I'm half-horrified, half-intrigued.

I'm full horrified. 2-3 gave me the creeps a little with Ben and Trillo and that circus music :payne: . If that's the whole game I'd be hesitant :ron: . Although, I'd love to see a manzai performance in the game. Maybe as witnesses though?

The shadows look like Pearl and Blackquill. And quite honestly, I think the small girl will be the actual prosecutor, but she has the bigger guy as a "stand in" or a guardian, since she's not of legal age to really do things.

C-A

Programmer

That would be an interesting dynamic, haven't seen that in this series yes.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Art Person

CatMuto wrote:
The shadows look like Pearl and Blackquill. And quite honestly, I think the small girl will be the actual prosecutor, but she has the bigger guy as a "stand in" or a guardian, since she's not of legal age to really do things.

C-A
I wouldn't mind seeing this either. Maybe it's a final case plot twist? The little girl was actually the brains of the prosecution.
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes