Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 4[ 149 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ace Attorney Anime coming April 2016!Topic%20Title

Art Person

https://twitter.com/nindori/status/644358531399876608

It seems that from April 2016 an Ace Attorney anime will begin broadcasting in Japan! :thena-hair:

Staff note: The official JP AA Twitter confirms it. More details in the coming months!

[The Court-Records 2015 OC Contest is now running. Come win stuff!]

Last edited by SuperAj3 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Ace Attorney Anime coming April 2016?Topic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

April fools!

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Art Person

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
April fools!

I think it's legit? I think Nintendream is reliable, right?
Re: Ace Attorney Anime coming April 2016!Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

This is legit. It was just announced at TGS.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Gardevoir lover

SuperAj3 wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
April fools!

I think it's legit? I think Nintendream is reliable, right?

I don't know, this is the first ive heard of them.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Nintendo Dream is a well-established Japanese gaming magazine. And the official Japanese AA Twitter just made the announcement as well.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

A New Chapter of Trials!

My actual reaction: "Ahahaha, hahaha,ha... ha. AHAHAHAHAHAHA."
I've been waiting for this. Here's hoping they can do all the games, not just the first one!
Eureka!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Well, while some people are feeling a little underwhelmed by GS6 so far, I must admit this news is one of those things that I legitimately feared. I know people were looking forward to this for a long time, and it's great they're finally pulling through with it. Nonetheless, unless the studio is going independent and making their own stories akin to the manga, I doubt this anime will get much of a start.

I earnestly hope I will be proven wrong in this case, but I'm not feeling the mood. If anything, since we've barely got anything from GS6 at the moment, all my hype is still on there.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Art Person

Bolt Storm wrote:
Nintendo Dream is a well-established Japanese gaming magazine. And the official Japanese AA Twitter just made the announcement as well.

I'm glad I wasn't reporting on false news then XD A lot of people talk about an AA anime and make fake screens etc. So now that it's real, it's not hit me yet as to how exciting this is! (Maybe because we need to wait until next year...? :ron: )

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I will love this anime even more if they can somehow portray Phoenix save scumming in court like all good Ace Attorney players. Like randomly throwing out evidence until he accidentally present the correct one. Or turn back time if he messes up.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Gardevoir lover

I wonder how long it'll take for Capcom to take down every subbed episode off the internet and try to disband the subbers responsible for subbing the series, like what they did with the Megaman anime from 10 years ago.
Although considering Phoenix is the star of this i have no doubts that Capcom will give this anime to the first dubbing company they can find and license it to America.

Awesome news!

This has been a long time coming. Really, this is a no-brainer. I'm just surprised it took Capcom THIS long -- I mean, we have a manga, live-action movie, musicals, stage plays, concerts, merch, and a freaking drama CD! How did they not think of an anime before?

Anyway, I'm hyped, but I am keeping in mind, this anime can go many places, good and bad. The production behind it, the episode count, the series composition, all that stuff. So far, I really like the designs on display so we're good so far, I think.

One thing's for sure, though. Having an anime should be able to attract new people to the franchise.

The Enigma

Well...I can't sleep. Too much hype after watching the trailer :redd:

But geez, an anime. I can't wait to see how it plays out!
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

1000% Knight

I'm... a lot less excited than I thought I'd be for an anime announcement. Huh.

I guess I want to know if it's going to be original cases or recreating the game. If it's original cases, that'll be awesome. If it's just following the games... I've played them (and seen the live action movie) enough times that I'm not all that excited to go through it again.

...Although I am haipe to get an official AA opening, instead of just the fan parody ones.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

The Trial to the Truth begins

I sum up my feelings of it in just three words...

"Oh hell yeah."

I am hyped for this. Hyped!
Avatar made by Purple Angel and Signature done by Vicki-chan. ^^
I thank them both so much! The Trial to the Truth has begun.
Dual Destinies Playthrough: Here

tactical weeaboo action

I am INSANELY hyped for this. I've wanted this since the beginning. And I highly anticipate a dub...

I'd love anything. An adaptation, an AU, original cases that still fit in the main game storyline [the most likely imo], any of it, bring it on. As long as it's not like. Some mini-series. Give us a long-runner, Capcom!

Great Revival

Hopefully Capcom actually brings this to English speaking countries...With subs, at least.
Anyway, I can't wait to see Manfred get his just desserts in the anime. Complete with demonic voice.
Spoiler:

I can't handle all this hype. I'm gonna explode.

This gets all my yes! :sparkly-maggey:

Great Revival

Silverbelle wrote:
I can't handle all this hype. I'm gonna explode.

This gets all my yes! :sparkly-maggey:

I think it gets everyone's yes. :yogi:

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

The things that interests me is more the interactions and characterization of Nick, Maya, Edgeworth and Gumshoe more than the cases. It'll probably be 12-26 episodes.

I feel pretty excited about this, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic, because a lot remains to be seen.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

tactical weeaboo action

linkenski wrote:
It'll probably be 12-26 episodes.

Don't say this, we deserve more than this.

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

Netkeeper wrote:
linkenski wrote:

12-26 series are perfectly fine. I don't really see the issue here.

Great Revival

Edgeworth is what I'm hype for.

I have to admit that I was not excited as much.

While all the shenanigans and goofyness might work in the game, it's hard to think they would work in an anime of sorts. Then comes the issue of what is going to be the material used, original ideas or game material. I believe it's going to be original cases to create more suspence, i mean, reading a crime novel when you know who dunnit is no fun or exciting at all.

tactical weeaboo action

Shadowsleuth wrote:
Netkeeper wrote:
linkenski wrote:

12-26 series are perfectly fine. I don't really see the issue here.

They're alright, but I'm the type that prefers around 50 episodes personally. And more is better [as long as it's not filler of the terrible sort].

The Real Human Being

Actually, I wonder how many non-AA fans this will attract

My friends are all huge into anime (not me, besides two series) and I've always pushed AA on them but they've never bitten. When I told them about this, they said they'd watch it

Mildly upsetting because if it follows the games, they'll be getting a worse version of the story

Beautiful flower

After a decade... they finally give us an anime!! I'm so happy! I can't wait to see glorious Sahwit toupee attack animated! :sahwit: And the anime is coming out in 2016... the first case, State vs. Butz takes place also in 2016. Even if they were late in producing the anime, they couldn't choose a more fitting year to release it.

Listing some main concerns:

1) If they choose to base the episodes on the first game, I hope they do so in a fresh way. Plenty of people already played the game and watched the movie, seeing the same thing rehashed over and over again can lessen its impact. I'm kinda hoping they'll crank up the drama, flesh out the overlooked characters (give Dee Vasque more love pls?) Imagine opening of Turnabout Sister animated... or Manfred headbanging animated... I can't handle this

2) I hope they'll produce lots of episodes, so that the pacing is ok/not too rushed. For Case 1 I can see it taking place in one episode, but later cases should be split between a few episodes, for example 1 episode for investigation, 1 episode for first day of trial or maybe more, and so on (really hope it won't be like Dangan Ronpa, the characterisation suffered).

3) Someone pointed out this might be a way for them to gain more fans, with the release of the anime they'll undoubtedly make merchandise and gain more money... in order to cover for game making costs. :redd: I only hope they'll make it a quality anime.

4) I wonder if they'll take cases from the manga, or create original cases and characters for filler episodes? As long as they're written well and doesn't clash with the games I'll take it! Anime is a perfect opportunity to explore different possibilities!

The news itself makes me pretty hyped, but there's not enough information yet to judge... here's hoping for the best, and I look forward to more info in the future! :butzthumbs:
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

Netkeeper wrote:
They're alright, but I'm the type that prefers around 50 episodes personally. And more is better [as long as it's not filler of the terrible sort].

With AA, I'd hardly say more is better. Man, can't even imagine what they'd spend 50 episodes doing.

JesusMonroe wrote:

My friends are all huge into anime (not me, besides two series) and I've always pushed AA on them but they've never bitten. When I told them about this, they said they'd watch it

Mildly upsetting because if it follows the games, they'll be getting a worse version of the story

That's also what I'm wondering. Between this and AA6, I'm hoping we'll get some newcomers to the fandom. (although attracting new fans is about all i hope for from AA6)

dullahan1 wrote:
I will love this anime even more if they can somehow portray Phoenix save scumming in court like all illogical Ace Attorney players. Like randomly throwing out evidence until he accidentally present the correct one. Or turn back time if he messes up.

Fixed that for you. (I want a scene where Phoenix realizes the importance of a piece of evidence way before it "should" be presented and just thinking, "Gotta wait. How do I make the conversation go to the topic of this item faster?")

Any info on who the seiyuus are gonna be?

Quote:

Back in the '90s, 50 episodes was quite common in anime. These days, they seem to rely less on filler... I think I also read that seasons are overall shorter these days, due to technological advances and unclear how well something will go. I think 13 is pretty common these days - if I may look at Sailor Moon Crystal, that was given 26 Episodes, but it was quite clear from the get go that it would count each arc as its own "season" of 13 episodes. (Though they seem to advance through the Mugen Arc...? Last I read, I'm not sure...)

C-A

Netkeeper wrote:
linkenski wrote:

1-2 cour is standard. Very rarely are they ever longer than that. A ton of anime were only 1 cour this season, I would honestly expect 1 cour to be honest. Maybe another if BDs/merch sell well.

I don't know how to feel about this... :ron: I'll wait and see.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Breakdown

Oh shit, it actually happened. Awesome.

A Kirby and AA fan

Oliver wrote:

Actually, people had already expressed concerns or are just not that hyped, so this isn't exactly true.

linkenski wrote:
The things that interests me is more the interactions and characterization of Nick, Maya, Edgeworth and Gumshoe more than the cases.

Yes, definitely. It's what gets me excited too. To just see the world and characters really come to live (more than even the games did) in motion. There's a lot of potential here, and I do hope they'll cater to this.

Coronis wrote:
Then comes the issue of what is going to be the material used, original ideas or game material. I believe it's going to be original cases to create more suspence, i mean, reading a crime novel when you know who dunnit is no fun or exciting at all.

This is another thing I am hoping for. I hope they'll create original cases so we can get that sense of suspense and accomplishment when solving a mystery, but also so we can perhaps see new angles on characters. That said, if it's just retelling of the existing cases, I won't be complaining. I am sure I'll like it either way! (Unless it of course sucks balls, but I doubt that will happen...)

JesusMonroe wrote:

Definitely a good point. I'll be sure to show it to my anime fans too.
It's also certainly more reason to hope they'll go for new cases rather than rehashing old cases. Perhaps they can be the (hypothetical) cases that happened in between the games. But what do you think, should they still make references to cases in the game, or would that confuse (or perhaps even spoil) people who haven't played the games?

CatMuto wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
I will love this anime even more if they can somehow portray Phoenix save scumming in court like all illogical Ace Attorney players. Like randomly throwing out evidence until he accidentally present the correct one. Or turn back time if he messes up.

Fixed that for you. (I want a scene where Phoenix realizes the importance of a piece of evidence way before it "should" be presented and just thinking, "Gotta wait. How do I make the conversation go to the topic of this item faster?")

Ah... Please don't change, CatMuto.

CatMuto wrote:
Any info on who the seiyuus are gonna be?

No, but I can imagine (and understand) they'll use the same voice actors that were used in the games and trailers.

CatMuto wrote:
Back in the '90s, 50 episodes was quite common in anime. These days, they seem to rely less on filler... I think I also read that seasons are overall shorter these days, due to technological advances and unclear how well something will go. I think 13 is pretty common these days

Definitely. I sometimes miss the days where anime ran a bit longer than they do now... Yet, at the same time, I don't. It depends on how invested I want to be, and I realize that nowadays I simply don't want to get too invested in an anime anymore and 12 episodes (I think 12 is more common than 13?) is perfect for most anime.
That said, I don't want just 12 episodes of AA. I want more! I want to get invested! Depending on how many cases they cover, 52 actually sounds like the perfect amount. I don't think they should go for 1 case per episode. Rather I want either 1 day or 1 segment (trial or investigation) per episode. Or, looking back at the games... The moments where you get an interruption to save, that might be a good moment to end an episode?

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

I really hope it comes out on Crunchyroll, because this automatically just became the Breaking Bad of Anime for me once it comes out.

Was tremendously excited when they announced it alongside Ace Attorney 6.

Great Revival

Nurio wrote:
Oliver wrote:

Actually, people had already expressed concerns or are just not that hyped, so this isn't exactly true.

Impossible, everyone has to agree with me. :yogi:

Ace Fighter Detective Doctor

I hope it's gonna be original cases instead of an adaptation from the game

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

Back in the '90s, 50 episodes was quite common in anime. These days, they seem to rely less on filler... I think I also read that seasons are overall shorter these days, due to technological advances and unclear how well something will go. I think 13 is pretty common these days - if I may look at Sailor Moon Crystal, that was given 26 Episodes, but it was quite clear from the get go that it would count each arc as its own "season" of 13 episodes. (Though they seem to advance through the Mugen Arc...? Last I read, I'm not sure...)

C-A

Kinda glad you brought up SMC, actually. I am hoping--praying, even--that the anime looks at SMC and decides not to do that.

I appreciate SMC for what it is, but what it IS is an exact replication of the source (bar a few mostly minor, and one badly executed, changes). Literally one chapter to one episode. 26 chapters (aka episodes) cover the first two arcs. As someone who was looking forward to a manga-faithful adaptation, one would think I would be excited about this.

The problem comes in when you acknowledge that the original SM manga, especially early on, is VERY character-lite, and REMARKABLY fast in its plot. SMC could have been great if they used the 26 planned episodes for the Dark Kingdom arc and then adapted some side material alongside it, because it would have been all-manga, but with extra character depth that was sorely needed in the original. But they didn't, and it suffered for it.

The tl;dr of this is that if the AA anime is only 1 cour (12/13 episodes), we'll likely get all of the plot, and none of the character. While the story and the mysteries themselves certainly have a kind of draw about them, I'd argue the real charm of AA is the cast and how they interact with each other. You might be able to get away with 2 cours, putting in some character-centric or one-shot cases in-between episodes that adapt cases from the game.

Either way, I think an AA anime would really benefit from going a bit longer. Definitely don't want endless filler, but I also don't think AA is the kind of series that can really work with fewer than at least 24 episodes per game, assuming it'll adapt rather than go with mostly-original cases.

(Another example of an 'all of the plot, none of the character' adaptation is No.6, in which they squeezed nine whole novels into 11 episodes, and HOO BOY did the characters suffer.)

Athena Internet Defense Force

This was a genuine surprise. I hope it's worth watching.

A New Chapter of Trials!

Personally, I'd enjoy it if they had a good mix of actual cases and new ones, maybe with a few "fun" episodes thrown in. Nothing against the AA mangas, but I didn't like them very much, so I'd prefer any new cases made for the show to be of better quality than that. Is it bad that I really want this to succeed so that they can eventually get around to making an AJ anime? I feel like that game would adapt the best to animated form. (Also I'm biased.)
Eureka!
Page 1 of 4 [ 149 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes