Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 77 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

10 years of Ace Attorney, and 14 of Gyakuten SaibanTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

October 12th is a very special day for Ace Attorney - by Capcom Japan's official measure, it was the release date of the original Gyakuten Saiban on the GBA, and by Capcom USA's measure, it was the release date of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney in America.

And this year, it's a special date indeed - today marks ten years since Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney was released in America, and by extent, ten years of the franchise in the West! While it's had its ups and downs, its releases and its curiously-passed-over-localizations (cough), there's no mistaking that it's left a permanent mark on gaming history.

Here's to ten more, and beyond!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: 10 years of Ace Attorney, and 14 of Gyakuten SaibanTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

WHOOOOO! Time to celebrate! :maya: :will: :athena:
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Great Revival

Oh boy, it's nearly at my age, ah, memories.

Yay! Let's celebrate :basil:

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Great Revival

Why don't we talk about how we found the series to celebrate?

Depends on what do you mean by "how we found the series". :yogi:

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Great Revival

Isn't it self explanatory?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Slammer wrote:
Depends on what do you mean by "how we found the series". :yogi:

He means, when did YOU discover the franchise? It wasn't the most hyped and overadvertised AAA game back in the beginning, you know :P

I found it randomly, because I wanted to try out something unfamiliar on my DS, and after having seen various memes about Phoenix's iconic look and finger pointing and yelling, I figured, "heck, let's see what this is about". (It's in 2009 btw, and I was 15 years old at the time)

Beat the first case, liked it. Onto the second... I didn't make a fuss over it at first but I knew I loved this game and I couldn't let it go. 1-4 blew my mind with how amazing it was. Lovely characters, great mysteries and great plot. I actually went in expecting something like a quirky simulator game with eccentric characters, but what I got was a fantastic story that even rivals my otherwise favorite video-game story, which is Hotel Dusk: Room 215.

I didn't play the sequels until 2011 and 2012 respectively. Honestly, I never liked them quite as much, but T&T definitely is up there (just didn't feel enough with its overarching plot)

I started playing both Apollo Justice and Miles Edgeworth Investigations around the same time, switching back and forth, but because Investigations feels fresher, I played it more and I felt like it was one of the better games at first, while Apollo Justice was the most alienating and awful thing to come out of this series yet. Then, strangely as I beat both games their impression completely switched places. AAI had the most boring, dragged-on and out-of-tone final case of the entire series, and I still remember sitting at the credits and just realizing "That was... actually BAD!" and meanwhile, after getting through 4-4 and some errors aside my impression was that this was the first game since the original to draw me in, so much to its main story. Yes, Zak is a jerk, the trial is anticlimactic and the Mason part is weird to say the least... but the atmosphere and tone of this case? MMMM, I couldn't get enough of it!

After starting to feel less appreciative of AAI, DD was announced and I learned the AAI people wrote that as well, so naturally I got pessimistic about it. Luckily the game did end up feeling a tad more in touch with the main series usual tone but it wasn't without some form of obvious Yamazaki-ness, like spies and reocurring themes that were also present in AAI to some extent. The plot was ultimately disappointing, but I still like the game somehow.

And finally, we all got to play PLvPWAA, and what a treat it was, especially having played all previously released Ace Attorneys and every Layton game except for the final one. I still feel kind of irritated when I see people bashing the game because they hate the Layton-parts, though, admittedly this was a very "Layton-light" game because the puzzles are such a poor representation of how a usual Layton game is, while the Ace Attorney aspect is sometimes everything a good Phoenix Wright game is, and more. Overall, this is sort of a middling game for me, but there are parts of the Phoenix Wright sections that come out above any other game in the series. If they'd made the finale more satisfying and especially just the pacing of the final trial, then this might actually have been my favorite game in the series.

Lastly I played AAI2, and now I'm replaying it. It's okay, but not the masterpiece everyone says it is in my opinion. It has so many of the same flaws that irritated the hell out of me in AAI. The banter sucks for the most part, the characterization is not always bad, but it's just too basic and the flow of information in every case is handled too simple. It feels robotic, rigid and BORING. The plot is great, and it is neat to see an Ace Attorney game have such a tightly-written plot, but it's not without its share of tonally confused parts. It feels like these games' representation of Ace Attorney as an IP sees it more as a fantasy-setting while I always felt like the original 3 games were more like a satirical representation of reality, even though sometimes, and especially as the series went along it started to "world-build" more.

But regardless... what a ride it's been! It's rare that you see a franchise continue this far and still come out with solid entries every single time. The closest thing I feel we have to a bad game in the series is AAI, but even that plays fairly enjoyable, and truth be told, I liked case 2 because it had a nice setting with fun characters.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Great Revival

I remember when I was about... 6 I'd like to say, I'd surf around the net, and among all the Thomas the Tank Engine videos (Yes, I liked that show) and Dragon Ball stuff, I found this strange man in a magenta suit who had grey hair, and you know where this is going...
I thought I'd click on said video, and although I understood nothing, I enjoyed the shouting "OBJECTION! TAKE THAT! EUREKA!" and then about 3 or 4 years later, (I believe around 2010) I saw a friend of my dads selling a DS game, and I saw that same magenta suited man on it.
That was when I found Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.
I'd gotten into reading a year or two before, and I found out "Oh, this is a visual novel, neat".
I played through it, and since I couldn't find a copy of the other games (Besides PL vs PW) I was forced to use and R4 my dad bought me since the games were "too expensive".
I loved it, so I got the other games, and enjoyed AAI and AAI2 especially, and now I'm into VNs too.
Also, I still loved the shouting. :yogi:
Now I'm on these forums and am meeting new people because of it! :edgey:
And one of the other reasons I like the games, and please don't judge me for this...
I never had many friends, so when I played the games I kind of... Connected to the characters.

Rereading that it went all over the place. Crap. :payne:
And yes, I'm aware that I am a freak. :will:

A New Chapter of Trials!

Mmmmm, I guess I'm what you would call a recent fan. I had been introduced to the series through the Awkward Zombie webcomics, and the idea of a game about lawyers just sounded so off the walls I had to try it. My first one I actually got as a gift for my brother and played it after he finished. It was AAI, as it has just been released in English months earlier. I was absolutely enthralled, which is pretty amazing when you consider that now it is not nearly my favorite game in the series. After that, I hunted for all the games and played it in a pretty crazy order. Next was T&T, then AA, then JFA, then AJ. After that I had to join the waiting fans, only to be crushed by the whole AAI2 incident. Now though, I've played both DD and AAI2 and PL vs AA. It's been an amazing ride.

To this day, T&T is my favorite, I love how it brings the original trilogy to a close so wonderfully and it has my favorite case (3-5). I also have a soft spot for AJ, mostly because it's so different, and something about the style is just really great. Also I have a soft-spot for Apollo, I won't lie. JFA is my least favorite, but even then, I think it is a solid game. I think Takumi might have gotten a little out of control with that game's writing for once. :lana:

I can't wait to see where this series will be in the future, maybe even a DGS localization?! An AA7?! Another AJ game?! The future is boundless, gosh.
Eureka!

Great Revival

Ooooh, Awkward Zombie, how could I forget...?
I had started playing PW:AA, but AZ almost sealed my spot as a fan.

I more or less got dragged into it because two forum friends of mine kept talking about the first game, and after a while it felt really awkward to always listen to them praising it and not have the slightest clue what they were talking about. However, the game was still pretty expensive at that time, and I didn't want to spend so much money on something that might not be to my taste at all.
Then, by pure chance, one day I stumbled upon this silly little thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdQh5wodpcQ
And, believe it or not: When I found out that those were Ace Attorney characters, THAT was what finally convinced me to buy the game. ^^
I don't know, I'm just a sucker for good character design. Imagine my disappointment when Godot wasn't in the first game. ;)

So I played the first game, liked some of it, disliked other things, but I wanted to see what the masked guy is all about, so I bought the third game soon after. Then, because of Franziska and for the sake of completion, I bought the second one. I will admit I bought the third and second one used on Ebay, because back then I still had enough dignity to not spend a ton of money on something I'm going to hatelove.
Those were good times...

So yeah, partly got into it through friends, partly through a stupid little joke video. :D

Great Revival

I think you win the best story, Pesimistic.

I'm a big fan of the "Professor Layton" series and when the crossover was announced, I wanted to know both of the games' canon so I wouldn't miss out on certain references that everyone would get and I wouldn't. Since I knew that the "Ace Attorney" games were visual novels, I didn't think I'd be missing out on much if I just watched walkthroughs of the games on YouTube. I actually did miss a lot because I didn't pay attention to the first game at all, and didn't get to experience the series until I played them on the iOS.

...And then it turned into an unhealthy obsession and I can never get enough of the games. True, I really didn't AAI or AJ:AA but they're decent games. You can thank this series for prompting me to learn Japanese. The high school credits are just a bonus. Now I actually need money to import the games and a 3DS from Japan on Amazon.

Great Revival

Autumnal wrote:
I'm a big fan of the "Professor Layton" series and when the crossover was announced, I wanted to know both of the games' canon so I wouldn't miss out on certain references that everyone would get and I wouldn't. Since I knew that the "Ace Attorney" games were visual novels, I didn't think I'd be missing out on much if I just watched walkthroughs of the games on YouTube. I actually did miss a lot because I didn't pay attention to the first game at all, and didn't get to experience the series until I played them on the iOS.

...And then it turned into an unhealthy obsession and I can never get enough of the games. True, I really didn't AAI or AJ:AA but they're decent games. You can thank this series for prompting me to learn Japanese. The high school credits are just a bonus. Now I actually need money to import the games and a 3DS from Japan on Amazon.

So your story is you joined the Dark Side?

Back in it, hopefully for the better

Just in time for birthday (on the 15th)! I'll celebrate double! :will: :will: :edgey:
Even though I've only been involved for about three years or so, I will definitely say that I am a very avid fan and I'll consider myself a relative veteran. It has grown from "that one quirky lawyer game" to my biggest fandom (perhaps only trumped by Pokemon).

"Lies, forget them." - Auron

Wow, it's hard to believe it's been 10 years of Ace Attorney in the West. I guess since everyone else is sharing their stories, I'll add mine too.

I remember finding out about the series 10 years ago when I was 12, seeing it in Nintendo Power and saying to myself "Gosh darn, now that's why I want a Nintendo Dual Screen!" and ever since then I always had money set aside for new games in the series. I started with Justice for All, as the first one was sold out, could not find a copy in my hometown til I traveled to my mother's hometown and got it there. I really liked Apollo Justice and it felt like a fresh new beginning for the series, though my favorite is Justice For All, funny how the most polarizing games in the series are the even numbered main sequels or have Justice in the title.
"I wish I was Stevie Wonder so I never have to see you again." - Filthy Frank

Call me James

The franchise has certainly been through a lot :nick-sweat: But I got involved in Ace Attorney thanks to Official Nintendo Magazine UK. I used to read it, and after I got my DS, I wanted to see what games were available besides Mario :gymshoe: So they did a piece on the new DS games that were to be released in the coming months. One being a "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney". Them calling it the best possible game for Perry Mason fans. Not that I had actually experienced Perry Mason, I just thought the picture looked badass and I liked Law and Order/CSI/etc.

The picture they used in the piece ended up being the front cover for Americans (so you know the one I saw). While we in Europe got Phoenix stood on a white background. So the first game in the series actually got 3 different covers, each for a different part of the world :meekins:

I can say with absolute certainty that this is my favourite gaming franchise. Going from one game about a new attorney's first steps into the legal world to now. How far we've come :object:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

The video game boy; the one who wins

Wiiiiie :gant-clap2: :sadini:

I read a Nintendo-magazine in 2007 that talked about how JFA was being released to the DS and in another issue a review of Apollo Justice. I wasn't that interested but got the impression that it was a game of good quality, so when I six years later wanted to broaden my Nintendo DS-horizons and not just play Mario-games, I browsed through those magazines again and decided to try out Ace Attorney, amongst a few other games. It was a good decision. A very good decision.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

1000% Knight

Wow, they released AA in the West on the same date that GS1 was originally released in Japan?

Well, since we're all sharing our stories on how we got into the games, they had been on my radar for a long time, but I just never got them. Then someone I knew on a (...yugioh) forum I used to frequent played the first game and decided it was pretty good, so I decided to try out the first game. I got it right before I was going on a vacation, so I played most of it during the vacation. ...I ordered JFA and T&T as soon as I got home, and the rest is history. (This was a bit after AJ had come out, and I ordered that after I beat JFA.)

Autumnal wrote:
You can thank this series for prompting me to learn Japanese. The high school credits are just a bonus. Now I actually need money to import the games and a 3DS from Japan on Amazon.

If you just want to play the games, and don't care about having the physical cartridges, once you get the 3DS you can buy the digital version of everything on the eshop. It's still pretty expensive, but shipping costs from Japan aren't insignificant.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Do you see the black one...or the white?

My story is simple. I saw a girl in my high school choir class playing it. Got curious and asked about it, and went and bought it. For the record, it was kinda my first spoiler because she was playing case 1-2, so I knew Mia was dead. In fact, her doing a case about Nick's dead mentor was what got me interested.

And I can't believe it's been nearly 10 years since I first started playing this series. December of 2005, holy cow I'm old.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Breakdown

I remember when I didn't play the series yet, but was intrigued by how popular "objection" was online. I demoed AJ from the Wii's DS demo service and found myself liking it. I thus got into the OT from the Wii Eshop and thus begun my hooked obsession with it. Very thankful to be a fan for 7 of those 10. :maya:

Nerd Processor

Wow ten years? Awesome! :will: Although this just reminds me how late I got into this franchise. :payne:

Okay, stories of how we got into the series? Mines really dull. From what I recall I was aware vaguely of this series, then when Capcom were having an iOS sale on I saw the trilogy app and decided to take a look. That was back in July 2013. I played up to the end of Turnabout Samurai and loved it. Then something happened. I guess real life hit or something, I did have to have an operation in 2014 on my knee. Then Dual Destinies came out. I played the free case and adored that and ended up buying the rest straight away and playing all of it. I then decided to go back and replay the trilogy, realising there and then that I'd never actually finished the first game.

So yeah, you may think this nuts but my play order has been rather out of order. (I was trying to correct that by playing everything in order but then... I was on holiday the other week and didn't have my iPad with me to finish T&T so I instead started to play AJ. So much for being in order then. I nearly did it, honest.)

Fast forward to this year and as of last week I now own all the games that were released in the west apart from PLvsPW (and trust me, finding Ace Attorney Investigations in the UK for a sensible price is not easy), I'm posting here on the forums, reading Ace Attorney fanfic on AO3, reading Ace Attorney ask blogs on Tumblr, looking at fanart, and trying my own hand at fanart/fanfic. Oh and RPing Ace Attorney daily with a friend. It's been a while since I was this enamoured with a series. I don't think I've been this obsessed since I first got into Doctor Who back in 1998 for that matter. It takes a lot from a series to get me this involved in the fandom.

I'm so loving this right now. So hurrah for ten years. Let's hope things continue. With AA6 and the Anime just around the corner I can't see my joy for this series fading any time soon. :trucy:

Wow, I hope that ramble somehow made sense to somebody :udgey:
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Back in it, hopefully for the better

I don't quite remember the story of how I got into it, but I believe it started when I saw a Nintendo Power issue (some 2011 issue) and I looked it up on the Internet and bought the app that had the first game only onto my iPod touch. Ever since, I have been hooked. I also managed to get another user on here into it by May of this year and ever since me and him constantly talk about it at our school. I wonder who else I can recruit to our fandom... :think-pw:

This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!

My first exposure to Ace Attorney, aside from the odd "OBJECTION!" joke, was Brentalfloss's "Phoenix Wright WITH LYRICS" video. I was amused by how ridiculously over-the-top the whole thing was (especially the use of a WHIP in a COURTROOM), so I decided to check out a Let's Play of the first game. I was surprised by how good it actually was, especially how the pieces fell so smoothly into place as more information was uncovered. At the time, the Let's Play was only complete through the third case, but I got impatient, so I decided to play the game for myself.

What REALLY got me hooked was the last two cases of the first game. I was completely blown away by how awesome those two cases were. Granted, Rise from the Ashes is ridiculously long, but I was so engrossed in the story that I didn't care. Not long after I finished the first game, I decided to play the rest of the games in the series, in order of original release so as to avoid any spoilers (the fan translation of GK2 was already completed by the time I got to it). Now, Ace Attorney is one of my favorite video game series of all time.
Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.

Nerd Processor

Fennekin210 wrote:
I also managed to get another user on here into it by May of this year and ever since me and him constantly talk about it at our school. I wonder who else I can recruit to our fandom... :think-pw:

That reminds me of how I got my friend that I RP Ace Attorney with into the series. I'd mentioned it a few times before but whilst we were RP'ing Doctor Who we ended up in a situation where we really needed a lawyer character. I didn't want to make up an OC and I saw an opening... And started RPing as Phoenix. :bellboy: Fast forward to a bit later on and she'd played more of the games than I had at that point! :edgey:
My Ace Attorney FanFiction Thread (Last updated: 5th August 2018)

Well, I think it was back in 2009. A friend of mine was playing AAI and, since she knew I like a lot investigation/mystery videogames (Professor Layton, Hotel Dusk, Zero Escape and such), she suggested me to play it.

I thought it was a normal investigation/mystery game, but when I found out it had lawyers as main characters I was so freakin' excited, since I like a lot Law & Order and Perry Mason novels. When I finished playing the game, I immediately checked on the 'net if it was part of a series. You can imagine what happened when I discovered that it was indeed part of a series and that there were four more games.

I enjoyed a lot playing the trilogy and AJ, especially T&T (it's my favourite game in the whole series so far).
I was so happy when they announced PLvsAA (Professor Layton is one of my favourite DS series), and super-excited when DD came out, since I thought the main series was over.

Now it has been 6 years since I discovered the AA franchise and it will always have a place in my heart :edgey:

Last edited by Slammer on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

For someone who's such a hardcore AA fan, I didn't get into this fandom until the spring of 2012. It was a delayed reaction after I had my first experience with Phoenix Wrongs while I was searching for that one infamous sketch by The Frantics. I had known about the Objection meme for a good couple years by then, but I thought very little of it and actually found it annoying. Even the titular character pushed me away because he looked really stupid. (To be fair, he still does to me, but it's now part of his charm.)

I had nothing in particular against lawyers, though, and the premise of the series was quite intriguing when I did find time to research into it. That was around when I first discovered these forums, and I instantly fell in love with the Sporking Theater. From there, I knew I had to find some time to start playing the games.

It was a pretty dull spring one day, in the midst of the hubbub at my local anime convention. I started previewing a playthrough online while taking a break with friends from snapping photos like crazy. Before I knew it, I had finished watching all of the first four cases and the first third of RftA over that weekend. From there, I decided I had to play the game and its two sequels (didn't know about AJ or AAI yet) on my own. It was quite the adventure marathoning the trilogy blind... aside from the good chunk of the first game that wasn't, but it didn't hamper the experience.

Yeesh. As if playing the trilogy wasn't enough; I even wanted to test my Japanese with the source. (This was still before I started Apollo Justice. I sure took my sweet time with getting to it and the AAI games.) All that while, I was already planning for a translation-comparison project that's now the main feature of my blog... linked below.

Since then, I've been one of the most active members on these forums. And did I mention how awesome this community is? It's been growing so fast lately, and yet, I have yet to find anyone I actually dislike... unlike with what happened on my last frequented forum site...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Gettin' Old!

Here's to many more years of Ace Attorney :b33r:

As for how I got into the series?
I think I'd seen it on...some Phoenix Wrongs around the internet or somewhere in passing. At the time I was considering being a lawyer when I grew up as well so it just peaked my curiosity enough to buy the first game.

I think I was actually looking for a copy of MGS3 Subsistance at the time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gardevoir lover

My first memory of the Ace Attorney series were from i believe Nintendo Power.
I saw an ad for AAI in there and was mildly interested, didn't get around to buying it till this year though. So i didn't properly play one of the games till later that year.
A youtuber i watch called ScottishDuck got into it at around that same time as well and was showing off in his videos that he was collecting the series, i got curious and saw that they were on the Wiiware so i bought them, i instantly fell in love with the series and the rest is history.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

New~

I got into AA, when my friend plays turnabout Memories near the end. When i see the breakdown i instantly hooked. I read about it before in a magazine..but it's just a small section, and it shows Larry instead, so i just brushed it away.

is a five star man.

Ooh, sharing stories, this sounds fun!

If I remember correctly (as it was quite a while ago), it was a scene in the anime 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' that got me interested. I'm a huge fan of anything murder-mystery related, and when I found out that that scene was a reference to a murder mystery visual novel on the DS, I was immediately intrigued. I actually ordered JFA before I realised it was the sequel, so I actually played that one first.

Anyway, the rest is pretty much self-explanatory; I fell in love, played the rest of the games, and joined this site after years of hanging around.
This series definitely has its problems, but I'm proud to call it my favourite game series. May the future bring many more good games! :phoenix:
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Whoa, I hadn't even noticed that this year would be the 10th year since AA was first releases in the west! Kind of weird too since I usually pay attention to that stuff.

Well, I found the series around 2011/12, thanks to a youtuber I like who was doing a let's play of T&T first case. The game looked interesting and I liked some of the characters, so I decided to get the game, though when I found out it was a series I wanted to play it chronologically and started with PW:AA. I absolutely loved the game and got addicted to it so instantly got all other games released at the time...except AAI2. Then I found this site after desperately looking around for an English patch of the game. So yeah...that's kinda it. I also fell in love with VNs thanks to the game and now I'm also a huge fan of Zero Escape, When They Cry and the Infinity series.
Signature loading, please wait...

The cape is self-fluttering

Huh, has it been that long already?

A little over eight years ago, some online friends were playing the series and talking about. I personally had no interest in it, but thanks to kajetokun of Youtube and the Objection! maker, I had some idea of how the boys appeared in court. Friends continued to push me into trying the series, so in December 2007, I caved and bought the first game used. It must have been pretty damn interesting since I tore through the second and third games before the new year. It was awesome and crazy and cute, not to mention an emotional roller coaster. Naturally, I picked up Apollo Justice, and not too long after that, I stumbled upon this place. Though my focus has been more on the Professor Layton series lately, I'm still a huge AA fan and don't plan on quitting anytime soon.

Well, anyway. Happy Anniversary to Gyakuten Saiban/Ace Attorney!
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Heh heh.

Technically, I've had my eye on AA since 2006 or so, when I saw it in Tips & Tricks. Truthfully, I was initially somewhat bored by the walkthrough — li'l weeaboo me was interested because of the art style, not so much the story. Or the gameplay, at that. Thus I spent those years in the Trauma Center fandom with its triangles and butterflies instead, and only tried it in 2012, when I replaced my broken old DS.

Honestly, if I'd gotten it much sooner, or I'd gotten anything other than T&T, I probably wouldn't have gotten hooked. As it is, evil butterflies + phantom thieves = hello, new fandom! Fandom that ended up helping me grow as an artist and as a person, for that matter. That means something to me, so I'll probably do what I can to support the series for as long as it keeps running, even if I'm a bit quiet about it.
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

Art Person

I found the series around 5/6 years ago when a friend of mine at high school was always playing it during recess and lunch on his iPod. I asked him what game it was and he showed me, then that night (being totally legal and all) downloaded the game and I loved it! Then I found a copy of AJ and started playing that, and I ended up getting the rest on WiiWare legitimately, and then joined CR! Best decision of my childhood XD

Then AAI came out and that was the first game I started to follow before it released and I've been on this series like a hawk ever since!

Great Revival

SuperAj3 wrote:
I found the series around 5/6 years ago when a friend of mine at high school was always playing it during recess and lunch on his iPod. I asked him what game it was and he showed me, then that night (being totally legal and all) downloaded the game and I loved it! Then I found a copy of AJ and started playing that, and I ended up getting the rest on WiiWare legitimately, and then joined CR! Best decision of my childhood XD

Then AAI came out and that was the first game I started to follow before it released and I've been on this series like a hawk ever since!

I love how about half of us got it illegally. XD

Also, stop following the games like a hawk, hawks are scary.

Oliver wrote:

Why do you think most people use the ambiguous word "get" instead of "buy"? Oh wait, was I the only one who did that?
Signature loading, please wait...

Great Revival

cesar26100 wrote:
Oliver wrote:

Why do you think most people use the ambiguous word "get" instead of "buy"? Oh wait, was I the only one who did that?

I say get regardless. I trick people.

Programmer

I prefer "obtained", it has a higher Scrabble score.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!
Page 1 of 2 [ 77 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes