Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 3[ 83 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

[UP] Ace Attorney 6: a couple tidbits from FamitsuTopic%20Title

So, it looks like Famitsu has some "new" tidbits about Ace Attorney 6. Apparently the game will have two protagonists: Apollo Justice and Phoenix Wright. No mention of Athena for now. Game doesn't only take place in the Kingdom of Kurain, but also in Japan. Gaspen Payne made it to Chief Prosecutor in this country without being defeated once.

And... that's pretty much it.

Source

Update: First scan of Apollo:

ImageImageImage

Last edited by L~A on Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Ace Attorney 6: a couple tidbits from FamitsuTopic%20Title

Great Revival

I hope the one case in Japan will be revealed at the very end to be Athena and Trucy. And maybe it'll even end up taking place in the grand scheme of things instead of being a filler case!
That one piece of information has made me hype.
We might see Blackquill again too!

迷探偵

L~A wrote:
So, it looks like Famitsu has some "new" tidbits about Ace Attorney 6. Apparently the game will have two protagonists: Apollo Justice and Phoenix Wright. No mention of Athena for now. Game doesn't only take place in the Kingdom of Kurain, but also in Japan (I presume Phoenix is in Kurain, and Apollo is staying in Japan). Famitsu also mentions an "undefeated prosecutor" from Kurain, most likely the mysterious character from the TGS trailer.

Source

Note sure if you got it from a different source than the one you quoted, but the "undefeated prosecutor" in your source refers to Payne. It says he made it to Chief Prosecutor with no defeats (note: the function Lana Skye had; not that of Edgeworth. The English translation is confusing because they used the same term for different titles...).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
L~A wrote:
So, it looks like Famitsu has some "new" tidbits about Ace Attorney 6. Apparently the game will have two protagonists: Apollo Justice and Phoenix Wright. No mention of Athena for now. Game doesn't only take place in the Kingdom of Kurain, but also in Japan (I presume Phoenix is in Kurain, and Apollo is staying in Japan). Famitsu also mentions an "undefeated prosecutor" from Kurain, most likely the mysterious character from the TGS trailer.

Source

Note sure if you got it from a different source than the one you quoted, but the "undefeated prosecutor" in your source refers to Payne. It says he made it to Chief Prosecutor with no defeats (note: the function Lana Skye had; not that of Edgeworth. The English translation is confusing because they used the same term for different titles...).

I guess I misread that bit... and Siliconera too :p

Gonna edit the post, then.

Pretty weird that Payne made it to Chief Prosecutor in such short a time, though...
ImageImageImage

Great Revival

L~A wrote:
Ash wrote:
L~A wrote:

Source

Pretty weird that Payne made it to Chief Prosecutor in such short a time, though...

He may be a Payne, but he's one of the only non corrupt prosecutors to my knowledge.

New~

Some cases will take place in Japan? Was hoping it would be Athena..but...no mentions of her? Are you kidding me? Don't tell me she just removed or suddenly becomes a victim, that'll be the worst thing ever done. Also i wonder how it'll be done in Japan..considering the Water Mirror is the integral part of the court now. Are they suggesting a case happens in Kurain village, and then murder happens, but Kurain Kingdoms stepped in and said, that since the murder happen in Kurain village, it is automatically under Kurain Kingdom jurisdiction, and somehow the government agrees with it???

Also, Apollo is confirmed to be in Kurain Kingdom, the tidbits in the end, shows Kurain court.

Art Person

Winston is Chief Prosecutor? Is my theory he's the silhouette is true!?
It's nice to know they're not just ignoring Japanifornia. I wonder how important Athena will be seen in this game? It sounds like she'll just be an NPC.

Gardevoir lover

So Apollo will have more of the spotlight? Yeeeees.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Great Revival

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
So Apollo will have more of the spotlight? Yeeeees.

This game keeps getting FINER! :apollo:

D_Albertz wrote:
Some cases will take place in Japan? Was hoping it would be Athena..but...no mentions of her? Are you kidding me? Don't tell me she just removed or suddenly becomes a victim, that'll be the worst thing ever done.

We don't know. They confirmed Apollo for AA5 only half a year after the initial trailer so we can't say anything about Athena yet.

D_Albertz wrote:
Also, Apollo is confirmed to be in Kurain Kingdom, the tidbits in the end, shows Kurain court.

It's hardly a confirmation, after all it didn't look like to be a scene from the game. It's more likely Phoenix will be in Kurain Kingdom and Apollo in Japan.

New~

Lusankya wrote:
D_Albertz wrote:
Some cases will take place in Japan? Was hoping it would be Athena..but...no mentions of her? Are you kidding me? Don't tell me she just removed or suddenly becomes a victim, that'll be the worst thing ever done.

We don't know. They confirmed Apollo for AA5 only half a year after the initial trailer so we can't say anything about Athena yet.

Well i just hope when revealed Athena didn't go the way Apollo revealed in AA5 (Gloomy, wearing something that hinders their special ability[earmuff/headphone], and someone else clothing article.)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

L~A wrote:
Ash wrote:
L~A wrote:

Source

It's weird Kurain even has a chief prosecutor rank if Payne made it there with little to no hurdle. It doesn't make much sense if it turns out there's a new prosecutor rival from Kurain we have to beat.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Its great to hear that Apollo has a big part of the game. I wonder exactly what it means by "has two protagonists" and if that wording is any different from thr wording they used for DD. Will Apollo have more involvement than that game? The same?

If a case takes place in Japanifornia, than I'm sure Athena (and hopefully Trucy) will make an appearance. It makes sense Apollo is Japan while Phoenix is in Kurain (I know they showed him in Kurain, but I bet you thats the same as when they showed Ted Tonate behind the door in the original demo.

So Im confused about the Paynes. Is the one we saw in the crown Gaspen or Winston? Are they BOTH in Kurain?

I admit, having the terrible tutorial boss morph into the main game difficult prosecutor would be really interesting and unique, but it would also mean we miss out on a new prosecutor. Maybe if Winston is Chief Prosecutor then that leaves room for a new prosecutor as well.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

It bums me out they didn't clarify whether it means only Nick and Apollo or EXCLUSIVELY Nick and Apollo :/

Pleaaaase, I don't wanna play as Athena.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Weird to see them give follow-up info so soon after TGS, but I guess they didn't want a situation like DGS where they showed off the jury system and September and then didn't really talk about it until April.

By the way, AA6 was also confirmed for Jump Festa in December. So unless they're moving to a monthly cadence for news, that's probably when we'll get the next info drop.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Breakdown

Cool to get confirmation of cases taking place in Japan/LA too instead of Kurain the entire time.

Winston Payne? I thought it was Gaspen...

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Gardevoir lover

That's clearly Gaspen though...

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
That's clearly Gaspen though...

Yeah... I mean, Winston is probably retired now. But I still can't understand why is Gaspen chief prosecutor. The new prosecutor should be far more experienced.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Last edited by Slammer on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: [UP] Ace Attorney 6: a couple tidbits from FamitsuTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Fixed the OP and added the first scan.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

That one super-uncooperative witness

Did Nuri draw that Apollo? I know for sure AA6 Phoenix isn't by him.

New~

Apollo just becomes much more handsomer in each installment.

Heh, just like with DGS, I was extremely disappointed at first, but the more that was revealed the more I got excited about it. I'm friggin HYPED for this now! SO good to see good ol japanifornia's court and Apollo being heavily featured like this.

Also, is it just me or does that artwork look like it was done by Kazuya Nuri? Apollo looked fine in the DD artwork, but there was a distinct change to his facial proportions ever so slightly, and here, he looks very close to the original GS4 art.

...but I have to say, if they bring Athena back even just as an assistant, I think it's about time they carefully consider how many different minigames they want to implement, because think about it: We'd have the new mirror thing, Mood Matrix, Perceive, occasional 3D rotating of objects, Psychelocks and Revisualization. It starts to seem unfocused if they bring back that many different modes especially when Mood Matrix would no longer be a main mechanic, but one that only exists in half of the game.

I don't like when games introduce new mechanics and discards them too soon, so I hope they try to stay focused here. (and it's also why I feel like maybe Athena won't be back for good. She's definitely getting some kind of cameo or reference)

A New Chapter of Trials!

Mannnnn, I saw Apollo and just started screaming excitedly. I think I need sleep. I am intrigued that they are having two protagonists (for now). I'm really interested in what role Apollo will play, and I'm thinking he probably will be in Japanifornia for some of the game but also in Kurain for parts. Definitely thinking Athena will be in a more minor role, although I doubt they will just discard her altogether. It's probably for the best to have her do less after DD, at least for a game or two. Heck, maybe I can have Trucy as my assistant again!
Eureka!

I wonder what they mean by 'protagonist'? Because if they mean it as in 'playable character', we already knew that, and if they mean it in a more wide way, it doesn't really make much sense, given that at the very least the princess will play a role important enough to be considered a main character. I'm confused.

Monkey with a gun

That's great.

But im confused, didn't the trailer show Apollo was going to be in Kurain?

I have no problem if Apollo is in Japanifornia and Wright in Kurain, but why did they show Apollo in Kurain? Maybe it was simply promotional until we get more details?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Jump Festa isn't until December, though, so are we just going through another waiting period throughout November?

Incidentally, the promos for GS5 didn't introduce Apollo or Athena as "protagonists" like they did with Nick. This time, they've confirmed that Nick and Apollo share the title of "protagonists". It's likely Apollo will be staying back in Japan with Trucy and Athena, and the preview we had with Apollo from the TGS trailer was to cover up for info yet to be revealed.

But ya know, that means Capcom basically kicked Phoenix out of the country because they didn't know what to do with him. Suddenly, his whole "mission" in a new country has a different tune to it...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Hotdiddykong wrote:
That's great.

I have no problem if Apollo is in Japanifornia and Wright in Kurain, but why did they show Apollo in Kurain? Maybe it was simply promotional until we get more details?

I think Apollo will be in Japanifornia and Kurain, with Phoenix only in Kurain.

I was wondering... if Apollo, as showed in the scan, will defend a client in the Japanese court, who could the prosecutor be? Klavier maybe?

Last edited by Slammer on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Monkey with a gun

Quote:
Gaspen Payne made it to Chief Prosecutor in this country without being defeated once.

Beautiful

and then who comes in and ruins Payne's paradise by coming to the country other than PHOENIX WRIGHT

Athena Internet Defense Force

Nothing like making a new protagonist that disappointed everyone and now we pretend doesn't exist...

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I miss Winston. :larry:
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Jump Festa isn't until December, though, so are we just going through another waiting period throughout November?

Incidentally, the promos for GS5 didn't introduce Apollo or Athena as "protagonists" like they did with Nick. This time, they've confirmed that Nick and Apollo share the title of "protagonists". It's likely Apollo will be staying back in Japan with Trucy and Athena, and the preview we had with Apollo from the TGS trailer was to cover up for info yet to be revealed.

But ya know, that means Capcom basically kicked Phoenix out of the country because they didn't know what to do with him. Suddenly, his whole "mission" in a new country has a different tune to it...

Well, they basically said that with the 'we can't think of a challenge for him in Japan' thing.

Now I'm wondering again if Nick will take Trucy or Athena with him. It's funny how every time we get more information, all the ideas I have about the game change completely. I kinda like the feeling, but for now I don't even know where are they going with this.

Gardevoir lover

I love how that scan of Apollo looks, i don't know why.

Athena Internet Defense Force

Klonoahedgehog wrote:

I'm eager to see it added to the official site. Then I can dump it for use on the AA Wiki.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:

It's because it's done by the original artist who did Apollo Justice, Kazuya Nuri which does look noticeably different from his Dual Destinies depiciton by Takuro Fuse.

At least I think, or Takuro Fuse just spent extra time making Apollo look truer to the original creation this time.

Slammer wrote:
Hotdiddykong wrote:
That's great.

I was wondering... if Apollo, as showed in the scan, will defend a client in the Japanese court, who could the prosecutor be? Klavier maybe?

Edgeworth... pleaaaseee!

This is such a perfect opportunity to bring back Edgeworth and/or Klavier against Apollo for more than one case. I can just imagine if they introduce a new rival for both Nick and Apollo... I mean, AAI2 had both Debeste and Courtney, so it's not like it's out of the question :/

I also think I get the part with Phoenix being in Kurain now. They're doing sort of a reset button on him, so it makes more sense of him to be a screwup and be bullied by the rivals again, plus he's once again an unproven attorney in a new court system like in GS1-3 which gives room for some more development I guess. As much potential as it may have had to explore his mentor-role more, I personally never found it too interesting and didn't see where they'd go with it when he was still the main protagonist and it's still an Ace Attorney video game... I mean, it's not like him being all confident and mentor-like translates very well to gameplay when he's constantly getting his ass handed to him in court and there has to be room for the player to screw up a lot.

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

Gaspen Payne as the Chief Prosecutor, I guess that proved my theory that Edgeworth fired him after the events of Dual Destinies.

Still, Gaspen Payne as a Chief Prosecutor ... it's no wonder that Phoenix and Apollo went to the Kingdom of Kurain to put a stop to his nonsense.

The Chords of Steel

Slammer wrote:
Hotdiddykong wrote:
That's great.

If Apollo stays in Japanifornia, then his rival prosecutor can be the shadowed individual at the end of the trailer, after all he seems to know that person and mentioned that "Phoenix wasn't there". So Phoenix might have a different rival prosecutor.

Which also means that we're getting two sets of detectives and assistants. I hope Ema comes back as the detective for Apollo's side. Trucy can be his assistant and perhaps an appearance by Thalassa...

Gardevoir lover

Charlieboy90 wrote:

Which also means that we're getting two sets of detectives and assistants. I hope Ema comes back as the detective for Apollo's side. Trucy can be his assistant..

You have you idea how much i would love this.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

So, when will we get the full scan?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Page 1 of 3 [ 83 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes