Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 15[ 561 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Ace Attorney 6 live stage show at TGS - Apollo, demo footageTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

The AA6 stage show at TGS is scheduled to start at 11:40 JST on Capcom's livestream. Tune in for a look at gameplay footage, an introduction of the game, and maybe more...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1sfDlYKWk

We'll update this post with details after it airs.

Update: Apollo is in the game!

Update 2: It's over! You can see the extended trailer here, or the full stage show here.

A quick summary: Apollo was confirmed to appear in the game in an extended trailer, saying "I'm fine! Even if Mr. Wright's not here, I can fight! I have to win... even if that person is my opponent...!" As he said the final line, this teaser image was shown:

Afterwards, Eshiro and Yamazaki reviewed the basics of the game, reintroducing Phoenix, Bokuto, and Leifa. They then moved on to some gameplay footage, showing Phoenix interrupting Bokuto's trial (much to the dismay of Gaspen Payne, who's prosecuting.)

Image Image

Bokuto is accused of killing a treasure guard, Mima Waruhito ("見回る人" -> "Patrolling Person".) After a short cross-examination, the scene shifted to the Spirit Vision system:

Image Image

In it, players are shown a vision of the victim's last moments, with what they felt/heard/smelled superimposed over a video of what they saw. Players then select one of Leifa's assertions and look for contradictions, moving through the video as needed. The bottom screen lets the players select between various points in the video so they don't have to rewind/fast forward through everything.

They then showed Leifa performing a ceremonial dance to carry out her channeling (this was presumably out of order from the gameplay segment.)

Image Image

Finally, they wrapped up with a run-through of upcoming AA stuff, giving us a clean look at the anime shot:

And that's all! For us livestreamers, anyway - those actually present got to see the traditional Special Court skit.

[The Court-Records 2015 OC Contest is now running. Come win stuff!]
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney 6 live stage show at TGS [LIVE NOW]Topic%20Title

wark

Apollo!
Apollo is in AA6.
Re: Ace Attorney 6 live stage show at TGS [LIVE] [Apollo!]Topic%20Title

Gardevoir lover

The game might be salvageable after all!

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Back in it, hopefully for the better

Salvageable? We don't even know that much as of yet so we don't even know if it is need of "salvation".

The cape is self-fluttering

The new gameplay feature looks nice.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Which one are you referring to? I'm afraid I've been busy with school so I haven't kept up with the latest in GS6.

Gardevoir lover

SenorJustice-dono wrote:
Which one are you referring to? I'm afraid I've been busy with school so I haven't kept up with the latest in GS6.

I think he means the water mirror.

Ah OK. Just looked it up and it seems to be pretty cool, though at this time it's a little hard to tell how it'll be due to a current lack of information (or at the very least my current lack of information :nick-sweat: )
Re: Ace Attorney 6 live stage show at TGS - Apollo, demo fooTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Updated with screencaps and information.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Great Revival

This game is going to be FINE! now.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Now just include Maya and/or Blackquill and I'll definitely get this.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Great Revival

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Now just include Maya and/or Blackquill and I'll definitely get this.

By this point, Maya is practically confirmed...I mean, the Kingdom of Kurain! And she's the master of the channeling technique.
Hell, it's more unlikely for her not to be in, from my point of view.

Gardevoir lover

RayquazaSenpai wrote:
Now just include Blackquill and I'll definitely get this.

If they do then they can
Spoiler:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

FML. I made it in time to watch the trailer with the extended scene, but couldn't stay around for the gameplay. Still, Eshiro and Yamazaki are pulling through with their promise to "impress". They sure have done it for fans like me, at least.

Someone please tell me how long the demo segment was and how much of that first case was covered.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

Dance Dance Attorney 6 looks great.

The Enigma

That picture with the butterfly... Dahlia Iris confirmed?

Rubia: They showed the part where Phoenix runs into the courtroom. I didn't really understand much, but I'm guessing they were about to find Bokuto guilty when Phoenix objects and becomes his defense attorney (which the Judge is kind of like "is this guy joking?" because he's never heard of that before). Bokuto testifies, Phoenix cross-examines two statements. Then they skip to a part where they try out the water mirror. And that was it.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Shadowsleuth wrote:
Dance Dance Attorney 6 looks great.

That dance reminded me of Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver for some reason.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

What about the music? Anything in particular that stood out to you guys?

Well, I can't say much about that silhouette, but it does look like a woman, probably dressed in some type of robes. She may also be facing away, so that bit which seems to stick out of her head is simply a design for her hair.

...Which scares me a bit, considering the wacky designs they may come up with for Maya, making her almost unrecognizable until we see her face. Still, her mom and aunt had some pretty "impressive" hairstyles. Not saying that lady with the butterfly IS Maya; probably someone related to Leifa there. The kingdom has butterflies as its motif anyway.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gardevoir lover

Am i the only who think that having those fancy 3D visuals, like Phoenix rushing into the courtroom and Leifa's dancing REALLY does not work with DD style of animation?

Great Revival

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Am i the only who think that having those fancy 3D visuals, like Phoenix rushing into the courtroom and Leifa's dancing REALLY does not work with DD style of animation?

It's a bit of both...I feel like it both works...and doesn't at the same time.

Do the thing.

I'm just waiting for someone to upload the Leifa channeling-dancing clip on Youtube already. :P

I might as well say it now: I freakin' LOVE the presentation of the UI. While the basic control designs are holdovers from DD, the rest of the UI looks so beautiful. I'm a fan of Chinese calligraphy, and the "Begin Cross-Exam" reminds me of those "proverbial charms" that we Chinese use for festivities. Except, cross-exams aren't usually a sign of happiness or fortune...

Also, can I mention in one of the screenshots where it looks like we're allowed to "pause" the readings of the oracle? I believe this Water Mirror may work either like a mix of the usual cross-examination and the Mood Matrix, and maybe even include a timing mechanic akin to Apollo's Perceive. I have no clue what those five spaces for hitodama are supposed to be, though. It's not the Court Record, since it's not open.

Edit: Or, wait. The "pause" button could be referring to the motion of the "vision", akin to playing back a video. If so, do we get to rewind or skip forward? Well, maybe it's not going to be like the Mood Matrix after all.

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

The cape is self-fluttering

You know...

I wonder what kind of apple pie it was.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

I'm glad to see the game switch back to the old "5 misses, regardless of where they are" penalty system as opposed to the penalty bar where the life lost can be kind of arbitrary.

But yeah, this is looking good so far. Really liking the set up for things.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

Great Revival

Also, King Payne is confirmed. :meekins:

Listens to video game music

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
What about the music? Anything in particular that stood out to you guys?

Well, I can't say much about that silhouette, but it does look like a woman, probably dressed in some type of robes. She may also be facing away, so that bit which seems to stick out of her head is simply a design for her hair.

...Which scares me a bit, considering the wacky designs they may come up with for Maya, making her almost unrecognizable until we see her face. Still, her mom and aunt had some pretty "impressive" hairstyles. Not saying that lady with the butterfly IS Maya; probably someone related to Leifa there. The kingdom has butterflies as its motif anyway.

The cross-examination music was amazing! If that was just moderato, I really wonder how earnest the allegro will sound. I've been replaying the video just to listen to it even with the talking over it. The music during the vision thingy was pretty cool too. Kind of echoey and mystical.

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

I might as well say it now: I freakin' LOVE the presentation of the UI. While the basic control designs are holdovers from DD, the rest of the UI looks so beautiful. I'm a fan of Chinese calligraphy, and the "Begin Cross-Exam" reminds me of those "proverbial charms" that we Chinese use for festivities. Except, cross-exams aren't usually a sign of happiness or fortune...

Also, can I mention in one of the screenshots where it looks like we're allowed to "pause" the readings of the oracle? I believe this Water Mirror may work either like a mix of the usual cross-examination and the Mood Matrix, and maybe even include a timing mechanic akin to Apollo's Perceive. I have no clue what those five spaces for hitodama are supposed to be, though. It's not the Court Record, since it's not open.

Edit: Or, wait. The "pause" button could be referring to the motion of the "vision", akin to playing back a video. If so, do we get to rewind or skip forward? Well, maybe it's not going to be like the Mood Matrix after all.

I think the spaces for the hitodama are like the critical points of the vision, places where you can skip to akin to the cross-examination circle bits. That said, what does Phoenix's tutorial say?

Also, yeah, I agree with you, that cross-examination sign is really pretty. So is Leifa's dance. The Water Mirror opens up a lot of possibilities for crazy-convoluted cases (which I really love in an Ace Attorney game). And with Apollo returning and the high probability of Maya's return, I'm really, really excited for this game!

However, the real question remains: will they localize the Sweet Apple Pie? Because if they don't I'll...probably just go to some other good apple pie product or something.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Great Revival

CourtroomShenanigans wrote:

I think the spaces for the hitodama are like the critical points of the vision, places where you can skip to akin to the cross-examination circle bits. That said, what does Phoenix's tutorial say?

Also, yeah, I agree with you, that cross-examination sign is really pretty. So is Leifa's dance. The Water Mirror opens up a lot of possibilities for crazy-convoluted cases (which I really love in an Ace Attorney game). And with Apollo returning and the high probability of Maya's return, I'm really, really excited for this game!

Actually, it kinda looks like those bits were you need to look through about 5 pieces of testimony in PLvsPW:AA and choose which one has a contradiction... Not the mob cross-examinations, that other thing... I forgot what it's called...

That one super-uncooperative witness

About the song that accompanies Leifa's dance: Could that be Shimotsuki Haruka? It sounds a little like her, and it wouldn't be the first time she'd done something for Gyakuten (she did a vocalized version of Guitar's Serenade).
Parts of it sounded like her vocals, but Shimotsuki has such a ridiculous range that I can't exactly say if it is her or not.

Also, about Apollo's mysterious "that person":
Doesn't the silhouette kind of (kind of) resemble Misty Fey's staff? Of course, it's not definitive; the thing in the middle looks more like a weird finger-to-thumb gesture.

Last edited by Aster Selene on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

However, the real question remains: will they localize the Sweet Apple Pie? Because if they don't I'll...probably just go to some other good apple pie product or something.

I don't know what you mean by "Phoenix's tutorial", especially that I missed all of the gameplay segments. Likewise, I don't understand what's going on with the apple pie.

I don't know what you mean by "Phoenix's tutorial", especially that I missed all of the gameplay segments.

CatDonkey has put the gameplay segments in one video. The part I'm talking about is around 6:25.Though would you be so kind as to translate all of it?Please?
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Now that we know that Apollo is confirmed for the game and Capcom is not going with the make the game like the original trlology with Phoenix as the only main character I see the odds of Athena being in the game as being highly more probable. Granted there are some that don't like her but it would seem odd for Capcom to completely remove her is Apollo is still in.

Gardevoir lover

Defender123 wrote:
Now that we know that Apollo is confirmed for the game and Capcom is not going with the make the game like the original trlology with Phoenix as the only main character I see the odds of Athena being in the game as being highly more probable. Granted there are some that don't like her but it would seem odd for Capcom to completely remove her is Apollo is still in.

Honestly i think Athena is probably gonna stay behind at the office, it'd make it easier to judge having multiple playable characters and it'd make sense for them to leave one person behind to look after the place.

I'd be glad to help translate some of the video, but I think I've become distracted by the Tibetan in it instead.

What is that character on Leifa's back? It looks like a མ་, coupled with a single dot on the right, which probably cuts it to a single letter once romanized: m.

Well, I can't say that led me anywhere... It'll probably be explained in-game, but in the meantime, I can speculate if it stands for some sort of position or rank. It'd be strange if it stood for "master", though, since that's an English word...

In other news, Apollo's line has been bothering me. What kind of trouble has Nick gotten himself into now, for Apollo to have to take the stand himself as a substitute for him? Don't tell me he's fallen off a bridge again.

I'd be glad to help translate some of the video, but I think I've become distracted by the Tibetan in it instead.

What is that character on Leifa's back? It looks like a མ་, coupled with a single dot on the right, which probably cuts it to a single letter once romanized: m.

That's interesting. What could it stand for?

In other news, Apollo's line has been bothering me. What kind of trouble has Nick gotten himself into now, for Apollo to have to take the stand himself as a substitute for him? Don't tell me he's fallen off a bridge again.

Maybe it turns out Kurain Kingdom is mostly bridges, and before every case Nick falls off a bridge for increasingly contrived reasons so Apollo has to take up the defense!

Hey, he survived one fall, I can't see why he wouldn't survive, like, 4 more at least.

But in all seriousness, Phoenix did come to Kurain for a reason that probably doesn't involve the court (after all, he didn't even know that Kurain's courts didn't have defense attorneys until he visited one), so maybe while he's taking care of that Apollo does the court stuff.

A Kirby and AA fan

Jean Descole wrote:
I wonder what kind of apple pie it was.

What the heck are you guys on about?

TheBlarghMan wrote:
I'm glad to see the game switch back to the old "5 misses, regardless of where they are" penalty system as opposed to the penalty bar where the life lost can be kind of arbitrary.

Really? While I don't mind the 5-lives penalty system, I have to say I prefer the live bar

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Honestly i think Athena is probably gonna stay behind at the office, it'd make it easier to judge having multiple playable characters and it'd make sense for them to leave one person behind to look after the place.

Thinking this as well. ...Also kinda hoping it.

Art Person

So I increased the saturation on that silhouette and it came up with this:
Spoiler: large image

This is the silhouette traced over:
Is that flowing material going behind their head from their wrist? And it looks like they've either not drawn in the hair or this person's bald. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say this is... Winston Payne! Maybe? Will Payne be formidable this time? I mean, how else could Gaspen become so well clad with a crown and a sash with the first part of his name in Kanji written all over it?

Great Revival

SuperAj3 wrote:

Is that flowing material going behind their head from their wrist? And it looks like they've either not drawn in the hair or this person's bald. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say this is... Winston Payne! Maybe? Will Payne be formidable this time? I mean, how else could Gaspen become so well clad with a crown and a sash with the first part of his name in Kanji written all over it?

Winston is the big bad, calling it now.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Oliver wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:

Winston is the big bad, calling it now.

It looks strange for sure. Could it be Kristoph Gavin? I dont know how or why theyd bring him back but the "bald" part dorsnt look that different from his hair and the braid could be obscured because of the one-color sillouette. Its probably not, though. And the butterfly has no thematic connection to him

I was excited for this game before, but im really pumped now. I think the game looks great.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Great Revival

In all seriousness though, that guy looks like there's a gun sticking through his/her skull.
Page 1 of 15 [ 561 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes