Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 22 posts ]

AA6 tidbits from Nintendo Dream March articleTopic%20Title

迷探偵

From hosoboso's summary of the AA feature in Nintendo Dream's March Issue (on sale now). I haven't seen the article myself, so this is just what hosoboso wrote about it:

- Official confirmation that FUSE Takuro is the art director for this game.
- YAMAZAKI was "scenario director" for AA5, which meant he could focus on the story, but this time he's the "normal" director of the game, being the person responsible for all that's going on on the development floor. FUSE was AA5's art director, but this time he's both art director and co-director of the game. YAMAZAKI sets out the larger creative course for the game, while FUSE makes the calls on the level beneath that.
- At the moment, the game is in a playable state. Because many people said AA5 was to easy, they're now carefully checking how they present hints to the players.
- Because people thought the Spirit Vision system in the TGS 2015 demo was difficult, they've tweaked that.
- The 3D models of the characters who appeared in the previous game like Phoenix and Apollo have all been remade.

They also look back at the development of AA5 in this article.

[OC Contest voting is running through January 24th - get your ballots in now!]
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: AA6 tidbits from Nintendo Dream March articleTopic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

As a side note, they're still hyping up what Leifa's tatoo is supposed to mean. This isn't going to have some story-making importance, will it?

And what's so difficult about the Spirit Vision? Is it the controls; are they wonky? I hope they won't change too much. It already looked great in the stage show demo.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

>trying to make the game less easy
>making spirit vision easier because it was too difficult

gg, yamazaki

Derper

JesusMonroe wrote:

gg, yamazaki

You are aware there's a difference between making it less easy and making it frustrating, right?

Sounds like those who actually played it found a reason to be frustrated.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Prosecutor

JesusMonroe wrote:

gg, yamazaki

^^^^^^^^^^^

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
As a side note, they're still hyping up what Leifa's tatoo is supposed to mean. This isn't going to have some story-making importance, will it?

Leifa has a tattoo?

Mia Payne

I think there's a difference between being "difficult" vs "hard"

I'd assume that by "difficult" they meant like, pinpointing where/controls

Thanks a lot for the translation, Ash. Hopefully we can get the full article soon... I really wish Nintendo Dream had a digital edition lile Famitsu and Dengeki Nintendo.

Really can't wait for the next batch of AA news. My guess is we'll get something around the time the AA anime starts airing, which is most likely when Capcom will kick off its promotion campaign).
ImageImageImage

ASCEND

How did Spirit Vision even work in the demo? I don't recall ever hearing about it.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Planetbox wrote:
How did Spirit Vision even work in the demo? I don't recall ever hearing about it.

Here you are.

Basically you see the victim's last moments, with what they felt, heard or smelled superimposed over a video of what they saw. You have to find contradictions between what is showed in the Magic Mirror and Leifa's statements.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

MoonRaven wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:

Leifa has a tattoo?

On her back. It looks like some sort of Brahmic script; like Tibetan, but not quite. I couldn't find what character it corresponds to, but I assure you it's not something silly like her name or her job.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

ASCEND

Slammer wrote:
Planetbox wrote:

Here you are.

Basically you see the victim's last moments, with what they felt, heard or smelled superimposed over a video of what they saw. You have to find contradictions between what is showed in the Magic Mirror and Leifa's statements.

Ah, thanks. I'll look at that later then.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

A New Chapter of Trials!

I'm intrigued that someone who did art direction in previous games is now also helping with the actual scenario and plot. Has he ever done anything like that before for other games?
Eureka!

迷探偵

Apollon wrote:
I'm intrigued that someone who did art direction in previous games is now also helping with the actual scenario and plot. Has he ever done anything like that before for other games?

Note that (hosoboso's summary of) the article doesn't specify what his responsibilities as the co-director are. He might be concentrating on subjects like music direction or timing of the script, rather than the contents of the scenario/plot. Up until now, Fuse's only been credited for the cutscene illustrations for AAI2, as well as the art director for the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 "special movie" and AA5, but it's definitely not strange if it turns out he is really helping with the creative image for the game. Nuri was already involved with DGS from an early stage on, and it was his idea that convinced Takumi to have the game start in Japan, rather than in England.

Yamazaki always writes his games with a team of script writers, so I think that the actual story details are left to them and himself, with Fuse helping Yamazaki with other director-level duties.

Also: A different Fuse has worked on AAI2 and AA5 as a script writer, but he's obviously not our art director (the writer is FUSE Hiroki, who also worked as a planner on the Monster Hunter series).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

A New Chapter of Trials!

Ash wrote:
Apollon wrote:

Note that (hosobo's summary of) the article doesn't specify what his responsibilities as the co-director specifically are. He might be concentrating on things like music direction or timing of the script, rather than the contents of the scenario/plot. Up until now, Fuse's only been credited for the cutscene illustrations for AAI2, as well as the art director for the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 "special movie" and AA5, but it's definitely not strange if he would be helping out with the creative image for the game. Nuri was already involved with DGS from an early stage on, and it was his idea that convinced Takumi to have the game start in Japan, rather than in England.

Yamazaki always writes his games with a team of script writers, so I think that the actual story details are left to them and himself, with Fuse helping Yamazaki with other director's duties.

Also: A different Fuse has also been working on AAI2 and AA5 as a script writer, but he's obviously not our art director (the writer is FUSE Hiroki, who also worked as a planner on the Monster Hunter series).

Ah that makes more sense. Still, co-creator seems like a big step up to me!
Eureka!

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

JesusMonroe wrote:

gg, yamazaki

Who knows if he actually decided that. It might be a higher-up demand because Capcom, like all the other big publishers is so much about having as wide an audience as possible and making it accessible and mainstream to everyone.

But otherwise, yeah, lol, exactly my reaction too. Down the drain with the whole ambition of making AA6 harder. All it took was showing the game to people who probably have never played Ace Attorney before. smh.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

I like to think I'm a scientist

Well... hopefully if they're making an effort to respond to fan complaints, they'll also respond to other common fan complaints and do things like bring back Maya and give Apollo a fulfilling character arc. Or finally let Apollo and Trucy know they're siblings.
Great big hopefully-scientific Ace Attorney fandom shipping survey: http://aceattorneyshipping.tumblr.com/

ASCEND

venatrixlunaris wrote:
Well... hopefully if they're making an effort to respond to fan complaints, they'll also respond to other common fan complaints and do things like bring back Maya and give Apollo a fulfilling character arc. Or finally let Apollo and Trucy know they're siblings.

The Apollo and Trucy thing seems a little more likely now that they've sent Phoenix off to the Kingdom of Kurain to stop hogging the spotlight over in Japanifornia. Especially considering Apollo is at least a protagonist again, he'll hopefully get some kind of story arc.

迷探偵

linkenski wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

gg, yamazaki

But otherwise, yeah, lol, exactly my reaction too. Down the drain with the whole ambition of making AA6 harder. All it took was showing the game to people who probably have never played Ace Attorney before. smh.

From the context, I think it's fairly safe to assume they meant the GUI of the Spirit Vision system wasn't clear enough / controlling it was more difficult than they had planned, and that they had to tweak that. Which is hardly a bad thing. I mean, sure, they could also decide the whole game has to be controlled with voice commands to up the difficulty of the game, but that wouldn't make the game more enjoyable.

Also: considering you sometimes have to wait for more than an hour (and sometimes hours) to get to play a demo of a just a few minutes at TGS, I think it's safe to say that most people who played the demo there do have some relevant interest in the series.

Quote:
I mean, sure, they could also decide the whole game has to be controlled with voice commands to up the difficulty of the game, but that wouldn't make the game more enjoyable.

Thank goodness that possible draft idea was tossed. I get the feeling it was quite possible, indeed... for a few scant minutes.

I too figure it was the UI. From how it looked in the stage demo, everything seemed just fine, game-difficulty-wise. Maybe there'd be an issue with timing sometimes, and the hitodama don't do that good a job marking where each segment of the video ends and begins. They're the most confusing part. But I still appreciate the entire mechanic behind Spirit Vision. I felt we could do with more toying with video footage in these games, and they delivered it in a unique style.

I forgot if this was mentioned already, but will the game have animated cutscenes again? Or are they sticking more with the 3D movement like Leifa's dance?

Anime cutscenes are back, yes. Was it from the Famitsu interview or something? I don't recall exactly, but it was mentioned for sure.

Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes