Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 3 of 3[ 83 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: New 3DS adventure from former CING staff!Topic%20Title

Programmer

I finished it too. It's slow paced, has a fair bit of filler dialog and still only clocked in at 1:14. The story is a little interesting, but the slow pacing hurts.

The game suffers from a poor automatic notes system. It only tracks character profiles and even that is lacking. For all the characters involved, only like half of them got an entry. Not even the freaking victim got an entry!

But despite this, the difficulty was easy. Not pathetically easy, but you were never required to make any logic leaps. Or logic deductions at all. It was just checks that you are paying attention. The instant gameover was unfair, but other than that you have plenty of margin for error.

A little disappointed that there was no 3D support, but it's not the first time a game from this publisher has neglected that.

As for the art, there was only two photos to examine. One is decent and the other poor. As for backgrounds and such, meh. So bland that I can't recall them.

The character art/models was okay. Nothing spectacular. Nothing that I will remember tomorrow. When it comes to the animations, they are very limited and sedated. It generally fits with teh slow pacing and tone, but it's still rather meh.

As for the overall plot it's nice. But again the slow pacing brings things down. It was a little tricky keeping things straight in my head when so many unfamiliar names were juggled around. Doesn't help that they were all transliterated Japanese.

In general, the game was a meh. Never did anything specifically wrong. Never did anything specifically right.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Blah!

Lusankya wrote:
Well, we've got this download only title:

And although it's probably much shorter and less translation work than -Chase- it at least means they aren't just automatically going to ignore it, because it's a Japanese DL only title.

Hey, it looks like this was popular enough to get the sequel localized as well. It was released on February 9.

Parascientific Escape ~Gear Detective~ appears to have a similar premise to the original, where the main characters have psychic abilities and there are locked room challenges. This time around the focus is on the ability to see into the past (the last game had clairvoyance and telepathy). The main characters are different too, so I don't know if there is a need to play the first game before this one. Either way, the first game was good enough, so I'll check it out sometime. Maybe in between finishing Tokyo Mirage Sessions and starting Persona 5, if there's any gap there.

I noticed that the Wikipedia page of all 3DS games says that the game wasn't released in Europe though, which is sad if true. The last game was simultaneously released in EU and NA. It looks like CIRCLE didn't make a third game in this series either, unless the production is longer or held up by something else; the two games were released in 2014 and 2015 in Japan.

1000% Knight

Interesting. The third game in the series was also just released in Japan.

Still find it kind of weird how they're localizing Parascientific Escape but not Escape Adventure... but Escape Adventure has a fair amount of kanji-based puzzles, so maybe they just don't know how to localize those xD
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
Page 3 of 3 [ 83 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » General » Trial Minutes