Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 59 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Famitsu preview TeamApollo VS TeamNickTopic%20Title

Blizdi wrote:
Reglare wrote:
Hoso_boso also retweeted the famitsu review scores as posted by Nintendo Everything:

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-r ... res-53116/

No impressions translated yet though.

I was worried until i realized this is the company who rated DD 37/40 and GK2 and T&T 35/40

Maybe this is the effect of not making it more accessible?

Well, DD was the first real AA game on the 3DS, so I guess it got really high scores just for that. AA6 is just more of the same, so I guess that's why they didn't score as high. Probably the same why GK got higher scores than GK2.

Anyway the score is 8/9/9/8, so two reviewers think it's a fantastic game and two think it's a very good game. I am more interested in what they have to say about the game instead of the scores, though.

迷探偵

I don't know how Famitsu was in the past, but Famitsu reviews have not been interesting at all ever since I was aware of the magazine. Basically all the major gaming publications in Japan are just one part of the marketing programs of the publishers, with little to no real original reports/news/opinions on anything (the columns by the guest writers like Sakurai are actually way more interesting in terms of original content than the columns by the Famitsu editors). As for the Famitsu 'reviews': the reviewers can't even write text longer than a tweet per review! I'm not a fan of numerical rating review systems anyway, and especially in the case of Famitsu: random number + one sentence per person are not very informative.

Famitsu ratings would be more informative if people would actually note which reviewers give what grade to what games, but for some reason nobody ever reports on that, only the grades (and yes, Famitsu has more than four reviewers).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Tue May 31, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mia Payne

Ash wrote:
I don't know how Famitsu was in the past, but Famitsu reviews have not been interesting at all ever since I was aware of the magazine. Basically all the major gaming publications in Japan are just part of the marketing of publishers, with little to no real original reportage/news/opinions on anything (the columns by the guest writers are actually way more interesting in terms of original content). As for the Famitsu 'reviews': the reviewers can't even write more text longer than a tweet! So yeah, I'm not a fan of numerical rating review systems anyway, and especially in the case of Famitsu: random number + one sentence per person is just not very informative.

Famitsu ratings would be more informative if people would actually note which reviewers give what grade to what games, but for some reason nobody ever reports on that, only the grades (and yes, Famitsu has more than four reviewers).

Famitsu is
Spoiler:
Fas**tsu

元・超会社員級の管理人

A general reminder that any posts in a topic should be at a higher quality than literal "s**t"posting...

Anyway, Famitsu scores are mostly worthless these days outside of very broad categories. We'll have the full review text tomorrow, so let's hold tight.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Monkey with a gun

Those are still some good scores

It just simply means that the games barely changed formula wise, it tends to happen a lot, sequels tend to get lower ratings if there isn't a massive change.

JFA and T&T would get smaller ratings compared to the original

Compared to Famitsu's DD, I'm inclined to believe DD only got higher because it was the first real transition to 3D and production value.

Regardless I really don't care about reviews unless it's a major flaw with Gameplay, Ace Attorney is all about writing and how people see it, we have people love some for being climactic, and we have people who don't like as much for focusing on specific characters or annoying cast etc. it happens. Heck, I remember some people just flat out hating AAI2 for focusing on Edgeworth.

If you like the way the game is already, your in for a treat, and if your still skeptical, the writing could still make you love it.

What did he do this time...?

Wait, so...

1: There's a case as a preorder bonus that involves Phoenix VS Edgeworth
2: There's a case as a preorder bonus that involves Apollo VS Klavier
3: There's a DLC case that involves a wedding, time travel, and Larry.
4: There's a somehow plot-related case that involves Apollo VS Phoenix that involves Blackquill as an aide.

I'm not sure what to think about this. On one hand, I enjoy how incredibly ridiculous the AA series can be, but on the other hand, I'm concerned the game's main plot is going to be overshadowed/not very good. I'm definitely interesting to see how everything will pan out.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

Honestly, I'd be surprised at this point if this was part of the main game. I think it's probably an extra episode; maybe we'll get four story trials, and then a fifth one packaged in for fan service entirely.

I think we're all jumping to conclusions assuming that this is actually canon, let alone part of the main story. This seems way too far fetched, even for AA, to be put into a mainline case.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

Gardevoir lover

TheBlarghMan wrote:
Honestly, I'd be surprised at this point if this was part of the main game. I think it's probably an extra episode; maybe we'll get four story trials, and then a fifth one packaged in for fan service entirely.

I think we're all jumping to conclusions assuming that this is actually canon, let alone part of the main story. This seems way too far fetched, even for AA, to be put into a mainline case.

Well Yamazaki did say he wants to outdo himself in every game he works on.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

元・超会社員級の管理人

Someone on 2ch (so take this with a grain of salt) posted this summary of the Famitsu reviews:

Quote:
・歴代シリーズとして風格があるが新鮮味に欠ける
・一部の展開が強引
・伏線が導く結末は衝撃的
・3Dアニメーションが多すぎてテンポを欠く

Translation wrote:
-It's a good entry in the series, but it lacks a sense of freshness
-Some of the plot developments overdo it a bit
-The way everything comes together in the end is stunning
-There's a little too much 3D animation, which hurts the tempo

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Mia Payne

Translation wrote:
-It's a good entry in the series, but it lacks a sense of freshness

As I suspected, the typical "Sequel" thing they do with AA sequels being knocked down for being a sequel with little gameplay changes or only adding mechanics
Quote:
-Some of the plot developments overdo it a bit

Heh. Good old Yamazaki drama:D again, expected

Quote:
-The way everything comes together in the end is stunning

THANK YOU BASED YAMAZAKI WITH YOUR OVERARCHING PLOTS

Quote:

First it was a plus for DGS, now it's a minus for AA6. gg no re

Heh heh.

Blizdi wrote:
Translation wrote:

First it was a plus for DGS, now it's a minus for AA6. gg no re

Maybe it's because of the difference in how it's applied? Idk; I haven't played DGS or anything, but to me it feels like DGS actually dove into the 3D models and such whereas DD and AA6 only have them as unnecessary extra, black cartoon outlines and all, like the game's still supposed to be 2D but with special effects added. Unnecessary special effects, at that.

Ace Fangirl

I agree. DGS had a very fun way of applying 3D, both in its models and their dynamic movements, and in actual investigation bits. AA6 seems to have the same old-same old 3D mechanisms where it just feels... mandatory.

Derper

It could also mean the motion-captured 3D cutscenes.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Ace Fangirl

True, true. I don't remember if there was any motion-capturing done for AA5 and 6, but I know that in DGS they did a lot of it, especially for the breakdowns. Though that may relate to the characters in DGS being more 'dynamic'. There's a couple of them who literally prance across the screen at times, whereas in AA5 (and I guess also 6), they just sorta stand still and stare at the camera 95% of the time.

Derper

Have you seen the 3D cutscenes of Rayfa dancing or Phoenix bursting into the courtroom? Definitely looks like motion-captured to me since the heads pop-out, at least in Rayfa's dance.

The new mechanic of watching camera footage from multiple angles are also in 3D.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Ace Fangirl

That's true! Maybe they took a leaf out of DGS's book and there'll be even more motion capture scenes like that throughout the game.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Oh, and don't forget
Spoiler: 6-1
Potdino standing over the body.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Mia Payne

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Oh, and don't forget
Spoiler: 6-1
Potdino standing over the body.

I agree, I hated that every animation was motion captured in DGS. It wasted time and it got to the point where I was like "yes, we get it, he's physically doing that, can we move on already, but if it's just for asides and cutscenes like that, I'll like it a lot more.

Wait a minute. This is totally out-there, and doesn't make a tiny amount of sense.

Oh yeah, we are talking about AA here. I forgot.

(I seriously hope it isn't part of the main storyline)
Page 2 of 2 [ 59 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes