Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 18 posts ]

AA6 Blog: Anime Expo Report, Preparing Next Game, New EventsTopic%20Title

迷探偵

In the final blog entry for the Japanese site of Ace Attorney 6, Eshiro first has his own little report on Spirit of Justice's presence at Anime Expo (with pictures). He was touched by how many fans there were, from cosplayers to people who had brought a Japanese copy of AA6 or the artbook of AA5 to be signed.

As for the future of AA: as the game was released over a month already, they are already getting the questionnaires back included with the game, so they are getting a good idea of what was good and was bad about the game. "Everyone in the team looked through them and will be kept in mind for future installments."

As it's the 15th anniversary of the series, they have events planned to celebrate the anniversary, but he can't go into details now. They are also looking into the possibility of a new orchestra concert, which he has been wanting to do for a long time now. They are also planning things like tie-up projects and special anniversary goods, "as they are preparing for their next game" (note: he does not specify the title).

And he of course hopes everyone will celebrate the series' anniversary together with them, and he hopes the fans will continue supporting the series in the future.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: AA6 Blog: Anime Expo Report, Preparing Next Game, New EvTopic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Whoa! GS7/GK3 is already in production?! After Dual Destinies, they didn't announce SoJ's development until January of 2014, so this really comes as a surprise!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

迷探偵

He doesn't say it's in actual production, he only implies 'a game' is in the planning/scheduling stage. Which is pretty much the usual thing for the series. For the players, it sometimes appears like there's a long gap between games, but if you look at the post-release interviews where they talk about when each project started, you'll notice there's actually never been a real gap.

AA1 ~ 3 were made one after another until 2004. Right after AA3, Takumi started working on what would become Ghost Trick. Later that year, he was asked to write the extra episode for AA1DS (2005), which was followed immediately by AA4 (2007). He then worked on Ghost Trick again, which was released in 2010: He then went working on Professor Layton VS AA (a project which had been waiting for him to finish GT in the first place), and after that was released late 2012, he was asked early 2013 to make a new AA game, which would become Dai Gyakuten Saiban.

As for the Eshiro/Yamazaki team, they too have always been busy. Yamazaki came fresh off AA4 as planner, so their team started in 2007, and AAI was first announced in spring 2008 (by which they had obviously already been working on it). The game was released in 2009, and they actually started working on GK2 right after that. After GK2 was released, they decided to flow directly into AA5 development (as Takumi was working on Layton), and AA6 too followed right after that. There have almost never been long breaks between the development cycles of all the AA games, except for Ghost Trick, and the time they needed to go get the right people at the right places at the right time.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Racing through the sky like a Missile

He may actually be referring to DGS2. Takumi and co. have been busy on that spinoff series.

In any case, I'm still waiting for GK3, aka Chief Prosecutor Edgeworth management sim. I bet Gaspen will finally have his moment to shine.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I'm glad to hear they listen to feedback as long as they don't listen too much to it.

It's going to be interesting to see what they create next. Honestly I would like to see them do something bold like "New Protagonist: Ace Attorney" or an entirely new series or just a new kind of spinoff, but I'm not counting on it. Considering how there is only GK1 and 2 though and so far only a Yamazaki/Eshiro Ace Attorney 1 and 2 now, it's going to be interesting to see what a third installement in either series is going to look like.

I get the impression with AA6 that like with AAI1 and AAI2, the first game, Dual Destinies, was mostly a safe and at times imitated sequel while the sequel was its own thing. What will the third game be like? More like the second game? More like the first or something we couldn't possibly predict?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

迷探偵

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
He may actually be referring to DGS2. Takumi and co. have been busy on that spinoff series.

The context is specifically about himself and his team, so it's probably not DGS2 he's talking about.

Quote:
In any case, I'm still waiting for GK3, aka Chief Prosecutor Edgeworth management sim. I bet Gaspen will finally have his moment to shine.

linkenski wrote:
I get the impression with AA6 that like with AAI1 and AAI2, the first game, Dual Destinies, was mostly a safe and at times imitated sequel while the sequel was its own thing. What will the third game be like? More like the second game? More like the first or something we couldn't possibly predict?

GS VS GK.

Art Person

Hard at work even after the newest game's just come out!
I wonder what sort of feedback they've received? From what I've seen SoJ is a step up from DD in terms of quality (animations and visuals etc.) so I can imagine the next one will be a step up! (Which kinda contradicts Takumi's idea of keeping the sprites for Nick the same so the older games don't look dated XD)

Ash wrote:
GS VS GK.

If they ever did a case where you can play both as the defence and the prosecution, and their paths both can affect the ending that'd be a neat spinoff! It'd need a new DA and Prosecutor though, as I don't think existing characters could work (Unless Athena's the DA, and they pick her version of the story as the "canon" version).

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I've long thought that these games's episodic structure lends itself well to having multiple stories in one game, and the obsession with having 5 cases for one main story never really works out as well as how the first game or AJAA kept it two essentially only two cases of main story -- there's actually room for a game that like Resident Evil 2 had two seperate storylines split into 2 cases each and I've long wanted to see something like it in Ace Attorney.

I've also had the thought upon playing AAI that I wish I could have a game with AAI-like investigations coupled with GS-like courtroom segments or something. I know that basically renders the quick pace of GK-titles obsolete but it retains their playability during investigations where you use logic and 'deduce' to proceed rather than simply talking and investigating (and occasionally psyche-locking)

...and I think it's a safe bet that their next game, like DGS2 probably, will end up being NX-titles. That means they can switch up the formula, maybe with fully rendered third person investigations. I've always had a vision of an Ace Attorney game which investigation segments play like in Catherine when you walk around the bar or something.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:
As for the future of AA: as the game was released over a month already, they are already getting the questionnaires back included with the game, so they are getting a good idea of what was good and was bad about the game. "Everyone in the team looked through them and will be kept in mind for future installments."

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, I didn't notice this! Just found it though~
Gonna have to fill it out tonight~
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

A New Chapter of Trials!

Nice that they're doing a feedback form with this game. I don't think I've heard of them doing one of those before for an AA game, so hopefully they will get a wide variety of feedback.
Eureka!

迷探偵

Apollon wrote:
Nice that they're doing a feedback form with this game. I don't think I've heard of them doing one of those before for an AA game, so hopefully they will get a wide variety of feedback.

They have been doing that ever since the very first game for the GBA (Takumi comments on them in this blog entry for GBA AA2 for example).

Seasoned Animator

Bad Player wrote:
Ash wrote:

Are you allowed to post an image of it?
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

What did he do this time...?

Quote:
I've also had the thought upon playing AAI that I wish I could have a game with AAI-like investigations coupled with GS-like courtroom segments or something.

This is what I want, too. IMO The mainline AA games have had lackluster investigation portions compared to AAI and its sequel. I'd really like to see a more hands-on investigation incorporated into the next AA game, but I'm not betting on it.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

1000% Knight

ApolloGrimoire wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Ash wrote:

Are you allowed to post an image of it?

It's just a piece of paper with a URL to the online questionnaire. I can post a pic if you really want, but it's nothing special...

Also I just checked my DD and DGS boxes, and questionnaires are there too! Aaaaaaaaaaaargh, I can't believe I've missed all of theseeeee!! >_<
Mulling it over today, I'll probably submit it in a week or so, cuz I wanna do a comprehensive response (that also includes my major grievances from DD...)

迷探偵

Bad Player wrote:
Mulling it over today, I'll probably submit it in a week or so, cuz I wanna do a comprehensive response (that also includes my major grievances from DD...)

You probably already saw it, but just to be sure: don't forget the deadline is on the 31st (and you'll need to fill in a Japanese address on the form).

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

You probably already saw it, but just to be sure: don't forget the deadline is on the 31st (and you'll need to fill in a Japanese address on the form).

Yeah, thanks. I'll just use my Tenso address xP

迷探偵

If you're lucky, you might receive a gift card :D

1000% Knight

I said I didn't want to receive mail from them, so... :P

Anyway, the stupid character limit meant I couldn't say everything I wanted to say. Hopefully my Japanese writing skills aren't so rusty that they couldn't understand what I said... If anyone is interested: (Spoilers!)

Spoiler: 良い点
グラフィックスはとてもよかった。アニメがあまりなかったが、立ち絵はよく使われた。ビフーとアマラの立ち絵は特別に素晴らしかった。落語と仏教のテーマで面白かった。

ナユタはとてもいいキャラだった。「あきらめなさい」という言葉はナユタの検事のやり方と仏教の哲学を見事に結んだ。因果の読みも検事と仏教を結んだが、第2話以外にその言葉を使わなかったと思う。

すべての場所を調べられた!

犯人の真の姿はすごかった。でも、(告発後の)犯人との対決は短かった。

霊媒を利用する殺人や託宣を騙す殺人は面白かった。

オドロキが成長するのがよかった。でも、ナルホドとマヨイはまったく成長していなくてちょっと変な感じだった。逆転裁判1からもう10年間なのに、何も変わっていない。どうしてナルホドは主人公?ナルホドは成長しなかったし、ナルホドしかできないことはなかった。オドロキは大切だったが、ナルホドは必要ないという感じだった。

Spoiler: 悪い点
逆転裁判6自体が好きだったが、逆転シリーズの未来は不安だ。逆転裁判1~3で、霊媒が確実に存在するのにDL-6のせいで一般人が霊媒を信じないということはちょっと変だったが、うのみにできた。でも、ある国が裁判で霊媒を使うなら、霊媒を信じないわけがないだろう?つまり、逆転裁判1~3の世界と逆転裁判6の世界は合わない。

クライン王国の物語は辻褄が合わなかった。弁護士が女王を殺したことで全ての弁護士が嫌いになるわけがないだろう。弁護罪のせいで有罪になってしまった無実の人がたくさんいたなら、どうしてそんなに長い間に国民が弁護罪を支持していた?

オドロキ以外に主人公はあまり成長していない。それは、主人公が多すぎるからかも。毎エピソードで新しい主人公を招待しなければいけないから、いつも新しい主人公を招待していて、もう招待した主人公を成長させる時間がなくなる。オドロキだけの物語がいいかも。

音楽は悪かった。

(Yes, I know I talked about 悪い点 in the 良い点 section. It's their fault for the stupid character limit.)
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes