Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

Ace Attorney anime finished after current cour for nowTopic%20Title

迷探偵

We already knew that Takumi said that the Ace Attorney anime was originally scheduled for a half-year run, as he mentioned that just before the series started. While we don't know if the series met expectations in terms of viewership for YTV and Capcom, but we do now know that the Ace Attorney anime will not be extended at any rate after the current cour (presumably late September), as Time Bokan 24 is now confirmed to take over the time slot in October. So no Trials & Tribulations for the mokent.

Whether Ace Attorney will return in the future is not known yet. It would depend on whether the show did well enough for YTV. Kindaichi R also took a season break on the same slot, but that show was definitely popular enough for that (and it had synergy with Conan, that starts at 18:00). In terms of viewership, it did consequently worse than the series that ran before it on the same time slot, but I have no idea whether that's good enough for YTV or not. Sales of the home release might help, though in general, it's of lesser importance for that particular time slot (the succes stories of anime getting new seasons because of sales are usually about late-night anime, not super-popular daytime slots).

(And another note: huh, they're doing another Time Bokan X Detective Conan hour? That's what they did back in 2009/2010, with the Yatterman/Conan hour... I bet it's producer Suwacchi's idea again)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Ace Attorney anime finished for the momentTopic%20Title

Programmer

You might be a little more careful about your timing. It is extremely easy to think that you mean that the show has been canceled as of right now.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!
Re: Ace Attorney anime finished for the momentTopic%20Title

迷探偵

henke37 wrote:
You might be a little more careful about your timing. It is extremely easy to think that you mean that the show has been canceled as of right now.

Oh, I did mention October specifically in the post, but I edited the title and the post slightly to make it clear it's finished after the current cour.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Ace Attorney anime finished after current cour for nowTopic%20Title

Art Person

Level 5've swooped in it seems!
I was expecting no T&T, but maybe we'll get a season 2 of the anime with T&T and some fillers down the line? (Or T&T could take up a whole season if they slowed the pace down. Seeing Mia again will be great!)
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes