Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 28 posts ]
 


Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-01-2016/

There's a 3DS-exclusive Nintendo Direct this Thursday, September 1, at 7:00 AM Pacific time. This might not be Ace Attorney related, but we might get some Spirit of Justice-related stuff!

Staff edit: After some technical scares with CyTube, it's back up and running - so as usual, stop by at showtime to catch the stream and chat with other Ace Attorney fans!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Programmer

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Bug Sweeper

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Posts: 830

It is a week from release. I would hope that they know to at least show an existing trailer.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1636

We'll get the launch-trailer for sure.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

This might be a good time to talk to people about DLC, since due to the format they can really spell out the differences between the main game and the DLC as well as the release dates.
"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

超会社員級の管理人

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 3295

For those of you playing along at home, it might be worth noting that Dai Gyakuten Saiban was first announced (as "a new Ace Attorney project by Takumi") in a Nintendo Direct.

So I'd say there's a small chance we see DGS2 on the Japanese Direct. If it is showing up though, I think it's more likely to be announced in Famitsu so Capcom can save the trailer for TGS week, though. (Also, the direct mentions it's focused on games coming out this year, which a hypothetical DGS2 most certainly isn't!)
Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3035

If this direct will be on cytube here for us to all comment on, which one will you pick? The US one for an SoJ trailer, or Japanese for a potential DGS2?
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

I just want a Western release date for Dragon Quest 8.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6930

Bolt Storm wrote:
So I'd say there's a small chance we see DGS2 on the Japanese Direct. If it is showing up though, I think it's more likely to be announced in Famitsu so Capcom can save the trailer for TGS week, though. (Also, the direct mentions it's focused on games coming out this year, which a hypothetical DGS2 most certainly isn't!)

They said they're going to focus on games that are being released within the year, so I'd say the chances of DGS2 are slim to none; I'm still putting my money on TGS.
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2237

Waiting for that Famicom Detective Club 3DS announcement! (Hey, asking for Shenmue 3 for yeeeeeaaars worked!)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Programmer

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Bug Sweeper

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Posts: 830

SuperAj3 wrote:
If this direct will be on cytube here for us to all comment on, which one will you pick? The US one for an SoJ trailer, or Japanese for a potential DGS2?

We have some technical issues, so it's not impossible that we can't do anything with cytube. We are in discussion about the issue internally.

As for which one to pick, we have traditionally held a vote in the hours before. But so far the USA stream has always won.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6930

Ash wrote:
Waiting for that Famicom Detective Club 3DS announcement! (Hey, asking for Shenmue 3 for yeeeeeaaars worked!)

Wouldn't they have to call it 3DS Detective Club? :P
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2237

Bad Player wrote:
Ash wrote:
Waiting for that Famicom Detective Club 3DS announcement! (Hey, asking for Shenmue 3 for yeeeeeaaars worked!)

Wouldn't they have to call it 3DS Detective Club? :P

Nope. The BS version was indeed called BS Detective Club, but the Famicom Wars (Advance Wars) series also went from Game Boy Wars Advance back to Famicom Wars DS for the DS games ;p
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

超会社員級の管理人

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 3295

After a brief scare with CyTube, it's back up and running. So as per usual we'll have the chat and stream going!
Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Damn it, I'll be getting ready for school at that time! (I leave at around 7:30-7:40, this won't be so bad if the Direct is short)
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3035

henke37 wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
If this direct will be on cytube here for us to all comment on, which one will you pick? The US one for an SoJ trailer, or Japanese for a potential DGS2?

We have some technical issues, so it's not impossible that we can't do anything with cytube. We are in discussion about the issue internally.

As for which one to pick, we have traditionally held a vote in the hours before. But so far the USA stream has always won.

Ahh I see. I have a feeling if the US one was shown we'd see a repeat of an existing SoJ trailer, but I do think that one's better, seeing as the site covered Lady Layton, and that's most definitely showing up in English in the US direct.

Ash wrote:
Waiting for that Famicom Detective Club 3DS announcement! (Hey, asking for Shenmue 3 for yeeeeeaaars worked!)

YES! We need this! I've played the Fan translation of The Girl in Back and it's an excellent game!
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Comeback King

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Posts: 49

So what would you say our chances are of seeing the Launch Trailer today?
I guess it'd make sense, since if they did show it you'd assume that's when they'd reveal
the 3DS home screen themes, or the DLC case if we're really lucky.
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title

Avatar? I'm not even a bender!

Gender: None specified

Location: Probably not here

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:39 am

Posts: 27

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but is this Direct US-only, or is it also for Europe?
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Comeback King

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Posts: 49

2Edgey4Mia wrote:
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but is this Direct US-only, or is it also for Europe?


it doesn't sound stupid at all. And it's for Japan, US and EU if that's what you are asking.
NintendoUK are hosting the direct on their Twitch channel, and I'm assuming it'll be the same
for Japan and the US.
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Germany

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:04 pm

Posts: 1045

There was a short Trailer for SoJ in the Europen Direct.
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Posts: 435

Literally only 10 seconds of the very first english trailer. :sad-maya:
Image

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Enigma

Gender: Female

Location: Beneath the Shrine of Seals

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:28 am

Posts: 1643

Couldn't tune into the direct. How was it? Anything noteworthy?

Lusankya wrote:
There was a short Trailer for SoJ in the Europen Direct.


Slammer wrote:
Literally only 10 seconds of the very first english trailer. :sad-maya:


...Oh. I see.
Image
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons


Last edited by Bramimond on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 1026

There was also a short segment in the NA Nintendo Direct. Nothing noteworthy about it.
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3035

It was literally crack a law pun - "Spirit of Justice!" - 10 seconds of footage - another law pun - end scene.
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

Well...I was expecting a little more than that, but then again Dual Destinies didn't have a real big Nintendo Direct presence either, so it's not really anything new. On the other hand, there's nothing really to show off now other than announcing they're localizing the dlc case since the game comes out in a week, so I guess it makes sense.
"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Comeback King

Gender: Male

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Posts: 49

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Well...I was expecting a little more than that, but then again Dual Destinies didn't have a real big Nintendo Direct presence either, so it's not really anything new. On the other hand, there's nothing really to show off now other than announcing they're localizing the dlc case since the game comes out in a week, so I guess it makes sense.


It's just terrible advertising. Announcing the 3DS Themes, DLC Case, and posting the final trailer on Launch Day instead of in advance is, in my opinion, ridiculous. Anyone who has never seen AA before and looked at that Direct would have thought "what the hell's going on?"
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ultimate Survivor

Gender: Female

Location: Virginia

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Posts: 163

Dumb repetitive question perhaps, but has Capcom really said *nothing* regarding the localization of the DLC case? I can't imagine they would leave it out since they localized DD's DLC, but it would be nice to have the official confirmation.
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 1026

Miss All Sunday wrote:
Dumb repetitive question perhaps, but has Capcom really said *nothing* regarding the localization of the DLC case? I can't imagine they would leave it out since they localized DD's DLC, but it would be nice to have the official confirmation.


It really seems that their marketing and PR budget is small this time around. If the DLC does end up coming out in the end, low marketing budget would probably have something to do with why they aren't saying anything. Or if it comes out relatively late, then maybe they're waiting to see how the game sells before dedicating full time to localize it.
Re: Nintendo 3DS Direct 9/1Topic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

ForgottenLegend wrote:
It's just terrible advertising. Announcing the 3DS Themes, DLC Case, and posting the final trailer on Launch Day instead of in advance is, in my opinion, ridiculous. Anyone who has never seen AA before and looked at that Direct would have thought "what the hell's going on?"


In my opinion AA advertising has always been lackluster in regards to widespread exposure. Putting up trailers for us fans is great, but if they were more focused on courting new fans then I think they would have better success. I'm not saying they'd have to spend a ton of money, but just throw what money they do have for marketing into areas where possible fans of AA might be present (fans of anime, adventure games, mystery, etc.) I haven't watched the anime on Crunchyroll but I haven't heard anything about any tie-in marketing with SoJ being shown off. It seems like a no-brainer to throw a little trailer or character video at the end of every couple of episodes. Even DD's marketing was more spread out and public, which meant that more people were able to see it and get excited/prepare for it better.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Miss All Sunday wrote:
Dumb repetitive question perhaps, but has Capcom really said *nothing* regarding the localization of the DLC case? I can't imagine they would leave it out since they localized DD's DLC, but it would be nice to have the official confirmation.

It really seems that their marketing and PR budget is small this time around. If the DLC does end up coming out in the end, low marketing budget would probably have something to do with why they aren't saying anything. Or if it comes out relatively late, then maybe they're waiting to see how the game sells before dedicating full time to localize it.


Regarding the DLC, they announced the DLC being localized in July of 2013, 3 months before DD was released (you can find the topic here on C-R). Someone in another topic (I think it was linkenski) pointed out that they might be not talking about it until the game comes out because they're going to charge money for it from the beginning and fans may feel ripped off because Japanese fans got it free for a month. But as that poster also discussed, we're getting the game cheaper than they did, so it works itself out and in all honesty I don't think 5 or 6 bucks for a new case is a rip off in any way. I don't think that many hardcore fans would be upset about it, unless they weren't really aware of the rocky status of the franchise in the west.
"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Page 1 of 1 [ 28 posts ] 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot?], MH MD, SPInc and 10 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO