Court Records
http://forums.court-records.net/

UP: DGS2 out 8/3 in Japan! Lady Layton out 7/20 worldwide!
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32542
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bolt Storm [ Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:12 pm ]
Post subject:  UP: DGS2 out 8/3 in Japan! Lady Layton out 7/20 worldwide!

We weren't expecting much in the Nintendo Direct today, but we got two big pieces of Japanese release date news: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 will be released August 3rd, 2017, and Lady Layton will be released July 20th in Japan!

The Japanese title of Lady Layton has also been revised to "Layton Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaire's Conspiracy". No word yet on if the English title will be changing as well.

More DGS2 info will be coming in next week's 15th anniversary livestream.

UPDATE 4/13/17: Following up on yesterday's Japanese announcements, Level-5 has confirmed that Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaire's Conspiracy (formerly Lady Layton, final English title TBD) will be releasing worldwide on July 20th for iOS and Android! However, the international 3DS version will not launch the same day.

The iOS/Android version will be 1900 yen in Japan and will allow players to experience the game's main story start to finish, although in-app purchases will be available (details TBA). The game will be playable in Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, and Korean.

[Via Level-5 PR]

Author:  Blizdi [ Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Cant wait for the mediocre disappointment

Author:  Cesar Zero [ Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Blizdi wrote:
Cant wait for the mediocre disappointment


No need to be so harsh on Lady Layton, I'm sure it'l be alright. Also yay DGS2 hype!

Author:  Blizdi [ Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

DGS was mediocre, I doubt the midquel will be better

Author:  SarcasticEdgeworth [ Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

So long as DGS2 has the leg in it I am happy.

Author:  Avi S. Puhn [ Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

DGS2 "trailer" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-5hAQ_y1SU

Lady Layton slideshow with 4 seconds of gameplay too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_o2KyaAZg

Author:  Cesar Zero [ Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Blizdi wrote:
DGS was mediocre, I doubt the midquel will be better


I don't think even AAI was bad to the point of being called mediocre, I don't see how anyone could consider DGS that.

Author:  Dollarluigi [ Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

I haven't finished DGS yet and it's eh so far, but I'm still willing to give the sequel a chance. Tbh, I'm a lot more interested in Lady Layton though.

Author:  Bolt Storm [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Blizdi wrote:
Cant wait for the mediocre disappointment


Blizdi, Spirit of Justice came out last year.

(I kid, I kid. But also I think you've well-established over the past two years that you have a deep dislike of DGS and want to ensure everyone knows this every time the series is so much as mentioned, so feel free to lay off any time.)

Also, I didn't catch this while reporting, but Lady Layton has gotten a new title in Japan: Layton Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Billionaire's Conspiracy. Wonder why they changed it, especially given they didn't even have a new logo to show off.

Author:  Blizdi [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Oh bolt, you know me so well by now. I am a grade A contrarion <3


Also I assume to keep the franchise as "Layton" a.k.a Layton Brothers/Layton 7.

Author:  Rubia Ryu the Royal [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

The real question is whether the conspiracy around said billionaire has anything to do with the town's political climate. Is it me, or are they revisiting the series' roots again? I certainly expect this game to be much more exciting than in Curious Village, but some rich guy running an entire town with some fantastical machinations has been used to varying degrees of success.

Then again, the entire series has been about steampunk action, so a little revisit won't harm.

Author:  Blizdi [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
The real question is whether the conspiracy around said billionaire has anything to do with the town's political climate. Is it me, or are they revisiting the series' roots again? I certainly expect this game to be much more exciting than in Curious Village, but some rich guy running an entire town with some fantastical machinations has been used to varying degrees of success.

Then again, the entire series has been about steampunk action, so a little revisit won't harm.


Isn't it supposed to be smaller mysteries instead of one big one?

Author:  Southern Corn [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Avi S. Puhn wrote:
DGS2 "trailer" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-5hAQ_y1SU

Lady Layton slideshow with 4 seconds of gameplay too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_o2KyaAZg

That's a good trailer

Anyway,I didn't realise for a second that by 8/3 you didn't mean 8th March and I was confused because if that were the case it already would've been released. Stupid American calendar :p

I myself will probably play it a bit after it comes out. I think most of you all will be waiting for the fanslation too. I'm pumped up

Author:  Bad Player [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

I spent a bit of time debating whether to watch the DGS2 trailer or not..........

and the "大決定" legit made me lol

山崎:”巧さん、大逆転裁判について話している時に、言葉の前に「大」をつけるのが好きですね。
巧:”違いますよ・・・・・・好きです!”



also i can't believe they're charging me an extra $3 for the physical version omg

Author:  Blizdi [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Southern Corn wrote:
Avi S. Puhn wrote:
DGS2 "trailer" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-5hAQ_y1SU

Lady Layton slideshow with 4 seconds of gameplay too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_o2KyaAZg

That's a good trailer

Anyway,I didn't realise for a second that by 8/3 you didn't mean 8th March and I was confused because if that were the case it already would've been released. Stupid American calendar :p

I myself will probably play it a bit after it comes out. I think most of you all will be waiting for the fanslation too. I'm pumped up


Japan actually uses Month, Day for dates

Author:  Southern Corn [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Gosh dang it Japan

Author:  Slammer [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Spoiler:
So:


Blidzi: DGS = Klonoahedgehog: DD/SOJ



cool




Jokes aside, I'm really looking forward to trying out Lady Layton. Seems really intriguing so far, at least for me.

Author:  Lusankya [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Blizdi wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
Avi S. Puhn wrote:
DGS2 "trailer" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-5hAQ_y1SU

Lady Layton slideshow with 4 seconds of gameplay too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT_o2KyaAZg

That's a good trailer

Anyway,I didn't realise for a second that by 8/3 you didn't mean 8th March and I was confused because if that were the case it already would've been released. Stupid American calendar :p

I myself will probably play it a bit after it comes out. I think most of you all will be waiting for the fanslation too. I'm pumped up


Japan actually uses Month, Day for dates


But at least they're consistent and use in general year/month/day and not this month/day/year crap. :p

Author:  Blizdi [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Slammer wrote:
Spoiler:
So:


Blidzi: DGS = Klonoahedgehog: DD/SOJ



cool




Jokes aside, I'm really looking forward to trying out Lady Layton. Seems really intriguing so far, at least for me.



Ay, I'm no where near as bad as *that*. I said they were mediocre, not the worst thing since sliced bread :P

Author:  mujie [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

Blizdi wrote:
Oh bolt, you know me so well by now. I am a grade A contrarion <3


Also I assume to keep the franchise as "Layton" a.k.a Layton Brothers/Layton 7.

Lady Layton already had Layton in though... And Professor Layton started with Professor...

Author:  Blizdi [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

mujie wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
Oh bolt, you know me so well by now. I am a grade A contrarion <3


Also I assume to keep the franchise as "Layton" a.k.a Layton Brothers/Layton 7.

Lady Layton already had Layton in though... And Professor Layton started with Professor...



I mean, Layton as the forerunner.

Like how at first the Ace Attorney logo had PHOENIX WRIGHT as the big letters, but 2 and on had ACE ATTORNEY as the big blue ones

Author:  Southern Corn [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 out 8/3! Lady Layton out 7/20!

And then for Apollo Justice it's still Ace Attorney as the big one. Poor Polly

Author:  Bolt Storm [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UP: DGS2 out 8/3 in Japan! Lady Layton out 7/20 worldwid

Update: the iOS and Android versions of Layton's Mystery Journey will be out on 7/20 worldwide. However, an international 3DS release date is still TBD/

Author:  iKiwed [ Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UP: DGS2 out 8/3 in Japan! Lady Layton out 7/20 worldwid

"The game will be playable in Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, and Korean."

These words warmed my heart...Even if it's not about DGS.

Author:  Gyakuten$aiban [ Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UP: DGS2 out 8/3 in Japan! Lady Layton out 7/20 worldwid

And then they announce Gyakuten Saiban 7 in September, just like last time.

Oh...boy.

Author:  Cesar Zero [ Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UP: DGS2 out 8/3 in Japan! Lady Layton out 7/20 worldwid

iKiwed wrote:
[i]"The game will be playable in Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, and Korean.


GODAMMIT THIS WAS THE FIRST THING I SAW WHEN OPENING THIS THREAD *CRIES*

Author:  Lusankya [ Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UP: DGS2 out 8/3 in Japan! Lady Layton out 7/20 worldwid

It's really weird the 3DS version doesn't get a world wide release. I wonder what the reason is?

Author:  Southern Corn [ Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UP: DGS2 out 8/3 in Japan! Lady Layton out 7/20 worldwid

Yea,Layton gets worldwide release p much . Sadly not DGS though

Author:  Blizdi [ Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UP: DGS2 out 8/3 in Japan! Lady Layton out 7/20 worldwid

Southern Corn wrote:
Yea,Layton gets worldwide release p much . Sadly not DGS though


*snide comment*

Author:  Bolt Storm [ Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UP: DGS2 out 8/3 in Japan! Lady Layton out 7/20 worldwid

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
And then they announce Gyakuten Saiban 7 in September, just like last time.

Oh...boy.


So... I'd actually be super surprised if we see AA7 right after DGS2 (or if it releases in 2018 at all). From what we've heard the AA6 team isn't really a thing right now (Yamazaki transferred offices and Eshiro is working on DGS2), so unless they've got a new producer and they have Fuse acting as full director, it doesn't seem like the game could be in full development. Plus it'll probably be the first entry in the series for the Switch, so that's gonna take some extra dev time.

Author:  Bad Player [ Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UP: DGS2 out 8/3 in Japan! Lady Layton out 7/20 worldwid

Bolt Storm wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
And then they announce Gyakuten Saiban 7 in September, just like last time.

Oh...boy.


So... I'd actually be super surprised if we see AA7 right after DGS2 (or if it releases in 2018 at all). From what we've heard the AA6 team isn't really a thing right now (Yamazaki transferred offices and Eshiro is working on DGS2), so unless they've got a new producer and they have Fuse acting as full director, it doesn't seem like the game could be in full development. Plus it'll probably be the first entry in the series for the Switch, so that's gonna take some extra dev time.

Didn't they say they wanted the franchise to have yearly releases? I could see a holiday 2018 release of GS7 or something.

Author:  Bolt Storm [ Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UP: DGS2 out 8/3 in Japan! Lady Layton out 7/20 worldwid

Bad Player wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
And then they announce Gyakuten Saiban 7 in September, just like last time.

Oh...boy.


So... I'd actually be super surprised if we see AA7 right after DGS2 (or if it releases in 2018 at all). From what we've heard the AA6 team isn't really a thing right now (Yamazaki transferred offices and Eshiro is working on DGS2), so unless they've got a new producer and they have Fuse acting as full director, it doesn't seem like the game could be in full development. Plus it'll probably be the first entry in the series for the Switch, so that's gonna take some extra dev time.

Didn't they say they wanted the franchise to have yearly releases? I could see a holiday 2018 release of GS7 or something.

It's possible, but IIRC Capcom has walked back the "yearly releases" thing a bit. Holiday 2018 is possible I guess, but again, there's the questions of if they had the staff available to start pre-production during DGS2.

I think it's more likely we see a Switch remaster of AA4/AA5/AA6 next year for the team to cut their teeth on and then AA7 in 2019.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/