Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: DGS2 in Famitsu 5/23: Case 2 details, new artTopic%20Title

um...hi your honour?

Bolt Storm wrote:
After going back to the January Famitsu issue, I'm more convinced that this case does take place between DGS1-4 and DGS1-5. The blurb there talked about how a letter from Susato to Ryuunosuke "brought to mind another case, hidden until now".

When I first saw that, I assumed it was referring to something like an Asougi flashback case (which was my guess for what would start the game for a long time). But as we all know that's not what happened. So instead it sounds like Susato's letter - which I'm guessing is recapping the events of DGS2-1 to Ryuunosuke - reminds Ryuunosuke and Holmes of this case, presumably because Souseki was involved in DGS2-1 as well.

What I still can't wrap my head around is why they would structure it like this. Unless this case is much more deeply linked to the overall DGS story arcs than we think, flashing back to this period adds nothing from a plot perspective or a character perspective. My only real guess is that Susato won't get back to London until case 4 or 5, and they wanted to have another case with Ryuunosuke/Susato/Holmes/Iris all together before that. I guess it could also serve as a way to get new players up to speed, though they sure seem to be marketing DGS2 as "please play DGS1 first", lol.

yeah, it's pretty weird they structured it that way, it actually makes much more sense that barok is prosecuting, i thought after DGS-5 that he would stop taking minor cases as his deed of checking Ryuunosuke's ability was over and done with, so i thought he'd go back to taking very major cases.

also....there might as well be important story points hidden in dgs2-2...
or it forshadowed events in DGS-5....the characters paid no mind....then DGS-5 happened.....

yeah.....hopefully the game will explain it better than i could....

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Not to change the subject to something irrelevant, but Monster Hunter XX has just been announced for Switch. It's a 3DS game, by Capcom, that they're porting and moving to Switch just shortly after its release in Japan and most likely in preparation for its western release I'd assume.

I have a feeling this improves our chances of seeing other Capcom 3DS IP on the Switch -- like Ace Attorney. Crossing my fingers, gullibly, that this could also mean a chance of a renewal of the "localization-cycle" for DGS in the west in case a Switch port will be made.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

I've been looking forward to DGS2 and Layton's Mystery Journey. All of the DGS2 info we've been getting is awesome and its nice we got a little more info on Layton's Mystery Journey. It's great to know tha the mysteries of DGS1 should be resolved in DGS2, so now I hope Layton's Mystery Journey contains some of what happens after the end of The Unwound Future or it has connections with the Layton Brothers Mystery Room.

MelodiousJustice wrote:
or it has connections with the Layton Brothers Mystery Room.

I really want something like this. That game really needs a sequel...
Signature loading, please wait...

Cesar Zero wrote:
MelodiousJustice wrote:
or it has connections with the Layton Brothers Mystery Room.

I really want something like this. That game really needs a sequel...

I'm so glad you thought it needed a sequel too. I thought that ever since finishing The Mystery Room. Really hoping that Alfendi is shown in Layton's Mystery Journey or is at least mentioned.

Happy Maria

Oh, absolutely. So many questions unanswered, especially the 6th case. I hope there's a separate sequel to that, though, and not Lady Layton itself.
Page 2 of 2 [ 46 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes