Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

DGS2 Eshiro/Takumi Demo/Talk Show EventTopic%20Title

迷探偵

There was a small demo event for DGS2 a few days ago for the fans, featuring a mini talk show corner with Takumi and Eshiro, where they answered some questions regarding the development of the game. A full translation of Famitsu's report of the talk show is available here. Nothing particularly new, but the question of whether there'll be a DGS3 or 4 was funny (answer: depends on explosive sales of 2).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: DGS2 Eshiro/Takumi Demo/Talk Show EventTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Nice, so there will be a seperate OST for the sequel. Thanks, Ash.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Nice read. However, I couldn't stop thinking this: (it's Damon Lindelof, show-writer for LOST and kind of a big liar.)

When you market the end of a series by "We want to answer all mysteries" I think it's a really bad sign. Bad in the sense that it says to me that Takumi has in fact been writing the uber-plot of DGS as he went and that he's since then been sitting with loose ends going "Errr, okay, how do we do this?". None of this means anything if DGS2 is conclusive to satisfaction of its players but the way they're teasing it is a bit of a warning sign, so I'm not surprised if there ends up being either weak answers or retcons of some sort. At least Takumi is honest about the possibility of overlooking stuff. The last thing I want is another Casey Hudson/Damon Lindelof out of Takumi.

Also, I'm curious about the "Please forgive me" line they keep referring to. What's that about?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Happy Maria

I don't think there'll be any retcons. Remember, DGS1&2 were supposed to be one game originally. So Takumi would've originally answered everything in the first script. I doubt he would retcon anything.

linkenski wrote:
Also, I'm curious about the "Please forgive me" line they keep referring to. What's that about?

Pretty sure they are referring to how van Zieks keeps apologizing when he does stuff like throw bottles and glasses of wine around the court.

Also yeah, the games were originally planned together and development on this game started pretty soon after the first one, I doubt there will be retcons or any more oversights than there are in an usual AA game.
Signature loading, please wait...

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Cesar Zero wrote:
linkenski wrote:

Pretty sure they are referring to how van Zieks keeps apologizing when he does stuff like throw bottles and glasses of wine around the court.

Okay, that DOES sound pretty meme-worthy. *Hits myself on my thigh* Grr, why isn't this localized? I want to see the memes of Zieks throwing random shit at the audience and saying "Please, forgive me."
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

迷探偵

The others mentioned it already, but going by previous interviews, it's more likely that DGS was originally conceived as one single game (not an on-going series), but Takumi simply came up with too many ideas for one game, so they had to split it up in two, so I think we may assume that Takumi probably knew what direction he wanted to go (and needed to go) for this second game.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes