Court Records
http://forums.court-records.net/

Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32621
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Blizdi [ Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

Image

Layton's Mystery Journey English trailer just got posted, seems official, though there is some left over Japanese, but it's impossible to have been editted due to how the text appears.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/xXVXG00QgKo

Author:  Bolt Storm [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

I'd say I'm confused as to why RPGFan is the only place with the official English dub trailer, but honestly, given how Level-5's handled marketing for this game thus far, it wouldn't surprise me if they just shoved it in a press pack during E3 and nobody'd gotten around to uploading it until now.

Author:  Blizdi [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

I'm just glad it's on iOS too, cuz my 3DS is full

Author:  Dollarluigi [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

Lol, I was just thinking about when the English trailer would come out.

For the most part, the voices sound okay. Kat's works for me and the dog's seems to fit really well. Most of the other voices... meh.
Oh well, it's not going to stop me from playing at some point in the future. XD

Author:  Apollon [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

Man, everyone is intoning really weirdly in the trailer, I wonder if the voice acting is still an early draft?

Author:  blahmoomoo [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

Apollon wrote:
Man, everyone is intoning really weirdly in the trailer, I wonder if the voice acting is still an early draft?


It's definitely full of attempts to sync with lip flaps, even if that means pausing the speech at times that make it unnatural. It's hard to say if it's a rough draft, if they didn't get modified animation from the studio to better match English voice acting yet, or if this is intended to be final.

Considering this game is coming out a month from today worldwide (except 3DS), I would guess this is meant to be final unless the wrong trailer was released. Fixing this sort of thing would likely not be possible this late. Then again, there are some odd things about the trailer like "LAYTON series NEW EPISODE", so maybe it is the wrong, incomplete trailer?

Author:  Blizdi [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

blahmoomoo wrote:
Apollon wrote:
Man, everyone is intoning really weirdly in the trailer, I wonder if the voice acting is still an early draft?


It's definitely full of attempts to sync with lip flaps, even if that means pausing the speech at times that make it unnatural. It's hard to say if it's a rough draft, if they didn't get modified animation from the studio to better match English voice acting yet, or if this is intended to be final.

Considering this game is coming out a month from today worldwide (except 3DS), I would guess this is meant to be final unless the wrong trailer was released. Fixing this sort of thing would likely not be possible this late. Then again, there are some odd things about the trailer like "LAYTON series NEW EPISODE", so maybe it is the wrong, incomplete trailer?

Level-5 confuse me with their handling of it, blah. It feels like they made it and were like "OH SHIT WE FORGOT TO MAKE IT IN ENGLISH" like an afterthought

Author:  blahmoomoo [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

Blizdi wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:
Apollon wrote:
Man, everyone is intoning really weirdly in the trailer, I wonder if the voice acting is still an early draft?


It's definitely full of attempts to sync with lip flaps, even if that means pausing the speech at times that make it unnatural. It's hard to say if it's a rough draft, if they didn't get modified animation from the studio to better match English voice acting yet, or if this is intended to be final.

Considering this game is coming out a month from today worldwide (except 3DS), I would guess this is meant to be final unless the wrong trailer was released. Fixing this sort of thing would likely not be possible this late. Then again, there are some odd things about the trailer like "LAYTON series NEW EPISODE", so maybe it is the wrong, incomplete trailer?

Level-5 confuse me with their handling of it, blah. It feels like they made it and were like "OH SHIT WE FORGOT TO MAKE IT IN ENGLISH" like an afterthought


Considering how mobile games are usually marketed in the US, where it's radio silence until right before a mobile game releases (unless you're Nintendo), it's possible they accidentally threw an incomplete trailer out there in a press release. Then they'll release the real trailer mid-July. Maybe.

Author:  Tryphena [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

I'm not sure how to feel about Kat's English voice yet, but I guess I'll just grow accustomed to it. I hope she sounds more natural in the game.

Author:  random123 [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

Image
https://layton.world

From Destructoid
Quote:
To help promote the upcoming Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy for 3DS, Level-5 teamed up with SCRAP (real escape games) to make a "puzzle-solving event that challenges users around the world to solve 50 puzzles that appear on the internet and in special locations in 10 countries, including Japan, the U.S., the U.K., South Korea, and Australia" from June 20 to September 21, 2017.

There's some puzzles to solve (the first one feature the Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen guy), others you need to wait until unlock.
I guess the trailer was a rushed release to promote the site that was already online.

Author:  Socot [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

Eh...I dunno anymore after seeing this one. The dub is definitely forced and stilted as one, and I feel it makes it looks like Kat is a Mary Sue. Not exactly enthused now

Author:  Apollon [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

random123 wrote:
Image
https://layton.world

From Destructoid
Quote:
To help promote the upcoming Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy for 3DS, Level-5 teamed up with SCRAP (real escape games) to make a "puzzle-solving event that challenges users around the world to solve 50 puzzles that appear on the internet and in special locations in 10 countries, including Japan, the U.S., the U.K., South Korea, and Australia" from June 20 to September 21, 2017.

There's some puzzles to solve (the first one feature the Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen guy), others you need to wait until unlock.
I guess the trailer was a rushed release to promote the site that was already online.

I swear this game has the weirdest promotion I have ever seen. The online puzzles are cool, although the second one is pretty dang confusing for non-japanese speakers and probably would have benefited a lot from a sketch pad like in Layton games proper.

Author:  Blizdi [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

I already did the 3/50 unlocked. The second one is some top tier Layton puzzle you'd only see at the end :V

Author:  Dollarluigi [ Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

Blizdi wrote:
I already did the 3/50 unlocked. The second one is some top tier Layton puzzle you'd only see at the end :V


Still haven't finished that second one. Jfc, it's confusing af.

Author:  random123 [ Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

Blizdi wrote:

Trailer was removed. :larry:

Author:  Dollarluigi [ Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

random123 wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

Trailer was removed. :larry:


D:

Author:  CourtroomShenanigans [ Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

Can I ask for some help on Puzzle 2 here?

Spoiler:
So I figured out that what I'm meant to do in each row is to visit each page's block puzzle, fit all the pieces together,
and form a word by putting the letters in each numbered spot in each block together in order. After that I put the labeled squares together to form the message at the bottom, which became "BEFORE N", pointing to a black square.

Now I'm stuck, and I have no idea what that could mean. Any hints, please?

Author:  random123 [ Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

Spoiler: hint Puzzle 2
You have all the words. Now, download the puzzle image and use a image editor (like Paint) to fill "certain squares" in black. When you finish, you will have the answer.


Puzzle #4 is out, only in Japan (TV Tokyo). But you can use this image to solve:
Spoiler: large image, use a new tab
Image

Author:  CourtroomShenanigans [ Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

random123 wrote:
Spoiler: hint Puzzle 2
You have all the words. Now, download the puzzle image and use a image editor (like Paint) to fill "certain squares" in black. When you finish, you will have the answer.


Ah, thank you!

Author:  Danchat [ Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

Wait, so was that trailer an official one that was accidentally released too early or something? Why would they take it down? I'm very confused with what's going on with this game.

Author:  Captain LardNar [ Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

https://youtu.be/xXVXG00QgKo

Author:  Celicam [ Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Layton's Mystery Journey English Trailer!

No idea if that new official trailer is similar to the first trailer, though it seems complete. What's everyone's thoughts on the VAs? I think Kats' seems pretty good, as does all the other characters. The dogs accent is a bit thick for my liking but Meh, the English.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/