Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Special Court Seminar report by Inside (+ translation)Topic%20Title

迷探偵

On June 4, Eshiro and Takumi held a "Special Court Seminar" on the Ace Attorney series at the Akihabara location of Human Academy (more are scheduled for July and August at other locations across Japan). The topics discussed included how the first game conceived, how Dai Gyakuten Saiban was conceived as an extra pillar to the series, how development on Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 is going, and interestingly enough, even a bit on the overseas localized releases of the series.

Inside has posted a two-part report on the seminar, available here and here.

Full translations of both artices are available on Gyakuten Saiban Library (Part 1 and Part 2). There are no game spoilers by the way, just heaps of praise for Janet Hsu's work!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Special Court Seminar report by Inside (+ translation)Topic%20Title

Thanks for our hard work, as always.

Ash wrote:
and interestingly enough, even a bit on the overseas localized releases of the series.

This part plus the take down of translated DGS YT videos is like a taunt to Western fans. Unless of course they plan to localize the DGS 1+2 package.
One can dream, right?

Ace Fangirl

Ash wrote:
On June 4, Eshiro and Takumi held a "Special Court Seminar" on the Ace Attorney series at the Akihabara location of Human Academy (more are scheduled for July and August at other locations across Japan).

OH... OH MY GOD... They're doing one in Fukuoka when I'm over there!!! I'm gonna have to look into this!

Edit: Update: the sign-up form is extremely unfair towards people who don't live in Japan. Not sure if I can pull this off.

Ace Fangirl

Sorry for the doublepost, but I realized I never updated on this situation:

Apparently the seminar was 'for Japanese high-school students only'. That's the response I got to my sign-up about a week before it would happen, anyway. This isn't mentioned anywhere in the advertisements as far as I could tell, so it left me rather baffled and sad. I would've loved to attend the seminar, but apparently as a foreign tourist I simply wasn't allowed to.

Happy Maria

Japanese high school students? What an....odd niche to cater too. I would think they would be more into DR and such.

Ace Fangirl

I think that it might be because the seminar was being hosted by something called the Human Academy, but even then... Is it limited to students of that particular academy? Why encourage sign ups in the advertisements if there's a limitation like that?

Happy Maria

The human academy doesn't even except most humans? Now that's just rude!

Seriously though, this makes no sense. It's more on the fault of the marketing team than anything tbh.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes