Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 16 posts ]

DGS2 in Famitsu 7/13: a coroner family and a waxworks caseTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Image Image

Hot on the heels of last week's trailer, and with the game's release just around the corner, Famitsu has one more scoop on DGS2 that shines a little more light on some of the scenes we saw there!

This week's article introduces doctors Sithe (left) and Goulloyne (right), a mother-daughter team of coroners who play a part in the legal system's slow march towards forensic science. The magazine also introduces a kidnapping case set in a waxworks museum involving a woman named Connette Rozaic, who winds up as the target of Holmes' latest bout of reasoning; a distinctive long scarf is visible off to one side of a screenshot, suggesting Pat O'Malley may be making an appearance (which the magazine points out). Finally, we get a brief look at Asougi's Asinine Attorney mini-case.

Full scans to come Wednesday as usual!

UPDATE: Scans:

Spoiler: Big images

Per above, the magazine introduces coroners Courtney Sithe and Maria Goulloyne. Sithe is the head coroner of Scotland Yard - a position that was only recently created - and works at the forefront of forensic science with her daughter Maria; Ryuunosuke meets them when the case he's investigating calls for more detailed investigation, including fingerprint work. Though Sithe can seem blunt, she also makes it clear that she sees her job as her own way of fighting criminals.

Next, the magazine introduces a waxworks "kidnapping" case. In a somewhat off-the-beaten-path corner of the World's Fair, a waxworks museum has been erected, featuring the works of the Rozaic family. Unfortunately, one of the major figures from the museum's House of Horrors, which collects London's major criminals, has gone missing - and Holmes is intrigued by Rozaic referring to it as a "kidnapping". It's not long after he gets there that another bout of Joint Reasoning crops up. Later, at the trial, Rozaic testifies that the criminal was using the theft to demand a virtual fortune for the figure's safe return. She also notes that the wax figures of the museum are created by taking a cast of the person's face directly

Lastly, we're given brief introductions to the pre-order bonus Asinine Attorney mini-cases. In the first, Asougi takes on a special trial as part of his preparations for studying abroad, going up against a still-angry Payne; in the second, Holmes takes to the defense bench when Iris is arrested, with Ryuunosuke as his 'assistant'.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: DGS2 in Famitsu 7/13: a coroner family and a waxworks caTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Huh. What an interesting...pair this time. Sheesh, this game's packed full of Detectives this time. What gives?

迷探偵

As for my guesses to the origins of the names: Shis probably comes from the verb "shisu" ("to die"), while Groyney comes from "guroi ne" ("grotesque, isn't it?"). Fitting for coroners. Hmm, now I think about it, "Dr. Cease" might be another option for the transliteration of Shisu: it has the same meaning (to cease -> dying) and is close enough in pronunciation. (Or for the Star Wars fans, one could also transcribe it as Sith....)

Conette Rozyck comes from the verb "koneru" ("to knead") and rozaiku ("waxwork"). I wonder whether this story will tie into a reference to The Adventure of the Empty House...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Beautiful flower

I'm so hyped for these characters!! I initially assumed Groyney was Shis's partner/assistant, but this is way better. How old is she though, first we have young doctor Iris, now her! I used to headcanon Shis was Iris's mother, this ruined it dangit

Zooming in, I see a snake bangle on Shis's hand and a butterfly belt fastener(? don't know what it's called) for Groyney. Butterfly theme and such cute hairstyle + ribbon on lapel for such a morbid person is quite funny.

I can't speculate much from images alone but I like them already! Given how they're involved with inspecting dead bodies, I wonder how Holmes would interact with them. Can't wait for tomorrow!
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

Court Illustrator

This is the most excited I've been for DGS2 new character info ahem.

I looked up what those symbols mentioned by Chips could mean and this says that the butterfly is for resurrection, while the serpent is life and health. I think the butterfly one on Groyney is very interesting...
i draw them barnlaws
art blog

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Okay, I did not expect Plague Mask to be a girl, let alone a teenager! Also, considering that we haven't had a dedicated recurring coroner in an official game (there's only been one coroner in the series that we've seen so far, and that was a one-off character), the fact that we have two is quite interesting!

I'm assuming the waxwork case is Case 4, then. Makes sense, since the one witness who we saw testify at what was probably Case 4's segment in the completion trailer (Gossip, apparently) looked like an art person. Whoops, just checked the Famitsu site, and it turns out Conette's the witch-looking person (that I thought was a World Fair performer or something)...so Case 4 was put together with Case 3 in the completion trailer.

That means...that what I thought was the slot in that trailer that was showing Case 4 was actually showing off a segment from Case 5. I guess at least the timing for Vortex saying that it will be a trial recorded in the history of the courts makes sense now.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Last edited by CourtroomShenanigans on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

元・超会社員級の管理人

I added a few details I missed last night (because I didn't realize there was a slightly larger version of the second preview page) - it looks like the waxworks case is a kidnapping rather than a murder, and the magazine's hinting that Pat O'Malley (or at least someone with the same scarf as him) will appear.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Okay, who wants to bet that the kidnapping will turn into a murder at some point?
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

CourtroomShenanigans wrote:
Okay, who wants to bet that the kidnapping will turn into a murder at some point?

Usually I would say that is definitely going to happen in an AA game but considering what game this is a sequel to...the chances are slightly lower than usual. Doesn't help that this is (probably) case 4.
Signature loading, please wait...

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:
As for my guesses to the origins of the names: Shis probably comes from the verb "shisu" ("to die"), while Groyney comes from "guroi ne" ("grotesque, isn't it?"). Fitting for coroners. Hmm, now I think about it, "Dr. Cease" might be another option for the transliteration of Shisu: it has the same meaning (to cease -> dying) and is close enough in pronunciation. (Or for the Star Wars fans, one could also transcribe it as Sith....)

Conette Rozyck comes from the verb "koneru" ("to knead") and rozaiku ("waxwork"). I wonder whether this story will tie into a reference to The Adventure of the Empty House...

I vote we call her "Dr. Sith" henceforth.

Okay, so I looked up a synopsis on The Adventure of the Empty House and am I getting this right? Was GS4-1 actually inspired by this story?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I mean, coroners in a kidnapping case? This is totally going to be murder at some point, right?

元・超会社員級の管理人

Updated the first post with full scans and details.

Wooster wrote:

Okay, calling it now, the stolen wax sculpture has a dead guy in it.

Happy Maria

The Magic girl looks strangely adorable

Ace Fangirl

CourtroomShenanigans wrote:
Okay, calling it now, the stolen wax sculpture has a dead guy in it.

To be honest, I'd be genuinely surprised if it didn't. I wonder who it's a sculpture of, though. Some famous Holmes villain, perhaps?

元・超会社員級の管理人

Official site updated with profiles. Courtney Sithe, Maria Goulloyne, and Connette Rozaic seem to be the romanizations they're going for.

Wooster wrote:
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes