Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

Ace Attorney stage shows at Tokyo Game Show 2017Topic%20Title

Capcom announced their lineup and stage shows for the 2017 Tokyo Game Show. While there are no Ace Attorney games playable or debuting at the show, there will be stage shows for the series on September 23th. Perhaps they'll discuss the Nintendo 3DS port of Apollo Justice, which is coming in November this year.

The Stage Shows, which can be streamed on Niconico, are:

14:50 to 15:35 – Ace Attorney Series Special Courtroom 2017 – Featuring Motohide Eshiro (producer) and guest Kenn (Apollo Justice voice actor).
    15:35 to 15:50 – Ace Attorney Series Studio Talk

Source: Gematsu.com

Mod edit: Per usual, we'll be restreaming/hosting a live chat on Cytube!
Re: Ace Attorney stage shows at Tokyo Game Show 2017Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

I'll be really surprised if we get a new game out of this, even if it's just an announcement/logo, but who knows?
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

What's a Court Records?

Interesting...
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

AA5 was formally announced in TGS 2012, and AA6 was announced ahead of TGS 2015. AA has always been very present at TGS, so I wouldn't be too surprised if we got a surprise announcement for AA7 now, with, at most, a teaser trailer. Realistically though, we might just get a minor tease, and an announcement around April of next year, with the game playable at TGS 2018 and releasing in early/mid 2019.

I think if we're gonna get any sort of AA game in 2018 it's gonna be a Switch port of the PW trilogy, or of Dual Destinies.

What's a Court Records?

DeMatador wrote:
AA5 was formally announced in TGS 2012, and AA6 was announced ahead of TGS 2015. AA has always been very present at TGS, so I wouldn't be too surprised if we got a surprise announcement for AA7 now, with, at most, a teaser trailer. Realistically though, we might just get a minor tease, and an announcement around April of next year, with the game playable at TGS 2018 and releasing in early/mid 2019.

I'm kinda hoping there won't be an Ace Attorney 7 for a while. I'm not against the idea of a seventh game or anything, but I just think there should be another break from the main series.
Why am I even here?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I'm gonna laugh if they reveal AJ HD and they added a fifth case a la RftA... and it so happens to answer the long-term fan question: "Do Apollo and Trucy know about themselves and Lamiroir yet??" and it comes as "Yea. They just know."

Nah, I'd say the likelihood of an AAI3 seems more likely, but I'd more appreciate an entirely different game, like a new spinoff title, or a one-off like Ghost Trick. The real question is, will they confirm whether Yamazaki is back from his break or are they going with someone else as director for future games?

With the DGS debacle, the West is lacking AA again... It's about time they come with something other than an HD port.

Really, nothing at all is better than getting AA VR. Why did anyone even consider that option, I don't know.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Art Person

Please new game, please new game, please new game!
AA TRILOGY ON SWITCH WITH THE PACHINKO GRAPHICS!?

A New Chapter of Trials!

I would never be opposed to a new game announcement, or even a port or other misc. project. I hope we get something interesting out of this.
Eureka!

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Dollarluigi wrote:
DeMatador wrote:

I'm kinda hoping there won't be an Ace Attorney 7 for a while. I'm not against the idea of a seventh game or anything, but I just think there should be another break from the main series.

Well, by my estimation, there would be 3 years between AA6 and AA7. I think that's a pretty good break. Unless you mean a 6-year break like there was between AA4 and AA5. And I just don't see why they'd do that right now, with the main series selling quite well and the spinoffs selling pretty bad. I don't think they're doing GK3, and DGS3 is definitely not happening at least for a good good while, if ever, so unless they come up with a new spin-off that manages to sell even less than the DGS games, I highly doubt they'll drop the main series in favor of spin-offs for a while.

I think the next AA games in development are definitely going to be AA7 and a Switch port of either the AA trilogy or Dual Destinies.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Nah, I'd say the likelihood of an AAI3 seems more likely, but I'd more appreciate an entirely different game, like a new spinoff title, or a one-off like Ghost Trick. The real question is, will they confirm whether Yamazaki is back from his break or are they going with someone else as director for future games?

With the DGS debacle, the West is lacking AA again... It's about time they come with something other than an HD port.

I certainly hope AAI3 is not what's coming out next, because the West is indeed lacking AA. AAI3 would just be another game we miss. Unless Capcom ported AAI1 and 2 to 3DS and we got that localized.

Happy Maria

TBH I don't really know if there'll even be an announcement this time. I think this is all the AA we're going to get for a while now.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Dollarluigi wrote:

Although I somewhat agree with this sentiment, it's either we get AA7 or we get nothing in the west, so I'd gladly take a new game.

I'm mostly expecting a switch port though.

What's a Court Records?

Thunder84 wrote:
Although I somewhat agree with this sentiment, it's either we get AA7 or we get nothing in the west, so I'd gladly take a new game.

It's unfortunate, because there's only so much they can do with the characters in the main series (which we know they won't move on from). I understand that the main series is more popular in the west, but we got like one spin-off over (not counting cross-overs)... Even if it's unlikely, I'd rather have a spin-off over here.

And I'm opposed to ports because I feel like we have too many of those right now.
Why am I even here?

Deception&&contradiction

Am I the only one hyped if it was AAI3 instead of AA7?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Dollarluigi wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

It's unfortunate, because there's only so much they can do with the characters in the main series (which we know they won't move on from). I understand that the main series is more popular in the west, but we got like one spin-off over (not counting cross-overs)... Even if it's unlikely, I'd rather have a spin-off over here.

And I'm opposed to ports because I feel like we have too many of those right now.

Trust me, I'm in the same boat. All I'm saying is that the odds of the West getting anything besides a port are very unlikely, which is why I'm fairly confident it's AA7 or bust.

Spoiler: SoJ
I guess an Apollo-Khura'in spinoff could come over here, but that's about it.

What's a Court Records?

Thunder84 wrote:

Spoiler:
If it's a game about Apollo in Khura'in I honestly don't think it'll be a spin-off.

Why am I even here?

元・超会社員級の管理人

While I agree with DeMat that AA7 is probably a 2019 game, I have trouble seeing them announcing it here. I think the only AA game that's been announced more than a year out from release was AA5, and that was the main series' big return after years away.

They're also gonna be spending a good chunk of the show on AA43DS, so it kind of undermines that for them to then announce a new game or ports to higher-def platforms.

If there's any major news, I would expect it to be a new season of the anime or something similar.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

What's a Court Records?

I'm not expecting anything major from this at all tbh.
Why am I even here?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I heard that Yamazaki and Apollo's Japanese voice actor will be present.
Dollarluigi wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

Spoiler:
If it's a game about Apollo in Khura'in I honestly don't think it'll be a spin-off.

Spoiler:
It could be a way to use Khura'in and the Divination Séance without using them in the main series, if AA7 does not want to go back to them. It could also either bring Apollo back to the Wright Anything Agency or keep him in Khura'in for the rest of the series.

What's a Court Records?

MBr wrote:
I heard that Yamazaki and Apollo's Japanese voice actor will be present.
Dollarluigi wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
It could be a way to use Khura'in and the Divination Séance without using them in the main series, if AA7 does not want to go back to them. It could also either bring Apollo back to the Wright Anything Agency or keep him in Khura'in for the rest of the series.

Spoiler:
Tbh, I saw leaving Apollo in Khura'in as an excuse to return the séances in the main series.

Why am I even here?

It's always great when they confirm AA shows at these game events even if there is no expectation of an upcoming release. I am really hoping they are going to announce an AAI3 at one of these Ace Attorney or game events but an AA7 would also be a great announcement.

um...hi your honour?

you know i'll be more dissapointed if a new game isn't anounced.
if it is a new aa game entry and not aa7....then i'm completley fine.
but aa7 is the main orgasm for me.
but the bigger one is gonna have to be an ema skye investigations.
i need that so badly before i can be satisified with an aa7.

Happy Maria

Has it started yet? Or is it already over?

There is still like 12 hours left for it to start.
Signature loading, please wait...
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes