Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

Early AA development documentsTopic%20Title

迷探偵

Takumi has returned from his extended leave after finishing DGS2, and he had to move office as his first task. He decided to show us some of the things he has stored in boxes (as he needed to clear them out a bit), including a look at some of the early development documents.

I have posted a translation of the tweets he made today on Gyakuten Saiban Library, including a translation of the documents he showed us. The early versions of the opening scenes of AA2-3, 2-4 and [2-5] were actually quite different from what we got in the end!

Also note that Takumi did not say anything about what he'll be working on now he's done with DGS2. The fact he has to move his office seems to suggest that DGS is done for now at the least...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Early AA development documentsTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Missile <3

It's interesting to see how the timing of the objection and the presenting could've influenced the judge. I wonder how that could've worked. Maybe like in DR?

I know that 3-3 was supposed to be in JfA, but it's utterly hilarious how it was apparently supposed to be the final case since Edgeworth appears. It has elements suited for a final case, but it really is the epitome of a filler case, lol.

I'm also glad they removed that old 2-4 intro, because it makes the assassination subplot much easier to see coming as well as the fact that Matt is the culprit.

迷探偵

Southern Corn wrote:
It's interesting to see how the timing of the objection and the presenting could've influenced the judge. I wonder how that could've worked. Maybe like in DR?

It didn't work out.

Quote:
I know that 3-3 was supposed to be in JfA, but it's utterly hilarious how it was apparently supposed to be the final case since Edgeworth appears. It has elements suited for a final case, but it really is the epitome of a filler case, lol.

Actually, Edgeworth was scheduled to be the prosecutor throughout the complete second game (explained here), that is why he appears in this early version of Recipe for Turnabout (which would've been the fourth episode of the game, making Farewell, My Turnabout the fifth). As Takumi tweets, these early documents were written just before the first game went on sale, and it was only after the game's release they noticed how popular Edgeworth was, so Takumi decided to rewrite everything he already had to feature a new prosecutor, so Edgeworth wouldn't have to lose all the time.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Racing through the sky like a Missile

In other words, it was because of fan popularity that we didn't get a comedic Edgeworth who barges in on Nick and scolds him like an upset mother.

I can kinda see where Maya got her "maybe he likes you" joke, but maybe that was added in later instead?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes