Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

Short Famitsu AA4 interview with Takumi (favorite episode)Topic%20Title

迷探偵

Famitsu posted their supershort interview with Takumi on the 3DS release of Ace Attorney 4 online today (it was featured in their paper magazine two weeks ago in the December 7, 2017 Issue). It's basically just thinly-veiled marketing, but they at least mention the English localization, and they ask what episode Takumi liked.

Quote:
Interviewer: What is the main attraction to Ace Attorney 4?

Takumi: The grand entrance of our new protagonist Apollo Justice under the key term "Trial Opening On A New Chapter". The main attraction has to be the story of Apollo, who holds a kind of "hotness" inside of him different from that of Phoenix. We also developed this game back then while focusing on developing further the scientific investigation techniques introduced in Rise from the Ashes, and the surprises sprung upon the player when they investigate the evidence from all kinds of directions.

Interviewer: This is the first game where Apollo Justice appears. Could you tell us about how he was created and the story behind his development?

Takumi: The starting point of Ace Attorney 4... It all started with the notion that "Phoenix Wright's story had concluded with Ace Attorney 3, so let's have a new protagonist this time." As for Apollo (Odoroki)'s name, I remember people back then objecting to the character "Doro" (mud) in his name but I convinced those people with the bright characters of "O" (king) and "Ki" (joy).

Interviewer: Any recollections you wish to share looking back at the release in 2007?

Takumi: The "Lay Judge System" was all in the news back when we were working on the game, and we were given the assignment to include the Lay Judge System as a theme in the game. That is how the Mason System was born. I worked on the story feeling that this new mechanic held a lot of new potential in terms of presentation in mystery games at the time.

Interviewer: What would you recommend about the English localization Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney that is also included in the game? Also, do you yourself play and check the English text?

Takumi: The translation from the Japanese to the English text is done by a staff member who really loves this series. And thanks to her, the English localization has always been very well received abroad. It's fun comparing scenes with the English text to see how they worded it. By the way, my specialty is Japanese, so I leave the English text all up to others.

Interviewer: Do you have an episode in Ace Attorney you particularly like?

Takumi: I have fond memories of the second episode, Turnabout Corner. I had actually come up with the idea long before the first Ace Attorney, around 1995, for a different game project, but it got cancelled completely. So I brought it back to life by rearranging it for Ace Attorney 4. So in a way, it's a very memorable episode to me.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Short Famitsu AA4 interview with Takumi (favorite episodTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Yeah, I agree. 4-2 is criminally underrated. It's a genuinely good filler case with a lovely mystery and general atmosphere.
Re: Short Famitsu AA4 interview with Takumi (favorite episodTopic%20Title

The imagination justifies the pimp

Southern Corn wrote:
Yeah, I agree. 4-2 is criminally underrated. It's a genuinely good filler case with a lovely mystery and general atmosphere.

I second this. It's a breath of fresh air that kept me into the game when I wasn't pleased with what came before.
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes