Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Eshiro: "[Takumi and I] are preparing for the future of AA"Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Famitsu caught up to Eshiro and Takumi at a Chinese restaurant running a cross-promotion with the 3DS release of Ace Attorney 4. The pair gave a short interview, mostly about the restaurant and AA43DS, but with a few words about the future:

Famitsu wrote:
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 was released in August 2017. Is there anything you can share about a new entry in the series or other developments for Ace Attorney?

Eshiro: There's nothing I can say specifically at the moment [laughs]. But [Takumi and I] are thinking hard about what comes next and we're getting things prepared for that right now. Please look forward to _all_ the AA series has to offer!

While this is a fairly standard non-answer, it does suggest that Takumi will be continuing to work with Eshiro on the series going forward. Eshiro also seems to be hinting there'll be plenty going on in the franchise, not just "a new game".

Unfortunately I don't have the time to translate the article in full, but here's a fun story from Takumi:

Takumi wrote:
Development on Ace Attorney 4 started right around the time we finished Rise from the Ashes. The whole team felt like we'd given it everything we had, and we were all sort of walking around in a daze... and that's exactly when the higher-ups publicly announced "we're making Ace Attorney 4! And we were like 'wait, we are!?'"

[The 2018 Court-Records Original Character Contest is open for entries!]
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Eshiro: "[Takumi and I] are preparing for the future of Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

That last part is hilarious. It's kinda sad that they had so little time to really finish AJ, but also kind of amazing that it turned out to be so great.
Re: Eshiro: "[Takumi and I] are preparing for the future ofTopic%20Title

Art Person

Southern Corn wrote:
That last part is hilarious. It's kinda sad that they had so little time to really finish AJ, but also kind of amazing that it turned out to be so great.

I wonder if the same thing is happening right now when we got that confirmation not that long ago a new AA was on its way.

Happy Maria

You mean AA7 by Takumi? That would…certainly be something, though it would be a little confusing to settle into.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Southern Corn wrote:
You mean AA7 by Takumi? That would…certainly be something, though it would be a little confusing to settle into.

While the wording reads (to me at least) like Takumi is still involved in the games, it's possible he's just working on side stuff (like a new season of the anime or something else) while someone else heads up the next new game. In some ways I kind of hope that's the case, as DGS1+2 felt like a good cap to a lot of Takumi's goals with the series, and I'd love to see another Ghost Trick-style new IP out of him.

But if he is working on AA7, that's kind of interesting in its own way to see how he would address all the changes in the series since AA4.

In any event, I still suspect we'll get a more solid tease about the next game at the concert in April... and if not there, then definitely at TGS in September. But I'll be very surprised if we see a new AA before 2019.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

What did he do this time...?

Bolt Storm wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

While the wording reads (to me at least) like Takumi is still involved in the games, it's possible he's just working on side stuff (like a new season of the anime or something else) while someone else heads up the next new game. In some ways I kind of hope that's the case, as DGS1+2 felt like a good cap to a lot of Takumi's goals with the series, and I'd love to see another Ghost Trick-style new IP out of him.

But if he is working on AA7, that's kind of interesting in its own way to see how he would address all the changes in the series since AA4.

In any event, I still suspect we'll get a more solid tease about the next game at the concert in April... and if not there, then definitely at TGS in September. But I'll be very surprised if we see a new AA before 2019.

Yeah, I'd doubt Takumi is working on AA7. I'm be willing to wager that the Yamazaki team is working on that game right now. As far as I know, DGS 1&2 didn't do that great so it's possible Takumi isn't developing an AA game. As Bolt Storm said, I'd hope he's working on a new IP or another Ghost Trick game (doesn't need to be a sequel). Perhaps a spiritual (get it?) successor to Ghost Trick... and hopefully it'd get localized to the Switch's eShop.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Happy Maria

Eh, Ghost Trick itself has a pretty solid universe already, so there's no need to really expand it imo. Though something along the lines of a GT-esque game sounds pretty promising as well.
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes