Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

Report on Takumi's presentation on creating AA mystery plotsTopic%20Title

迷探偵

Takumi held a presentation on how he creates the mystery plots for Ace Attorney and DGS at Game Creators Conference’18 on March 30th. Today, Famitsu posted their report on it. A full English translation of the lengthy report is available at Gyakuten Saiban Library. Interesting stuff for those who want to know how Takumi comes up with these things, and how he plays with information flow and other things to keep the player engaged with the game.

The report includes the short Q&A at the end of the translation.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Report on Takumi's presentation on creating AA mystery pTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Good article. Nice to know how he plots this stuff.

To this day though I still can't believe they resolved the story like that in T&T in real time like that. It felt so well done at the time.
Re: Report on Takumi's presentation on creating AA mystery pTopic%20Title

A New Chapter of Trials!

Informative as always Ash! Takumi has quite the process to make these things, which really hilights why I like Ace Attorney so much. I suppose some things, like avoiding references that date the series, got somewhat lost in translation (not that I’m complaining). Takumi’s successors seem more willing to go for those “ugly” cases too, since we had a civil trial in SoJ and all kinds of more darkly themed murders in various games after AJ.
Eureka!
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes