Last visit was:
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Jenny (MAJOR SPOILER, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED)!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:33 pm 
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness

Custom Title: It's a dangerous decision...
Hi all,
I was wondering about something I read at the Hotel Dusk Forum over at GameFaq...
a user by the name of 'pakathecat' brought up a very questionable set of possibilties that I had never even thought of -
Spoiler: End Spoiler
Dunning going into "insanity" when he sees Jenny at the end coming through the doors, only in the good ending.

Rosa never made a remark about the newcomer and doesn't even appear to notice her come in which she should. Also, the Angel Opening the Door Painting -
Spoiler: SPOILER
Think about it! Jenny's the angel...opening the door for Dunning.

The painting must have SOME relevance and connection to the whole story.

Check this out: It's a youtube video of the best ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-O60D8E ... re=related

Pakathecat:

"I had thought about this (and mentioned it here I think, long time back) before, and playing through and watching the "Jenny" ending again, have become a little more convinced of it, and wondered if anyone else thought the same. Anyone else get the impression the special Jenny ending was perhaps intended to actually represent Dunning dying; some near-death experience or illusion on his part?

Jenny is the "Angel Opening a Door"... in the scene, you can see the door in the background, but you never see it open, only hear it, and Rosa never gives any sign of hearing anything or turning to see someone who was walking in. Before you even hear the opening, it almost gives the impression, with the way Rosa questions him (... "Mr. Smith?" and the way he acts, that something maybe happened to him. But more than anything-- and this is why I look at the ending this way, seeing as it can really be interpreted however you want-- it makes no sense at all for Jenny to have been kept alive that long, especially after they stopped trying to get anything out of Dunning and using her as leverage. Bradley's Mila's fate is far more likely. Evans indicates she is alive, but he has no real power, or even proof of her continuing to live to persuade Dunning, and probably just said whatever he had to in order to save his own hide. Plus, a quote from Dunning that you can maybe read into-

"I made a promise to m'self, ya understand? I was gonna wait here for m'Jenny, and if I died waitin', so much the better." "

-Pakathecat

Any comments or questions? I would love to sort all of this out, as I'm confused myself.

Post subject: Re: Jenny (MAJOR SPOILER, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED)!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:30 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Location: In court, sneaking up on you when you least expect it.
Custom Title: Akon tickets, front row, middle section.
I do remember that Rosa saw the old picture of Jenny when she was cleaning Dunning's room a couple times. Her and her feelings - it's right. I think that Rosa knew it was Jenny, and didn't want to spoil it for Dunning. As far as no reason to keep the girl alive, maybe somehow she found a way to escape? She could have been on the run for a long time, looking for her father and Mila, her "new" best friend. She could have very well realized she got lucky when she saw Hotel Dusk was open and her father was there.

And Rosa not acting the way she usually does - well when they were talking, I got this very calm and collected, and 'okay we're done here' vibe. I didn't really get that when I played through the story. They just weren't expecting anything, and the both of them were surprised.

Lana_Skyes_Heart wrote:
"I made a promise to m'self, ya understand? I was gonna wait here for m'Jenny, and if I died waitin', so much the better."
-Pakathecat

This... ^^ I think it just means that things would be weird and ackward if she came back, but he loved her so much that he would always be waiting until that day and wishing she would. I don't think that Dunning is dead... if he was, that scene wouldn't exist. Remember what they did for Bradley? Kyle thought he could find Bradley, but Bradley wrote Kyle a note telling him to give up. Remember how many people went missing? Lets see... Robert Evans, Alan Parker, Grace, Jenny, Bradley, Rosa's husband... they find some way to kill off these kinds characters. There are also two types of angels - the ones that everyone thinks are sent from a higher power, and to some the ones who live in the clouds way up in the sky, and then there's the type of angel who's a warm, genuine person that everyone loves. I think Jenny would fit the second.

Oh, and kinda offtopic, but Bradley's Mila was killed by Nile, right? I can't remember. :sadshoe:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:28 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: Scientifically Magical Detective O_o
Yeah.

Mila Evans' dad (Robert Evans, who was affiliated w/Nile) killed Mila Bradley, and then he was offed by Bradley.

... I'm going to play through the game again and see if I can make that connection... I'm really not feeling it. I think its highly possible that Jenny is indeed that angel, giving her father's strong love for her. However, my mind is getting fuzzy since its been so long since I played the game. Some of what you say sounds right and some of it is a little "eh". That painting was definitely symbolic, but I don't know if it was specifically symbolic of Jenny and Dunning or the entire game in general.

Lots of "doors" were "opened" by the end of this game. I would think that Mila Evans, symbolically, was more like the angel then Jenny. Mila played a vital role regarding events that occurred to everyone (except for Rosa, Louie, Summers, and... omfg i'm so blanking on the older woman's name X_X).

Because the painting was so important to other people besides Dunning, and Jenny was only important to Dunning, I don't think that Jenny was meant to be the "angel" opening doors in this game.

Its hard to explain but... I was thinking the "door" symbolized the secrets behind the locked doors of the hotel.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:03 am 
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness

Custom Title: The few, the proud, the female trumpets!
Uh... okay? I don't see the connection, but then again, I wouldn't recognize symbolism if it walked up, rang the doorbell, started dancing the can-can, and then whacked me over the head with a sign that said SYMBOLISM in huge, blinking, flashing, neon-red letters. Needless to say, Lord of the Flies was impossible to understand.

Anyways... Wasn't Angel painted before the kidnapping or did I read that section wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:35 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Sorry for the bump, but...

I never thought of the bonus ending that way. And now that you mention it, it kind of does make sense. In a creepy way. D:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:24 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Shoulda been Brawldude, but was taken
Arei wrote:
Mila Evans' dad (Robert Evans, who was affiliated w/Nile) killed Mila Bradley, and then he was offed by Bradley.

I thought that Mila Bradley and Mila Evans were one and the same, and then when Bradley referred to "Evans killing my younger sister" he meant that he destroyed her life. Then somehow Bradley got his last name changed to Bradley.

Though this is really just Point of View.

My sig -is- original. Lots of people just make sigs similar to this one a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:13 am 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: ....E.S.P is no aid in detecting sarcasm
hey.i never got that ending. wanted to know what happens though. that is soooo awesome. ive got two endings- the one where kyle just leaves and the one where he takes mila with him,but nothing else happens. :maya: :godot: :redd: im gna try and get that ending now. :godot:

hubby is the awesome jaydrick0620!
my darling children are Miyako Chinatsu and slezac and apollajustice
sons in law , yaragorm and eliasbloodmoon
love you guys!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:08 am 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: lame alert
yeah i only got the lame ending!!! i didnt even get to take mila with me so i replayed it. nevergot the best ending though. no fair. :godot:
i thought it was realy clever to have three endings rather than one- makes you keep playing until you get all the endings or at least the good ending. if no one told me the ending i would probably have played it again! :pearl:

sig nd avvi thanx 2 my boredom:)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:53 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Is it even possible to get an ending where Kyle leaves alone?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:11 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: ....E.S.P is no aid in detecting sarcasm
yeah. i did [justify]the first time i playded it. its the wost ending. :edgeworth:

hubby is the awesome jaydrick0620!
my darling children are Miyako Chinatsu and slezac and apollajustice
sons in law , yaragorm and eliasbloodmoon
love you guys!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:35 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: Scientifically Magical Detective O_o
I still haven't replayed it *fail* But I need to try to get the ending where Kyle leaves alone too.

Brawldud wrote:
Arei wrote:

I thought that Mila Bradley and Mila Evans were one and the same, and then when Bradley referred to "Evans killing my younger sister" he meant that he destroyed her life. Then somehow Bradley got his last name changed to Bradley.

Though this is really just Point of View.

They are not the same, because when Kyle was reading Bradley's letter to him, when Bradley mention's Mila's death Kyle is like "Oh no, Mila!"

Which I think is weird that since he knew (or atleast knew ABOUT) Bradley's sister, he would have been a bit more shocked when he found out the girl's name was Mila. Obviously the bracelet surprised him but if the Milas were one in the same, obviously Kyle would have recognized her.

Also the most obvious thing was Mila Evans was in a coma for 10 years (in California) and just woke up, while Mila Bradley was killed 3 years previous (in NYC).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:14 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Shoulda been Brawldude, but was taken
Oh, I see. I hadn't played the game in a while and only recently realized this. Kyle doesn't hear about Mila until near the end of the game.

My sig -is- original. Lots of people just make sigs similar to this one a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:05 am 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

Custom Title: cough-up-queen
that make sense....... :grey:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:31 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

So is this now a thread about the game's symbolism? If that's the case, I have a theory.

(HUGE spoilers ahead)

Remember that Dunning said that it was a middle-aged man and a young girl who checked in at the hotel "that" time? I realized that it could have been a metaphor for himself and Jenny (and, to a lesser extent: the other guests). I'm bad at explaining things, but let me give it a try. The hotel's name is "Dusk", right? And in the story when the two arrived, they looked as if they had no future - however, at morning they looked happy and they said that the room had granted their wishes. During his own stay, Kyle helped a lot of people to get back on track and the next morning, they were like new people. In other words, the Dusk is supposed to symbolise the night, which is supposed to symbolise the characters' own trials and tribulations and that no matter how bad things get, things will get better at dawn. Which brings us to...

The Angel isn't Mila or Jenny. It's Kyle himself. This one is much more simple to explain.

So, Kyle got the key to room 215. Dunning says it grants wishes. Kyle granted lots of wishes during his stay, including his own. And the painting's name is "Angel Opening a Door". If you still don't get it, here's a hint: what are keys used for?

I'm not good at analysing things and my English sucks. But yeah, what are your thoughts on this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: [Words]
O...k...?
IMO, Kyle is far from an angel. Especially the angel in that painting.
I watched that scene with Jenny again, keeping in mind the opinion of that G-Faqs user, and I think he was overanalyzing it. It was probably just Jenny. Rosa didn't say anything because that scvene when Jenny walked in was only a few seconds anyways...
Is it possible that Bradley took Jenny? I mean think about it, in the end he wrote that Nile wanted him dead, so what did he have to lose by stealing Jenny back anyways? We don't know when Bradley killed Evans, but if it just happened shortly before Hotel Dusk, he could've taken Jenny, cleaned her up a bit, and brought her back to Dunning. He seemed sympathetic to Dunning when he visited him 6 months ago, since he probably knew all of the trouble Dunning's been through, and more importantly I can't imagine that a Nile member would bring her back to Dunning, so that's my theory.