Last visit was:
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:47 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

If you wanted to see what the game looks like... in-game, I just found two new videos.

>> http://portables.p-nintendo.com/news/N-1064076199.html

The graphic style is pretty good, but I couldn't say so for the music (it's obviously not Satoshi Okubo's work... is it? :s), and for the sounds (which are pretty annoying in my opinion...).

Last edited by L~A on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:05 pm 
Admin
Admin

Custom Title: 元・超会社員級の管理人
It's out in Japan now, though I haven't heard any reviews.

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:35 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
When exactly was it released?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:12 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: AKA Dr. Bokchoy
It was released on December 10th. Still aren't any reviews, or even a Wikipedia article, though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:08 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Good news!
We finally have a release date for the game, at least in the US!
American DS will get the game on the 30th or March! As for Europe, we still don't know... Personally, I DO hope Play-Asia will get the game soon enough, so I can pre-order it :p

And one more thing... we have a new trailer, in English this time. But don't forget... beware your past :jake:
(And this time, it's an official trailer... not like with HD's one, a few days ago :p)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:43 pm 
Admin
Admin

Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
*Sets aside large wads of cash for CiNG*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:38 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Hrmm, maybe I will import it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:17 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Wooster wrote:
*Sets aside large wads of cash for CiNG*

Ah ah, exact same thing here.
I really hope Play-Asia will get it eventually, because even though Amazon.com does ship it to France, it would cost almost twice the original price to do so =__=

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:36 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Sorry, for the double-post but... Again is finally available for pre-order on Play-Asia!
For all people not living in the US, or Europeans not wishing to wait for months before the European release (it hasn't even been formerly announced yet...), you'll find the game here!

Here Cing, some more cash for ya guys.

And looking at the pictures on PA, it really makes me think of a 'live-action' version of Hotel Dusk, well, sort of...
I really can't wait for that game. Hopefully, I'll be done with AAI by the time the game is released :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:54 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Thanks for suggesting Play-Asia, L~A, I'll try it out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:04 am 
Suspect
Suspect

L~A wrote:
Sorry, for the double-post but... Again is finally available for pre-order on Play-Asia!
For all people not living in the US, or Europeans not wishing to wait for months before the European release (it hasn't even been formerly announced yet...), you'll find the game here!

Here Cing, some more cash for ya guys.

And looking at the pictures on PA, it really makes me think of a 'live-action' version of Hotel Dusk, well, sort of...
I really can't wait for that game. Hopefully, I'll be done with AAI by the time the game is released :)

I used to like Play-Asia but now they want me to comfirmed about the Creditcard thingy. And I don't have a printer. :larry:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:32 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

To confirm what? I've never had any trouble ordering from Play-Asia with my credit card, and I've never been asked to print anything...
Still, Play-Asia do support the 'Verified by Visa' thingy (dunno what it's called for Mastercards), but 1) it's not mandatory, 2) you don't need to print anything, really...

Quote:
Thanks for suggesting Play-Asia, L~A, I'll try it out.

I've already bought quite a lot of games/CD/DVD from them, and it's really been great :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:56 pm 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

Custom Title: Sushi will kill you!
Only five days to go! :edgy:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:25 pm 
Admin
Admin

Bit late, but I finally put my preorder in on Amazon. (And for Ghost Trick)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:47 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

Custom Title: 1000% Knight
I actually wasn't sure about getting this, considering how there hasn't been much news about it... But I gotta show my love and support for CiNG!! I'm actually kinda glad I forgot about it, as now I don't have to go through such a huge length of time waiting for it to come out :phoenix:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:17 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Wooster wrote:

Ah ah, well, it was very close, as in a few hours, you wouldn't have been able to do so.
I'm so glad the game is released tomorrow in the US... I'm counting on you to tell us your first impressions on the game, without spoiling us of course :)
Personally, I really hope to receive my copy from Play-Asia as quickly as I did for AAI (that is, 7 days from the day it was shipped). I tried looking on Amazon.com to pre-order it (before it was available on PA), and it looks like they finally take orders from oversea... but the shipping fees are simply abusive... it would have cost me about twice the price of the game! :beef:

As for Ghost Trick, does Amazon.com have a release date? Strangely enough, PA says 'September 2010'... it's been there for quite a while, though, so I'm not sure what to think about this, especially since PA is usually pretty up-to-date, as far as release dates are concerned.
Unfortunately, they don't take pre-orders yet... I do hope we won't have to wait too long for it.

Quote:
I actually wasn't sure about getting this, considering how there hasn't been much news about it... But I gotta show my love and support for CiNG!! I'm actually kinda glad I forgot about it, as now I don't have to go through such a huge length of time waiting for it to come out :phoenix:

And that's why it's pretty like it will make a flop... I mean, I've never hoped to be wrong about something sooo badly (especially since Cing's bankrupt), but...

I guess it's ok, Again is released tomorrow, it's not the right time to be depressed :edgy:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:39 am 
Admin
Admin

L~A wrote:
Wooster wrote:

Ah ah, well, it was very close, as in a few hours, you wouldn't have been able to do so.
I'm so glad the game is released tomorrow in the US... I'm counting on you to tell us your first impressions on the game, without spoiling us of course :)
Personally, I really hope to receive my copy from Play-Asia as quickly as I did for AAI (that is, 7 days from the day it was shipped). I tried looking on Amazon.com to pre-order it (before it was available on PA), and it looks like they finally take orders from oversea... but the shipping fees are simply abusive... it would have cost me about twice the price of the game! :beef:

As for Ghost Trick, does Amazon.com have a release date? Strangely enough, PA says 'September 2010'... it's been there for quite a while, though, so I'm not sure what to think about this, especially since PA is usually pretty up-to-date, as far as release dates are concerned.
Unfortunately, they don't take pre-orders yet... I do hope we won't have to wait too long for it.

Quote:

And that's why it's pretty like it will make a flop... I mean, I've never hoped to be wrong about something sooo badly (especially since Cing's bankrupt), but...

I guess it's ok, Again is released tomorrow, it's not the right time to be depressed :edgy:

Haha, I may be a CiNG fan, but I'm also a compulsive cheapskate. So I got the least expensive shipping. I'm not due to get my copy of Again until April 5th. But knowing CiNG, I'll have plenty to gloat about. =)

Mmm, according to Amazon, Ghost Trick's due out September 28th. I'm not saying that release date is the most credible thing out there, but if I'm planning on buying it anyways; might as well pre-order it, even this early.

Yeah, Again is setup for disappointing sales without any review time. Hopefully we can 'turnabout' that forecast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:09 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

6 days to receive the game with Amazon? Waouh, that's a lot... in France, you usually get it 3 days after you've placed the order (sometimes more because of week-ends of course), and that's the cheapest shipping method. Unless you have a 'super-very economical shipping method' in the US?
And I'm quite like you actually, always taking the cheapest shipping. Mind you, with PA, I don't have much choice, since the other shipping methods are soooo expensive... and you get to pay for customs fees too. And I don't want to repeat the "fiasco" of the Japanese GS Artbook... (I had to pay 21€ of custom fees: 3€ of VTA, and... 18€ of 'set-up fees'. Come on, seriously =_=)

Quote:
Yeah, Again is setup for disappointing sales without any review time. Hopefully we can 'turnabout' that forecast.

I'm trying to see if I'm not going to buy a second copy, for a friend... Think, I can convince another one to buy it, though I doubt it would change anything. But I really want to help Cing...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:01 pm 
Admin
Admin

Close, but our cornily named freebie shipping is called "Super Saver Shipping". I get to totally forgo the shipping cost in exchange for a later release date, a general minimum of an additional 5 days waiting. Could've gotten it in the 2-3 day shipping, but for an additional $4 or so. Granted, the fee is somewhat trivial, but it's not like I've got a deadline to play the game. (That's not however saying that I won't be chewing on my fingers in anticipation the whole time though).

I'll be trying to get my friends on LJ to try the game out, but I think I'd be doing a better job there if I actually got to play the game first.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

Just pre-ordered it. Super Saving Shipping ftw!

We will have an April 5th Again party :3

(Although I've found that I actually get stuff from Amazon a lot quicker; I've had stuff come in two days with super saving shipping xD)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:57 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Wooster wrote:
Could've gotten it in the 2-3 day shipping, but for an additional $4 or so.

What the...? The 2-3 day shipping is free on Amazon.fr! Maybe it's because the US are a much more larger country (or a union of states to be more precise), si maybe that's why it's more expensive?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:06 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

So, how is the game?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:58 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Man, I forgot it was to be released today =_=
I was so focused on tomorrow's exam, I forgot Again was released today in the US... (though yesterday I was all 'OMFGWTZZORGL, Again is released tomorrow!') Play-Asia doesn't seem to have it right now, though I think they should by tomorrow... hope I'll wake up, and see a nice little email telling me the game has just been shipped, and should arrive in my nice little letter box next week, so that hopefully, I'll have time to play it during the holidays, or at least, to finish it before the final exams, in Early May.

Oh, I can't wait to play this game... even though I was quite skeptical when I first saw it, I... well, I'm sure I'll enjoy it :)
And oh, ALL HAIL CING! :will:

Edit: waouh... 'Usually ships in 2 to 4 weeks' on Amazon.com... looks like they don't have many copies in stock... Only #637 in Video-games, and #24 in Video Games > Nintendo DS > Adventure.
Come on everyone, show Cing some love, will ya? :hotti:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:12 pm 
Admin
Admin

I trust you'll be willing to give us those first impressions; I can't wait to see what CiNG has done.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:16 am 
Admin
Admin

Just learned a couple of interesting things today.

First, there's a USA Again website. I'll be ripping it when I get to school tomorrow; technically I should be prepping for my Java test tomorrow.
http://www.againmystery.com/againmystery/index.html

Second, there's a series of Again eBooks.
http://www.myebook.com/index.php?option=ebook&id=29612

Strangely, it's web based, so you can't download and put it in your Kindle or eReader of choice. And it's flash on top of it. May decide to rip that too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:30 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Spoiler:
Argh... I dunno who designed that website, but seriously, they must be complete n00bs... I mean, I can't even read the text in the characters description!
Dunno why it took so long to load :yogi:
But the site looks kinda cool. I'm really intrigued by those 'ebooks'... aren't they some sort of script of the game?
Or a brand new 'novel' based on the game? I didn't hear about such a thing about the Japanese website... is it an US-only things, or what? Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your rip!

By the way, I'm quite worried that Play-Asia still doesn't have the game in stock yet... especially since Amazon.com itself doesn't seem to have that many copies...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:22 am 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

Thanks for the links Wooster. Website is sort of interesting, was that a new trailer? The ebook seems like it was just part of the game script, complete with music cues and branching dialogue trees.

L~A, you have to wait a bit for the background of the text to appear on the character page for some reason. Becomes readable then.

I'm still holding out on this game because I'm not too sure on the spot-the-differences gameplay and new art style. I'll look forward to people's impressions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:04 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

No, the trailer on the website isn't a new one, but the video is. And I think you're right about the ebook. I thought it would've been quite surprising if they had written an ebook especially for the US release... and what's more, made it free...
And yeah, I know about the background, it just never appeared the first time I visited the website... so weird.
And Play-Asia finally has the game in stock! But it's shipped in 5-15 days, which means they don't have many copies in stock either... oh, no I'm sure I'll never get it before the end of the holidays.... :larry:

Edit:
Quote:
Play-Asia.com had the annual stock count today - all in-stock orders from today will be shipped tomorrow (April 1)!

Ah! Maybe that's why my order wasn't shipped yesterday...?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:16 am 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
The game should arrive in my mailbox sometime next week :3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:01 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Yeah, same for me. The game was shipped yesterday, what a nice thing to see when coming back home than reading that email :)
I really hope I receive it before the end of next week, so I can have enough time to savour it like Hell during the "holidays"...
Have your copy shipped yet, Wooster?

And oh, I know I've already said that in Trial Minutes, but I really love the new banner. And I dunno why, but the actors have kinda grew on me, especially the two main protagonists.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:14 am 
Admin
Admin

L~A wrote:
Yeah, same for me. The game was shipped yesterday, what a nice thing to see when coming back home than reading that email :)
I really hope I receive it before the end of next week, so I can have enough time to savour it like Hell during the "holidays"...
Have your copy shipped yet, Wooster?

And oh, I know I've already said that in Trial Minutes, but I really love the new banner. And I dunno why, but the actors have kinda grew on me, especially the two main protagonists.

Mine just says Shipping by April 5th. So yeah, that's not even the delivery date.

Haha, and that's the power of marketing. See something often and long enough and you're attached.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:51 am 
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey

well, I've found some less-than-stellar impressions:
Spoiler: "wall o' text"
Faye-Faye_basic wrote:
The music has been good, but forgettable. Same with the translation, nothing particularly bad, but nothing that stands out like Hotel Dusk.

The gameplay is pretty much just spot the differences between pages and pages of text, but the biggest problem I have is that sometimes there are differences that don't count and cause you to lose health anyway. After awhile, you have to be particular about which difference you pick so you're not penalized. At least the game doesn't punish you too much for a game over. You just restart your last checkpoint with a full health bar.

The story is intriguing but it's a bit predictable right now. I have no clue on how it's going to end though, and the game uses the predictability to deepen the mystery, which is keeping me playing.

It might sound like I'm not enjoying it, but I truly am. The story is unique and I can't wait to see the outcome. So far, it just doesn't hold up to Cing's previous games IMO.

correctamundo wrote:
I played more tonight... Um.............. Yeah, about that ......

Folks, you may want to reconsider your pre-orders/future purchases. Please read on and hear me out.

If you are going into this expecting a worthy follow-up to Hotel Dusk (I'm assuming 99 percent of you are), well, it is time to alter those expectations. Dramatically.

Faye_Faye was totally right in saying that there is very little gameplay here. Let me put it to you this way: the initial gameplay/investigation sequence when the game first started lasted under 5 minutes. Over an hour later (according to the gameplay clock), and I still had not engaged into another gameplay sequence. Seriously. Whereas in Hotel Dusk, you manually navigate the hotel and initiate people at your leisure, this game ushers you along from sequence to sequence. Yes, there is a "move" button, but you simply choose the location you wish to go and immediate enter another dialogue sequence.

This game is billed as an "interactive crime novel." I take issue with the interactive part of that statement, when 95 percent of what you are doing is simply tapping the bottom right corner of the touch screen to go to the next line. Let's think back to Hotel Dusk. Yes, some of the conversations were long-winded, but you were constantly solving all kinds of neat puzzles, exploring your 3d environment, and overall finding yourself ACTIVELY involved with the story unfolding.

Here, you are pretty much just clicking the screen for very long stretches of time between so-far SHORT investigation scenes. I hope and pray that this is only a beginning-of-the-game kind of deal, but the more I play, the less I like.

Part of the problem is, the story is really, truly, not at all interesting to me. Yes, I need to give it more time, but don't you think that by two hours in there should be some kind of hook making me want to find out what happens next? I'm only moving forward in expectation that the game will get better!

I mean, wow. "J" is dull and bland. So is your partner, Kate Hathaway. No unique personality quirks... Actually, no real personality whatsoever. That goes for the entire cast that I've met so far. What the hell happened, Cing??

SO many lines of dialogue are needlessly short. Example (paraphrased):

J: "Boss."

Boss: "Yeah."

J: "I've got an idea."

Boss: "What?"

J: "Let us re-open the case."

Boss: "Why?"

Keep in mind you are manually having to click through EACH ONE OF THOSE LINES to get to the next page. Seriously! I think part of the issue here is the localization. Or, rather, I think this is closer to straight up translation. There is no flair or life to anything being said. I imagine every word coming out of these character's mouths to be dull, monotone ramblings. In other words, the most crucial element to a game that is 95 percent dialogue so far has failed miserably. At least according to my standards, and the standards that I feel were set by games like the original Phoenix Wright and Hotel Dusk.

Remember how I said the graphics weren't all that bad? Well, I keep seeing the same cheesy-as-hell facial expressions repeatedly... Like, every minute. And every once in a while they'll throw in some poorly acted FMV that in some way reminds me of the live action in the original Resident Evil game.

I hope I didn't crush anyone's dreams. I wanted to love this game probably more than anyone here. Hotel Dusk is easily one of my favorite DS games ever, and my expectations were set pretty high.

I will try to keep trudging through, but if it doesn't pick up within the next 2 hours of gameplay, I won't subject myself to any more torture.

I am posting this information so that fans of Hotel Dusk may be cautioned about what to expect before they throw down the 30 dollars for this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=54146979

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:21 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Yeah, that's not surprising the translation isn't too good, it looks like Tecmo did it themselves, and frankly, I don't trust anyone but Nintendo to do great translations of Cings games. But that's the problem of translation... A great translation takes a freaking lot of time, and an even more aweful freaking lot of money. But I'm not that worried. I knew the translation wouldn't be as good as other Cing's games :)
As for the game itself, I never expected it to be like HD personally, I mean, the art style chosen made it pretty clear from the very beginning.

I'm really looking forward to read the credits in the booklet... I want to know who made what (especially the music).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:47 pm 
Suspect
Suspect

ashogo wrote:
well, I've found some less-than-stellar impressions:
Spoiler: "wall o' text"
Faye-Faye_basic wrote:
The music has been good, but forgettable. Same with the translation, nothing particularly bad, but nothing that stands out like Hotel Dusk.

The gameplay is pretty much just spot the differences between pages and pages of text, but the biggest problem I have is that sometimes there are differences that don't count and cause you to lose health anyway. After awhile, you have to be particular about which difference you pick so you're not penalized. At least the game doesn't punish you too much for a game over. You just restart your last checkpoint with a full health bar.

The story is intriguing but it's a bit predictable right now. I have no clue on how it's going to end though, and the game uses the predictability to deepen the mystery, which is keeping me playing.

It might sound like I'm not enjoying it, but I truly am. The story is unique and I can't wait to see the outcome. So far, it just doesn't hold up to Cing's previous games IMO.

correctamundo wrote:
I played more tonight... Um.............. Yeah, about that ......

Folks, you may want to reconsider your pre-orders/future purchases. Please read on and hear me out.

If you are going into this expecting a worthy follow-up to Hotel Dusk (I'm assuming 99 percent of you are), well, it is time to alter those expectations. Dramatically.

Faye_Faye was totally right in saying that there is very little gameplay here. Let me put it to you this way: the initial gameplay/investigation sequence when the game first started lasted under 5 minutes. Over an hour later (according to the gameplay clock), and I still had not engaged into another gameplay sequence. Seriously. Whereas in Hotel Dusk, you manually navigate the hotel and initiate people at your leisure, this game ushers you along from sequence to sequence. Yes, there is a "move" button, but you simply choose the location you wish to go and immediate enter another dialogue sequence.

This game is billed as an "interactive crime novel." I take issue with the interactive part of that statement, when 95 percent of what you are doing is simply tapping the bottom right corner of the touch screen to go to the next line. Let's think back to Hotel Dusk. Yes, some of the conversations were long-winded, but you were constantly solving all kinds of neat puzzles, exploring your 3d environment, and overall finding yourself ACTIVELY involved with the story unfolding.

Here, you are pretty much just clicking the screen for very long stretches of time between so-far SHORT investigation scenes. I hope and pray that this is only a beginning-of-the-game kind of deal, but the more I play, the less I like.

Part of the problem is, the story is really, truly, not at all interesting to me. Yes, I need to give it more time, but don't you think that by two hours in there should be some kind of hook making me want to find out what happens next? I'm only moving forward in expectation that the game will get better!

I mean, wow. "J" is dull and bland. So is your partner, Kate Hathaway. No unique personality quirks... Actually, no real personality whatsoever. That goes for the entire cast that I've met so far. What the hell happened, Cing??

SO many lines of dialogue are needlessly short. Example (paraphrased):

J: "Boss."

Boss: "Yeah."

J: "I've got an idea."

Boss: "What?"

J: "Let us re-open the case."

Boss: "Why?"

Keep in mind you are manually having to click through EACH ONE OF THOSE LINES to get to the next page. Seriously! I think part of the issue here is the localization. Or, rather, I think this is closer to straight up translation. There is no flair or life to anything being said. I imagine every word coming out of these character's mouths to be dull, monotone ramblings. In other words, the most crucial element to a game that is 95 percent dialogue so far has failed miserably. At least according to my standards, and the standards that I feel were set by games like the original Phoenix Wright and Hotel Dusk.

Remember how I said the graphics weren't all that bad? Well, I keep seeing the same cheesy-as-hell facial expressions repeatedly... Like, every minute. And every once in a while they'll throw in some poorly acted FMV that in some way reminds me of the live action in the original Resident Evil game.

I hope I didn't crush anyone's dreams. I wanted to love this game probably more than anyone here. Hotel Dusk is easily one of my favorite DS games ever, and my expectations were set pretty high.

I will try to keep trudging through, but if it doesn't pick up within the next 2 hours of gameplay, I won't subject myself to any more torture.

I am posting this information so that fans of Hotel Dusk may be cautioned about what to expect before they throw down the 30 dollars for this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=54146979

Graaaaaaah!? :beef:

I'd thought I finally found another good Novel Based Game.. But I guess I was wrong.. :larry:

There's like, totally less Novel Base games for the DS. ( Yes, I like Novel Based type of games) I thought this game was gonna be awesome since it was semi made by Cing...And there's Tecimo.

Oh well, time to see if Last Windows will be out in US anytime soon..

Oh and ack, I just ordered Again: Eye of Providence in CR. Maybe I'll like it..Who knows :acro:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:55 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

No, the game is entirely developped by Cing, Tecmo is just the editor... and hence, they had to translate the game in the US.
I know they said the game would be released in Europe, but highly doubt it ever will, especially since the game is doomed to have awful (and justified?) sales.
Personally, I'll wait to have the game in my hands before making any kind of judgement :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:47 pm 
Admin
Admin

Man, that looks like it could be a recipe for major embarrassment if the review is true. I'd feel bad if I were to promote a game that really didn't keep up with the hight standards I've held CiNG to all this time. But one thing I'm unsure on, is the game itself supposed to be bad or is the story telling mediocre? I read a lot so I can deal with a low story to gaming ratio, but if the story itself is bad then eep.

Anyways, my copy has shipped. I'll get mine on Thursday. CiNG don't let me down.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:05 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Quote:
I read a lot so I can deal with a low story to gaming ratio,

Same here; That's probably why I enjoyed Another Code: R so much, whereas a lot of people complained it was too boring, with all the text... I mean, that's precisely the point of the game, all those dialogues. To be able to watch the different personalities of the different characters come to light, see them changing while interacting with them, etc... that's what makes Another Code: R such a great game, especially since the characters are really well written.

What kinda worries me about Again is not so much the story, but rather the translation. Even the greatest story can sound really dull if the translation is bad, or not ambitious enough...
It would be really weird for Cing to completely 'f*ck up' a game like this. Especially since they had a year more to develop the game (which was supposed to be released in 2009, remember?).

Quote:
Anyways, my copy has shipped. I'll get mine on Thursday. CiNG don't let me down.

Ah ah, guess I'll have to rely on you to have first-had impressions.

Found another review, by Nintendo Power (the only one I could find! Come on, the game is gonna make the greatest flop ever seen in gaming history ;__;)

Quote:
Still, they're a fresh new twist that really make use of the DS hardware and, along with a good story/dialog, make picking up Again an open-and-shut case for budding crime-solvers with a taste for the unusual. (70/100)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:39 am 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Criticus Maximus
Hm, I'm glad I didn't put that pre-order down then. I had originally considered it, but as the previews and stuff started rolling in, I reconsidered locking in my $50 (lolAustralia).

If these reviews are surely true, I'll probably only buy the game now if I have some spare cash on me and I see it in stock somewhere, like EB Games.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:58 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

lol'd when that review mentioned expected a good sequel to Hotel Dusk. I'm expected a good sequel to HD in LW :P

Anyway, I'm hoping the game will be good, but even if it isn't... As long as it's bearable, and it shows support to CiNG (and help us get LW), I'm cool with it :) I don't mind lots of dialogue... If I did, I wouldn't be here, on a Hotel Dusk section of a Phoenix Wright forum xD

(And even if it does totally suck, I'm pretty good at just accepting things :P)

Also, I'm supposed to get my copy on Wednesday. Take that, Wooster!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:12 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Quote:
Also, I'm supposed to get my copy on Wednesday. Take that, Wooster!!

Hum.... he's supposed to receive his copy on Thursday... just realised it would be, normally, the same day as me!
But I wouldn't be surprised if he receives it on Wednesday. I've always received my amazon orders one day before the one indicated in the ETA.

And I don't think the game will 'suck'... not as good as people with extremely high expectations did, that's for sure, but I don't think it will suck at all. I mean, when I read some reviews for Another Code: R, and compare them to how much I loved that game... I know I shouldn't worry too much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next