Last visit was:
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: NGamer teasing sequel to "one of the best DS games" announce
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:21 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif
Custom Title: They don't :c
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=117836

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE!
First look at the top-secret sequel to one of the best games on DS. What could it be?

Magazine on sale April 21st.

I don't know you, but as soon as I read this, I said "Last Window" aloud (my brother looked at me, I said "Last Window" again, and he ignored me). Even if it's not, "sequel to one of the best games on DS" can't mean something bad! If it's not Last Window, it could be Elite Beat Agents 2, since Last Window needs a non-Japanese announcement, and EBA was a Western-only game (since it wasn't a localization of Ouendan), so it makes sense for either to be announced in a English magazine. Some people say The World Ends With You 2, but it wasn't even announced in Japanese, so, if it existed, it wouldn't be announced in an English magazine first.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed for Last Window!

Post subject: Re: NGamer teasing sequel to "one of the best DS games" announce
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:36 pm 
Admin
Admin

Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
As much as I want it to be Last Window, (And oh man, I'd kill for it to be so); but EBA2 was on Europe's TBA title lists for a long time now. So my money is on EBA.

Personally, I'd much rather have my cake and eat it too. C'mon Agents and Ex-Cops.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:40 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif
Wooster wrote:
As much as I want it to be Last Window, (And oh man, I'd kill for it to be so); but EBA2 was on Europe's TBA title lists for a long time now. So my money is on EBA.

Wait, seriously? I didn't know EBA2 even existed in the developers' minds. I suppose there wasn't any formal announcement, right?

Either way, we all win. Both Last Window and EBA2 would be amazing.

The only way to burst our bubble would be for NGamer to give more details on Scribblenauts 2. It's not top-secret, but we only know details... so it's pretty secret, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:57 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

Custom Title: Mostly human
"First look" would imply that it's something new, not a game which has already been out in Japan for a few months. The fact that this is being revealed first in an British magazine instead of say, Famitsu, suggests that this will probably be a game aimed at the Western audience, and I can't think of many "best games on the DS" which fit that description other than EBA.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:16 pm 
Admin
Admin

EBA2 was never formally announced. It was just quietly added to the TBA section after some conference. But this was a year or more ago.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:26 am 
Moderators
Moderators

Nose wrote:
"First look" would imply that it's something new, not a game which has already been out in Japan for a few months

I think "first look" means a first look at the localized screenshots. Besides, since it's only out in Japan, not-fanboys probably didn't even see any art of it. So, for the American audience, if announced, Last Window will be a new game for them. Mostly because screenshots of a Japanese visual novel are hardly a "first look" for the American audience.

From your post's point of view, a game's localized release could be called "a rerelease", even though its a brand new game for its audience (in most cases, like in Last Window's)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:59 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: 世界中
The prospect of EBA 2/LW is quite exciting! I was actually thinking about an EBA sequel a couple of days ago.
It could possibly be LW, it was actually previewed in the Australian Nintendo magazine, albeit it was just Japanese screens and such. Still if it makes in there, then I'm sure it'll be realesed in NA/EU/AUS. There is a "TBC 2010" release date.
In fact, to quote the magazine: "The game is now out in Japan, but an Aussie release hasn't even been whispered about yet. We'll get it, don;t worry about that. It's too Western in it's influences and appeal not to be. With Again due in March we'd be surprised if we didn't see it arrive soon after that."

So yeah.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:36 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Because of the ''top-secret'', I doubt it's LW unfortunately...
Yes, there's been no info on a release outside Japan (yet), but I don't think they would call LW "top-secret" at all, since already quite a few people know about it already, and it's been released in Japan two months ago.

I really wish it were LW though; :sadshoe:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:41 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
I hope it's not something like a Nintendog sequel featuring cats :|

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:06 pm 
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Custom Title: Wherever you go, I will be there.
Jessweeee wrote:

Nintencats has already happened. It just wasn't popular enough to make it overseas.

Signature by Myself
Sister of BSX and ChocolateXCheese

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:29 am 
Moderators
Moderators

Dylia wrote:
Jessweeee wrote:

Nintencats has already happened. It just wasn't popular enough to make it overseas.

Haha, Uncyclopedia.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:53 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Yeah, especially since I'm pretty sure this would have sold really well, at least in Japan :p
And I don't think Nintendogs can really apply for 'one of the game of the DS' description, no matter how sucessful it was...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:32 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Oh hey, the AONM mentions this game as well. To quote:

"Ooh! Big Secret!
First look at a new barnstoming sequel!"

on sale 19 April

Last edited by TheBaronAndEma on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:56 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Custom Title: What do you see behind the mask?
I think my brain will explode if it's EBA2.

Seriously.

:acro:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:04 pm 
Admin
Admin

'Barnstorming' sequel?

Well, I'd asume that'd rule off Hotel Dusk, EBA2, or practically anything else I can think of aside from Harvest Moon; and that didn't get well known in the DS era.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:58 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Wooster wrote:
'Barnstorming' sequel?

Well, I'd asume that'd rule off Hotel Dusk, EBA2, or practically anything else I can think of aside from Harvest Moon; and that didn't get well known in the DS era.

Quote:
Nintendo announces Hotel Dusk 3: Barns of Truth, to be released this winter. Sequel to the critically acclaimed Last Window (to be released this Summer), BoT is set in a farm located in Grass Valley, California. After being thrown out of Cape West Apartments, Kyle Hyde and Mila Evans receive a request from a mysterious farmer who lives at 'Dawning Farm', and who wants to find the 'Manure of Wishes' his rival stole from him more than 50 years ago. The game will feature ultra-realistic environements (the barns, the fields), and interactive puzzles such as milking the cows, feeding the chickens, sowing and of course and cleaning the horses' dung in order to find the truth. As a world-exclusivity, the game will feature the unique 'Smell-it-yourself!' feature, which allows players to actually smell the environment ingame, increasing the level of realism, and allow them to immerse themselves to a level never seen before in a video-game. The game will also be 3DS-ready, and will make the most of the new exclusive '3DS VISION' functionality when it is released, next year.

Game will also feature brand-new and exclusive tracks by the world-famous and popular children-song composer, Raffi.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:23 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Barns of Truth ... *snicker*
And I really hope that smell feature will never ever appear in gaming. It would make a big percentage of games nearly unplayable ... Have fun with a smelly Harvest Moon, Wario Ware or any RPG which has trolls and other stinky creatures. :keiko:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:44 pm 
Admin
Admin

L~A wrote:
Wooster wrote:
'Barnstorming' sequel?

Quote:
Nintendo announces Hotel Dusk 3: Barns of Truth, to be released this winter. Sequel to the critically acclaimed Last Window (to be released this Summer), BoT is set in a farm located in Grass Valley, California. After being thrown out of Cape West Apartments, Kyle Hyde and Mila Evans receive a request from a mysterious farmer who lives at 'Dawning Farm', and who wants to find the 'Manure of Wishes' his rival stole from him more than 50 years ago. The game will feature ultra-realistic environements (the barns, the fields), and interactive puzzles such as milking the cows, feeding the chickens, sowing and of course and cleaning the horses' dung in order to find the truth. As a world-exclusivity, the game will feature the unique 'Smell-it-yourself!' feature, which allows players to actually smell the environment ingame, increasing the level of realism, and allow them to immerse themselves to a level never seen before in a video-game. The game will also be 3DS-ready, and will make the most of the new exclusive '3DS VISION' functionality when it is released, next year.

Game will also feature brand-new and exclusive tracks by the world-famous and popular children-song composer, Raffi.

XD And you'd know I'd buy it anyways.

Actually, the more I think on it, are both magazines really covering the same game? NMag claimed it was an exclusive; and if AONM is also covering the game, then it isn't an exclusive is it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:43 am 
Moderators
Moderators

Custom Title: 1000% Knight
Let one be EBA2 and let one be LW :3 (Although, honestly, I want LW more than EBA2. Just b/c CiNG recently went bankrumpt, so I want confirmation that LW is coming over here...)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:31 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Yeah, but what do you make of the 'barnstoming'?
Unless it's a very bad typo from Baron, I'm pretty sure that means that 'sequel' has something to do with... well, barns.
Though, I really hope at least one of them is LW. I really want the confirmation the game will be released, at least in the US or EU...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:42 am 
Admin
Admin

Currently grasping at straws, but I seem to remember from some of the promo art that Little King's Story had some Knight that rode around on a Milking Cow. If it features that confused Knight, that would satisfy both the Barn and the Storming side of the statement. So... a sequel to Little King's Story? Baron's quote doesn't specifically mention the DS, so my Idea is somewhat credible. Although, I'm unsure that Little King's Story is old enough for a sequel.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:02 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

L~A wrote:
Yeah, but what do you make of the 'barnstoming'?
Unless it's a very bad typo from Baron, I'm pretty sure that means that 'sequel' has something to do with... well, barns.
Though, I really hope at least one of them is LW. I really want the confirmation the game will be released, at least in the US or EU...

No, it's barnstorming. The only thing I misspelled is storming. :edgy:

Wooster wrote:
Currently grasping at straws, but I seem to remember from some of the promo art that Little King's Story had some Knight that rode around on a Milking Cow. If it features that confused Knight, that would satisfy both the Barn and the Storming side of the statement. So... a sequel to Little King's Story? Baron's quote doesn't specifically mention the DS, so my Idea is somewhat credible. Although, I'm unsure that Little King's Story is old enough for a sequel.

...You have a point there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:35 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Wooster wrote:

Hum... I remember reading that LKS didn't sell quite well (well, of course! this game seems to be made of pure awesomeness according to reviews... that figures), so I'd be quite surprised if it were a sequel of that very game... though, I also remember one developer stating the game might have a sequel on DS?

Well, guess we'll have to wait until April the 19th... and when is Ngamer supposed to unveil its own secret game?

Quote:
No, it's barnstorming. The only thing I misspelled is storming. :edgy:

I did not even see that... *epic fail* :beef:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:20 pm 
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness

Custom Title: Consider this puzzle solved.
I was filling out a survey in Club Nintendo for EBA and this was one of the questions:
Quote:
17. We are in the process of collecting testimonials from Club Nintendo members about Elite Beat Agents; could you tell us how and why you might recommend Elite Beat Agents to someone? (250 character max)
This question is optional. By clicking here, you consent to Nintendo using your commentary or a portion thereof in an anonymous manner, in all media, including marketing materials, at any time. If you do not consent, please leave the answer blank, and click on 'Finish' below. Thank you!

To my knowledge, this isn't a question on most of the surveys. Not to mention, this game isn't very new, so why would they need marketing materials? Maybe if they were making a sequel...?
EDIT: *is amused that nobody knows what "barnstorming" is*
Dictionary.com wrote:
–verb (used without object)
1.to conduct a campaign or speaking tour in rural areas by making brief stops in many small towns.
2.Theater. to tour small towns to stage theatrical performances.
3.(of a pilot) to give exhibitions of stunt flying, participate in airplane races, etc., in the course of touring country towns and rural areas.
4.(of a professional athletic team) to tour an area playing exhibition games after the regular season.
–verb (used with object)
5.to tour (various places) as a barnstormer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

So, does NGamer usually get leaked or something? If it does, we'll get it tomorrow... and even if it doesn't, we'll get it in two days :yuusaku:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:30 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Bad Player wrote:
So, does NGamer usually get leaked or something? If it does, we'll get it tomorrow... and even if it doesn't, we'll get it in two days :yuusaku:

Goddamnit I can't wait.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:58 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Just a note - I think that the sequel mentioned in AONM was Scribblenauts 2. :larry:

Mind you, hasn't that already been shown in America? it could be something different in NGamer. :edgy:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:25 pm 
Moderators
Moderators

Ugh, if it is, I'm going to be pretty annoyed.... especially since it was already revealed.

-continues to cross fingers for Last Window-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:23 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

^ Oh but it is. :payne:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:21 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Anybody got NGamer yet?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:13 pm 
Admin
Admin

I just browsed NGamer's website, nothing explicitly about Elite Beat Agents or Last Window that I can see.

For that mater, I see nothing about any exclusives of any kind. And trying to learn what it could be refering to on google just regurgitates the GoNintendo Article. GoNintendo has yet to issue a follow up to the best of my knowledge.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:42 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

So no clear news at all. Bah! All this waiting is killing me! :payne:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:15 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
I think whoever wrote that is a member here and wanted to torture us.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:22 pm 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Nothing new I take it? I wish I could buy NGamer myself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:23 pm 
Admin
Admin

Well, I'm in the States, so I'm not an option...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:14 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

From what I can gather from the forums, they are talking about Scribblenauts 2. Which makes no sense because it was already announced, but oh well.

Let's continue to patiently wait for Last Window and EBA2.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:49 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

I'm pretty sure we won't hear about LW before E3, in June. If we don't hear anything there, THEN we can start worrying...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:33 pm 
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training

Custom Title: Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.
L~A wrote:
I'm pretty sure we won't hear about LW before E3, in June. If we don't hear anything there, THEN we can start worrying...

I agree, some people are ready to give up just because we haven't heard anything, despite the fact that even if Cing hadn't gone bankrupt, we still probably wouldn't have heard anything about a localization yet. It only came out in Japan about four months ago, after all.

Totally not my sig...

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:46 am 
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney

Well, Another Code: R was released in Europe only 5 months after Japan (and was therefore announced much earlier!), and it was as long as HD, and had as much text... if not more. Then again, LW has some sort of novel at the end, so I think that may take quite some time to translate actually, and since NoA and NoE's translators are really great, no wonder it takes a little time.
Personally, I'm still a little worried, but nonetheless, I have faith that the game is already being localised.