Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 16 posts ]

Is the new Mood Matrix looking a bit too simple?Topic%20Title

Student-Artist-Ace Attorney Fanboy

I know it is very early, but I'm not totally sold on the Mood Matrix. The main point of the Mood Matrix is to determine if a witnesses's testimony and their feelings about a particular line match with how they should be feeling. It seems like that seems a bit too easy. There are only 4 options and it seems likely that it'll be easy to predict the general feeling of the 4 that should be the correct option to choose.

I'm a little skeptic on it right now, but I'm really interested to see how they make this new gimmick much more difficult. Any ideas guys?
Thanks to RandomJibberish for the sig!
Re: Is the new Mood Matrix looking a bit too simple?Topic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

R.M. wrote:
I know it is very early, but I'm not totally sold on the Mood Matrix. The main point of the Mood Matrix is to determine if a witnesses's testimony and their feelings about a particular line match with how they should be feeling. It seems like that seems a bit too easy. There are only 4 options and it seems likely that it'll be easy to predict the general feeling of the 4 that should be the correct option to choose.

I'm a little skeptic on it right now, but I'm really interested to see how they make this new gimmick much more difficult. Any ideas guys?

I was thinking this too, but I'm hoping it turns out to be more complicated in context. Think about Perceive. You look at the witness close up and look for stuff that moves. It sounds really simple. (And to be fair it was never that hard). But later in the game the difficulty definitely increases.

My guess is that in Case 4/5 the mood matrix will be giving off all 4 at once, and that there will be a witness who is able to "cheat" the system, etc. I doubt they'd make it too easy in the long run.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

キラキラ ♥

It seems that it will take some getting used to, but it goes without saying the entire reformat of the courtroom will take some getting used to! Hell I have to re-get used to the clean and clarity of Apollo Justice when I replay it every time! (jesus christ I even have to BUY the 3DS for this game)

I dunno. I'd like to see it more used outside of the courtroom how the psych-locks are. But that's just me.
Any thoughts on that?

For me the mood matrix seems too high-tech for me. I know these games are set in the future but it's still us? Right?

Black-Harmonia wrote:
For me the mood matrix seems too high-tech for me. I know these games are set in the future but it's still us? Right?

It's set 15 years into the future, yes, but the entire place seems to be run like the 1980s, minus the outfits and giant hairdos. And I agree, putting this high tech thing into this world, where previously we had doors easily opened by cards, giant cellphones, phonebooths and similar 'old gadget' feels kinda odd.
I'm not saying they should give Phoenix a Smartphone. Actually, I'd hate that. (I hate putting these smartphones into my games, I don't think they have a place there. Create your own model of cellphone or just make it something entirely different) With the Mood Matrix, it would be good to show that their technology is going forwards, but.... *shrug* still awkward.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Black-Harmonia wrote:

It's set 15 years into the future, yes, but the entire place seems to be run like the 1980s, minus the outfits and giant hairdos. And I agree, putting this high tech thing into this world, where previously we had doors easily opened by cards, giant cellphones, phonebooths and similar 'old gadget' feels kinda odd.
I'm not saying they should give Phoenix a Smartphone. Actually, I'd hate that. (I hate putting these smartphones into my games, I don't think they have a place there. Create your own model of cellphone or just make it something entirely different) With the Mood Matrix, it would be good to show that their technology is going forwards, but.... *shrug* still awkward.

C-A

Hey, just because there's old tech in the games, that doesn't exclude the existence of new gadgets. That's the nice thing about technology: no matter how high-tech your stuff gets, you can always fall back on the lower-tech stuff, and it'll still work just as it used to.
I kinda like finally seeing some more "futuristic" things for once. It supports the whole "It's the future" thing, and shows that these people can do more responsible things with technology than "finger print scanners on the back sides of safety box-handles".

As for the whole Mood Matrix thing, I've already made it pretty clear how thrilled I am about finally getting this, and while I'm kinda worried that it will be a little to easy (like Logic was in AAI), I think it can be made decently challenging with a little effort. If it all comes down to contradictions between testimony and the witness's mood, things will get a lot more challenging once we get testimonies that aren't so easy to assign a mood to (thus making it harder to spot the inconsistency).
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Not to mention, the courtroom looks like how it does in the movie, which features a holographic computer display that spans the entire room. I wouldn't be surprised if suddenly during a trial, the ceiling begins to move and machines whirr into life. Then, they finally have a way to explain where the Court Record is being recorded. Hey, that means they can also check for bullet ballistics (and maybe analyze fingerprints) mid-trial without having to run down to the lab downtown and waste 15 minutes into 2-second blackness with some text! Maybe we'll even get animation of the courtroom coming to life!

...But I feel like I'm hoping for too much. I'm fine with the Mood Matrix as it is now anyway. It has potential to become a challenge to decipher.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

In terms of the futuristic debate, there's always been that contradiction of 90's tech mixed with super futuristic elements. Look at Godot's Star Trek-Style visor in GS3. Compared to that, the mood matrix looks very normal.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

ADA McCoy wrote:
In terms of the futuristic debate, there's always been that contradiction of 90's tech mixed with super futuristic elements. Look at Godot's Star Trek-Style visor in GS3. Compared to that, the mood matrix looks very normal.

:udgy: I don't see a contradiction. Old and new technology can always be intermingled. I'm sorry, but I'll have to give you a penalty.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The Real Human Being

Little thief made holograms, in any given space.
something that can tell if someone is sad or happy isn't that out of place.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

:udgy: I don't see a contradiction. Old and new technology can always be intermingled. I'm sorry, but I'll have to give you a penalty.

:ack: (...How could I have used the word so poorly?...)

According to the Famitsu review at least, the Mood Matrix becomes trickier and trickier to use, implying that it won't be as simple as the bracelet was

You want STARS? I'll give you STARS!

DonteTheDA wrote:
According to the Famitsu review at least, the Mood Matrix becomes trickier and trickier to use, implying that it won't be as simple as the bracelet was

I figured as much. I knew they weren't going to let us off that easy. That's a good thing, though. I like a little challenge~
ImageImage

Yeah. To be honest, the bracelet puzzles were cakewalks.

DonteTheDA wrote:
Yeah. To be honest, the bracelet puzzles were cakewalks.

The Mood Matrix looked even easier than the bracelet to me, so I was a little concerned, but that Famitsu article gave me a lot of hope that it will be challenging.

That one guy nobody knows

CatMuto wrote:

I believe in the game Athena addresses Phoenix's phone as being such an old model, and it's been 8 years between T&T and this game. That is a huge gap for technology, I'd say the MASON system was a little high techish too.

Either way I think the Mood Matrix will turn into quite the challenge. I seen in one part you have to correct a witness's distorted memories with it. I hope at one point it turns from pressing information out of the emotions to presenting evidence that would contradict the emotion the witness is feeling at the time.

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

The famitsu review did say the Mood Matrix gets more challenging deep into the game. I'm not too worried.

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps