Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 3 of 3[ 93 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: GS7 IdeasTopic%20Title

Moddragon22 wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
But I can't remember if he was a prosecutor at the time or not.

He was. :simon:

Really? Blackquill was locked up with 21 years, and that was the year after Phoenix was disbarred, which mean he would have been 18 when Mia died. I guess it's possible to have them meet before that since teenage genius are nothing new to the series, but we don't know for sure.

heh

I'll have you know that Blackquill and Maya are the same age
"Apollo, you have, like, three different backstories. Who even are you?!"

heh

My idea: no Yamazaki
"Apollo, you have, like, three different backstories. Who even are you?!"

Axiomatically Otiose

He's done with AA I think.
He didn't want to do GS6 Eshiro had to convince him XD

Who would write GS7? If there were one, Takumi would be done with DGS by then...

Knexicon of LOLage

Fuse was co director of GS6. Maybe he could fully direct 7.
Hi,I'm Southern Corn,but you can call me SC. My friends are great,and my enemies irate.

Story CrafterSC's Case Rankings™SC's LinksMysterious QR CodeCountdown to the Apocalypse

What is a quadrilateral with one 90° angle called? PM me the answer. Those who succeed get a free cookie! :cookie:

Axiomatically Otiose

Yeah but who'll write it? He's the main artist, so they'd need someone to lead the writing of the game.

迷探偵

Not sure if they all still work at Capcom, but there are at least three persons (Nakamura, Fukuda and other Fuse) who have each worked as writers on at least two different Ace Attorney titles, so they could easily lead a writing team like usual (that's more experience than Yamazaki had before he had to lead a whole new game as both writer and director), and there's always the option of going external...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

sans.

Honestly, at this point I'd like a soft reboot story-wise and a mostly fresh staff. Have past characters in secondary or minor roles but give the focus on a new cast.

See if they can get Kinu Nishimura back to do the art
Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Calm, pacified attorney

Capcom has been very keen on appealing to the western market with their legacy franchises lately. It's probably about time that they hand off this series to some screenwriters and make the mysteries less zany and more grounded.

Also, let go of the anime artstyle?

Kidding aside, this series is like any Marvel or DC comics in that it has the potential to take on a multitude of different spins and iterations across various artists, so I hope one day they'll just surprise you with a new Ace Attorney that has a new staff and has a bold premise that doesn't reek of fanservice, derived or retrodden ideas. I just don't read nearly enough japanese novels or manga to know where the inspirations could come from.
T&T is the equivalent to FFVII. AA1 rocks the most :P

Knexicon of LOLage

I think 6-4 and 6-2 were rather grounded honestly. They weren't zany and quite interesting imo.
Hi,I'm Southern Corn,but you can call me SC. My friends are great,and my enemies irate.

Story CrafterSC's Case Rankings™SC's LinksMysterious QR CodeCountdown to the Apocalypse

What is a quadrilateral with one 90° angle called? PM me the answer. Those who succeed get a free cookie! :cookie:

Swiggity Swooty

Southern Corn wrote:
I think 6-4 and 6-2 were rather grounded honestly. They weren't zany and quite interesting imo.

Idk if I would call them grounded, especially 6-4. I wouldn't call Uendo "grounded" by any means.

Knexicon of LOLage

The case itself was pretty simplistic though.

Stare into my eyes

Many of the cases in the series have been pretty simplistic, straightforward, grounded, etc. They just have a little more absurdity thrown in as well as the series has developed.

Honestly, I don't see anything bad in particular about raising absurdity levels. AA has always had roots in being silly from the very beginning. There's a good reason why this series didn't take off to be another L.A. Noire. What I see of writers beyond copying Takumi's style is potential to take the series to new grounds. Detective Conan wouldn't have lasted nearly so long as it has if it always tried to stick to the nitty gritty side of crime solving.

I do agree that we should get a soft reboot of the cast, but the original characters still deserve to hold important roles here and there. They don't have to show, but their presence should be accounted for.

Unless the soft reboot involves another timeskip for no particular reason like in AJ, just so we can forget the current cast and inevitably have another blank that isn't explained. I suppose I'd be okay with retconning AJ's timeskip if it means the alternative is more fluid development of the old cast mingled with the new.
Ever armed with trollswatters and defending Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth... as their supposed daughter.

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Page 3 of 3 [ 93 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps