Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.
Bought an apartment at the Otaku.
Re: Stuff you want to return from PW to AJ2Topic%20Title

Hidden by a mask.

I have some of this stuff worked out.
Spoiler:
Presenting profiles: You know how you can check all the evidence, I figure that must be the key. So Vera tags along and make portraits of the people and you can present them.
Appollo's Back story: Made a band (he was singer, cause of his chords of steal) and rocked the world while he was young but when he was called in one day by the collage admin and a few minuets later the admin was murdered. Phoenix defended him and won but Appollo was so upset that this happened that he broke up the band. Later, the bassist and drummer went to jobs relating to crime solving and became members of the Gaviniers. The guitarist went solo but sone got a job as a cop. Got guitarist position in Gaviniers after Daryan's arrest. They find Appollo and reunite.

Well, it's a little messed up but still plausible.

:godot: 10 godots

Algebraic!

I think the Magatama should return so they have something for both investigating and the courtroom. If Phoenix were the victim of one case (you know he will be, don't deny it) he passes it down to Trucy.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by stickmeister on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Ability to present profiles.
- :jake: , he was AMAZING! And :godot: .
-Those case select screens.
-More "Cornered"!
-At least 2 cases are connected like 3-1, 3-4, and 3-5.
-Wacky characters
-And a prosecutor who is challanging. Maybe Klavier becomes evil! Or a new one.
-Less focus on :hobohodo: , make the game about Apollo, it is HIS game after all.
-Lotta's theme, or at least a varration on it.
-Valent, he was, like my favourite character. :ini:
Now, the voice of Vex Vulper and head of the Ace Attorney Online Podcast (first episode coming soon)!

- Godot
- Music from Phoenix Wright 1
- Ability to search for fingerprints like in 1-5

Did I miss something?

FINE

Everybody said it: present profiles, that made the Investigation part less boring.
yay also Psycho-locks :edgy:

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

My most wanted return: GUMSHOE! THE SECOND-BEST CHARACTER EVER (after Godot)! SCREW EMA!

Oh, and Psyche-Locks too.
I HAVE CHORTLES!

Save poor Gumshoe!

- Some characters like: :sadshoe: :edgy: :maya: :pearl: :godot:.
- Psyche Locks .
- Present profiles.
- Perceive in a investigation.
- Challenge, AJ was easy.
"The only time a lawyer can cry, is when it's all over" ~ Godot.

Some guy who doesn't have a DS.

Not that I have played AJ but...
:mattphone:
Spoiler: 2-4
:psycho-matt:

:larry2:
Oh and maybe
Spoiler: 2-4
:shelly: / :radio:

PL vs PW <33

- Agree with Apollo using bracelet during investigation, the Magatama is Phoenix's thing, so unless he's investigating, probably shouldn't see it with Apollo
- Chapter title art! so disappointed AJ didn't have them >_<
- Return of the Oldbag! I wonder if she's a Gavinner / Klavier fan XD
- While I don't think they'll return for a major part (since their story is over with T&T), I would like to see Fey girls cameos (Trucy and Pearl meet please ^^), to see what happened to them at least, and just to make old fans happy? I was sad we didn't find out what happened to them and how they reacted to Phoenix's plight in AJ, it feels almost like post 2-4 bad ending than post T&T..
- Investigation taking better advantage of the DS interface, like dusting for prints, casting footprints etc. It's a good idea, but they had way too little in AJ, and it was really restrictive on when you can use them...
- AAI-style investigation =D
- Gumshoe making cameo as Chief Detective!

Spoiler:
- Phoenix retaking the bar exam and acting as Apollo's mentor, like Mia was to Phoenix; though that might mean Phoenix would overshadow Apollo again... but I wanna see his hat hair!
- Apollo and Trucy finding out they're siblings

Spoiler: my thoughts on AJ
I think AJ was more of a transition game; they weren't even gonna put Phoenix in, because they want it to be about Apollo; but Phoenix ended up being in there, and 4-4 happened to please old fans (which for me, worked) who aren't used to a new protagonist I think... but I think by doing that, AJ ended up being more about Phoenix than Apollo, which I'm not disappointed with 'cause I like :hobohodo: , but not good for the game I suppose, for Apollo to be overshadowed in his own game >__< Seriously, I liked AJ because of Phoenix, not because of Apollo...

As sad as I am not being able to play as Phoenix again, I'm willing to give Apollo a chance to be his own character. But to do that, he needs to not be a Phoenix clone! It's good for nostalgia's sake, but many times I thought I was playing as :phoenix: because Apollo's thoughts and processes are so similar (even his internal monologue when he makes a mistake in court is the same as Phoenix's)...

The idea of choosing your partner and having diff storylines is really neat, but I doubt it'll happen since GS series is pretty linear in the storyline...
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

Oh, I almost forgot: The Deduce system from AAI was awesome.
I HAVE CHORTLES!

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Well, like everybody else has said, profiles. Not only does it open up more options for presenting evidence in-game, but some of the funniest moments come from what people say about other people behind their backs.

Also, it'd be cool for Investigation segments to take a page from AAI's book. Specifically, the 3/4-view sprites would let us see Apollo Justice outside of the courtroom. Probably not likely to happen because it would double the workload of the character design team.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

YES: Judge Gumshoe, Attorney Faraday, Prosecutor Fey, Prof. Edgeworth, Mrs. von Karma-Edgeworth, Mayor Butz

SUPER YES: Investigating the death of Lotta Hart

- Definitely more forensics with Ema. I LOVED forensics!
- Psyche-locks OR being able to 'perceive' out of the courtroom. That would be cool.
- Apollo being defendant :D
- Finding out more about Apollo's past. It's gotta be interesting, right?
- Franziska as prosecutor. Or someone like her...with a gun instead of a whip.
- Godot should make an appearance, however small [or big]
- Mia....somehow. Maybe Bikini can channel...
- Presenting profiles, of course!
- Lotta Hart! She's a great character! :lotta-smug:
- Nick decides to actually DO something...like become a judge! But it doesn't have to be law related...just not poker/piano related.
- Story of Vera. What happened to her?
- Gumshoe making an appearance...with Edgey and Franziska. I want to see him get 2 pay-cuts at a time XD :edgy:
- De Killer = YES
- Chapter title art = YES I missed that alot.
- Oldbag = YESYESYESYES I want to see her teasing "Edgey-poo!" :wendy:
- I wanna see Nick's hair! I bet it's the same
- And Viola, Larry, gatewater bellboy, the Kitakis, maggey [not as as defendant, though], Adrian, Steel Samurai [turns out Trucy is a fan], maybe Iris, Lisa Basil and Sister Bikini.
Not all of them, but hopefully half.

And of course... the Berry Big Circus!
Trucy would love Max! :cards:

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Clarouche wrote:
And of course... the Berry Big Circus!
Trucy would love Max! :cards:

I know a lot of people hate 2-3, but it would be worth revisiting Berry Big Circus in AJ2 to see how different it is.

Also, Hat Gramarye would kick Trilo Quist's ass, and that needs to happen.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

Spoiler:
1. A first case that isn't connected to the last. Seriously, it's overdone.

2. Maya as a minor character (might even summon a victim? that wasn't done since DL-6)

3. A good prosecutor with fun personality, kinda like Franziska (or Franziska herself)

4: Phoenix becoming a lawyer, and becoming playable for half a case like Edgey in 3-5

5: Presenting profiles, of course.

6: More character development for the mains, mostly Apollo

7: Five cases

-5 cases (though, I think it will happen)
-presenting profiles (makes game harder, but more interesting)
-chapter title art
-it would be nice to actually perceive out of court, like the magatama (though in 4-3, Apollo's bracelet did react, but he ignored it)
-probably a few cameos of other characters from the trilogy (probably will happen, we already have a few in AJ. I just don't want it to go overboard with Phoenix-era characters. It's Apollo's turn to shine)
-using more forensic science (it would be cool to use it everywhere you go like the luminol in 1-5)
-Gumshoe should be in the game (he's been like in all the games now, same as Phoenix, the judge, and Payne)

Though, whatever happens, I will still play AJ2 even if all of my wants don't come true. (But I might hesitate playing it if Apollo isn't the main character...)
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.

The Judge Hammer

I don't like the concept of psyche locks (looking deep into someones soul to see if their telling the truth) but I do like the gameplay they offer of having to prove things to people with EVIDENCE!

I prefer court cases over investigation but I don't like cross examining (I know I sound stupid here) but I do like it when your just having an objection fight with the prosecutor proving things and bouncing ideas off each other, I just love it and wish there was more of it, even though testimony is still important!
^^Thanks to Bibliomaniac for the sig^^

PL vs PW <33

All mighty Eye wrote:
I prefer court cases over investigation but I don't like cross examining (I know I sound stupid here) but I do like it when your just having an objection fight with the prosecutor proving things and bouncing ideas off each other, I just love it and wish there was more of it, even though testimony is still important!

Yeah, I love it when they throw Objections back and forth, with lots of epic music playing in the background. I just replayed 2-4, and Nick and Edgey shouting back and forth was awesome :will: Klavier didn't put up too much of a fight with Apollo, he was more like leading Apollo by the hand and teasing him than actually trying to disprove his theories... I found the Kristoph vs Phoenix fight in 4-1 to be more intense (and laced with lots and lots of sarcasm and threats)...
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font

I want to see more gadgets, like Case 2-4's radio frequency scanner. (RFID reader?)
"Overall, I give it an eight out of ten, but only because it was made in China, and I am terrified of their government."

I would like more of the forensics parts in AJ2, those were really enjoyable in AJ and also in 1-5 as well.

I agree with the profile presenting as well, I was disappointed that it wasn't in AJ when I played it as well.

And maybe a final case where you're against a different prosecutor, or better yet have a different one for most of AJ2 then bring Klavier on back for the last case (like what they did in JfA/GS2)

Or maybe even have back a flashback case but with using Kristoph instead? *shot*

AttorneyatLOL!

heh,profile presenting,and.......... :phoenix: as a lawyer. :will:

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

Actually, screw AJ2. I'd much rather have a PW4. With Apollo involved, of course, but Phoeinix was a much more endearing main character. Although I would like to see Klavier return as the main prosecutor again; he was a nice break, because he was the first prosecutor that wasn't either distant like Edgeworth, or nasty like Franziska and Godot. He actually wants to find the truth, he's nice to you (Apollo and him are actually sort of friends, and not in the same way as Phoenix and Edgeworth), and he helps you, unlike any of the other prosecutor (including Edgeworth to start with; he changes later on, but he starts out like Franziska). And he's generally a likable guy.

Phoenix Wright is just a much better main character, but I would like to find out more about Apollo's past.

And, like I said before: :sadshoe:
I HAVE CHORTLES!

Ace Attorney

SuperGanondorf wrote:
Actually, screw AJ2. I'd much rather have a PW4. With Apollo involved, of course, but Phoeinix was a much more endearing main character. Although I would like to see Klavier return as the main prosecutor again; he was a nice break, because he was the first prosecutor that wasn't either distant like Edgeworth, or nasty like Franziska and Godot. He actually wants to find the truth, he's nice to you (Apollo and him are actually sort of friends, and not in the same way as Phoenix and Edgeworth), and he helps you, unlike any of the other prosecutor (including Edgeworth to start with; he changes later on, but he starts out like Franziska). And he's generally a likable guy.

Phoenix Wright is just a much better main character, but I would like to find out more about Apollo's past.

And, like I said before: :sadshoe:

I agree; Phoenix had a ton of potential still going for him, but I really hated it when I found out that he "turned in his badge"...

But if there was a AJ:AA2, I'd mostly like:

1. More interesting cases that kept you wondering what happens next.
2. New, memorable, diverse, and just plain weird characters that are the staple of the Ace Attorney series.
3. Older versions of characters. Yeah, sure, we need to give Apollo his turn in the limelight, but I find it very weird that Maya is hardly mentioned in AJ. Pretty much all through the game I was wondering about all the old characters from the previous games and how they would look like. Especially a teenaged Pearls...
4. More prosecutors. 'Nuff said.
5. Ability to present profiles. I miss that function...
6. More interaction with the Touchscreen. It makes it a lot more interesting that way. Forensic stuff especially.
7. Cases that throw you for a loop, like the last case in PW:AA. Yeah, that was one solution I never saw coming. Sure, it wasn't the most logical conclusion ever, but it did make a great story and that's what I like about Ace Attorney.
8. Going along with 3, I'd like a sort of "reunion case" in which a lot of old characters return, for nostalgia's sake (I can almost see Maya's reaction when she hears Trucy refer to Phoenix as "Daddy"...)

OBJECTION!

Good ideas. I agree with the presenting profiles, more interesting and shocking cases, and cases that make you go "WTF?!" and throw you for a loop :D
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

The Law

Yeah I'm hoping for a GS5. This is what would hope for.
- Old characters back.... like Maya, Pearl, Edgeworth, Godot and Mia.
- The psyche locks.... Apollo could use it with his perceiving skills thing.
- Reunion case... all who Phoenix's friends have a party or something and that could actually be part of a case.
- And this is just wishful thinking... Oldbag dies.... and Edgeworth sends the guy flowers.
That's all I can think of. :cookie:

Wahahaha!!!

About people wanting Apollo's younger life focused on...
You have to remember it wasn't until the third Gyakuten Saiban game that Phoenix's backstory was focused on.

I want it to be even more challenging than JFA and T&T, but not so hard that you spend weeks on one investigation. I found Apollo Justice very boring and easy, so I hope AJ2 makes up for it. Also I would like more focus on
Spoiler: AJ-4
Apollo, Lamiroir (Thalassa) and Trucy being related.

Also an actual CASE FIVE!!!!!

EDIT: Oh right... the classroom trial in 1-4...
Click above... please?

Some guy who doesn't have a DS.

I actually wonder what Maya and Pearl would look like as adults. That's a reason why I would buy AJ2. (But first 1-5 for WiiWare, and the same with T&T and then if it comes:AJ.)

Other than the obvious things (Maya, Pearl, et cetera), I really want to see the Psyche-Locks. No offense to Apollo, but the bracelet, when compared to Psyche-Locks, kinda sucked.

Whatever happened to Phoenix's magatama anyway? It would be so cool if they found it in AJ2.

(Here's what I don't want: for it to be a new defense attorney 7 years after AJ. Not for a few more games...hopefully.)

Edit: Investigating the double murder of the judge and his brother. Sorry, but I really want to see a new judge.

Plus Larry has to be the defendant. Again.
PEARL DIES TONIGHT

Surf's Up!

The things I want to see in AJ's sequel are:

1) Being able to present profiles.

2) Less use of flashbacks (because there were too many in AJ for my liking).

3) Phoenix to make a cameo appearence in one case and never be seen for the rest of the game.

4) More challenging difficulty.

5) 5 cases, one of which (at least) is three trial days long.

6) A new main prosecutor, with Payne being in the 1st case and Klavier being in the 4th.

7) More scientific investigation .

8) The Judge's brother to make another appearence.

Gumshoe's #1 Fan

NinjaMonkey wrote:
The things I want to see in AJ's sequel are:

1) Being able to present profiles.

2) Less use of flashbacks (because there were too many in AJ for my liking).

3) Phoenix to make a cameo appearence in one case and never be seen for the rest of the game.

4) More challenging difficulty.

5) 5 cases, one of which (at least) is three trial days long.

6) A new main prosecutor, with Payne being in the 1st case and Klavier being in the 4th.

7) More scientific investigation .

8) The Judge's brother to make another appearence.

Agreed with 1, 4, 5, and 6. I disagree with the rest because I love Phoenix and want him to still appear everywhere in the game, and flashbacks=backstory, which is a must. 6 has happened in every game thus far, and there are no signs of stopping now. I, personally, didn't like the Judge's brother too much. He was alright, but lacked the personality and the lovableness of the real Judge.

Although, I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I want less scientific investigation. To me, it doesn't serve any real purpose in the first AJ; it just consisted of disjointed, one-time minigames that lack difficulty. I want more stuff like Luminol in RFTA. That was the only forensics activity that had any depth, and its uses were actually pretty extensive. But if they can come up with some new ideas for it that actually contain some depth, I'm all for it. I want more in-depth forensics, but not if it means that :sadshoe: is still left out.
I HAVE CHORTLES!

Waiting for PW7

SuperGanondorf wrote:
Actually, screw AJ2. I'd much rather have a PW4.

+100500.
We NEED new Phoenix Wright game.More story.More Fey,More Magatama,More spikes!

(Sp)ace Detective

Quote:
Actually, screw AJ2. I'd much rather have a PW4 AAI2.

As for GS5, I'd like Phoenix to be either the defense attorney or Apollo's aide during one of the cases (probably the last case, or a bonus case thing) and stay out of the way for the rest of the plot where he can't keep overshadowing Apollo in his own game.

Also, while this isn't strictly necessary or anything (as I can think of many reasons not to do it), it would be utterly fangasmic if the final case prosecutor is Edgeworth or Franziska making a surprise return.
Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

Oops I lied lol

I agree with old characters making a return, but what I really want is an actual antagonistic prosecutor! With Apollo, Klavier was way too chummy. Franziska and Godot would oppose and mock Phoenix at every opportunity, and I want it to feel really good when I've beaten them.

One thing I want them to leave behind is the german prosecutors. I mean, the von Karmas weren't terribly german, but Klavier was just over the top.

!~Panda Tamer~!

Spoiler:
neoswordmaster wrote:
Actually, I'm going to list stuff that I don't want to return.

The Feys or any other major character besides the judge. Minor characters can return, but I don't want to see Edgeworth, Franzy, Larry, Gumshoe, etc. come back. They already have enough spotlight and character development from GS1-3 and Kenji. Let's bring back some other characters like Penny, Adrian, Jake, Ron, etc.

Phoenix. He took too much spotlight in the last game. Have him be mentioned and appear every now and then, but please focus on Apollo for this game.

Psyche Locks. We already had enough of this. Besides, it's not that good of a gameplay mechanic. It's just a way to bar the player from advancing the story at some times.

Now things that I would like to return are presenting profiles.

Agrees xD

Somehow, I want Iris to return >_<

I also miss the spirit channeling thingy :)

what's bugging me, the investigation part in AJ us a bit...easy I say? Cuz the detective is too cooperative and the prosecutor is too...friendly [?] (Except Winston Payne, of course XD)

I also miss the old phoenix that sweats and panics easily :nick-sweat: :oops:

Some of these ideas have already been presented, but...

Gameplay
[*] The return of presenting profiles
[*] AAI-style investigations replacing the need for Psyche-Locks, makes for more combative interactions
[*] Annoying "Perceive" ability is annoying (don't like it the way it's done, but if it's there, fine)
[*] Cool "Deduce" feature from AAI is cool

Specific Characters and Storyline
[*] Either focus on Trite or Apollo, not both (either make it PW4 or AJ2)
[*] Character development for Apollo and Klavier, if it is AJ2 (honestly, they're not that interesting)
[*] Maya, Pearl, Gumshoe, Edgeworth, and Franziska appear in a given case (doesn't have to be the same one)
[*] More Ema (Ema was the runner-up for her own spinoff game, after all: maybe she can be briefly playable?)
[*] Return of Udgey's brother in at least one case
[*] A major character being in a dangerous situation in one case (this has sort of disappeared)
[*] Less German main characters (Germans are cool, but it's getting overdone)
"What the hell is that wriggling piece of plywood!?"
"Old windbag sure has balls... er, you know what I mean."
"The miracle never happen."
"It was a dream, in the dream I was an apple, and I was being peeled!"

Idol of Polar Bears

YoyoYoshi wrote:
[*] A major character being in a dangerous situation in one case (this has sort of disappeared)

Turnabout Corner had something like this, despite it being only a magic trick.

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
Turnabout Corner had something like this, despite it being only a magic trick.

I'm having a bit of selective memory, since I just recalled that there were three instances of danger in AAI. I think it's more of a complaint of AJ than anything else.

Oh, I know what'd be great - another case like 2-4, where there's a clear moral dilemma. GS5 really needs something like that.
"What the hell is that wriggling piece of plywood!?"
"Old windbag sure has balls... er, you know what I mean."
"The miracle never happen."
"It was a dream, in the dream I was an apple, and I was being peeled!"

Am I Wright. Yea I'm Wright

Pretty sure this has probably been said many times before but:
-Maya
-Presenting profiles
Page 2 of 4 [ 125 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps