Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 18 of 18[ 697 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Re: What part should Phoenix play in GS5?Topic%20Title

gumption

I'm sure everything I'm about to say has already been said by someone else already, but...

I want Hobohodo to come back, but I don't want him to take on a central role. Obviously, they couldn't just leave the guy hanging in GS4 and had to resolve his whole disbarment story, and I think they did a pretty great job of concluding Phoenix's journey as a lawyer in GS4. Honestly, I feel like he's not going to try to return to his career as a defense attorney. He sounded like he was joking more than anything when he spoke about retaking the Bar in the AJ credits (he lumped it in with piano classes, for goodness sake.) Even though it's a definite possibility that he will return to being an attorney anyways, as wanting to help people was and always will be a large part of his character, I feel like it's more likely that he'll leave that in Apollo's hands. Handing off the baton to the next generation, you know? But I don't think he'll leave law completely, nor will he ever stop helping people. He wasn't a lawyer in GS4, but look at all the lives he impacted: Trucy's, Apollo's, Lamiroir's, even (in my opinion) Klavier's.. and that's just counting the main characters.

I have this idea that maybe Phoenix will retake the Bar and become reinstated as an attorney, but that he'll be doing that kind of... for himself, and for closure. To tie up loose ends. The title "defense attorney" was such a huge part of him, after all. And if Apollo is ever out of order and a desperate situation arises, Phoenix can at least legally have the power to take the wheel.

I'd like to think that after that, Phoenix will continue working on the Jurist System (that thing is far from being fully integrated into AA law, after all.) He'll be trying to fix their screwed-up judicial system, and be working behind the scenes, out of the courtroom.

So basically, in GS5, I want him to be working on his own stuff in the waaay background. He needs to continue having adorable and hilarious interactions with Trucy. I want him to be that kind of character that's finished his arc and character growth, who quietly watches over the younger generation and maybe leads Apollo towards the right direction from time to time, but mostly works on behind-the-scenes important stuff and makes fun of Apollo. I don't want him to be like Mia. I didn't really like Mia. I don't want Apollo to be depending on Phoenix for guidance, either (he was pretty good at standing on his own in 4-2 and 4-3, and he wasn't DEPENDING on Phoenix in 4-4, either. Apollo was simply taking his part in ending Phoenix's seven-year-long fight.)

I sound really needy now. I want an AJ game with a cryptic/mellowed/yet still dorky and ridiculous Phoenix as a side character. So sue me.

As a random side note, I also want Phoenix to interact with Ema on-screen. Just because I think it'd be funny/cute.
"The witness will refrain from wonton winking!"

My fan fiction

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Pikachu said all that should be said.

Except the "Apollo stood up for himself nicely during 4-2 and 4-3" since 4-2 was practically Klavier spoon-feeding Apollo when he had hit a dead end and during 4-3 Klavier was going all out on Apollo and tearing him apart until Lamiroir stalled the trial and Phoenix showed up with those burnt fragments. THAT'S what Phoenix should be there for. To "light the igniter on Apollo's heart" when things are desperate, I guess. But a little less like Mia, 'cause I really feel like Apollo can stand up for himself.

Villain.

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

I THINK HE'S GONNA APPEAR IN THE BACKGROUND JUST LIKE AAI

wait

Quote:
Really, none. He took up too much of Apollo's limelight in GS4.

He took the limelight? That lazy hobo appeared in Case 1, then pissed off for the majority of the game. He needed more limelight - heck, I wanted him as my goddamn Co-Council! :grey:

Prosecutor would be fun... hey, if Edgeworth won't decide to go Defense Attorney now that he has been freed of his horrible, horrible nightmare and Manny won't breathe down his neck anymore, Phoenix can come to his side of the court.

A killer?
.... nah, I can't see it. They keep trying it, but he would be the type of idiot to make it blatantly obvious and probably even confess, breaking down after 1 minute of harmless pressing.
And what kind of immortal bird would he be if the Phoenix were to die?

C-A

Komikero

OK, so now that we know Phoenix is the main character of GS5, this thread really serves no purpose anymore, does it?

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

LightningfistCal wrote:
OK, so now that we know Phoenix is the main character of GS5, this thread really serves no purpose anymore, does it?

Maybe it should be changed to "What part should Apollo play in GS5?"
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Gettin' Old!

ADA McCoy wrote:
LightningfistCal wrote:

One scene-cameo I'm reckoning.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

ADA McCoy wrote:
LightningfistCal wrote:

Surprise Substitute Lawyer in Case 4 because Phoenix is busy because he's getting some in the hospital or in jail or held for ransom.

C-A

As cool as it would be to play Apollo, I want him to get a lot of screentime, so I propose he be the character that's like Phoenix in Apollo Justice, as in he arrives right when you feel unsure and helps you out once in a while. This would give him a chance to shine a bit for every case.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

ADA McCoy wrote:
As cool as it would be to play Apollo, I want him to get a lot of screentime, so I propose he be the character that's like Phoenix in Apollo Justice, as in he arrives right when you feel unsure and helps you out once in a while. This would give him a chance to shine a bit for every case.

I'm really not sure how to feel about Apollo giving Phoenix advice after the way Phoenix acted in AJ.... It just seems wrong to have roles reversed like that.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Blak The Great wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

I'm really not sure how to feel about Apollo giving Phoenix advice after the way Phoenix acted in AJ.... It just seems wrong to have roles reversed like that.

I didn't mean give him advice. I meant take on his role only in terms of screentime. What I could see is Apollo coming up to Phoenix and going "Mr Wright, I investigated that person you asked me about" and help like that.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

That makes more sense. The way you worded his implementation made it sound like his character would develop into that of Hobo Phoenix.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Blak The Great wrote:
That makes more sense. The way you worded his implementation made it sound like his character would develop into that of Hobo Phoenix.

Yeah sorry about that.

To be honest, as long as he isn't forgotten I'll be ok. I do think he'll get more development/screen time if he's a main, non-playable character rather than a playable one. Mia in T&T didn't really get any development at all. Phoenix in AJ, though, had more than AJ himself.

Komikero

ADA McCoy wrote:
To be honest, as long as he isn't forgotten I'll be ok.

And yet something tells me they're going to pull the "Apollo went to study law overseas" thing.

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

The Rawkin' Coke Drinker

And knowing how the writing style was in AAI when they referred to Phoenix, it'll probably be something along the lines of:

"What happened to that person?"

"Oh, him? He's currently studying law overseas."

Rebel40000 wrote:
And knowing how the writing style was in AAI when they referred to Phoenix, it'll probably be something along the lines of:

"What happened to that person?"

"Oh, him? He's currently studying law overseas."

I think they did that so they didnt have to bring Phoenix up. Because once hea brought up they would be obligated to have him be important. Because hes Phoenix.

AAI is a bit like the original sequels to the game Half-Life. (im not really into violent games so HL2 is the first one in the series that I really enjoyed cause it had a great story, so I dont know if anyone here has played them) a company called Valveade the game half life. The Gearbox ot the rights to make expansions packs/sequels (but were much more like sequels in that they were full games with different plots) to the game. But valve was going to do the actual half life 2 so Gearbox had to create stories that happened at the same time as the original; you played a different character. There would be occasional references to the protagonist of Half Life, but it stayed far away from directly Mentioning him or doing anything that could effect the world.

This was what AAI was. They knew where they started from, and they knew where they were going to end up (apollo) so they couldnt have a plot that even messed with the worlds and playable characters of the main series. Now that they can write the future of the world rather than have to follow it, i have no doubt we will not see "this person..." unless it is the right thing to do like the maya reference in Apollo
Page 18 of 18 [ 697 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps