Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 9 of 10[ 374 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Re: Any cases ideas ?Topic%20Title

PL vs PW <33

Bad Player wrote:
Anyway, this has probably been suggested before, but I think it would be cool to have a case where the murderer is the victim. (That is, s/he commits suicide, but sets it up to frame the defendant as an act of revenge.)

Like Magnifi's death (though it was Valant who set up the framing)? That would be interesting, but kinda hard, because how would you prove it's a suicide? Usually the culprit of the cases are witnesses who testify, or the prosecutor/defense who are conveniently in the room so their testimonies end up incriminating themselves XD But a suicide would be cool 'cause it's breaking the formula and you wouldn't expect it.

I want a case that digs up something in Apollo's past. Not necessarily his father, but there's so much we don't know about Apollo, such as "why did he become a lawyer"; and without much history on him, Apollo as a character felt kinda flat (compared to Phoenix especially). The case doesn't have to be about why he became a reason specifically, but maybe just give him flashbacks to his reasons (like how 1-4 brought up the classroom trial).

I also want a case where Apollo loses, or is close to losing, so he can find out for himself what it means to be a lawyer (like how Nick found out in 2-4).
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
Also, are you trying to prove that B didn't kill A at all, or that B did kill A, but b/c of her job and not b/c of personal reasons?

Anyway, this has probably been suggested before, but I think it would be cool to have a case where the murderer is the victim. (That is, s/he commits suicide, but sets it up to frame the defendant as an act of revenge.)

Sure it could work but I think you need someone to blame.
So....

Guy kills self for some reason (god knows) but actually has faked his death somehow (maybe someone in his place) and has since adopted a different identity claimed insurance and framed someone else.

That way you have a villain
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

Spoiler: lol not really
I had an idea for a fanfic case where A and B kill C, but they take away C's corpse. Then A and B set up a crime scene where it looks like A kills B, but they use C's corpse (C and B look extremely similar). A is then put on trial for B's murder, but then B secretly gets rid of C's body, and then "comes back to life" and shows up at court at the last second, meaning A doesn't get convicted for B's murder, since B isn't dead :P

...It may not sound like it could then actually be fitted into a trial, but it was going to work.

...Although I admit I don't know why they went through the trouble of the 2nd crime instead of just disposing of C's body normally.

About my suicide idea...

Well, the villain would be the victim, who has set up his dead to get an innocent man convicted. The fact that there's no witnesses would make it difficult; you'd need to use logic and evidence. I suppose that means it could also fit in with AAI, but I feel like the fact that you need to defend someone in GS would make this fit better.

I think it would be better as a 2nd or 3rd case, not a last case. Although I suppose if the motive or whatever tied in with an overarching plotline, it could be a final case, but I think the fact that there's no (alive) villain means it wouldn't be that great of a last case. (...And I know there was no alive villain in 3-5, but they prolly won't bring back the Feys for GS5 xD)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Dick Gumshoe, at your service, Pal!

A murder takes place, the suspect is Von Karma's other daughter. The prosecutor ends up being Franziska. I'd be intrigued to see how Ziska would react to being forced to choose between her sister or her perfect record

Objector. 'Nuff Said.

I had a good idea for a case, based of PW:AA's 2nd case
but its based on an idea you play as a prosecutor in SOME levels.

*Shows cinematic part of the prosecutor running to the prosecutors office, when he's near the door, blood drops on his shoulder, he checks back, and sees someones arm hanging out an open window.*
You find the body, when you are quickly interupted by a new detective called Ricky (Gumshoe). You then proceed through the level, meeting the murdered persons 20 year old child. you finally find out the receptionist there killed your mentor, and you get them guilty.

oh yeah, looking at the 1st page, there are a lot of fans of VALVe.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee. ~Godot :godot:

SHADOW AND TRUCY!!!

One Idea that I had, is have the Vic and Defendant be entertainers at a wild west type park. During a draw, the vic and def shoot eachother, but the Def's gun is loaded with bullets instead of blanks. So rather than looking for a shooter, they're looking for who loaded the gun.
Thank's to Maggey for the Sig and Avatar

Pal!

My choice? A case set at a prison.

The victim would be either a guard or a prisoner, and Apollo n' Trucy (who would be visiting someone or something) could get stuck at the prison when it's locked down after the murder, so the first day of investigation would have an added sense of tension to it.

The main reason for doing it? You could have cameos by past murderers during the case; those that wouldn't have been executed that is. Thinking back over the five games to date, there's a few who would've been imprisoned instead...

I don't know if it's been said, but I've had one where Phoenix or Apollo had to defend someone involved in sports (Baseball, basketball, footbal, etc.) I'm surprised they haven't done something like this yet.

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

nekonohime wrote:
I don't know if it's been said, but I've had one where Phoenix or Apollo had to defend someone involved in sports (Baseball, basketball, footbal, etc.) I'm surprised they haven't done something like this yet.

This'd be great. A witness who is a commentator would be great, he has to say at some point, 'IT'S OUTTA THE PARK!'

For my idea, I have this idea for a murder set in a mansion. Trouble is it has lots of secret passageways and rooms and revolving bookcases, and it winds up to one conclusion: The killer is still in the house somewhere.

The Man With The Lethal Pencil

Hmm...I think if anything besides a murder case, for once I would like to see Phoenix & friends tackle a sex scandal case of a famous person or a Pink Panther type case
What we got here is...failure to communicate
Re: I'd like a case where...Topic%20Title

[/failure]

Quote:
I want a flashback case where Mia with Law Student Phoenix as her assistant defend a teenage Apollo. Because I want some defense attorney overload.

Or the exact opposite: Manfred von Karma and a 20-year-old Edgey defend Diego Armando.
[rant]

[/rant]

for all

You know what I want?

A case where no one dies.

How about that? Everyone is always a murderer.
If Justice is blind, then Truth shall lead. Together they will find Liberty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see you, from here!

Justice-Man wrote:
You know what I want?

Seconded. Give us a case that works like the first half of 3-2, but is actually an entire case.

My childhood right here

:larry: But death makes life fun!... wait...

[/failure]

Really, I think the murder cases are good. Case 3-2 (the 1st half) felt so much less dramatic, and my half-hour of examining random crap in the DeLite house felt so much less fulfilling, than, say, my six hours spent examining random crap in the Prosecutor's Office lot. DAMN YOU, SMALL NOTE!
[rant]

[/rant]

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

I'm loving some of these ideas!

GigaHand wrote:
I'd like a final case where the final, climactic piece of evidence is
Spoiler:
THE ATTORNEY'S BADGE!!

This really should happen.
Spoiler:
I mean, most of the time you're either getting mocked for showing it off or just flat out ignored when you present it, so the developers actually making it important that way would be a nice change.

Ms Objection wrote:
I'd really like a case with Edgeworth as the prosecutor, the psycho Kristoph Gavin as the defense attorney and Oldbag as a witness. But Oldbag would also fall in love for Gavin and become really divided. Maybe, it could be fun.

I would die to see this. Granted, there'd have to be even more continuity gymnastics to make it happen, but still...

Anyhow, if you really want a case you'll never forget...

Spoiler:
...make Oldbag the witness DEFENDANT! Oh yes, she'll tell you ALL about what happened that night! If you can make any sense out of it, more power to you! :karma:

Seriously, though, they could bring Gumshoe back in a dramatic way by making him the defendant in a case. They could maintain the suspense for a bit by not showing his name right away, but still make him recognizable enough where series veterans would probably be able to tell who it is. TELL me you don't want this as case 5-2!

Sorry if someone already made similar suggestions, I didn't read the whole thread!

Totally not my sig...

OBJECTION!

I second whoever said the attorney's badge should be evidence. It was kind of evidence in T&T (3-3) wasn't it?
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

It was important in 2-2. You had to show it to Hotti to get ANYWHERE with him.

I can see you, from here!

Apollo72 wrote:
It was important in 2-2. You had to show it to Hotti to get ANYWHERE with him.

Well, yeah. But that was just to get him to tell you stuff, it wasn't EVIDENCE.

My childhood right here

Neko Godot wrote:
The next day, the trial begins. The prosecutor on this case is a new one. She's being hailed as a 13 year old law genius and is the daughter of the head of the prosecutor's office.

Thats not at all what happened in Germany 13-14 years in the past! *coughfranziskacough*

The Law

I would like a case in which Oldbag dies. :godot:

My childhood right here

jahzara777 wrote:
I would like a case in which Oldbag dies. :godot:

Yes. And you play as Payne's brother, Maxwell Payne. He is the state appointed attorney. He purposely fails. Because everyone hates Oldfag Oldbag.

I would like a case where Dr. Hotti is put on Trial for harrassment & you have a choice to prove his innocence or guilt

Justice-Man wrote:
You know what I want?

ain't that like a Clue or Murder On The Orient Express type of case?

Gavin Bros. <3

Aurontsubaki wrote:
I would like a case where Dr. Hotti is put on Trial for harrassment & you have a choice to prove his innocence or guilt
I'd be at a loss when judgement came...
Nothing to see here...

Providing nothing important since 1993!

Many of these have probably already been said, and they're not good ideas, but here goes:

Spoiler: Idea 1
Apollo and Trucy go to Apollo's school reunion and see many people from Apollo's past, such as his old principal, the principal's secretary, his high school crush, the person who bullied him, his best friend, the loner, and a girl who loved Apollo. Some reuniting happens. Later on, a scream is heard, and Apollo and a few others run to where the screams come from - a closet. They find the body of Apollo's crush and Trucy, fainted. Trucy is arrested and taken away. About 15 minutes later, the body of the bully is found impaled on the school statue, and Apollo's bracelet is found in his hand. Apollo is also arrested for murder. The first part of the case is Phoenix and Thalassa (or possibly Maya, not sure). During this time, a lot of stuff is learnt about Apollo and his classmates, such as his crush becoming a stripper, and maybe a major part of Apollo's backstory such as maybe abuse in an orphanage or something, which motivates his need for justice. Phoenix figures out in court who the bully's murderer was, and Apollo is freed, and must work with Phoenix to get Trucy off the hook. It'd be interesting to see a vunerable Apollo through Phoenix's eyes.

Spoiler: Idea 2
Phoenix has gotten his attorney's badge back, and his first case is a man who was murdered when his house was set on fire. It's an all-court case, and Phoenix looks at the evidence and thinks it's pretty simple. Everything goes straightforwards until suddenly, the victim is dragged into the courtroom by bailiffs. The whole case turns on its head and it's revealed that the whole 'murder' was a scam to extract money from the man's brother. Phoenix becomes sad that his first case was a dud, which sets up a minor depression theme throughout the game due to his 'bad reputation'.

Idea 3:
Spoiler:
A man is shot dead in his apartment, and Edgeworth, Gumshoe and Kay have to investigate it. The investigation gets difficult, however, when a number of people come forwards as the killer, admitting they hated the man and wanted him dead. However, their stories are all contradictories. Edgeworth must distinguish truth from lies and piece together the correct testimonies to find the true killer.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I wanna see a case where sunflower seeds are somehow involved.

Idea 1: It could be that the defendant really likes them. The prosecution (probably Payne) builds its case on how since there are a bunch of sunflower seed shells at the crime scene, it must have been the defendant. Somehow you use them to prove that one of the witnesses actually planted them there to frame the defendant.

Idea 2: The victim really liked sunflower seeds and died from one that was poisoned. Or by choking on them.

Idea 3: Victor Kudo returns to throw sunflower seeds at people. :seeds:

Idea 4: The killer actually really likes sunflower seeds. Some empty seed shells are found near the crime scene that the detectives (probably Ema) missed. They're used as the final decisive evidence to win the case.

Idea 5: You find a bag of sunflower seeds and give it to someone who really likes them in exchange for information.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

My childhood right here

I got one in theme of "Turnabout and Goodbye".
Spoiler:
Defense Attorney X takes a murder case, seems simple enough. X gathers evidence and witnesses. It seems like you're solving the first case of the game. But then in the obligatory dinner scene, X finds his favorite food and, of course, eats all of it. The next day in the lobby, X doesn't feel too good, but shakes it off as nerves, since this'll be aired worldwide. Halfway through the court phase, you pass out. You wake up in a hospital with your friends, flowers, and a mysterious cell phone. Once everyone leaves, you get a call on the phone. You find out that your favorite food was poisoned with a slow acting poison of the person's own concoction. You have to get a guilty verdict for the defendant, and make it look real. No Furio Tigre-style defense. Throughout the case, you get slower physically and mentally. The rest of the case hasn't been decided yet.

OBJECTION!

That's a cool idea, I like it a lot.

OBJECTION!

I have an idea. It involves the Feys.

Spoiler: Don't Leave Me, My Precious Turnabout (spoilers for all games!)
Trucy is still thinking about her father and how he is gone until she remembers about something her daddy once saying about the Fey clan. So she goes there to meet up with Maya and Pearl for a channeling. When she arrives, she meets several other people also looking for channellings. Trucy goes inside to find the two, where she suddenly meets up with Pearl. They have a conversation, when the master home suddenly burst into flames!

The two make it out where they find Maya on the ground with a grazed arm. They get the police, only for Trucy to be arrested on the spot, as it turns out, she was the only one near the source of the fire when it had started and her fingerprints were found on the gun that was later found to be what shot Maya.

Shocked and furious, Apollo and Phoenix both take the case against Klavier AND Edgeworth, with two cases to solve: who shot Maya and caused the fire.

But, as it turns out, there are alot of grudges against the Fey family (why wouldn't there?)

A familiar face also appears as a witness from AAI: Kay Faraday, who is a rookie prosecutor now dating Edgeworth (Phoenix kinda makes a joke of this when he sees Edgeworth after seven years: "How the HECK you got a girlfriend?!" XD)

Image Dual Destinies has rekindled my love for this fandom.

I'm just writing this having seen little of what's actually written on this subject so far.

First Case: Having successfully passing the Bar exam (again), Phoenix has a dream with Maya and talks about how hopeless he is while Turnabout Sisters ballade plays (What, he is). He wakes up and finds himself in a court lobby with his anxious client. He goes and defends against Kay Payne(as usual). He wins, naturally. Phoenix then goes overseas to study different types of law and his client eagerly wants to help him and goes along.

Second Case: Someone dies in the beginning shortly before we find out Apollo is actually a BIG Steel Samurai fan (what? I want him to have SOME uniqueness). Stuff happens, Trucy gets into Maya level trouble and Klavier makes a short appearance then instantly leaves before we see the new prosecutor Kay in court. She tries to look intelligent but lets out when Apollo does something. She gets along with Ema. She talks a bit about case 1-5 as well as Edgeworth with Apollo. At the end, Trucy and Apollo have a childish agrument about which of their shows are better.

Third Case: Filler case. We get a chance to warm up to Apollo and genuinely like him for his now developed-non-Phoenix personality. Him and Trucy also develop their relationship (no shippings). Familiar faces include Shoey, Maggey and a certain non-talkative artist.

Fourth Case: Last case with Phoenix and Maya before she goes back to her village and becomes the Kurian Master. First Case length. Edgeworth is the prosecutor. Pearl and Kay (as Edgeworth's aide) can also be seen.

Fifth Case: Apollo discovers something utterly dramatic about his past. Phoenix comes in with his new pupil to help for a bit. Trucy gets into more Maya Level trouble and Vera and Lamiroir return as well as Maya (and maybe Pearly?). Some super prosecutor comes and does damage to Apollo. He is not the killer though and is connected with Apollo somehow. Trucy gets a crying sprite.
I also think that Franzy should at least appear one time (it's just not the same without her :franny: ).

I leave the rest to the creators.

Last edited by Nobodyknowsme021 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The miracle finally happen...

shadowofedgeworth wrote:
Seriously, though, they could bring Gumshoe back in a dramatic way by making him the defendant in a case. They could maintain the suspense for a bit by not showing his name right away, but still make him recognizable enough where series veterans would probably be able to tell who it is. TELL me you don't want this as case 5-2!

Better yet..... he could be Ema's mentor! =D Dick Gumshoe, Chief Detective :gymshoe:

Komikero

Personally, I'd like to see a serial killer case, something along the lines of either Jack the Ripper ("bad" serial killer) or Dexter Morgan ("good" serial killer). The only time serial murders was brought up in the AA series was with Joe Darke and SL-9 (I don't think Dahlia's murders really count as such, do you?) and I'd like to see how this is handled. Heck, it might even be a crucial case that could show some sort of flaw in the Jurist System or something (IF this is going to be an Apollo game).

Also, this is mostly just wishful thinking on my part, but maybe they could involve Assassins again. Only, a different sort of Assassin, and not the Shelly de Killer type, if you know what I mean. ;)

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

I wanted to have this scene in a game where we get some of Apollo's backstory.

Phoenix : So what motivated you to become a lawyer?
Apollo : ......I'd rather not talk about it.
Phoenix : ......did something happen? Come on, tell me.
Apollo : ...
Phoenix : Well if you'd rather not I can't force you. *leaves*
Apollo : It happened 10 years ago...
*Phoenix reappears*
Apollo : I witnessed a murder 10 years ago. I was forced to testify in court. I knew everything that happened, I knew the truth. That day of the trial, everyone from the orphanage came to cheer me on. Then it began. I stood on the witness stand, confident as usual. I told them everything I knew in full detail. I was proud of myself. Then suddenly, I heard "OBJECTION". I began to tremble. "You're a liar" the defence shouted. And somehow, they managed to prove it. But I kept on persisting ; I knew the real truth. But I didn't win. I looked up towards the crowd. Everyone was staring angrily at me. Everyone. The defendant was declared innocent, and a murderer was let free. But it got worse. When I returned to the orphanage, no-one spoke to me ; they all gave me the cold shoulder. They refused to play with me ; everyone casted dirty looks at me. That day I lost everything : my friends, the people who cared about me, my confidence, even myself. The next day, some kids grabbed me by my collar and pinned me to a wall. I couldn't move. In their hands they held a pot of glue. They stuck two strands of my hair up. Two "horns" as they put it. I couldn't remove the glue for days, and in the end, I just left it. I endured many more years of torture after that. Years which I will never forget. That's why I became a lawyer. That's why I gel my hair this way. So whenever I look at myself in the mirror I'm reminded of what happened to me 10 years ago. I'm reminded that there should always be someone that must pursue the truth, no matter what.

This has been in my head for months, I'm glad I could finally share it with everyone.

Komikero

Zekrom025 wrote:
I wanted to have this scene in a game where we get some of Apollo's backstory.

Phoenix : So what motivated you to become a lawyer?
Apollo : ......I'd rather not talk about it.
Phoenix : ......did something happen? Come on, tell me.
Apollo : ...
Phoenix : Well if you'd rather not I can't force you. *leaves*
Apollo : It happened 10 years ago...
*Phoenix reappears*
Apollo : I witnessed a murder 10 years ago. I was forced to testify in court. I knew everything that happened, I knew the truth. That day of the trial, everyone from the orphanage came to cheer me on. Then it began. I stood on the witness stand, confident as usual. I told them everything I knew in full detail. I was proud of myself. Then suddenly, I heard "OBJECTION". I began to tremble. "You're a liar" the defence shouted. And somehow, they managed to prove it. But I kept on persisting ; I knew the real truth. But I didn't win. I looked up towards the crowd. Everyone was staring angrily at me. Everyone. The defendant was declared innocent, and a murderer was let free. But it got worse. When I returned to the orphanage, no-one spoke to me ; they all gave me the cold shoulder. They refused to play with me ; everyone casted dirty looks at me. That day I lost everything : my friends, the people who cared about me, my confidence, even myself. The next day, some kids grabbed me by my collar and pinned me to a wall. I couldn't move. In their hands they held a pot of glue. They stuck two strands of my hair up. Two "horns" as they put it. I couldn't remove the glue for days, and in the end, I just left it. I endured many more years of torture after that. Years which I will never forget. That's why I became a lawyer. That's why I gel my hair this way. So whenever I look at myself in the mirror I'm reminded of what happened to me 10 years ago. I'm reminded that there should always be someone that must pursue the truth, no matter what.

This has been in my head for months, I'm glad I could finally share it with everyone.

A bit cliche, but not bad. I can actually see Capcom pulling off something similar to this. You know how they like to add dramatic flashbacks with equally dramatic reminiscence themes.

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

I personally think that this kind of story would more likely give Apollo a distaste for defense attorneys and make him want to become a prosecutor.

Komikero

Jozerick wrote:
I personally think that this kind of story would more likely give Apollo a distaste for defense attorneys and make him want to become a prosecutor.

Then the story could just be changed so it ends up with the prosecutor letting the murderer off the hook instead.

Yeah I guess it still needs some work :oops:

I always imagined there was a deeper meaning to Apollo's hair, not just a random style or the whole "it looks like a V for Victory" statement. :odoroki:

Gettin' Old!

Then Phoenix flashbacks going "I certainly know what it's like to have everyone turn against you"...in fact the childhood story for both of them is surprisingly similar, just Apollo's occurs in a more serious setting than a school mock trial.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

OBJECTION!

Thats a good backstory for Apollo, I can imagine something like that in the game. :) I like it. Maybe the prosecutor got the murderer off the hook.
Page 9 of 10 [ 374 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps