Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 3 of 3[ 92 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: Gameplay improvement ideas for future Ace Attorney gamesTopic%20Title

Perpetual Prosecutor

shadowofedgeworth wrote:
What I would most love to see is not a brand new mode or feature at all, but a simple refinement to what's already there: include a hint button for investigations. As things stand now, if you neglect to present even ONE piece of relevant evidence to someone, or if you miss ANYTHING crucial in a particular area, the game's progression grinds to a total halt (the chances of this occurring increase exponentially when presenting character profiles is allowed, which they may bring back for GS5). This leaves the player wandering aimlessly around, trying to figure out what they didn't do until they're almost literally pulling their hair out in frustration. A hint button would make the play experience much more smooth and enjoyable, because trust me, no one LIKES agonizing over what the ONE thing is that they forgot.

Or at least, I don't.

Good idea. The hint should be talking to your aide of the moment, which could bring up fun stuff when, for example, you're partnered with Franziska. When Phoenix is alone, he'll ramble to himself. :edgy:

Call me Ishmael.

- The player should be able to move around more freely.
- A notebook feature would be cool.
- I want moar puzzles, and a hint system.
- The cases should be less linear. I'm not saying that there should be 18 ways to finish the case but you should be able to solve it your own way. For example, in 1-2 you can choose to ask either Grossberg or April where Bluecorp is. I'd like to see more of that.
- It should be possible to get a game over during the investigation scenes too. Your mentor fires you? Sure. A Blue Badger figure falls over you so that you die? Sure. The policemen won't allow you to investigate? Sure.
- Things I'd like to see return: presenting profiles and the Logic Mode.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Miles Edgeworth is something else

What makes GS so awesome are their characters.

I'd like to play cases involving:
- Phoenix :phoenix: X :edgy: Edgeworth (always epic)
- Diego Armando :godot: X :edgeworth: Edgeworth (coffee X tea)
- Kristoph Gavin :garyuu: X :edgeworth: Edgeworth (similar mannerisms, different hearts)
- Apollo :odoroki: X :franny: Franziska (it could be interesting)

Choosing between playing as the prosecutor or as the defense attorney would be great.

Different endings are also a good idea.

PHOENIX WRIGHT MUST HAVE HIS BADGE BACK!!!

OBJECTION! That was... objectionable!

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Ms Objection wrote:
What makes GS so awesome are their characters.

I'd like to play cases involving:
- Phoenix :phoenix: X :edgy: Edgeworth (always epic)
- Diego Armando :godot: X :edgeworth: Edgeworth (coffee X tea)
- Kristoph Gavin :garyuu: X :edgeworth: Edgeworth (similar mannerisms, different hearts)
- Apollo :odoroki: X :franny: Franziska (it could be interesting)]

:udgy:

:lana:

:yogi:

Totally not my sig...

Godot For Life

Marche Tobaye wrote:
- The player should be able to move around more freely.
- A notebook feature would be cool.
- I want moar puzzles, and a hint system.
- The cases should be less linear. I'm not saying that there should be 18 ways to finish the case but you should be able to solve it your own way. For example, in 1-2 you can choose to ask either Grossberg or April where Bluecorp is. I'd like to see more of that.
- It should be possible to get a game over during the investigation scenes too. Your mentor fires you? Sure. A Blue Badger figure falls over you so that you die? Sure. The policemen won't allow you to investigate? Sure.
- Things I'd like to see return: presenting profiles and the Logic Mode.

Ya a notebook feature would be great.

I don't know if this would be called a gameplay improvement idea, really, but it would really help streamline investigations if we knew when we were done in an area. 4-4's Mason System got it right with that super-large tick, but all that's really required in normal investigation is just a "I guess we're done here" or "I need to investigate so-and-so now!" It happens sometimes, but not always, and it's mostly around that time when we all end up wandering around for hours and hours because we forgot to present one little thing.

Say what now, pal?

I think it'd be really nifty if they expanded upon the perceive system so that you could use it outside of court. Since Apollo's probably gotten used to using his power maybe it would grow stronger? Then it would sorta function like the magatama system and help you discover people's secret's during the investigation phase.

I also think they need to shake the court system up a bit. Sure the perceive function spiced things up a bit, but in the end the gameplay is still pretty much the same from the first game. I'd like it if they somehow worked in the Jurist system into court somehow. Like maybe on top of proving your client's innocence, you have to convince jury members to side with your theory of the events.

Other than that, I'd just like to see more stuff that makes use of the DS' touch screen capabilities.

justice is always wright ;)

since i lack at creativity,my ideas will be combinations :yogi:

if we combine the gameplay of AAI and the courtroom where your invistigations are like AAI and you'd still have the epic court showdowns,i'll admit that invistigating in the Ace Attorney games was a bit not enjoyable that i wanted to skip to the court,but with invistigations like AAI's,it should fill that hole and make the game closer to being perfect :franny:

also combining of many special powers

Spoiler: magatma,perceave and logic and case 4-4
when edgeworth returns he should be able to use logic during court should you be able to play as him.

and apollo justice and phoenix wright should be able to combine their magatma and braclet where as if either phoenix faces an unbreakable black phsycke lock(s) or he doesn't have evidence for the current phsycke lock,apollo would be able to perceave the nervous habit to break a lock and phoenix would continue with presenting evidence and maybe apollo would have to perceave more than once.

also edgeworth's logic would be a great addition,you are able to use the magatma-perceave teamwork to break a few locks and get a bit of info but yet to reveal the whole truth,then miles edgeworth would be able to use his logic to connect what they have learned from the person that hid the truth and use it against him during the phsyck lock to make new info that breaks yet another lock,no one would be able to hide the truth from the team of wright,apollo and edgeworth

:phoenix: :edgy: :odoroki:

Call me Ishmael.

I was checking a thread here and wildweasel suggested that you should be able to choose whether to "charm" or "frighten" the witness (something like that, a great idea IMO!).

This gave me a similar idea.

Let's say that there is a life bar that shows what the jurists think of you. The main character has backed up his theory with evidence but the prosecutor notices one hole in it, which the judge asks you to explain. You get three options. If you choose, say, the one in the middle you get two other options - how to make your argument - in a "charming" way or an "intimidating" way. Both can be good at different times. If you pick the wrong option, a part of the life bar explodes.

Thoughts?
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

justice is always wright ;)

Marche Tobaye wrote:
I was checking a thread here and wildweasel suggested that you should be able to choose whether to "charm" or "frighten" the witness (something like that, a great idea IMO!).

This gave me a similar idea.

Let's say that there is a life bar that shows what the jurists think of you. The main character has backed up his theory with evidence but the prosecutor notices one hole in it, which the judge asks you to explain. You get three options. If you choose, say, the one in the middle you get two other options - how to make your argument - in a "charming" way or an "intimidating" way. Both can be good at different times. If you pick the wrong option, a part of the life bar explodes.

Thoughts?

that could really work out well.

and how much life bar you have left,show's by how many votes did you win the trial.

I Second That Objection

Gosh, a Sound Test for sure. AA has amazing music, and I'd love to hear it on good quality without sound effects. Also, the possibility to close the DS and the music still plays, so you can use it as an actual player.

I like the idea of non-linear cases and achievements.

Achievement idea:
- Walking Encyclopedia: Unlock every possible quote and conversation in the game. This includes pressing every statement, showing every evidence to the people you question, and going through every option on multiple-choice questions.

The Deliveryman is a ninja.

I'm surprised no one sugguested using franzy's whip to beat the evidence/testimony out of someone. OR maybe just get a hint? do what you want, that's my 2 cents.
Sir Toby Belch: Is it possible?
Fabian: If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction.
—William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, Act 3, Scene IV
Page 3 of 3 [ 92 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps