Page 1 of 4[ 125 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Stuff you want to return from PW to AJ2Topic%20Title

Perfect whine record

Assuming there's going to be a AJ2.

Anyway:

-Presenting profiles, I always found in fun showing everyone to everyone
-Psyche Locks. Just have Phoenix give his one to Apollo or something
-Three day cases (from the first game). Less long-boring court sessions, less long boring investigations. (I'm not saying the cases are boring, it's just that sometimes court/investigating takes so long it gets dull)
-The Feys. Not as major characters just have Maya/Pearl pop up somewhere. Maybe Phoenix could invite them over to Trucy's first show.. or something?

And that's about it.
Re: Stuff you want to return from PW to AJ2Topic%20Title

A beautiful world indeed.

Actually, I'm going to list stuff that I don't want to return.

The Feys or any other major character besides the judge. Minor characters can return, but I don't want to see Edgeworth, Franzy, Larry, Gumshoe, etc. come back. They already have enough spotlight and character development from GS1-3 and Kenji. Let's bring back some other characters like Penny, Adrian, Jake, Ron, etc.

Phoenix. He took too much spotlight in the last game. Have him be mentioned and appear every now and then, but please focus on Apollo for this game.

Psyche Locks. We already had enough of this. Besides, it's not that good of a gameplay mechanic. It's just a way to bar the player from advancing the story at some times.

Now things that I would like to return are presenting profiles.

Call me Ishmael.

LyingColdly wrote:
-Three day cases (from the first game). Less long-boring court sessions, less long boring investigations. (I'm not saying the cases are boring, it's just that sometimes court/investigating takes so long it gets dull)

I second these two.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

The ability of presenting profiles must return. They can make court battles more interesting, and they make a different way of getting information off people. Besides, I've always had fun showing profiles to random people and asking them what they thought about a person. I find showing people their own profiles even more amusing.

I also would like to see Psyche-Lockes (or a similar mechanic) return. They make the investigation phases much more interesting.

Of course, I also want more characters from the original series (even if they just have a cameo)

Have you been "Experienced?"

I would like to see more movement, for example the Evidence room security tape or The gavinners concert.
also more fingerprinting and forensics.

I also thought it would be a neat idea to see Phoenix filling in as a prosecutor for Edgworth or something to return the favor :hobohodo:
"The bag is not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way."

Tornado of Souls wrote:
LyingColdly wrote:

I second these two.

And thirded.

I also would like some sort of psyche-lock part of the investigation. Having psyche-locks gives the investigations more direction. Without them, I just end up examining everything in every room, wondering if I missed some evidence and presenting every piece of evidence to every character who appears. Or the investigation sequences are way too easy, like in AA1 (not Rise from the Ashes, though).

I want to see a more adversarial prosecutor and more extreme personalities generally. Everyone in AJ was too mellow - the only "weird" people were the side characters like Brushel and Eldoon. Part of the fun of PW, and what got me hooked when all I had played were 1-1 and 2-1, were the ridiculous people. The game was still a little goofy in how it used subjects like magic as plot devices, but it's getting closer to a generic legal thriller that I could watch on TV. There really was very little that was "wacky" in 4-3 or 4-4 besides some of the character designs.

I'm ambivalent on more characters from the original games. While I almost universally like them better than the AJ characters, I think the juxtaposition of the characters that I know and love makes the new ones look worse. Also, if the writers are going to throw their personalities upside-down as in the flashback case in AJ, I'd rather not see them. WTF was with Gumshoe and Phoenix? That was made worse by the fact that it was intended to take place a month or so after T&T, and it was ridiculous to suggest that the characters would have changed so much in that period of time. Now, after 8 years, it would make sense for the characters to be different, but if they're going to be that different, why have them come back at all? I liked Phoenix for his goofiness and his internal thoughts. Without those characteristics, I really didn't care about his appearance in AJ. I also think the advent of AAI/GK will let me get my fix of the 2016-18 era characters so that I won't feel as much need to have them in AJ.

GANTALITY!

Edgeworth
Penny
Larry (I decided I like him now)
Gant
Shoe
Maggey
Gumshoe

I liked presenting profile too.

What would be a great addition, not returning thing, would be a choice if partner so it might change the game process and outcome a little if say you just use :minuki: or go running around with someone else, I dunno, :maggy: as a sidekick? Means lot of bad luck!

There we go.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

Perpetual Prosecutor

What I do NOT want is Apollo's assistant being accused of murder.

She can be held hostage or killed though... :karma:

Call me Ishmael.

- Presenting profiles.
- 3-day cases.
- Logic Mode (this is from AAI, but still, it would be great).
- Lana Skye.
- Challenge. It should be about as hard as T&T but not quite as hard as JFA. AJ was way to easy.

And this is a bit off-topic, but please, no more flashback trials! We've had enough of them.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Lynx wrote:
Tornado of Souls wrote:
LyingColdly wrote:

I second these two.

And thirded.

I fourthify these statements.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

''Ob la Di Ob La Da''

Everything/Not another Apollo Justice.
But, apart from that, um, why does everyone think that just because Apollo is the defence he need to have every single bit of limelight, an no phoenix wright characters are aloud in the game? Also, presenting profiles, and any prosecuter that isn't Klavier.

A beautiful world indeed.

dancingwattletree wrote:
But, apart from that, um, why does everyone think that just because Apollo is the defence he need to have every single bit of limelight?

We don't. He barely got any in GS4. We just want less of Phoenix, and more development of Apollo himself.

sig+avi made by krazykaro

godot!!!!!!
i wanna see godot!!!!!!
proud daughter of Romeo and krazykaro
brothers:Tap and Jaron sister:P!ATD
engaged to Donald Serrot

YAY!Mr Nick is on the phone!

-More than 2 different prosecutors in the whole game.
-Edgeworth!!
-Maya!!
-Presenting profiles.
-Psyche locks.
I hope i may lend this from Mr Edgeworth.

Perpetual Prosecutor

Marche Tobaye wrote:
- Presenting profiles.
- 3-day cases.
- Lana Skye.
- Challenge. It should be about as hard as T&T but not quite as hard as JFA. AJ was way to easy.

And this is a bit off-topic, but please, no more flashback trials! We've had enough of them.

:larry: Why no flashback trials?

Seriously though, I think they should return. And they should be even older, maybe in a case with connections centuries ago. That would be epic.

Call me Ishmael.

Akiak wrote:
Marche Tobaye wrote:
- Presenting profiles.
- 3-day cases.
- Lana Skye.

:larry: Why no flashback trials?

Seriously though, I think they should return. And they should be even older, maybe in a case with connections centuries ago. That would be epic.

Because they weren't that fun and they are also overused. Yeah sure they worked in T&T but do we really need them in every game?

Actually, I think I want AJ2 to have a similar plot to JFA - in other words, no past incidents or anything like that.

LyingColdly wrote:
Assuming there's going to be a AJ2.

Anyway:

ABSOLUTELY! :grey:
-Psyche Locks. Just have Phoenix give his one to Apollo or something
If Capcom will do this, I pretend a return of Maya and Pearl :sadshoe:
Well, this is very difficult...I don't think that will be necessary for the case progress :payne:
-The Feys. Not as major characters just have Maya/Pearl pop up somewhere. Maybe Phoenix could invite them over to Trucy's first show.. or something?
As I said up

And that's about it.

I will like also:

- a return of other AA characters (specially a lot from 1-5, Lana Skye, Jake Marshall, Angel Starr...and a possible Damon Gant's son/daughter :gant:)
- the return of the Steel Samurai (but not so much similar as 1-3 and 2-4)
- a homicide happened at where she works Lisa Basil :keiko: LOL

Ahh...Coffee...

I know a lot of people have been saying to return the Psyche-Locks, and I agree completely.
Without the psyche-locks, investigations are a lot more boring, while Psyche-Locks make it a bit more interesting.
Also, we still don't know much about those:
Spoiler: GS4
Black Locks!!!

Another famous wanted return are the Feys. I also agree to this matter.
First of all, we have no ideas where the Feys went off to, and it would be very great to see what happened to them!
Second of all, they have been with Phoenix for quite a long time, and in AJ Phoenix seems to have never mentioned about them at all. What's the deal with that?
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

Aspiring to Inspire

Meenyman wrote:
Also, we still don't know much about those:
Spoiler: GS4
Black Locks!!!

Another famous wanted return are the Feys. I also agree to this matter.
First of all, we have no ideas where the Feys went off to, and it would be very great to see what happened to them!

Aha, maybe someone has that Psyche-Lock but it needs to be broken! So they call on the Feys for help!
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage

^_^

Defenitely the feys and Edgy and franny. Oh and :shoe:
I also want it to be more challenging than AJ
I am a Phoenix/Maya shipper
I also support Fransizka/Edgeworth, Mia/Diego and Apollo/Vera.

OBJECTION!

I agree with you, I hope it is more challenging than AJ, and that they don't use themes like the Suspense theme so often, in AJ it was overused, and when it wasn't needed.
I want to find out about those
Spoiler:
badass BLACK LOCKS
too!
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

Psyche-locks (I say have Thalassa teach Apollo to use his ability to the same effect.)
Good last cases (Seriously, 4-4 sucked.)
More wacky characters (Then again, the only case that was lacking in them was 4-3. Wocky, Plum, Spark, Valant, and 4-3 had nearly zippo.)
grim_tales wrote:
that they don't use themes like the Suspense theme so often, in AJ it was overused, and when it wasn't needed.

Seconded. Seriously, it was used once when CORNERED would be much more fitting (the part where Apollo proved the shooter had to be able to see in 4-3).

OBJECTION!

A tutorial case (where Apollo and Phoenix kinda swap roles) if Nick retakes the bar sounds a pretty good idea actually.
I do want to see more of Apollo's story but I also can't help wondering if the line at the end of AJ was more than fanservice, it shows the writers must have been considering it.
That said, it doesnt mean I want Apollo pushed out in AJ2, quite the opposite.

I have nothing to add to my testimony.

Well, I'd like to see Apollo's "Perceive" system upgraded, and the ability of using it outside the courtroom. Maybe they could have him detect lies like a Psyche-Lock but instead of using a Magatama, he'd rely only on his skill of detecting nervous habits. Also, have Phoenix travel abroad and return on the last case (like in JFA for Edgeworth), create a true rival for Apollo in the prosecutor's office, and explore Apollo's past with more depth (We know very little of young Apollo).

OBJECTION!

Agree totally with all of that. I liked the psyche locks as they made investigations more interesting, otherwise they were a bit boring. I want to see Apollo's past explored much more as you say.
Using Apollo's ability outside of court is a good idea, Capcom may do that.

Audere est facere.

I agree with bringing the Psyche-locks back, but if they actually use Apollo's Perceive outside of the courtroom, then it'd be good not to bring them back. I'd also like to see the jurist system applied again, and definitely new, more interesting characters, especially the main prosecutor. Oh, and more forensics, too.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

The Shikikami Attorney

Character's and areas from the past PW's. Although the magatama coming back would be nice, I think it would be better if the bracelet would work outside of court, too.
I think I love Buizel too much? ... Nah XD

Humph.

How do you know if this is AJ2!? Maybe AJ isn't in here at all!!

Yeah, I'd like it to have Apollo's ability to come back, better Psyche-Locks (I mean literally, it was so bad in the last game) and if AAI counts, the investigation improved. Also, remixes of old tracks.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.
Bought an apartment at the Otaku.

OBJECTION!

I want to see Apollo's ability being used outside the courtroom, and psyche locks if possible. Also more background and development for Apollo.

Im the defense and I can see PSYCHOLOCKS

If Edgeworth isn't in GS5, PEOPLE ARE GONNA DIE. >:C

- Psyche Locks/Anything having to do with Kurain in general
- Characters from GS1-3. I just can't see them all abandoning Phoenix after his disbarral :\
- Actual exciting cases. D;
- This might not be one, but, I hope they give characters better backstories and are more in-depth with the cases like in GS1-3. I couldn't help but feel that they focused more on the characters' looks than the storyline itself. The awesome plot twists and quirky characters is why I love GS so much in the first place! AJ was a huge disappoint to me D;
- And last, but not least, explore more a bit on Apollo/Klavier's backstories. They were a bit flat, to tell you the truth :\

Kayworth Supporter

I want to see the Psyche Locks return..
I had to edit this post to ontopic cause I posted in wrong section :nick-sweat:

Perfect whine record

Oh I forgot one thing.

Those two-screen sized case drawings. You know, the ones you get once you've completed a case and try to replay it.

OBJECTION!

Good idea. I liked those too.

huge GS fan :D

i would like the feys returning :maya: :pearl: (even in a flashback about what happened to them)

edgey!!! lol

psyche locks returning
Spoiler:
black ones left me o.O what the??

and presenting profiles xD
"To trust or not to trust....i trust you will decide"

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
I agree, they shocked me too and I hope we see those cool BADASS black locks again. We're supposed to think they were broken in court right? But Nick always breaks the locks and he still has work to do in court so...

Spoiler: series spoilers
Am I the only one skeptical about them coming up with a decent explanation for the black psyche-locks? They're either going to pick something that should have been present in the other games (a REALLY BIG secret? Kristoph is somehow MORE EVIL than the other evil people, even though he seriously isn't?) or will do something like make the Gavins have spiritual power too. I like the fantastic elements in this game, but it would be too much to add more than just a few characters with magical abilities. I'm not saying there is no good explanation possible - there are plenty - but I don't expect Capcom to use any of those good explanations. They're really good at making lame explanations for things that they built up to (e.g. Celeste's suicide in 2-4, 3-5 only happening b/c Godot wanted to help save Maya rather than just burning Morgan's letter for Pearl).

OBJECTION!

I guess thats the danger if you build something up. They could just say the locks were broken in court or something but I hope not, thatd be really lame.

In 2-4:
Spoiler:
Why did Juan have to dress up as Matt to reveal Matt was a psychopath evil bastard (that was his secret right?) Why couldnt he do that as the Jammin Ninja?
Adrian made me very sad because I don't make friends very easily, and lock onto people sometimes :(

Sometimes the stories they come up with could be better eg
Spoiler:
It would have been better if Pearls had spelt MIA and not IAM as it makes Pearls look less stupid. In 3-5 I didnt want Pearls to help Morgan who was evil, we know Morgan didnt care about Pearls anyway :(

Oh great, now I sound as if I hate the Ace Attorney stories lol, theyre very good.

Overruled?

Regarding the Magatama, I can't see it being used in the next game unless Phoenix is the one using it. I highly doubt he'd ever give up something so important to him, as it was not only a gift from his closest friend, but Mia told him to take good care of it. I honestly would rather see a new investigation tool instead.

Perfect Prosecutor

I would like to see that all the cases are connected, like in T&T and AAI, cameos of PW characthers, like Gumshoe, the Feys, Larry, and maybe Godot :godot:
And also:
Spoiler: 4-4
The return of the Black Psychelocks, but you can break them
Spoiler: AJ
Phoenix has retaken the bar exam, and helps Apollo in his cases
Spoiler: 1-5
Gant! :gant:

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

I guess I do want the present profile, and maybe more plot twists. Also, a backstory for Polly, Gavin, and maybe Trucy will be a dot on my list... And another investigation tool? Don't we have the plaster and the luminol already?
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3
Page 1 of 4 [ 125 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps