Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 2[ 78 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Is GS5 purposely being delayed?Topic%20Title

-to collide with the franchise's 10th anniversary?

By the time it comes out in Japan, it will be 2011, which is the 10th anniversary for the series. I can't think of any other *viable* reason why GS5 has yet to arrive.
Re: Is GS5 purposely being delayed?Topic%20Title

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

It's certainly a possibility. Besides, if the game actually exists (that is, is being developed), it will be announced next year. So, it'll probably be released in 2011.

Now, if GS5 is the 10th Anniversary game, it'd better be worth the wait.

But I just can't shake the feeling that for the 10th Anniversary, Capcom will just re-release all games with, say, a new boxart or something.

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

ahhh thats a good point :wellington:

Probablies.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

If not, it's possible the delay is only due to Capcom wanting to spread out releases. It doesn't make sense for them to hype GS5 when they're still milking Kenji. But since Kenji will be a year old come Spring, chances are good we'll at least hear something by then.

I'm not sure I like the idea of making GS5 some kind of 10th anniversary special, because I want them to focus on Apollo, and celebrating the release of the first game might obligate them to focus more on Phoenix, Maya, Edgeworth etc.
ImageImage

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Croik wrote:
I'm not sure I like the idea of making GS5 some kind of 10th anniversary special, because I want them to focus on Apollo, and celebrating the release of the first game might obligate them to focus more on Phoenix, Maya, Edgeworth etc.

That's why I think they'll just re-release the games in special editions or something. Being honest, they can't make any more Phoenix games after beating him to a hobo in AJ. (Admit it, Polly haters, that "I'm considering re-doing the bar exam" from Phoenix was just fanservice.) What would they do, "Phoenix Wright: Histerical Hobo"?

Anyway, that's what I think. If GS5 releases in 2011, it won't be because of the 10th Anniversary. They are just keeping a schedule. Remember the last 2 original games (GS1-3 were all remakes of existing games), AJ and AAI, released with 2 years of diference inbetween their Japanese release dates (GS4: 2007 - AAI: 2009 - GS5: 2011, probably).

Now, I'm not saying to ditch Apollo and make the series about Phoenix again. But if GS5 were to be released in 2011, it would commerate the event.

Released on the 10th anniversary or not, I won't be surprised if the old cast aside Phoenix and Ema appear in some form. I hope they would still be able to focus on Apollo along with old characters making cameos and having minor roles.

A game shouldn't be made around a date. You can't make a game specifically revolving around the anniversary of the series. It would end up looking forced and poorly thought up.

It would be sad if part of GS5's plot (let alone al of it) related to the 10th anniversary. So no commemoration, please. Just release "GS1 10th Anniversary Edition." Or maybe the whole GS series.

I'm not saying for it only to be made in 2011 and only for the 10th anniversary. >> It doesn't have to revolve around the 10th anniversary either.

I'm simply suggesting that it might be released in 2011 to boost sales and celebrate the 10th anniversary with a new main series game out. That is all.

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

DeMatador wrote:
Admit it, Polly haters, that "I'm considering re-doing the bar exam" from Phoenix was just fanservice.

I'm not so sure, it would be a good premise for a tutorial case, Phoenix and Apollo switching roles so Phoenix can shake off the cobwebs of his lawyering skillz, and IMO a trial would also be a decent premise to take him out of the picture frequently. After all, Mia didn't appear every two seconds (unless it was 1-1, 3-1, or 3-4, the premise being she's dead), and the premise for Phoenix's frequent absence in AJ was his "secret mission" (though it wasn't nearly as frequent).

Anyway, I don't think it's being delayed on purpose, but it will likely be released in late 2010/early 2011 considering the gaps between releases.

The Robert Downey Jr. Of Cookies

DeMatador wrote:
What would they do, "Phoenix Wright: Histerical Hobo"?

...I'd SO play that.

And now that you mention it, it would make a ton of sense for it to be delayed until the 10th anniversary.

As for cameos from old characters, I'd LOVE to see what Maya's been up to, and maybe Edgeworth, too. But I do think it should focus mostly on Polly, since he hasn't had enough development yet, and I'll admit to being rather fond of him.
WARNING: My dA may contain swearing, bad fanart, and gratuitous lesbianism.
BTW, GIVE GUMSHOE SOME GODDAMN MONEY, BITCHES

Moving on up!

I'd rather them not turn GS5 into a vehicle to let us know what has happened to all the old characters as a way to celebrate the franchise's tenth birthday. If they want to do something like that, they could just commission a manga to that sort of thing. Not the Capcom sanction doujin that came out, but something like the official manga. Of course, this is just my wishful thinking as something like that would probably take a lot of work.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

DeMatador wrote:
Anyway, that's what I think. If GS5 releases in 2011, it won't be because of the 10th Anniversary. They are just keeping a schedule. Remember the last 2 original games (GS1-3 were all remakes of existing games), AJ and AAI, released with 2 years of diference inbetween their Japanese release dates (GS4: 2007 - AAI: 2009 - GS5: 2011, probably).

Yeah, but that might be the reason Capcom decides to commission a GS5 in the first place, with an in-built marketing incentive. For example, GS4 was inspired to be commissioned due to the topical Jury thing in Japan.

More likely is yet another re-release of GS1. When's the DS successor? Going just on precedent, a version of the GS games could be made for it... but with 1-5 already, another bonus case on game 1 would be overkill.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

icer wrote:
More likely is yet another re-release of GS1. When's the DS successor? Going just on precedent, a version of the GS games could be made for it... but with 1-5 already, another bonus case on game 1 would be overkill.

...I smell a 2-5.

Overruled?

GigaHand wrote:
...I smell a 2-5.

I came. :gant:

Quote:
Admit it, Polly haters, that "I'm considering re-doing the bar exam" from Phoenix was just fanservice.

That would be terrible fan service if he doesn't do it. More like "fan dis-service", the kind where you have a bad meal at a restaurant, and the chef promises if you come tomorrow it'll be better, but instead of a good meal he farts in your face.

Quote:

No it wasn't. It was deliberate ambiguity.
Apart from their continual spiel about 'leaving things to the players' imagination' it keeps all their options open for future games if they make them.

GigaHand wrote:
...I smell a 2-5.

I don't, really, but it would be amazing. Franziska just left overseas, so I guess it would be Phoenix, Maya and Edgeworth. There isn't any real reason they couldn't have taken another case then, is there?
No Mike Meekins, please.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

Perpetual Prosecutor

I don't think it's going to be a re-release of the series. They've overdone that kind of thing, and the company would be called lazy if it were to happen.
In that case it would probably use the DSi's camera in some way.

What they could do to celebrate the series though is make a game centered around AJ, but with a few flashback cases of Phoenix in court, in the time span between T&T's 3-5 and his last case in AJ.

...or just make "Histerical Hobo" :yuusaku:

Surf's Up!

DeMatador wrote:
That's why I think they'll just re-release the games in special editions or something.

Wouldn't that make the WiiWare releases of PW 1-3, pointless?

Anyway, I'm sure that news on GS5 will surface a couple of months after AAI is released (maybe even at E3/TGS this year).

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Croik wrote:
If not, it's possible the delay is only due to Capcom wanting to spread out releases. It doesn't make sense for them to hype GS5 when they're still milking Kenji. But since Kenji will be a year old come Spring, chances are good we'll at least hear something by then.

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Anyway, I'm sure that news on GS5 will surface a couple of months after AAI is released (maybe even at E3/TGS this year).
I pray to God this is the case, but I'm not holding my breath too much. After all, I figured another reason for their keeping quiet about GS5 was because of Ghost Trick. It's being advertised as a 2010 release, and why would they effectively kill any attention for that title by talking up GS5? Of course, Ghost Trick could be delayed, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Ohhh, GS5. How I pine for you. The only thing keeping me afloat is the wonderful, better-than-I-ever-could-have-hoped pre-release coverage of Last Window.

Totally not my sig...

OBJECTION!

A 2-5 case would be amazing but I can't see it happening.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Humph.

PW2 was an epic fail during 2-1, 2-3, and 2-4. They'll release it soon.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.
Bought an apartment at the Otaku.

OBJECTION!

What do you mean? 2-4 is awesome.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

He's entitled to his opinion. Though I do agree with the notion that GS2 was below par. Poor Franny, 2 cases, and it was all just a setup for Edgy's return. Never mind that One of her cases, 2-3, was my least favorite in the series.

But yes, Kenji is being milked, and Takumi's working on his own game outside of the GS Universe; We've got a wait it seems until GS5.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

OBJECTION!

Of course he is entitled to his opinion - sorry.
2-3 drags on a bit for me too - especiallty since we know who the murderer is for a while. Moe's testimony is funny though :D

Humph.

In my eyes, 2-4 may be the best of the 3 cases I listed. I'm still retaining my opinion, I have the freedom to say something freely, but not what I want. Oh, well, this is allowed. And I agree with Wooster's opinion.

Anyway, I hope GS5 is better than GS23.
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.
Bought an apartment at the Otaku.

Squirtle!

2-3 gave me anger issues (stupid clown!!!). And yeah, they are milking kenji, because none of the earlier games had this much hype, there are at least 100 (couldn't resist a meme) trailers, and they even released a CD for the game, and even a special DSi.

Maybe the US will actually get some of the accesories for GS5 that GK got? It pisses me off that Japan gets all of the special bonus items and we just see the game. But that'll never happen, amiright?

If they release a game for the 10th aniversary, they might make a non-canon game or something to connect all of the characters, and make an anime speciel packaged with it, or manga, ect

Or they won't do anything for the 10aniv, and just release GS5. I doubt an Apollo Justice sequel, because I really don't see any room for expanding the story (they closed up the story) unlike the PW games, which were all connected via Kurian, and a certain spirit medium. And branch families. Which were connected in a certain game (I'm being vague, because spoilier tags are a pain)

But I could be totally wrong ^_^

nuuuuu, stoooooop

jonathanrp wrote:
I doubt an Apollo Justice sequel, because I really don't see any room for expanding the story (they closed up the story) unlike the PW games, which were all connected via Kurian, and a certain spirit medium.

Are you kidding? AJ left more room for future development than any of the PW games. We still know almost nothing about Apollo's past, what happened to his father, who injured Thalassa and sent her overseas, if Vera's childhood kidnapping has anything to do with anything--not to mention if the Jurist system is going to be instated permanently, if Phoenix really intends to retake the Bar, etc etc, and if the Black Locks were or were not broken. There's plenty of questions for them to answer in an AJ2.

After all, the first AA was meant to be one self contained game, and they milked two more games out of it. AJ should have no trouble.
ImageImage

Squirtle!

Oh, I forgot about Apollo's father, but that didn't really seem relevant (didn't he die in an accident?) but the plot of AJ didn't seem tied together as well as the other games: (AA was about Edgeworth) (GS2 didn't have much of a plot, except Edgeworth's return)
and GS3 was about Maya./Kurian.
But AJ wasn't tied together (except 4-1/4-4)
AJ was tied together by the stalking nature of Drew Misham.
This is my intreprepitation and least...

OBJECTION!

I agree with Croik, there's still lots of ends to be tied up.
OK it was SAID Apollo's dad "died" but maybe this isnt the case. We could see Nick retaking the bar, find out more about the cool black psychelocks, Thalassa, how Apollo and Trucy deal with their relationship, why Apollo chose to be an attorney, etc etc.

Squirtle!

Why Apollo chose to be an attorney?
Hm. I lose, that topic has yet to be explored.
Apollo's dad had better NOT come back after disappearing for 17 years, being in disguise and get murdered after setting a plot in motion.
I wouldn't mind seeing Edgeworth make a return somehow in GS5. Gumshoe HAS to come back (he's been in every Ace Attorney game in existance)
Just no Mia-esque killing off of Phoenix. Maybe they could get all of the characters back in the game (Maya Fey as the master, Pearl as.. hmm. No more Mike Meekins, however. OR Hickfield/Hotti/Whatever that guy is.) I suppose Phoenix could be a lawyer without being playable....
Why is it always me that gets things off topic?
Ugh. Anyway...
I wouldn't mind seeing some Kenji characters in GS5, that would be pretty sweet.
Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

OBJECTION!

I agree they shouldn't "do a Misty" with Apollo's father, that would be too predictable, IMO. Having said that, that twist in 3-5 was very sad and something I didnt expect. Poor Maya, so tragic :(
They shouldn't do a Misty with Lamiroir (sp?) either come to that.

Wrighting wrongs since 2009.

My headcanon is that Valant is Apollo's dad-- it's the facial similarities. There wasn't an awful lot of detail revealed about his death and I thought, "Hey, wasn't Misty meant to be 'assumed deceased,' too?"

Personally I'd love to see Phoenix and Apollo team up for GS5, with Phoenix in Trucy's role only a bit wiser (and more sarcastic) and Apollo shining in his own right. (And there's no reason they couldn't keep with continuity, if, say, Trucy/Maya/whomever made cameo appearances or needed a lawyer or what-not.)

Much as I love a lot of the cameo characters, I don't needneedneed them to enjoy the games, I've realised, because Capcom make great characters and I don't think the series loses anything with some new quirky personalities to interact with. I adore Adrian/Oldbag/The Butz, but I can be perfectly content not seeing them all the time and imagining they have their lives parallel to what's happening in-game. (I really thought I'd miss everyone from the first three in AJ and that as a result I'd loathe the game-- but I didn't. I just would have liked a fanservice mention of wtf Miles was up to given the fact that the last time he vanished it was kind of awful, but otherwise, yeah: people move around and change and life goes on.)

AJ left a HELL of a lot of room for sequels and other stuff to branch off from. I felt that the first game left a few points hanging, but seriously... AJ is practically, "Hey, look here, new game franchise."

I have a sneaking suspicion they won't include Phoenix, and that AJ was Capcom's kinder way of explaining his lack of a leading role and that Apollo's been handed the torch now. (Though I suspect there could be fanservice where Apollo casually mentions something about his great mentor Phoenix or something, and Trucy is still his sister and therefore connected to Mr. Wright.)

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
My headcanon is that Valant is Apollo's dad-- it's the facial similarities. There wasn't an awful lot of detail revealed about his death and I thought, "Hey, wasn't Misty meant to be 'assumed deceased,' too?"

Eh? Valant is still alive isn't he? Sure you ain't thinking of Zak?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Wrighting wrongs since 2009.

Pierre wrote:
Quote:

Eh? Valant is still alive isn't he? Sure you ain't thinking of Zak?

No, I'm not. :)

Hardly anything was said about Apollo's dad's death, and it struck me as hastily dealt with, leaving a ton of potential answers. (And the trope of someone not knowing who their parent who is presumed dead and turns out to be closer than they thought certainly isn't new...) and given that Thalassa was obviously around Valant back in those days... it's possible, is all I'm saying. :)

Gettin' Old!

Hmm I always assumed she joined the troupe with Apollo....other she seems a tad slutty now :yuusaku: Next we'll be told Magnifi had a kid with her as well.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

... no Pierre, just no.

Anyways, I would love to see some GK characters in GS5, esspically Badou, I like him.(even if I have no idea what he's like personality-wise. :yuusaku: But he has a lollipop!) I hope there is talk about it in E3 this year.
Now, the voice of Vex Vulper and head of the Ace Attorney Online Podcast (first episode coming soon)!

Squirtle!

Pierre wrote:
Hmm I always assumed she joined the troupe with Apollo....other she seems a tad slutty now :yuusaku: Next we'll be told Magnifi had a kid with her as well.

Erm... incest? What?
Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

spr fckn srs peepz

Croik wrote:

A special, no but they'll try to have product on the shelves as much as possible. See SF/Megaman anniversaries.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Never Gonna Give You Up

I agree, there's TONS to be done with a sequel. We got some very vague information the other day in that article from the Official Nintendo Magazine--there's something of a gag order on the sequel to AJ. This is a little bit of roundabout logic, but I feel like there wouldn't be a gag order on something they weren't planning on doing. I think the theory that it's being delayed in order to release it on or near the tenth anniversary is valid--the game likely will have little to do with the anniversary, but it's a great advertising tool! My brother and I think that they'll probably announce the game at the Tokyo Gameshow or something similar and then release it in 2011, especially since they no longer need to advertise for AAI as heavily.

Also, I hold that Damon Gant is Apollo's father. :damon: I HAS THE EVIDENCE.

As far as Phoenix retaking the bar exam, my hypothetical for how that comes about is more or less this: if he does become a lawyer again, he will probably do so in GS6, not GS5. I imagine it happening during a court scene where Apollo has reached the end of his rope and is about to throw in the towel when Phoenix barges in with his Bar certification, Franziska von Karma style. HAY GAIZ I PASSED THE BAR EXAM.

Just thoughts!

PHOENIX WILL BECOME A PROSECUTOR

You didn't see that coming.

Maybe it's taking a while because:

A. The 10th anniversary

and...

B. It's gonna be a damn awesome game.

6 cases instead of 5? Maybe we'll also get to see a bit more of...
:edgeworth:

Watch me as I gravitate...ahahaha

Page 1 of 2 [ 78 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps