Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

They officially admitted that AJ was a screw-upTopic%20Title

Capcom is pulling another DMC2.

Apollo Justice, while a great game on its own, let's admit, was a bad follow-up to Phoenix Wright 3.
Because of all the controversy, and the fact that they put themselves in a REALLY hard situation by the way they presented ended AJ (especially with the jury system), they just don't want to make a sequel, and will leave Apollo Justice alone.

That's why they made sort of a midquel, and now another one, Capcom wants to avoid AJ's continuity. And it might be a little early to say, but that's how one game can screw up the entire franchise forever.

There's no other logical explanation of them making a sequel to an already closed game, as opposed to one which has loose ends.
Re: They officially admitted that AJ was a screw-upTopic%20Title

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Now, where's the 'official' announcement you claimed was existing? To me, this sounds like Wild Mass Guessing... :nick: Nothing official about it.

Apollo sold well and, while splitting the fanbase, is not thought to be a bad game. Going by your logic, Nintendo, for example, would have never made the DS-Zelda games in the timeline of the highly controversial Wind Waker. (Which, by the way, was my favorite game in that series)

I think the more likely explanation is that Shu Takumi has just grown tired of the franchise and nobody dares to touch Phoenix or Apollo and make games with them, since they were explicite author avatars for Shu himself. Imagine what would happen if somebody picked them up and then, suddenly, Takumi went up to them and told them "You got Odoroki/Naruhodo all wrong! I feel offended!"

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

The new team still has many familiar characters, so I don't think it's a valid argument. In fact, they are much less out of character than in AJ.

Also, Wind Waker wasn't controvercial because of the story, but the gameplay. In the case of AJ, it was the opposite, which is a big difference.

Also, Nintendo isn't Capcom. I mean, just remember DMC2...

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I'm locking this topic. Feel free to make a new one if you've got a source to validate your claim.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps