Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 2 of 2[ 51 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: A poll for ApolloTopic%20Title

I definitely want to see Apollo and Trucy in GS5.

Hopefully Eldoon, the Kitakis, Lamiroir, Machi, and/or Vera will get the Will-Powers/Adrian-Andrews-treatment and have cameos as well.

What did he do this time...?

Smithee wrote:

Hopefully Eldoon, the Kitakis, Lamiroir, Machi, and/or Vera will get the Will-Powers/Adrian-Andrews-treatment and have cameos as well.

I thought Machi was in jail. And he wasn't coming out for quite awhile. :eh?:
Reminds me of what the creators said, something along the lines of: "We've added returning characters where they make sense and aren't rushed."
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

The King of All

I hope AA5 isn't going to have AAI like cameos.

I may break my 3DS if Phoenix only refers Apollo as "that kid in red".
The king of all, Sir Duke

Danchat wrote:
Smithee wrote:

Reminds me of what the creators said, something along the lines of: "We've added returning characters where they make sense and aren't rushed."

So was Adrian at the end of JFA, and then come T&T...

Vera would be especially plausible as a co-assistant for Apollo and Trucy, given her dependency issues and desire to make up for the forged evidence thing somehow.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Danchat wrote:
Smithee wrote:

That's cool that they said that; I hadn't heard that before.

the only characters that NEED to appear in my opinion are Trucy and Apollo. Those are the two that if they don't show up I will feel annoyed with the developers. I'd like to see some others come back, but they aren't NEEDED to control the games half-way "retcon" the same way Apollo and Trucy are.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

What did he do this time...?

Just to confirm what my source is...here you go: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/21/ace-attorney-5s-phoenix-wright-will-inherit-his-traits-from-apollo-justice-ace-attorney/
Quote:
Finally, the subject of returning characters is brought up. These were carefully selected by Eshiro, who says he considered characters that were not only very popular but also those who would fit into the story of Ace Attorney 5 without feeling awkward or forced.

ADA McCoy - I agree with you. Apollo and Trucy need to be in the game. Others, sure, just don't make it like AAI.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Danchat wrote:
Just to confirm what my source is...here you go: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/21/ace-attorney-5s-phoenix-wright-will-inherit-his-traits-from-apollo-justice-ace-attorney/
Quote:
Finally, the subject of returning characters is brought up. These were carefully selected by Eshiro, who says he considered characters that were not only very popular but also those who would fit into the story of Ace Attorney 5 without feeling awkward or forced.

ADA McCoy - I agree with you. Apollo and Trucy need to be in the game. Others, sure, just don't make it like AAI.

Oh yeah I remember that now.

And yeah, really the only people I feel could come back at all (aside from Apollo, Trucy, and Ema) are Klavier, Maya, Pearl, and Edgeworth, and none of them should have a lot of screen time. I wrote in another topic that
Quote:
if they wanted to do a Maya cameo without having to build her into the story, there could be a case where there were no witnesses and they couldn't get any leads, so Phoenix ends up going to an old friend who can channel the victim and they can get some answers.
So she has a big affect on the case but she isn't in it more than any other side character would be. With Edgeworth, probably a similar thing unless he becomes the prosecutor at one point which I kind of hope they don't do right now (maybe down the road in GS7 or something as a finale to the series).

I want tons of Apollo and Trucy though; at least as much as Pearl and Gumshoe get in the original trilogy. And I'd like Ema to be in it as well, although maybe not as the detective. I still think it could be cool to have Ema in the forensics department. So when Nick needs info he can worm a little bit out of the new detective and then get some unofficial news or forensic analysis data from Ema. It would shake up the traditional info-gathering format.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

I just don't see them completely abandoning Apollo. His story isn't over yet and I don't think the switch back to Phoenix means that Apollo is getting the shaft. Not to mention that he still has no idea that Lemiroir is his mother and Trucy is his sister, which I think will eventually be revealed to him at some point in the game, maybe at the end of the trilogy (assuming AJ started a new trilogy). It's even quite possible that we could still play as Apollo during some cases. Obviously, Phoenix's return is the main selling point of the game, but I do think Apollo will have some sort of role in the game (Phoenix did make a promise to watch over Apollo and Trucy after all).

TheIdioteque wrote:
I just don't see them completely abandoning Apollo. His story isn't over yet and I don't think the switch back to Phoenix means that Apollo is getting the shaft. Not to mention that he still has no idea that Lemiroir is his mother and Trucy is his sister, which I think will eventually be revealed to him at some point in the game, maybe at the end of the trilogy (assuming AJ started a new trilogy). It's even quite possible that we could still play as Apollo during some cases. Obviously, Phoenix's return is the main selling point of the game, but I do think Apollo will have some sort of role in the game (Phoenix did make a promise to watch over Apollo and Trucy after all).

I agree with you. I think Phoenix's return may have been simply a "rebirth"/energy boost that the franchise needed. Especially since in America it was called "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" until Apollo Justice came out. I bet a lot of people thought Apollo Justice was a spin-off in a similar way to what AAI was, a problem Japan didn't have because it was Gyakuten Saiban 4 over there. Not to mention a lot of people who did know the series who didn't like Apollo that much and wanted Phoenix back. So I think it's both a business and creative decision to return the series to where it was before. I'm sure Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney had an effect as well.

As for the trilogy aspect, If I was going to bet I would almost say that this game (GS5) is the start of a new trilogy, based on the fact that it's a different protagonist and that there are different people in the creative seat. I'd bet the franchise will look like this:
Original Trilogy (GS1-3) | GS4 | New Phoenix Trilogy (GS5-7)?
Although I doubt they'll stop making new games until they stop selling in Japan. Hopefully the sales of GS5 will prompt the others to come over here.

I really hope GS5 is not a start to another trilogy. Phoenix getting six games would be overkill. If anything, I hope GS4, GS5, and GS6 are a trilogy of their own. GS5 only taking place one year after GS4 seems to suggest that.

Auburnsun wrote:
I really hope GS5 is not a start to another trilogy. Phoenix getting six games would be overkill. If anything, I hope GS4, GS5, and GS6 are a trilogy of their own. GS5 only taking place one year after GS4 seems to suggest that.

I would prefer this as well, since it would mean greater story connections, but it seems like there are several factors hinting at this being a "clean break":

1. New Console
2. New Engine/Visual Aspect
3. Protagonist Change
4. Different Creative Team
5. Long break (in AA terms) since GS4 was released
6. Capcom attempting to revitalize the franchise out of Japan
7. Overall consensus that people like Phoenix better than Apollo.
(Note that the first 2 aren't indications of anything on their own but when added to the others it's just more reasons to look at it as a beginning rather than a middle.)
Don't get me wrong, I think it will come after Apollo and refernce it heavily/continue it's story, but I think this one is going to feature story arcs/introductions that will be more like GS1 than GS2.
Also, now that Takumi doesn't need to be involved for it to be made, I would almost see the "trilogys" disappearing and instead they just keep making new games. Hopefully they switch the character up after three games at the latest because I think that's all Phoenix can handle. Maybe the assistant will be the post-Phoenix protagonist.
Page 2 of 2 [ 51 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps