Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 3[ 112 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

New game, New look, New phoenix? *spoilers*Topic%20Title

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

OK we've finally been given a look at what GS5 is gonna be like with the whole new 3D look (like GS vs Layton)
but.......
Spoiler:
what do you guys think of the new look of phoenix?

Spoiler: the look
Ok, the old phoenix was iconic for the spiky hair and blue suit, and that was radically changed in AJ to hobo phoenix.
However GS5 which is one year after AJ features our favourite spiky headed lawyer with a more sophisticated look.
Now he has his jacket undone sporting a pale blue waist coat, and has a gold chain coming from his top pocket. Also he now sports a small lock of hair descending onto his forehead.

Spoiler: Speculation
Since it takes place only a year after AJ and its in the same universe, does that mean that we might see a cameo by apollo and trucy? Or for that matter any old characters? Or are they all new like Payne's younger brother?

Jeeeez i'm just to excited at this early stage.
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!
Re: New game, New look, New phoenix? *spoilers*Topic%20Title

I like his new look. He looks like has gained the ability to use the brain between his ears a bit more - hopefully, he'll also retain some of his laid back attitude from his hobo days. The vest is a nice touch; very reminiscent of Edgeworth - which means either it's an on-purpose reference because he won't appear or he will appear and somebody will mention their appearances starting to melt together.

Regarding Apollo and Trucy cameos, I hope they are minor or merely mentioned in passing - like Edgeworth was sort of, maybe, possibly mentioned in AJ. I didn't like those two very much, especially Trucy - but I disliked all the female sidekicks in any GS/GK game up to now. Particularly Kay and Trucy. With Pearl, they left the Maya-cloning so she wasn't that bad... except for that whole I-support-Maya-and-Nick thing.

Speaking of sidekicks, that new assistant. She looks... kinda gal-like. I hope she goes far away from Maya and won't reveal herself to have some mystic powers. Then again, considering that up-close shot of that moon earring of hers... I have a bad feeling about this...

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
I like his new look. He looks like has gained the ability to use the brain between his ears a bit more - hopefully, he'll also retain some of his laid back attitude from his hobo days. The vest is a nice touch; very reminiscent of Edgeworth.

Speaking of sidekicks, that new assistant. She looks... kinda gal-like. I hope she goes far away from Maya and won't reveal herself to have some mystic powers. Then again, considering that up-close shot of that moon earring of hers... I have a bad feeling about this...
C-A

I know what you mean, when i first saw it i thought he was nodding towards edgy's look, but i also thought the powdered colours were a little reminiscent of Kristoph gavin.

The new assistant has been reported to be far from maya in terms of personality and i doubt she is gonna be like Skye, Trucy or Kay. For some reason due to the use of yellow as her outfit, and her brown/red hair i think she's gonna be like Lynne from Ghost Trick.

As for the earing, i'm wondering whether phoenix just notices it and its gonna become a polt point rather than another AA universe "magical" truth finding device.
Although upon inspection it seems she's not just an assistant.
Spoiler: I spy
Is that an attorneys badge on the lovely lady's lapel?

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

zachariah Von-Karma wrote:

´
It is in fact an attorney badge or at least it could be one.
I mean it's not like a stain or so..

Holy crap, we have another attorney among us!

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Mary Faraday wrote:

´
It is in fact an attorney badge or at least it could be one.
I mean it's not like a stain or so..

Holy crap, we have another attorney among us!

So we now - possibly - have the second Female defense attorney in the whole AA series, and it only took..........hmmm a decade in the AA universe. REJOICE!

Komikero

So we now - possibly - have the second Female defense attorney in the whole AA series, and it only took..........hmmm a decade in the AA universe. REJOICE!

This post made me laugh.

Although, if the new girl does turn out to be another attorney, that's a pretty refreshing (and appropriate) change. I always thought it was weird that you'd have teenage spirit mediums and magicians accompanying you to murder investigations and trials. Having another lawyer is much more professional, which adds to the "grown-up" feel this game is trying to invoke. Nice.

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Komikero

Pitipiui wrote:
I bet she has some sort of power. :knock-knock:

I'm already seeing theories floating around that she could be another Gramarye.

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Well, there's certainly something there. Interesting turn of events.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Komikero

Bolt Storm wrote:

Well, there's certainly something there. Interesting turn of events.

She's definitely wearing an attorney's badge, that's for sure. Finally, we've got a more professional assistant.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

So now we have two children of Magicians turned Lawyer?
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

I strongly hope she has no ties to the gramaryes. however upon inspection of the evidence i hate to say, but it seens that our lovely new assistant might have something to do with the new expression system. as here i shall present what i have found.

Here we have thalassa gramarye, note the curled lock of hair in a crecent shape.

Her is the earring of our lovely new assistant (looks similar)

This i probably where the rumours that she is a graymarye stem from, however ther is also this next piece of evidence:

Note the gloved right hand of our new assistant, it also bears the crescent moon mark on it. Whether she is a graymarye or not is not important, however the glove looks quite technological and i foresee it either playing a part either as an i court expression mechanic, or as a tool used as part of a new investigation mechanic utilizing the 3d capabilities.

but thats just my theory.

Last edited by zachariah Von-Karma on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I definitely did not catch that little badge on her lapel. Assuming Apollo is still with the Wright (whatever we're calling it now) Agency, that could be three whole lawyers working for the office. Phoenix could have a legit Law Office!

I'm really liking Phoenix's new look. It's similar enough to his original outfit that it makes me feel a little nostalgic, and gives me hope that he'll be a little more like his old self. On the other hand, it's more mature and put together, which gives me hope that he'll keep some of his cool new maturity.

Also he looks hot.

Komikero

Wooster wrote:
So now we have two children of Magicians turned Lawyer?

Where was it confirmed that Yellow Girl actually is a Gramarye? That's just wild mass guessing for now, as far as I'm concerned. (Unless I missed a Japanese article saying so, in which case I'll apologize)

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Nope, I'm just pointing out how I can't see why they would need a Female Apollo. Conjecture true or not.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Komikero

Wooster wrote:
Nope, I'm just pointing out how I can't see why they would need a Female Apollo. Conjecture true or not.

Huh. True. I'm against the idea of "Yellow Girl is actually a Gramarye" anyway since it's hard to discern anything with so little available information at the moment. And it's a hypothesis based on appearance alone, to boot. Sure she looks like Trucy, but I'd rather not jump to any conclusions yet.

Beautiful_Blue wrote:
Assuming Apollo is still with the Wright (whatever we're calling it now) Agency, that could be three whole lawyers working for the office. Phoenix could have a legit Law Office!

That seems highly unlikely, because if this scenario does come to fruition that would mean that Phoenix is operating a law office where 3 of the employee's (assuming trucy becomes a secretary) are blood related, all with mystical powers.

i doubt capcom would let this happen, as it would mean having to bring Apollo and Trucy into 3D as well as including them into the story. (i hope not) Otherwise they will Somehow have to come up with an excuse as to where Apollo and Trucy have gone (on holiday with their mother maybe, after all phoenix said he'd introduce them when the time was right)
although a connection to Apollo might suggest why she's there, hmmmmm......

Beautiful_Blue wrote:
Assuming Apollo is still with the Wright (whatever we're calling it now) Agency, that could be three whole lawyers working for the office. Phoenix could have a legit Law Office!

That seems highly unlikely, because if this scenario does come to fruition that would mean that Phoenix is operating a law office where 3 of the employee's (assuming trucy becomes a secretary) are blood related, all with mystical powers.

i doubt capcom would let this happen, as it would mean having to bring Apollo and Trucy into 3D as well as including them into the story. (i hope not) Otherwise they will Somehow have to come up with an excuse as to where Apollo and Trucy have gone (on holiday with their mother maybe, after all phoenix said he'd introduce them when the time was right)
although a connection to Apollo might suggest why she's there, hmmmmm......

Oh, I wrote that assuming that Yellow Chick isn't a blood relative, just assuming that her badge meant she was a lawyer. And even if Apollo is on a long vacation, or working his own unrelated case- he could still technically be part of the law firm.

But about the assistant, I'm not sure I'm jumping on the Yellow chick is a Gramarye train. I mean her design is kind of similar, but it would seem like a weird choice to add another long lost relative. A long lost parent and a long lost sibling is really enough to deal with. A magically appearing third sibling would seem kind of out of place. I mean how many secret families could Thalassa possibly have?

It wouldn't make much sense, but I guess I'd prefer it than if they made her a whole new character with a whole new background involving lots of other new characters. At least this way it would fit in AA4's story, and we would be sure that we get a conclusion to the gramarye plot. Maybe not on this, only in the next one, if they plan to do a "gramarye trilogy" but yeah.

I'm also finding it pretty weird they're hiding her name. From screenshots and everything.

Wonrei wrote:
It wouldn't make much sense, but I guess I'd prefer it than if they made her a whole new character with a whole new background involving lots of other new characters. At least this way it would fit in AA4's story, and we would be sure that we get a conclusion to the gramarye plot. Maybe not on this, only in the next one, if they plan to do a "gramarye trilogy" but yeah.

I'm also finding it pretty weird they're hiding her name. From screenshots and everything.

I doubt it would be trucy as the new look seems as if she's given up on magic and also become a lawyer like her brother. And i hope Thalassa didnt have a second secret husband that got her pregnant and then left.

But wouldnt it be a twist if it was a skye relative, after all we had Lana as a prosecutor and Emma as a detective and their ages match Mia's and Maya's respectively. However we were given pearls aswell, but no Skye counterpart, and according to AA chronology Pearls would be a teen in the AJ era, so this new assistant might be the Skye equivilent of Pearls. which is why the name is withheld to add suprise to the reveal :will:

I fail to see how this chick somehow looks like a Gramarye or like Trucy.... actually, aside from that glove where her index and middle finger are covered, but not the other fingers (which makes me think perhaps there will be a piece of evidence that holds the fingerprint of the ring and little finger, but no others, making her suspicious?) I now cannot help but stare at that super sharp flip of hers.... that thing is a murder weapon.

And I thought they couldn't scare me with hair any worse than they did with Crescend...

And what's with this Gramary resolve? I think that was pretty much finished. Trucy says she doesn't want the name Gramarye (although she probably was listed as one for her first 8 years), she prefers to help Apollo, so she probably gave the rights to the magic tricks to Valant - who was gonna perform them soon, anyway - and the rest of the Gramarye are dead, except Thalassa who is waiting for the obligatory "I am your mother" plot to be done behind the curtains.

And ignoring my personal dislike of Maya, I really do not want her to return. As she said during the final parts of 3-5, she does not really want to have to do anything anymore with the Fey clan .... so maybe she is giving up on the title of Master, perhaps giving it to Pearl (who, if I remember correctly, has more spiritual power than Maya, anyway?) and decided to become part of the team called Constantly-Spitting-Out-Steel-Samurai-Spin-Offs.

C-A

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I'm one of those people who are guessing that his new assistant could be somehow connected to the Troupe Gramarye. I mean, look at her. It's so obvious that she could be one of their daughters or sibling or whatever.

It's obvious and yes, I'm still guessing it and I always will guess it.

This girl has a connection to Thalassa.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

The first picture I saw for this game, my second thought was "omg it's Trucy!" hahaha. I love her look. My love for her probably won't reach Maya levels, but she'll probably be up there with Kay.

And as she's an attorney too, maybe her special sidekick power will be "actually knowing about the law".

As for Nick, how could I NOT like his new look. I mean, his waistcoat, scha-WING!
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

.:looby:. wrote:
And as she's an attorney too, maybe her special sidekick power will be "actually knowing about the law".

Oh my god! An attorney who actually knows about law!? That'll be a first!! :ack:

C-A

CatMuto wrote:

Oh my god! An attorney who actually knows about law!? That'll be a first!! :ack:

C-A

Ooooh the sarcasm in that comment. :hobohodo:
Another shock twist:
What if she's a Nice Von Karma?

But seriously, i think the best thing to do is wait till more info is released before we tackle the ??? who is she and what link subject.

On another note, the photo of the "Mad bomber" (goin with that name) is wearing a police vest.
Does this mean that this game will deal with more corruption within the police force?

I love that Phoenix is going to be the main protaganist again. His new look looks great as well. I would have much preferred Maya to be the assistant, but a defense attorney would be a nice touch and would make her much more different from all the other assistants. One with a normal occupation would be a good change.

Mary Faraday wrote:
I'm one of those people who are guessing that his new assistant could be somehow connected to the Troupe Gramarye. I mean, look at her. It's so obvious that she could be one of their daughters or sibling or whatever.

It's obvious and yes, I'm still guessing it and I always will guess it.

This girl has a connection to Thalassa.

I hope not! The Gramaryes were a total copy of the Feys and I disliked them.

Beautiful_Blue wrote:
But about the assistant, I'm not sure I'm jumping on the Yellow chick is a Gramarye train. I mean her design is kind of similar, but it would seem like a weird choice to add another long lost relative. A long lost parent and a long lost sibling is really enough to deal with. A magically appearing third sibling would seem kind of out of place. I mean how many secret families could Thalassa possibly have?

I agree...It would be practically impossible, and I don't think it would be good for the plot or anything.

Gettin' Old!

I prefer Ceres' imagining of the GS4 Phoenix. Not sure I'm fond of his new look, looks unprofessional.

Though I think the yellow girl is an attorney in training under Phoenix's supervision. Her colour scheme looks vaguely like some kinda lawyer imagining of Lynne from Ghost Trick I think, with different hair.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Though I think the yellow girl is an attorney in training under Phoenix's supervision.

It could be interesting if it were kind of the the other way around too. Phoenix could be on some sort of probation since he's just gotten his badge back. She could be there to keep an eye on him or something. It could tie her in with the larger plot, which that interview insinuated had something to do with corruption in the system.

...Wild Mass Guessing is fun :edgy:

I HAS A GUN

Slightly off-topic, but shouldn't a mod edit this post now? Especially since it says read before posting.

EDIT: Forgot to say how badly I want to see Iris in this game. :phoenix:

It will probably be moved as the thread says "when more information is released." and there are two moderators; boltStorm and Wooster, who have commented on this thread and not said anything about needing to move it (as of yet) once more details become clear then it most likely shall be moved.

Also i'm hoping we see some old characters return, and iris is one of the wishful hopes XD

Phoenix on probation doesn't sound too farfetched. Wright loved to be an attorney, Kristoph knows this and he was a high member in the Bar Association (he voted against Nick's badge removal). Even though he's behind bar, Gavin could pull a few strings here and there to try and get rid of our protagonist's badge once again.

Well, Gavin had influence enough to get a comfortable life in his solitary cell .... but wouldn't his sentence for killing Smith be done? Granted, it took 5 years for Dahlia to finally get the chop .... But influence or not, would they really listen to a guy in prison for murder?

Or she's there to keep an eye on him, since for all we know, they know about the faked Ace card from 4-1 and the whole thing from 7 years ago. Just to check that his evidence is all proper and recorded and not-forged.

C-A

Quote:
would they really listen to a guy in prison for murder?

It doesn't have to be Kristoph, it could be someone under him. Of course, that person would have to be inside the Bar Association, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a real attorney. It can be a real one or an imposter. Gavin was a high officer in the Bar, so faking a badge shouldn't be of any trouble. Perhaps that person is someone Krissy defended in the past and wants him to return the favor?

Quote:
they know about the faked Ace card from 4-1

That would be a strong reason to have him on probation. Of course, fake or not, Kristoph was responsible in the end, but he made a fool out of the system and broke a rule, so probation isn't too farfetched.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

To me, the crescent symbols on her and the archery glove simply piece together to form one name: Artemis, as in the Greek goddess of the moon and hunting. The fact that she's also a lawyer mirrors Apollo, so she doesn't need to be a relative of his.

But now, I'm honestly too hyped with these pictures to think straight.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

(Sp)ace Detective

I see it now. A scene, much like the one in Professor Layton and the Unwound Future.

Maya and Phoenix get together again for the first time in years, to celebrate his getting his badge back.

She gives him a present.

It's a brand new vest.
Read my fic(s)!
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:
We have no dreams at all or interesting ones. We should learn to be awake the same way — not at all or in an interesting manner.

Gettin' Old!

KingRaptor wrote:
I see it now. A scene, much like the one in Professor Layton and the Unwound Future.

Maya and Phoenix get together again for the first time in years, to celebrate his getting his badge back.

She gives him a present.

It's a brand new vest.

And Edgeworth appears at the party and gives him a pocketwatch telling him he should appear more sophisticated and wish him luck in his new/old career.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
KingRaptor wrote:

She gives him a present.

It's a brand new vest.

And Edgeworth appears at the party and gives him a pocketwatch telling him he should appear more sophisticated and wish him luck in his new/old career.

Ahhhhh that'd be SO sweet ! But I'll be sad when it's not in the game so thanks =P

If they DO get Maya in the game, hope they get Pearl too.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Gettin' Old!

Pierre wrote:
KingRaptor wrote:

She gives him a present.

It's a brand new vest.

Ahhhhh that'd be SO sweet ! But I'll be sad when it's not in the game so thanks =P

If they DO get Maya in the game, hope they get Pearl too.

I'm just surprised Phoenix would invest in a pocket watch, doesn't seem like him so I figure it's a gift.

Also who's betting it's plot-relevant in someway?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

who made that smell?

Pierre wrote:
I'm just surprised Phoenix would invest in a pocket watch, doesn't seem like him so I figure it's a gift.

Also who's betting it's plot-relevant in someway?

Agreed. Could have something to do with PL VS PW. Like, a secret ending involving a pocket watch. Or a secret puzzle. Who bets I'm wrong?
I'm climbing the STEP-LADDER of success!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si_PcOFEze4

my friend fyn's minecraft series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW0sfyrzZlY

Komikero

Pocket watch? I thought it was Trucy's locket?

Page 1 of 3 [ 112 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps