Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 21 posts ]

Case finalie - A 3 way trial?Topic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Assuming the final case is 5, traditionally the final case has always had something different about it.

• GS1-4: Original Prosecutor
  • GS2-4: Guest Prosecutor
  • GS3-5: Guest Protaginist
  • GS4-4: Flash Back Trial

Now, hear me out on this. Ignoring Payne, we've got 3 confirmed prosecutors. Simon, Edgy, and Klavier.

And on the Defense, we've got Phoenix, Apollo... And Athena.

Granted, we've not seen her take the lead on the defense, but she does have some sprites in Mood Matrix that take a similar angle.

So does this mean a return to the 3-day trial with a game of musical lawyers? Or maybe we've got 3 murder trials with 3 suspects. Which would mean we'd need three judges and defense aids?

The three judges are easy to think of, especially with AAI2. But three defense aids? Trucy, Pearl, and Maya?

Spill your thoughts on the final case.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: Case finalie - A 3 way trial?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Mind blown if it plays out that way.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

100% whole grain, now with added fiber!

I got to admit the thought of Pearl as a defense aide again is pretty exciting. Mia in 3D, hell yeah! :will:
ImageImage

This doesn't sound that bad, but I rather think it would be a 2 way trial. Apollo + Trucy vs Simon and Phoenix + Athena vs. Edgeworth. I just don't think Klavier's role will be that big.

Call me James

If anything like this happens and they play it well, GS5-5 might just be the most epic thing in Ace Attorney history.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Considering the main surprise for the previous games - not counting 4-4 - was always Edgeworth, I'm guessing Edgeworth will play a big role in the final case. Probably be the prosecutor for that case.

That's all I can think of.

C-A

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

My guess is that the game will have 5 cases. Cases 1,4, and 5 will feature Phoenix as the "main" playable protagonist. Cases 2 and 3 will have Apollo as the "main" playable antagonist. Athena will become playable for certain parts throughout the game, maybe for one or two "Chapters" total. It's always possible Apollo will be playable in one chapter of case 5 as well, just for "Finale" sake.

On the prosecutor side, I think Payne will be the prosecutor for Case 1, Simon will be the prosecutor for Cases 2, 3, and 4, and Edgeworth will be the prosecutor for the final case. I think Klavier will be the prosecutor for PART of case 3, but I can't imagine they'd give him a whole case.

In terms of the legal aids, I'd say based on the stuff shown so far that Athena will be the assistand the majority of the game. I don't think we've seen Trucy in court in any of the screenshots, and I think Athena will be a more plausible assistant anyway so I think Trucy will now fall into the "Side-Character"/Not appearing in court category. As for Pearl (and possibly Maya, and I guess possibly Spirit Mia too), We don't know enough about their roles to really say if they will become assistants at some point, but my guess is that they will mainly be plot-related and Athena will still be the assistant 90% of the time. Athena is the big new character of this game so they are going to want to use her as much as they can.

This is all assuming that cases 2,3,4 and 5 are all 4-6 parts each. If Case 5 is actually "Bridge to the Turnabout"/"Rise from the Ashes" length, then they will have much more room to swap out characters when they see fit.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

ADA McCoy wrote:
If Case 5 is actually "Bridge to the Turnabout"/"Rise from the Ashes" length, then they will have much more room to swap out characters when they see fit.

Oh god, I hope they don't make it as long as Rise from the Ashes.
Nothing against the length of 3-5, that was never my problem with it, but Rise from the Ashes just dragged on and on and on way too long at times. Not as badly as the end of I-5, but still very boring.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:
If Case 5 is actually "Bridge to the Turnabout"/"Rise from the Ashes" length, then they will have much more room to swap out characters when they see fit.

Oh god, I hope they don't make it as long as Rise from the Ashes.
Nothing against the length of 3-5, that was never my problem with it, but Rise from the Ashes just dragged on and on and on way too long at times. Not as badly as the end of I-5, but still very boring.

C-A

I don't mind if it's long provided the material is good and suspenseful. Ideally that'd be the case for every case. In case this ends up the last AA game ever I'd be very happy with longer cases.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
I don't mind if it's long provided the material is good and suspenseful. Ideally that'd be the case for every case. In case this ends up the last AA game ever I'd be very happy with longer cases.

Exactly my point.
As long as the entire final part of the last case is interesting, can still keep us on our toes and guessing, it's good. And that was just not the case with Rise from the Ashes and I-5, simply because in both those cases we knew about halfway through who the real culprit was and getting them to break down just took too long and was pointless. I doubt anyone liked the filibuster like Testimony after Testimony at the end of I-5.
And, actually, even 3-5 wasn't very suspensful for the last part...

Spoiler: 3-5 Spoilers!
I mean, as soon as you figured out that Dahlia was channeling Maya and Maya began to testify, you basically knew who had actually attacked Dahlia/Misty and just had to wait until the final part to show who it was.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

I'm not going to get into an argument with you over this since it's just personal opinion. I hope you enjoy GS5's cases even if they are long.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Well we all hope for long, good cases. So until we see otherwise we can all hope for a long case.

Like Pierre said, this might be the last one we get. Because of that I'm hoping:
*The cases are long and high-quality
*The plot is well written and serves as both a return of Phoenix and a sequel to AJ
*The ending wraps up enough that it could be a series finale if it wanted to but leaves things open enough that there can be a GS6
*That the localization is decent and doesn't feel different from the tone of previous games.

As I've stated in other topics, so far all the GS games have had endings that would work well as series finales (except for 1-5 and GK1, where the writers couldn't really "end" anything since they knew what was coming after. Haven't played GK2 yet so can't comment there) so I'm not too worried about that.

I've started attempting to learn Japanese but as I understand it you need like decades of knowledge in order to properly play a GS game so I really hope GS6 gets brought over.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Quote:
So does this mean a return to the 3-day trial with a game of musical lawyers?

The first thing I came up with when I read this was a plot twist revealing that all the men we've seen so far are actually women cosplaying as them and the game is actually a musical. Of course, that would just be silly.

Then, I seriously considered an idea: perhaps the final case is two-part, as in across a period of three days of trial, we get to alternate roles between two protagonists - to complete that image of duality - working on different points of the case at the same time. After all, even 3-5 only brought in Edgy because Nick was taken out of commission. This has potential for the investigations to go awry in the worst senses, involving miscommunication, ill-timed interception, and general distrust, and would be ideal to fit the themes of this game.

I expect a guest defendant (maybe Blackjack), several guest appearances, and needless to say, the most suspenseful confrontation since the end of GS4. However, all this switching around can make the case somewhat disorganized at some points, if not proceeded carefully. (I felt that GK2-5 was a bit too disorganized of a case and was rushed to fit every loose end in the game into it, so hopefully the team has learned from their mistakes.)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I expect a guest defendant (maybe Blackjack), several guest appearances, and needless to say, the most suspenseful confrontation since the end of GS4.

That confrontation was suspenful?

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I expect a guest defendant (maybe Blackjack), several guest appearances, and needless to say, the most suspenseful confrontation since the end of GS4.

C-A

Suspense can be subjective. That's all I'm going to say about that.
Oh look, I'm a Decisive Witness now. Woo-hoo -.-
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Quote:
So does this mean a return to the 3-day trial with a game of musical lawyers?

The first thing I came up with when I read this was a plot twist revealing that all the men we've seen so far are actually women cosplaying as them and the game is actually a musical. Of course, that would just be silly.

Then, I seriously considered an idea: perhaps the final case is two-part, as in across a period of three days of trial, we get to alternate roles between two protagonists - to complete that image of duality - working on different points of the case at the same time. After all, even 3-5 only brought in Edgy because Nick was taken out of commission. This has potential for the investigations to go awry in the worst senses, involving miscommunication, ill-timed interception, and general distrust, and would be ideal to fit the themes of this game.

I expect a guest defendant (maybe Blackjack), several guest appearances, and needless to say, the most suspenseful confrontation since the end of GS4. However, all this switching around can make the case somewhat disorganized at some points, if not proceeded carefully. (I felt that GK2-5 was a bit too disorganized of a case and was rushed to fit every loose end in the game into it, so hopefully the team has learned from their mistakes.)

I like this idea. It could also work like the previous idea, with two related trails going on (near) simultaneously; one with Phoenix, one with Apollo. The outcome of one has effects on the proceedings of the other (which would give you a reason for why the game ends if you screw up either one), as the cases share some late evidence.
I'd better explain how that works. Imagine, there are two crime scenes, close to each other, but with seemingly unrelated crimes and unrelated suspects. The cases are tried independently of each other. But then an outrageous attorney (either one) brings to light that a piece of evidence from the other case is connected to this one. Presto, now the evidence is connected to both crimes, and they still have to try the two cases separately because the trials have already started (unorthodox, I know, but this is the AA world; they seem to care about bureaucracy to that amount there).
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Honestly, at this point I get the feeling that the game as a whole might have a good amount of shifting around the protagonist/antagonist role. I mean, in the latest screens for case 3 they're from Athena's POV, but then during the Mock Trial Apollo and Klavier are in court, plus Apollo's using his bracelet during one of Athena's investigations...

In any event, I would be very surprised if case 5 didn't have both Phoenix and Apollo playable for at least part. They might even bust out the double-prosecutor and do Phoenix/Apollo vs. Edgeworth/Klavier or something like that (though that does leave Simon without much to do, unless he's the defendant or something.)

Really Simon's the wild card in all this. With so many prosecutors running around, when does he get his time to shine? Then again this is the AAI team, and in AAI1 Lang was really only around for cases 3 and 5, and cases 1, 2, and 4 had completely different rivals.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

CatMuto wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

C-A

I dunno about you, but those black locks startled me quite a bit. I expected locks, but was disappointed that I couldn't break through them. That definitely blew out the suspense.

beterbomen wrote:
I like this idea. It could also work like the previous idea, with two related trails going on (near) simultaneously; one with Phoenix, one with Apollo. The outcome of one has effects on the proceedings of the other (which would give you a reason for why the game ends if you screw up either one), as the cases share some late evidence.

That's what I was hoping for too. It's an interesting option to increase the difficulty of a case. One character knows one thing, the other character knows another thing; but in the end, their knowledge somehow merges together. Players who don't take good notes may end up having some difficulty, though. There may be certain moments in which one character doesn't know something the other does, and that can lead the trial in a different direction. It should also be the case that brings Phoenix and Apollo back together, since happy endings are mandatory in these games.

On a tangent, I don't see Apollo working on a case by himself. He may start off as that after leaving Wright's offices, but someone's bound to join him. A protagonist's story isn't complete without a faithful sidekick.

Bolt Storm wrote:
In any event, I would be very surprised if case 5 didn't have both Phoenix and Apollo playable for at least part. They might even bust out the double-prosecutor and do Phoenix/Apollo vs. Edgeworth/Klavier or something like that (though that does leave Simon without much to do, unless he's the defendant or something.)

Well, I don't expect a team-vs-team match-up in court, but I can hope for corresponding rivals facing off in different courtrooms in the same episode. With two fierce rivalries clashing simultaneously, it's starting to sound like a shonen manga showdown archetype.

And you can add Athena in as another wild card. I'm sure she has some significant relation to Simon besides knowing his reputation.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The only sure thing I can bet on is that Blackquill's crime will be explored in the last trial. After all, you don't have a convicted criminal as a prosecutor and not explore why he was convicted, or at least why he could still prosecute while being a criminal. Perhaps he's even innocent in that respect, but that would be a side element of the trial. Maybe Athena is tied to Blackquill's trial, but without knowing more about the game or its characters, it's hard to predict much more than that.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

C-A

I dunno about you, but those black locks startled me quite a bit. I expected locks, but was disappointed that I couldn't break through them. That definitely blew out the suspense.

That bit was suspensful.... I guess. Not really... I thought with 'the end of GS4' the last day of the trial was meant. Which wasn't suspenful at all, you basically had to read a ton of exposition until you were told "Do you want a Good or a Bad Ending?" and pick your option.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

That bit was suspensful.... I guess. Not really... I thought with 'the end of GS4' the last day of the trial was meant. Which wasn't suspenful at all, you basically had to read a ton of exposition until you were told "Do you want a Good or a Bad Ending?" and pick your option.

C-A

I thought it was suspenseful... :Noodle-Salute:
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps