Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 2 of 2[ 51 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: What would you expect of a console version of AATopic%20Title

Apollon Flame

Adrian in black wrote:
Scent wrote:
Weren't the Gavins confirmed to have come from Germany? Other than that, I presume that was Nick just being prejudice.

It's possible, but to be honest, I haven't heard it confirmed one way or another (if it is, feel free to link me to the voice of god). All I know is that Klavier studied in Germany. I'm thinking that's where he picked up random phrases and words.

I personally don't see the Gavins as Americans, really. They're very tall, with blonde, straight and long hair. I see them more as Americanized Germans with Kristoph speaking normal English and Klavier with an accent, seeing as how his the younger and rebellious individual that likes to have an identity separate to that of his brother.

That's what I perceive from them.
A King

in name

alone...

You know, a Mario game!

Scent wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
Scent wrote:
Weren't the Gavins confirmed to have come from Germany? Other than that, I presume that was Nick just being prejudice.

It's possible, but to be honest, I haven't heard it confirmed one way or another (if it is, feel free to link me to the voice of god). All I know is that Klavier studied in Germany. I'm thinking that's where he picked up random phrases and words.

I personally don't see the Gavins as Americans, really. They're very tall, with blonde, straight and long hair. I see them more as Americanized Germans with Kristoph speaking normal English and Klavier with an accent, seeing as how his the younger and rebellious individual that likes to have an identity separate to that of his brother.

That's what I perceive from them.

Isn't that the way Americans are commonly depicted in Anime, with blonde hair? They usually do that so you can tell that they're not Japanese.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

Thats not exclusive to Americans I'd say. I think it's just to indicate 'Westerners'.

Also from what I know of the reason for that is because 'blonde' isn't really a common Japanese Hair colour so if someone has it it's probably inherited from a westerner.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Also from what I know of the reason for that is because 'blonde' isn't really a common Japanese Hair colour so if someone has it it's probably inherited from a westerner.

Obviously, pink, green and blue are more common.

...Aren't DS and 3DS consoles anyway?

Gettin' Old!

Sligneris wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Obviously, pink, green and blue are more common.

...Aren't DS and 3DS consoles anyway?

It's just more fashionable to dye your hair wacky colours in Shibuya it is it's own kind of fashion there.

An folks mean the home-consoles not handhelds. Though I probably wouldn't play it as much if it was a console-release. Unless it came on Wii-U and I could play it while watching TV.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Apollon Flame

I read somewhere that Japanese artists draw characters the way they would want to look, as in, you're chubby and suffer from acne, you'd draw a tall, tanned character with an athletic body. Dunno if it's true.
A King

in name

alone...

...Or you'd draw a character like that when you look like that. I see hardly any connection, other than making a character good-looking, which seems like a standard in the Japanese or even any other media, with several exceptions when they are designed to have scary/comedic/badass looks.

You create characters to fit storyline and your concept, not to fit your perfect image of yourself. I saw no exceptions, really.

Not only I do not see connection between that and author's personal appearance and life (really, I see what you described much more commonly in any RPG community) but I'm also not sure how it relates to the subject...

迷探偵

Scent wrote:
I read somewhere that Japanese artists draw characters the way they would want to look, as in, you're chubby and suffer from acne, you'd draw a tall, tanned character with an athletic body. Dunno if it's true.

Comes close to the argument some people make that characters from anime/manga/games look like Caucasians because the Japanese want to identify themselves with the West. I recommend reading Matt Thorn's excellent essay on 'the other' for more about that (http://www.matt-thorn.com/mangagaku/faceoftheother.html).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:
Scent wrote:

Comes close to the argument some people make that characters from anime/manga/games look like Caucasians because the Japanese want to identify themselves with the West. I recommend reading Matt Thorn's excellent essay on 'the other' for more about that (http://www.matt-thorn.com/mangagaku/faceoftheother.html).

Ash, I'm not so sure that's relevant, but it may just be my opinion... While we're on the subject, though, I think it comes down to a matter of interpretation. Unless they're stated or implied to be of a specific race, most manga characters I've seen lack a nationality or ethnicity that's applicable in our world, particularly thanks to the lack of stereotypical attributes. On an unrelated note, I'd consider everyone in the GS universe Japanese, but everyone in the AA universe weeaboos. Putting them together, if I may, I suppose that makes them unidentifiable.

Scent, where did you read that? I myself find it hard to believe.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

While I'm not always fond of certain character design choices in anime, I hardly think wish fulfillment is something exclusively Japanese.

I think I may have a brilliant idea. Alternative timelines, like ridiculous three-day trial rule, in handheld games. The actual timeline, like lay judges, for promising console games.

The three-day rule implicitly and indirectly played part of the plot in JFA Case 4. Edgeworth and Phoenix help the case speed up for two whole days. If the case was set in actual real-world timeline, the case would take longer, and... Franziska :franny: would.... somehow not get hurt and lose the case by Phoenix's persuasion on the witness... or there would be no kidnapping due to that 3-day rule (implicitly). Instead, the assassin would resort to only killing targets and emotionally extorting/blackmailing others for clients instead of kidnapping.

The GS1 Case 3 (murder at TV studio) would have been rewritten with longer days of a trial and lay judges. Same for Case 2 (murder of prominent defense attorney).

Case 4 (murder at the lake) would have taken a little longer with lay judges, and Phoenix... if not under pressure of 3-day rule, would have incriminate Von Karma at the trial twice.

T&T cases, like case 5, would be slightly rewritten with similar crime situations. Same for AJ and DD cases.
Page 2 of 2 [ 51 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps