Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 2[ 43 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Iris Gyakuten Saiban 5?Topic%20Title

Hmm I'm curious if they might bring back Iris from T&T as phoenix's love interest since he probably still has feelings for her? :ayame:
Re: Iris Gyakuten Saiban 5?Topic%20Title

I personally never noticed any feelings between them. Besides, it has been eight years since then and we already have a lot of old characters coming back.

I doubt it, but sadly I don't know everything.

Gettin' Old!

I'm not sure where the 'probably still has feelings for' is coming from. Surely he'd have mentioned her in AJ if that was the case.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I agree with Thane, it's been 8 years since. And even the ending scenes from GS3 didn't hint at much - the most they hinted at was lingering feelings of familiarity, brought on by remembering the time they spent together at the university.

And I kinda doubt - or at least would find it dumb - if they suddenly brought in a canon love interest for Phoenix and actually made them get together.

C-A

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

I imagine that they at least talked to each other after Iris got out of jail, but I doubt it went anywhere. I'd be surprised if she shows up at all, and even more so as a love interest for Phoenix.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

元・超会社員級の管理人

Movin' to the GS5 board.

I don't know if they'll bring Iris back, but I doubt it. She was very much a capstone of AA3's story; I don't think she'd fit in very well in AA5.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

State Alchemist

Bolt Storm wrote:
Movin' to the GS5 board.

I don't know if they'll bring Iris back, but I doubt it. She was very much a capstone of AA3's story; I don't think she'd fit in very well in AA5.

Yeah, I very much doubt it too. Especially if you consider that the story no longer revolves around the Fey Family. Sure Iris could have a cameo...
Spoiler:
But with Pearls already planning to appear (and hopefully Maya too) she might not have a space left for her to be all that significant.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Here are my thoughts on this:

My thoughts on the actual characters and how THEY feel and act about this.
I have no doubt Phoenix still keeps in touch with Iris. I'm sure he went to see her in jail, and if she was released I'm sure they at least keep in contact. I think they were in this really unique, serious situation with eachother and I think that would keep them checking up on eachother, even if just in a platonic way. I doubt Phoenix goes into detail about her or brings her up to anyone which accounts for Iris' absence in Apollo Justice. I think its also possible they have some kind of romantic relationship, but I would imagine it would be very complicated and wouldn't be anything as simple as a dating or marriage kind of thing. GS3 wrapped up all of their issues, though, and while they probably still have some kind of attraction to eachother/care for eachother/feel nostalgic about the time they spent together, it is probably ruined by Dahlia and all of the violence and death that went along with their situation so I think that ruined any chance of it being a normal, stable relationship.

My personal opinion on the issue
Frankly, I don't care one way or the other if she is mentioned or not or even if she is shown or not. I don't care about the characters relationships when they don't factor into the main plot, and the baggage around T&T makes me think any depiction of it being an actual relationship would get melodramatic or not make sense. On the other hand, it's the only canon romance Phoenix ever had, and if they're going to do a romance story I'd prefer it to be Iris over someone like Maya that has no real basis on the actual games or their plots.

What I think will actually happen
I almost guarantee Iris won't be seen, and I bet it's she's not going to be brought up. It's one of those plot points that adds something to the work its designed for but is a pain in the ass for further stories because of the issues it would bring up. Phoenix won't bring up Iris because then it has to explain they're relationship and how they've gotten over everything that happened and it would just add more explanation to what looks to be an already full story. It isn't important enough to be made a main plot point, and it shouldn't be, but it also can't just be added in there for fun.

So in conclusion, I think it's very unlikely that Phoenix wouldn't keep in contact with her but I almost guarantee she won't be involved in DD in any way. And I'm fine with that.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Gnobo wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
Movin' to the GS5 board.

Yeah, I very much doubt it too. Especially if you consider that the story no longer revolves around the Fey Family. Sure Iris could have a cameo...
Spoiler:
But with Pearls already planning to appear (and hopefully Maya too) she might not have a space left for her to be all that significant.

well iris is still part of the fey family maybe atleast she might be a cameo

Deputy of Self-Esteem

To the best of my knowledge, Iris hasn't shown up in any new media since GS3 GBA, with the exception of the Wii promotion art. Takumi also stated that if he was 'forced' to hitch some AA characters up, it'd be Maya and Phoenix, (After being egged on about Phoenix and Edgeworth).

Thinking back to GS3, Iris's significance, from a character construction standpoint, seemed to hinge on being the Anti-Dalilah. She became Phoenix's 'good' girl friend because Dalilah's relationship was based upon lies. Or to restate it, her connection to Phoenix was never thicker than Dalilah's was. She's like a 'means to an end' character, the scenario wrote her significance for her. Her character didn't pull the story any more than the contradictions demanded of her. I don't have high hopes for her to return.

Then again, prior to GS5's trailers I was sure that Apollo was abanonded. There hadn't been any non-series spanning new GS4 art or merch in a very long time. The art of the GS4 cast playing XBox at the concert was a shock, but an otherwise tumbleweed for the crew. I was pleased to be proven wrong that Apollo, Trucy and Klavier are back. So we'll see where we go from here.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Ace Sidekick!

My opinion is basically the same as everyone else...

However,

If Iris does return, I want her to develop as an individual character...In T&T her character development revolved around Phoenix and Dahlia.

Emiko Gale wrote:

However,

If Iris does return, I want her to develop as an individual character...In T&T her character development revolved around Phoenix and Dahlia.

maybe her character could revolve on her and pearls finally being a family together

Inspector Cabanela wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:

However,

maybe her character could revolve on her and pearls finally being a family together

I think there's WAY to much backstabbing and distrust in the family for the two sides to get along. Regardless of Iris' actual motives or feelings, Pearl no doubt doesn't look at Iris as a good person. I think it goes to Pearl's state of mind about 3-5, which is something that they probably should go into but probably won't because they'll probably make her character just an older version of her happy child self.

Spoiler: Trials and Tribulations Case 5
If i remember 3-5 correctly, Pearl's mother used Dahlia and Iris to try and trick Maya into thinking that she killed Misty Fey so Pearl would become head of Kurain village (or she was gonig to kill Maya and they didn't know Misty was there. Something like that.) So All this murder is happening for Pearl's sake, and even though she didn't ask for it she no doubt felt guilty about it. Putting aside the obvious trauma that she must have gone through in this event, she probably doesn't care about Iris' motives or feelings. In her mind she probably just sees Iris to be just as bad of a person as Dahlia and her mother. Not to mention she is the only child involved in this situation, which means her feelings and logic are not going to be the same as everyone else's. It also means she hasn't fully developed emotionally yet, which further makes this event traumatizing and confusing.

So basically I think she's probably tried to move on and repress a lot of what happened. My guess is if she even saw Iris her world would collapse or she would instantly hate her with all her being. So I don't think they will ever be able to be harmonious with eachother. But that's my analysis of it; the creators might just sweep 3-5 under the rug and just ignore the consequences of what happened.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Doubt it. Lack of relevancy in the story.

Whooop wrote:

well if it doesnt it wont bother me it just be considered "seen comming" for me

Whooop wrote:

Same could be said about Maya, if she were to appear.
Or Pearl. Up to now, all she looks like to be is a cameo for the older fans.
Far as we know, she serves no purpose in the plot or story.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Whooop wrote:

C-A

The difference is Maya and Pearl were both important characters who were in multiple games and are also generally loved by the fan base. Iris isn't that important in the long run and isn't particularly loved by fans so I doubt she'll appear.

ADA McCoy wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Whooop wrote:

C-A

The difference is Maya and Pearl were both important characters who were in multiple games and are also generally loved by the fan base. Iris isn't that important in the long run and isn't particularly loved by fans so I doubt she'll appear.

Since pearl is gonna appear im pretty sure maya will make a appearance as well

Highly doubting also Iris' appearance. Not unless a case in GS5 would involve the whole Kurain clan wars again (which I also doubt because it's pretty much closed in T&T). Iris is just a big plot device for T&T's final case. But then;

Spoiler:
I don't think Pearls would hate Iris to the bone. She never really openly commented that she hates anyone involved for that matter (she even really didn't openly stated that she hates her mother for the mess Morgan made, or Dahlia as the main culprit, and even Iris as the main accomplice). Pearls even didn't interact with Iris during the incident. Despite being a child, Pearls would understand things as long as someone explain the situation for her in words she can readily understand, like Phoenix always does to make her feel better. At some point, Phoenix would eventually explain that although Iris is involved, everything is circumstantial, and she simply wants to make it up for her sister Dahlia, eventually explaining that Iris isn't really a bad person.

It has shown numerous times actually that Pearls could somehow understand things in more detail. (well, except on the fact that Nick and Maya aren't lovers)

But I think she would indeed have guilt on herself because she knows she's the main goal of all of these killings (which is to position her as the next Kurain Master). I think the only thing she thinks what she needs to do is NOT to be a Master and support Maya all the way as an atonement. And again, she NEVER really stated that she hates anyone, but most probably hated herself.

And Iris is simply there as Dahlia's Yang (and Dahlia is the Yin to that regard). She only serves to satisfy the contradictions that happened all throughout the case (it began to the fact that Nick thought Dahlia escaped, or somehow revived when he saw the brochure for the first time). So in conclusion, Iris wouldn't appear unless the writers involve the Fey clan incident again, which is again, pretty much solved in T&T.

ADA McCoy wrote:
Whooop wrote:

Since pearl is gonna appear im pretty sure maya will make a appearance as well

The question is to what extent and in which form.

I'd love it if we're at least told what she has been up to, what her current relationship with Phoenix is (I'm not talking romantically - I want to know if/how they kept in touch during those seven years. And of course I know about the video tapes, but that's just one small hint) and how she's coping with her role as master of that awful village.

I'd hate it if she came back just for the sake of fan service/has her entire personality changed/ends up being accused of murder yet again/ends up being a victim.

Quote:
I'd hate it if she came back just for the sake of fan service/has her entire personality changed/ends up being accused of murder yet again/ends up being a victim.

That's something I fear and a reason why I don't want Maya back. It has nothing to do with not liking her as a character herself, just her appearing to please the fans. Having a character make an appearance just for the sake of the appearance because said character was so popular or important in the previous whatever generally makes for a very bad appearance. Either because they 'failed to use the appearance properly' or simply because 'it made no sense' story-wise.

Hence I'm still iffy about Pearl appearing.
If she's important to a case or the plot somehow, that's all fine and dandy. Maybe she's a witness for a case? They could do things there. But up to now it looks like her sole purpose is to appear and to appeal to the fans who always wanted to see a grown-up Pearl.
For all we know, she might have only a two-minute cameo.

Spoiler: Off-Topic but same Subject about Lightning Returns
Apparently Caius, the big bad from XIII-2, is appearing again. Considering he was an incredibly boring villain, and sort of overpowered if you think of it one way, in the game he debuted in, he shouldn't appear. He's probably only there to make fans hate him - or love him, maybe Caius has more fans than I know.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

That's something I fear and a reason why I don't want Maya back. It has nothing to do with not liking her as a character herself, just her appearing to please the fans. Having a character make an appearance just for the sake of the appearance because said character was so popular or important in the previous whatever generally makes for a very bad appearance. Either because they 'failed to use the appearance properly' or simply because 'it made no sense' story-wise.

If she's important to a case or the plot somehow, that's all fine and dandy. Maybe she's a witness for a case? They could do things there. But up to now it looks like her sole purpose is to appear and to appeal to the fans who always wanted to see a grown-up Pearl.

Spoiler: Off-Topic but same Subject about Lightning Returns
Apparently Caius, the big bad from XIII-2, is appearing again. Considering he was an incredibly boring villain, and sort of overpowered if you think of it one way, in the game he debuted in, he shouldn't appear. He's probably only there to make fans hate him - or love him, maybe Caius has more fans than I know.

C-A

Lets just hope they do make pearls appearance properly useful and same with maya if they do decide to bring her back

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Iris appearing makes no sense whatsoever. Not even for fanservice; not many people are fond of the girl, and the few who do like her don't like her for who she is (seeing as she had zero character development), but for what she means to Phoenix.

I don't even think the Fey Clan is going to be that much of a thing as it was on the earlier games, what with the Hazakura Temple incident exposing all of the dark clouds surrounding the clan (family feuds, Morgan's plan, Mia's reason for leaving Kurain Village, etc).

VCM wrote:
Iris appearing makes no sense whatsoever. Not even for fanservice; not many people are fond of the girl, and the few who do like her don't like her for who she is (seeing as she had zero character development), but for what she means to Phoenix.

I don't even think the Fey Clan is going to be that much of a thing as it was on the earlier games, what with the Hazakura Temple incident exposing all of the dark clouds surrounding the clan (family feuds, Morgan's plan, Mia's reason for leaving Kurain Village, etc).

You do have a good point plus its a good idea to have a fresh batch of characters instead of the same over and over again

VCM wrote:

Yes, because the general public has such an interest in the on-goings of personal affairs of a clan that does stuff that they think is bogus. They only cared about the Kurain due to the bad publicity it got for an intense case that had the public baffled. (Although I've pointed out that DL-6 is a dumb case that shouldn't have required any help from a medium)

C-A

Quote:
Yes, because the general public has such an interest in the on-goings of personal affairs of a clan that does stuff that they think is bogus. They only cared about the Kurain due to the bad publicity it got for an intense case that had the public baffled. (Although I've pointed out that DL-6 is a dumb case that shouldn't have required any help from a medium)

for the DL-6 case the only reason they even needed a medium was because the police dept was desperate to the point they decided to try it based on learning of the village's skill in spirit medium

Quote:

for the DL-6 case the only reason they even needed a medium was because the police dept was desperate to the point they decided to try it based on learning of the village's skill in spirit medium

Their reason being that the case was unsolveable and couldn't figure out who did it. Although 1-4 states that only one person could've done it. And given how we've seen the police work in the GS-verse, I'm surprised they didn't just arrest somebody at the scene as soon as they saw the corpse.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

Their reason being that the case was unsolveable and couldn't figure out who did it. Although 1-4 states that only one person could've done it. And given how we've seen the police work in the GS-verse, I'm surprised they didn't just arrest somebody at the scene as soon as they saw the corpse.

C-A

you do have a point there i guess they probally just assumed it was Yogi since it was his gun that was the murder weapon plus Gregory's Ghost lied saying it was Yogi since he didnt know Von karma was the one who shot him

Ace Sidekick!

VCM wrote:

I agree with everything you have said.

Emiko Gale wrote:
VCM wrote:

I agree with everything you have said.

If anything she will just end up making a cameo or not be there at all like poor gumshoe :sadshoe:

Cat, yes, the general public has little to no interest in spirit mediums and stuff, but I meant the players. 3-5 brought a sense of closure over the Fey Clan issues, so I don't think there's anything interesting enough for the players that would warrant a revival of this subject.

VCM wrote:
Cat, yes, the general public has little to no interest in spirit mediums and stuff, but I meant the players. 3-5 brought a sense of closure over the Fey Clan issues, so I don't think there's anything interesting enough for the players that would warrant a revival of this subject.

I dunno, 3-5 didn't feel like closure to me, it felt more like a poor excuse of an entire game to shove more Fey Clan information at us that we don't need or didn't even want. Ignoring Morgan's "PEARL WILL RULE THE WORLD FEY CLAN" at the end of 2-2, Phoenix would've been fine had GS3 not been made. In 2-4 he learned an important message for any lawyer and GS3 sometimes felt like it was jus removing that lesson he learned.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

The thing is that simply avoiding Maya doesn't make it better either, considering she had a prominent role in the first three games and is popular among the fans. But like I said, them just acknowledging her existence and telling us what she's up to would be fine with me. Granted, I'd pick her over Athena any day, based on what we've seen so far.

Also, do we have any idea what Pearl is doing in the game? I mean, even if she's not that important I believe the game can handle a few cameos, at least. Maybe she'll become best friends with Trucy and torment Apollo.

CatMuto wrote:
VCM wrote:

I dunno, 3-5 didn't feel like closure to me, it felt more like a poor excuse of an entire game to shove more Fey Clan information at us that we don't need or didn't even want. Ignoring Morgan's "PEARL WILL RULE THE WORLD FEY CLAN" at the end of 2-2, Phoenix would've been fine had GS3 not been made. In 2-4 he learned an important message for any lawyer and GS3 sometimes felt like it was jus removing that lesson he learned.

C-A

Well, that's true. But still, even if they did a very poor job of it, 3-5 was supposed to bring closure to all of Phoenix's involvement with the Fey Clan problems. I still don't see a reason for it to be brought back - let alone through Iris of all people

Last edited by VCM on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

To be honest, I'd rather have Iris back than "OMG SHE'S SO EVIL THE DAHLIA!!" who was so disappointing as a villain...

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
To be honest, I'd rather have Iris back than "OMG SHE'S SO EVIL THE DAHLIA!!" who was so disappointing as a villain...

C-A

Between Iris and Dahlia I'd prefer Missile the dog...

VCM wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Then id have to say Shuu :P

VCM wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Missile is the most badass character in the game. I have a shiba inu and they are the craziest dogs you've ever seen.

There should be a missile spin-off.

On topic, no one wants Iris back and she won't have any plot relevancy so we won't see her again. Well get a reference at the most.

ADA McCoy wrote:
VCM wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Missile is the most badass character in the game. I have a shiba inu and they are the craziest dogs you've ever seen.

There should be a missile spin-off.

On topic, no one wants Iris back and she won't have any plot relevancy so we won't see her again. Well get a reference at the most.

reading this made me just release there are 2 missle's one in AA and the other in ghost trick :grey: well most likely she might be just a reference we just have to wait either till someone in japan gets the game on 7/25 and posts about it somewhere or a video on yt

Iris and Maya are way too old now for Crapcom. That's why they brought up Pearl in the first place, a fresh 17-year-old, wow, worthy. $$$$$$
Page 1 of 2 [ 43 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps