Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 12 posts ]

Who do you think is the culprit? (Potential spoilers)Topic%20Title

I wish I WERE the best.

The title of this is pretty self-explanatory. For the cases of Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, who do you think is the killer is and give your theories on why. This could be based on your first impressions of the character or what the official website says about them. Spoiler your guesses as even the name of the culprit could be a spoiler.

Here are my guesses: (Note that these are my guesses. Everything I said here is pure speculation. If my guesses happened to be true, then don't say anything.)

Case 1:

Spoiler: A spoiler if you haven't watched the trailer
It was Ted Tonate. I'm pretty sure Woods didn't commit the courtroom bombing and he pretty much resembles the guy in the intro. As for why he bombed the courtroom... I honestly have no idea why.

Although I'm not sure if he really is the killer of Hozumi Kakuru and why he would kill her in the first place.

Case 2:

Spoiler:
It was Shuuichi Biyouin. Since the website said that he was left in charge for Dehmon Tenma (is his first name correct?), that gives him a good motive to frame his boss. (or am I wrong about the "left-in-charge" part?) Plus, he's a politician-like figure wearing a pink shirt and a purple suit. What did you expect?

Case 3:

Spoiler:
It was Chishio Atsui. The victim's cause of death is pretty obvious to link to Shizuya so framing him for murder would get him out of the way and leave Woods all for himself. Of course, that's assuming if there really is a love triangle between them.
Re: Who do you think is the culprit? (Potential spoilers)Topic%20Title

The last one is Fulbright for the murder of whoever Simon supposedly killed.

That's right.

Thane wrote:

That's right.

I could realistically see that. His constant defense of Simon definitely makes me think that he has ulterior motives.

TheIdioteque wrote:
Thane wrote:

That's right.

I could realistically see that. His constant defense of Simon definitely makes me think that he has ulterior motives.

True. Though I am suspicious of Athena and Juniper myself. The Academy they attend seems to have, at the very least, an unhealthy atmosphere, given how someone found the murder of a student there an appropriate thing to do. Principal Means talking about how his Academy trains his students to produce "meaningful results" could very well hint at something crazy stuff going down there.

Though as suspicious as a character like Bobby Fulbright is, I really want to believe he is exactly what he seems.

I wish I WERE the best.

It was a teacher, not a student, who was killed.

Spoiler:
I'm still thinking Chishio Atsui to be the killer but now I'm thinking Means isn't completely innocent either. Something about him seems off, like every other AA character.

Ah, thanks for the correction. A teacher was killed, interesting. I can't guess as to a specific culprit for her murder, but I still think there's something really wrong with the Academy. By "really wrong", I mean the Academy will tie heavily into the over-arcing plot, as opposed to "This student killed this teacher because he wanted to get an A+ on his report card, and the headmaster covered it up because he's a dick."

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
Considering there's even a student covering herself in a cardboard box, I think that saying something is wrong about the Themis Legal Academy is an understatement.

Rei Shizuya (the guy with the glasses and bow) doesn't really seem to be guilty, as he seems too obvious due to his bow and the cause of death of the victim. I bet he's going to be framed at some point.

DonteTheDA wrote:
TheIdioteque wrote:
Thane wrote:

That's right.

True. Though I am suspicious of Athena and Juniper myself. The Academy they attend seems to have, at the very least, an unhealthy atmosphere, given how someone found the murder of a student there an appropriate thing to do. Principal Means talking about how his Academy trains his students to produce "meaningful results" could very well hint at something crazy stuff going down there.

Though as suspicious as a character like Bobby Fulbright is, I really want to believe he is exactly what he seems.

I would be okay with them being villains. It might even make Athena seem interesting.

Well, culprit or otherwise, I do hope Athena has more connection to the plot besides just being a new sidekick. Her psychology theme is one that can lead to a ton of interesting stuff if it's used correctly.

DonteTheDA wrote:
Well, culprit or otherwise, I do hope Athena has more connection to the plot besides just being a new sidekick. Her psychology theme is one that can lead to a ton of interesting stuff if it's used correctly.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/ ... .html#more
http://turnabouttranslations.tumblr.com ... rio-points

Quote:
Ambitious Point #1: Three attorneys, each with their own story!
In Gyakuten Saiban 5, three defense attorneys, Ryuichi Naruhodo, Housuke Odoroki, and Kokone Kizuki, take the stage.
[...]
Last, but not least, Gyakuten Saiban 5 tells the story of rookie attorney Kokone Kizuki’s development. What kind of a lawyer will she become with these kinds of role models?

Well, he doesn't really tell what her story's gonna be, but obviously she is important for it.

The Chords of Steel

You know..for Juniper to be the defendant of two cases in the same game seems a little suspicious, don't you think? I mean, not even Maggy Byrde had THAT bad luck. At least not in the same game.

Besides Juniper changes a lot from one case to the other. In Turnabout Academy she seems more confident and serious. Maybe i'm thinking a little too much. Specially cause this could turn out to be a Dahlia Hawthorne redux.

I'm of the opinion that if Juniper is the culprit, so is Athena, and vice-versa.
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps