Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 5 of 5[ 198 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Who will star in GS6? (GS5 spoilers)Topic%20Title

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
What. No. Edge will not be "pulling strings" for Ema. (Nor does she actually see him as a boyfriend. She has too much respect for him to be on tier with her.) She wanted to be a forensic scientist, so what's there for her to do if she changed jobs? She's not going to be on scene nearly as much so we won't be seeing her, and they can't exactly perform the autopsy right at the scene of the crime. They have a lab for that.

And honestly, I don't want Gumshoe to be Chief of Police. That way we won't even get a cameo of him. When's the last time a crime happened in the Chief of Police's office anyhow? (I'd rather see him promoted to Chief Detective and sit in front of the computer all day looking for best deals on buffet and restaurant offers.)

Wasn't being serious about him seeing her as a boyfriend, however I do think she will return as a forensic scientist and with a much better attitude, the only reason I suggested that because I hated how much of a grouch they made Ema. Second I feel like the only way Gumshoe would make a a one off appearance would be if he was chief of police or chief detective or whatever along those lines. With spending that much time on the force I am sure he would have gotten a promotion some how.

Last edited by Gammalad on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

And that quote went horribly wrong.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

You can fix it with a ] after the second " by my name.

I realize I put it in a rather rude way, so please excuse me. As I said, we won't be seeing much of Ema if she became a forensic scientist. She'd end up working off screen, and I'd rather get to see her as a grouch than not see her at all. That's what I meant.

The Chief Detective is where Gumshoe got his charm. I wouldn't be surprised if he was promoted to that position. The old chief needed a retirement anyway.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The old chief created the Blue Badger, which is now a franchise with its own amusement park. I'd be surprised if he hasn't retired yet

You can fix it with a ] after the second " by my name.

I realize I put it in a rather rude way, so please excuse me. As I said, we won't be seeing much of Ema if she became a forensic scientist. She'd end up working off screen, and I'd rather get to see her as a grouch than not see her at all. That's what I meant.

The Chief Detective is where Gumshoe got his charm. I wouldn't be surprised if he was promoted to that position. The old chief needed a retirement anyway.

Thanks! And no worries at all!

True, who knows maybe they will find a way to write Ema as not being such a grouch? And yeah I will honest I forgot all about the Chief Detective. So I would actually love to see Gumshoe in that role, even though he should be more competent at this point, I would like to see at least one joke between him and Edgeworth regarding his salary assessment.

"Eggs?"

You know, in GS5, I didn't really like the fact that they didn't have Gumshoe in there anywhere. Not even for like a split second did you see his face. NOPE, they replace him with Bobbly Fool Bright, the idiot detective who does nothing but wonder who's justice is more just for half of the game. :sadshoe:
Spoiler: Sort of
And just think about it - they replace Gumshoe with a bad guy phantom spy dude. COME ON.

Anyway, I still want either AJ2 or GS6 starring Apollo. AND MAKE NO MISTAKE - I WANT BLACKQUILL TO REAPPEAR
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

TheBlackquillz wrote:
You know, in GS5, I didn't really like the fact that they didn't have Gumshoe in there anywhere. Not even for like a split second did you see his face. NOPE, they replace him with Bobbly Fool Bright, the idiot detective who does nothing but wonder who's justice is more just for half of the game. :sadshoe:
Spoiler: Sort of
And just think about it - they replace Gumshoe with a bad guy phantom spy dude. COME ON.

Anyway, I still want either AJ2 or GS6 starring Apollo. AND MAKE NO MISTAKE - I WANT BLACKQUILL TO REAPPEAR

What are you talking about? Gumshoe was there in the game. Who do you think throws the confetti? Gumshoe does.

Kevin Wright: Ace Attorney

I think what could be interesting is what if Apollo played the assistant roll? Regardless I prefer Phoenix over Apollo. I still think Apollo and and Trucy should be told they are brother and sister.
Kevin Ace Attorney Image Image

The video game boy; the one who wins

But then we wouldn't have his inner monologue :sadshoe:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I think the only way they can avoid the whole brother-sister reveal between Apollo and Trucy if they chose to expand upon it in GS6 is if they make them already know when they're told, like when you realize
Spoiler:
Zak was Shadi and Trucy already knew beforehand.

Otherwise I'm afraid GS6 will end up getting hate for "Phoenix not telling them sooner" or stuff like that. I don't want the next game to be summed up as "Nick is a jerk" like how some people only remember AJAA as "Zak is a jerk"
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

That's what they should've done in GS5 - now it's been over a year of him not telling them whatever they do. Anyhow it feels like a reveal like that is a bit too big to fit in nicely with the rest of the game, as long as it's not part of some stupid and cheesy case plot like Lamiroir being arrested for murder or Gant Apollo's father winding up alive and then dead or something.

GoingforMiles wrote:
But then we wouldn't have his inner monologue :sadshoe:

Yeah, we'd have Trucy's instead, and it will be oh-so brilliant.

But srsly guys. How does Apollo and Trucy searching out their long-lost mother have to do with the plot of GS6? This is a story about lawyers and fixing the corrupted judicial system, not a brother and sister going to Borginia on vacation. *steams*
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Umm... why, excactly? Although it would be interesting to look at the world through her eyes.

Because who wouldn't want to go around solving crimes as a magician? Imagine the tricks she can pull on the officers at the scene.

Actually I was editing it while you posted with my intended message.

But srsly guys. How does Apollo and Trucy searching out their long-lost mother have to do with the plot of GS6? This is a story about lawyers and fixing the corrupted judicial system, not a brother and sister going to Borginia on vacation. *steams*

That was my poiiiiint :ron-jazz:

...unless we get to fight spies from Borginia. Then, I'd approve.

On the issue of revealing that Apollo and Trucy are siblings, I feel like it should be revealed subtly and not in some over the top fashion. I think the moment where they reunite with their mother should be a sweet one and not one where they cast some uneeded hatred towards Nick. So basically as long as this avoids the whole "Liar Revealed" scenario that the Nostalgia Critic hates so much I will be fine.

Kevin Wright: Ace Attorney

Gammalad wrote:
On the issue of revealing that Apollo and Trucy are siblings, I feel like it should be revealed subtly and not in some over the top fashion. I think the moment where they reunite with their mother should be a sweet one and not one where they cast some uneeded hatred towards Nick. So basically as long as this avoids the whole "Liar Revealed" scenario that the Nostalgia Critic hates so much I will be fine.

That is how I feel exactly. They also need to bring Maya.
Kevin Ace Attorney Image Image

The more I look at your signature, the more image files there seem to be.

Just a moment to be off-topic, but how exactly is Naruhodo supposed to say "Igiari" with that mouth animation? I can picture him saying "Objection" just fine, but it almost seems like he's shouting "Aflac!" Actually, maybe it's supposed to be "anata desu!" (It's you!), pointing at the culprit...

Art Person

The more I look at your signature, the more image files there seem to be.

Just a moment to be off-topic, but how exactly is Naruhodo supposed to say "Igiari" with that mouth animation? I can picture him saying "Objection" just fine, but it almost seems like he's shouting "Aflac!" Actually, maybe it's supposed to be "anata desu!" (It's you!), pointing at the culprit...

Haha. Dual Destinies had generic ambiguous mouth movements, but It would've been nice if in the Japanese one, he mouthed "Igiari" and in the English, "Objection" (Like how they edited the 3D Model for Fulbright's badge.)

Also, on the point of returning characters, what about Lotta Hart? She could own her own news agency called "I Scream Scoop!", and while they're investigating some strange phenomenon, Lotta digs too deep, and it that turns out to be a murder case, causing Lotta to be accused.

Also, Mask☆deMasque, anyone? :ron:
I did like the idea of 3-2 being for once, NOT a murder! (But then unexpectedly... there WAS a murder!)
Spoiler: AAI-5
Although, after the fake one that is killed, I think it's safe to say Ronnie's retired.

State Alchemist

Kevin Ace Attorney wrote:
Gammalad wrote:

That is how I feel exactly. They also need to bring Maya.

At this point, it would be incredibly disappointing and unexpected to not have Maya. Especially with how much they've been teasing her return at the last case of DD.

Art Person

Gnobo wrote:
At this point, it would be incredibly disappointing and unexpected to not have Maya. Especially with how much they've been teasing her return at the last case of DD.

Maya is a shoe-in, I mean, why else would they have shoved her into GS5 for no reason. It was more than just a cameo. (And possibly just fan service, to shut people up.) But I'm really wanting, and am pretty positive that she will appear in GS6. As to how? We won't know. (Hopefully not as a victim, which some people've speculated.)

I *really* want Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney to be the next main game.

Firstly, out of the three current protagonists, she is the only one so far not to get her own dedicated game.
Secondly, her character is fantastic. She reminds me of Maya without the bad things that Maya's character had (over the top fixation on burgers, being generally a vulnerable person, etc)
Thirdly I really like the Mood Matrix. So if the next Ace Attorney featured only one character, I'd like it to be Athena so we get it back.

All that said, I wouldn't mind a second Apollo Justice game since, thankfully, it wouldn't be handled by the frankly strange one-off producer/director combination that Apollo Justice 1 had. I have a multitude of reasons for disliking that game, and the generally poor direction of it can only be attributed to those (Shu only supervised the script, he wasn't the main guy), whereas the AAI1/AAI2/Dual Destinies team has produced only good games so far, so an AJ2 would definitely trump the first.

A fifth Phoenix game would be absolutely fine too. There isn't a single "Phoenix Wright" game which I have disliked, only parts of them.

A complete reboot of the series with only new characters would be interesting too. The Great Ace Attorney is basically doing this I guess, but I mean in the normal modern world. It'd be very interesting to see what they could come up with.

But yeah, in order my choices would be:

1) Athena
2) Phoenix
3) Reboot
4) Apollo
5) Grossberg

Y'know

I get the feeling at the current point in time, Capcom will want to keep Phoenix in charge - without him, or any fresh, inteersting concept (like DGS) on the cover, there might be troubles with sales, as one could see from AJ or AAI, for that matter.

Nearavex wrote:
I get the feeling at the current point in time, Capcom will want to keep Phoenix in charge - without him, or any fresh, inteersting concept (like DGS) on the cover, there might be troubles with sales, as one could see from AJ or AAI, for that matter.

What? AJ sold very well. The only one to trump its first week sales was DD. Meanwhile, AAI is a spinoff, so it's only expected. GK2 sold around as well as AAI. Both of them sold more than JFA in initial sales, maybe around the same if you combine GBA and DS sales for it.

Going by Japanese sales, of course. It's generally less in the west, but hey, the sales differences among the titles aren't too great either.

But it's true that Phoenix is the spotlight hog. Throwing him into a trailer automatically generates sales one way or another.

I sincerely hope they won't continue with the Phoenix-route, mostly because I like Phoenix and therfore don't want to find myself becoming tired of him.

Y'know

What? AJ sold very well. The only one to trump its first week sales was DD. Meanwhile, AAI is a spinoff, so it's only expected. GK2 sold around as well as AAI. Both of them sold more than JFA in initial sales, maybe around the same if you combine GBA and DS sales for it.

Huh? I was wrong about that then. The point about Phoenix being game's iconic character still stands though :P
GoingforMiles wrote:
I sincerely hope they won't continue with the Phoenix-route, mostly because I like Phoenix and therfore don't want to find myself becoming tired of him.

I think it'll be a bit like in DD. He'll be the Boss of the Wright Anything Agency, who generally isn't involved in the events (I hope for an exception about Apollo confronting him about whole Gramarye family thing), but he steps in, when things get serious or when his presence is really needed.

He'll be all over promotional material too, but either way, I don't think he will get any more character development - mostly because I believe he's already developed as a character, really.

Art Person

Nearavex wrote:

It's safe to say Phoenix will be the one on the cover of GS6. I also agree he'll be over all the promo goods. He was on almost all the GS5 merchandise. The only ones he wasn't on were some of the alternate covers. I think he's become the recognisable face of the series, and so they're trying everything they can to keep him relevant, hence the overhaul of AJ's story with Athena and Blackquill's (A way to tie Phoenix back in, give him his badge, and be the real hero).

Looking up AJ, both Yamazaki and Takumi wrote that game, so I'm surprised Yamazaki didn't answer AJ's unanswered questions like whether Trucy and Apollo know they're siblings, or Why Kristoff had black Psyche Locks, Although that can be answered in a flashback case in GS6, which I'm really hoping is in there just to tie off loose ends.

Mijumaru wrote:
Looking up AJ, both Yamazaki and Takumi wrote that game, so I'm surprised Yamazaki didn't answer AJ's unanswered questions like whether Trucy and Apollo know they're siblings, or Why Kristoff had black Psyche Locks, Although that can be answered in a flashback case in GS6, which I'm really hoping is in there just to tie off loose ends.

He didn't need to. Trucy and Apollo knowing they're siblings and Kristoph's locks are open-ended questions, but they aren't "loose ends" that a future game must tie up, lest the series go to ruin. Same goes for Misham's stalking of Apollo's cases, though I don't hear as many complaints about that.

I've argued that the Jurist System has a lot of potential for the series to take a new turn thematically, but I can understand why he and his peers wanted to avoid it. First off, it isn't easily integrated into the story of another game because it doesn't change how trials proceed. There could be a case finale that's centered around a corrupt judge or politician, which could support the movement for reformation, but otherwise, it would lack a purpose.

Secondly, it doesn't make a good game mechanic since we'd have no control over how the juries make their verdict. It worked fine in AJ because it controlled which ending we got. We can't have that option for every case unless people really like getting non-standard game-overs.

Lastly, as much as I hate to admit it, it's probable that it'll end up as shallow as the Dark Age of Law in DD. Constantly championing this new reform could easily turn for the worse as Phoenix apparently transcends the law itself to get his way. And he's supposed to be the one arguing against "the ends justify the means".

On a slight tangent, I highly doubt Athena's powers and Widget are going to be explained any more than they already have been. They're gimmicks, through and through, like Apollo and Trucy's powers.

One of these days, Phoenix is going to get an angry mob after him... but because he's Phoenix, he'll find someway to escape. How ironic it'd be if said mob is made of police officers. He'd probably be accused of abusing the Bench Trial system, in more ways than one.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I disagree about Phoenix having to be pronto material and central protagonist for yet another mainline game. After DD Apollo became the most favorited GS character in Japan and AJAA sold more copies thanthe original both in JP and the west despite of a general dislike towards Apollo's character at the time.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Y'know

Well, more than likely it'll be like I said. The game mainly about Apollo and Athena, with Phoenix as their boss and the iconic character. I don't think I said Phoenix will be a central character in the game itself.

That, or Apollo Justice 2. I'm all in for a right-positioned silhouette of pointing Apollo. Cause Apollo needs to stop being weird.

Nearavex wrote:
Well, more than likely it'll be like I said. The game mainly about Apollo and Athena, with Phoenix as their boss and the iconic character. I don't think I said Phoenix will be a central character in the game itself.

That, or Apollo Justice 2. I'm all in for a right-positioned silhouette of pointing Apollo. Cause Apollo needs to stop being weird.

Come on. That's like asking him to not gel his hair like that.

Art Person

He didn't need to. Trucy and Apollo knowing they're siblings and Kristoph's locks are open-ended questions, but they aren't "loose ends" that a future game must tie up, lest the series go to ruin. Same goes for Misham's stalking of Apollo's cases, though I don't hear as many complaints about that.

I always though they explained why Misham stalked Apollo. He found out that the 'Wright Talent Agency' started offering defence services, and him being the agoraphobic man that stays home with all his tools, he wanted to find out about them. (You can kinda guess at his reasoning behind it, he was surprised, and intrigued, but went a little too far.)

I've argued that the Jurist System has a lot of potential for the series to take a new turn thematically, but I can understand why he and his peers wanted to avoid it. First off, it isn't easily integrated into the story of another game because it doesn't change how trials proceed. There could be a case finale that's centered around a corrupt judge or politician, which could support the movement for reformation, but otherwise, it would lack a purpose.

Secondly, it doesn't make a good game mechanic since we'd have no control over how the juries make their verdict. It worked fine in AJ because it controlled which ending we got. We can't have that option for every case unless people really like getting non-standard game-overs.

Lastly, as much as I hate to admit it, it's probable that it'll end up as shallow as the Dark Age of Law in DD. Constantly championing this new reform could easily turn for the worse as Phoenix apparently transcends the law itself to get his way. And he's supposed to be the one arguing against "the ends justify the means".

It's really interesting how Phoenix is so opposed to that idea in GS5, and yet the writers of AAI2 made Edgeworth so pro that idea.
Spoiler: GK2
With Edgeworth ignoring the rights of a president and still searching his territory, giving up his badge and losing his job (temporarily) to get to the truth, and even getting knocked off the case in Cases 2,3 and 4, and going in as someone else's subordinate, and doing the work for them. He came across as pretty radical in that game, going to extremes to get to the truth, so they're kinda contradicting the messages they're wanting to portray.

On a slight tangent, I highly doubt Athena's powers and Widget are going to be explained any more than they already have been. They're gimmicks, through and through, like Apollo and Trucy's powers.

There's probably no point in explaining it anymore. There wasn't really any further explanation of the Magatama after JFA, (except that it can lose its charge. Imagine Widget powering off during a Mood Matrix section.)
But, the Mood Matrix was just an application on the system, so it opens them up for more mechanics without needing to make a new little trinket as it could just be a new App GYAXA's developed for Widget.

I don't even know if Phoenix would completely oppose "the end justifies the means" attitude. He used forged evidence to bring down Kristoph. Now that I think about it, Edgeworth was still radical in the first GK when he used the trump card

I think 5-3 had a lot of lost potential actually, mostly due to making Means the killer. The WAA could've argued about his philosophy with Phoenix being for it, Apollo being against it, and Athena having to decide that type of lawyer she wants to be, maybe thinking that she won't be able to save Junie the fair way. Klavier, the truth-seeking Prosecutor, could've even helped her along the way. I don't know. I feel like it could've been an interesting dilemma

Nearavex wrote:
Cause Apollo needs to stop being weird.

Wha-- no!! Never! :beef:

Mijumaru wrote:

I always though they explained why Misham stalked Apollo. He found out that the 'Wright Talent Agency' started offering defence services, and him being the agoraphobic man that stays home with all his tools, he wanted to find out about them. (You can kinda guess at his reasoning behind it, he was surprised, and intrigued, but went a little too far.)

Fair enough, but they could have provided a little conjecture from Apollo instead of ignoring it completely by the end.

Quote:
Quote:

It's really interesting how Phoenix is so opposed to that idea in GS5, and yet the writers of AAI2 made Edgeworth so pro that idea.
Spoiler: GK2
With Edgeworth ignoring the rights of a president and still searching his territory, giving up his badge and losing his job (temporarily) to get to the truth, and even getting knocked off the case in Cases 2,3 and 4, and going in as someone else's subordinate, and doing the work for them. He came across as pretty radical in that game, going to extremes to get to the truth, so they're kinda contradicting the messages they're wanting to portray.

Maybe or maybe not. It's a mixed bag regarding the overly simple philosophy behind that phrase in the first place. Here, I think it's more about interpreting the "ends" as opposed to the "means", but it could go either way. Means' ends were purely of a selfish desire to win and his means extended to blatant attempts at breaking the law by forging evidence. Phoenix and Edgeworth, meanwhile, fight for a desire that not only affects themselves, but everyone involved in the case. They take extra care when bending the rules so they don't break anything, and it only happens when they don't have any other options. Either way, Means went to extremes of more grave consequences than those two ever did. Perhaps that one moment in AAI-5 was an exception, but heck, it wasn't in court, so the laws are kind of lenient about it. (Whether or not it's an accurate representation of real life is a big question, but when has this series been accurate in the first place?)

Quote:
Quote:

There's probably no point in explaining it anymore. There wasn't really any further explanation of the Magatama after JFA, (except that it can lose its charge. Imagine Widget powering off during a Mood Matrix section.)
But, the Mood Matrix was just an application on the system, so it opens them up for more mechanics without needing to make a new little trinket as it could just be a new App GYAXA's developed for Widget.

Next up: a psychological hacking device that enters one's memories and allows the users to interpret those memories in various ways! What a great update! They're so dead.

迷探偵

Next up: a psychological hacking device that enters one's memories and allows the users to interpret those memories in various ways! What a great update! They're so dead.

So close to an Another Code crossover. Maybe it's time for a murder at Lake Juliet.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I haven't played Another Code nor watched a playthrough myself, but a crossover sounds splendid. It'd be a weird as heck vacation for the Wright Anything Agency once ghostly memories are involved. Maybe Maya and Pearl can come along.

Still, after what we've seen happen to the Layton parts of PLvsAA, I feel like AC will end up sliding into the backdrop as Ace Attorney overtakes, well, everything. But the level of finger pointing awe in PLvsAA trumps all else regardless.

Page 5 of 5 [ 198 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps