Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 4 of 5[ 198 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Who will star in GS6? (GS5 spoilers)Topic%20Title

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Honestly I was sadden by the lack of Gumshoe in this game... :sadshoe:
Since we now have 3 prosecutors at the Law Officer, it would be kinda interesting to see it play out. I don't mind if they give Apollo and Athena more time in the limelight, however if the game is called Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney 6 I would expect to see you know...Phoenix Wright and I hope they don't push him to the side again. No matter how you spin it Phoenix Wright is the most known character in the series and he is what sells the game. I also hope to see Maya and Mia in this game as well. As far as prosecutors go I would like to see Wright square off against Franziska Von Karma at least once, I want to see if she would still have this grudge against Wright. Also I would like to see Klavier Gavin return along with Simon Blackquil and Edgeworth.

But at this point in time I think this game is a long way off and we will more than likely see Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2 on the eShop before we hear more on this game.

Apollon Flame

Gammalad wrote:
Since we now have 3 prosecutors at the Law Officer, it would be kinda interesting to see it play out. I don't mind if they give Apollo and Athena more time in the limelight, however if the game is called Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney 6 I would expect to see you know...Phoenix Wright and I hope they don't push him to the side again. No matter how you spin it Phoenix Wright is the most known character in the series and he is what sells the game. I also hope to see Maya and Mia in this game as well. As far as prosecutors go I would like to see Wright square off against Franziska Von Karma at least once, I want to see if she would still have this grudge against Wright. Also I would like to see Klavier Gavin return along with Simon Blackquil and Edgeworth.

But at this point in time I think this game is a long way off and we will more than likely see Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2 on the eShop before we hear more on this game.

Gumshoe could very well star a case or two, but then focus should change back to Ema. We have new characters so we should use them.
A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
Gammalad wrote:

Gumshoe could very well star a case or two, but then focus should change back to Ema. We have new characters so we should use them.

True I guess I just enjoyed the original trilogy much more than I enjoyed Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies, I kinda hope in AA6 they return more to the old formula. If the game say has 5 cases in it then give one to Apollo and one to Athena and give the other 3 to Wright...part of me worries that Capcom is trying to write out the older series.

Beauty and grace.

I don't they're trying to write it out so much as they are trying to focus on developing the new characters.

There is absolutely no need to give Phoenix anymore spotlight considering he's already starred in three games and we know his story and character development pretty well.

It's time to tie up the loose ends with Polly and give Thena some development in order to warm up the fans to her.

Apollon Flame

scarlet-flowers wrote:
I don't they're trying to write it out so much as they are trying to focus on developing the new characters.

They saw how weak the GS4 cast was as characters so they decided to think of more fleshed out personas.

scarlet-flowers wrote:
There is absolutely no need to give Phoenix anymore spotlight considering he's already starred in three games and we know his story and character development pretty well.

You mean FIVE games. Although we only played as him for one trial and one investigation in GS4, the game was still Apollo witnessing the bickering between Kristoph and Wright, so it was still centered on Nick trying to get the reputation he once had. Meanwhile, in GS5, he still shared part of the spotlight between Athena, Justice and Blackquill, seeing as how Cykes and Simon needed the exposure because they are new characters and need to be exposed, Polly because he desperately needed the character development and Feenie because the game was centered on his disbarment and the Twisted Samurai's imprisonment. So yeah, it's high time we give the new generation of Wright & Co. more and more exposure. I'm not saying we should COMPLETELY shove him out of the spotlight, just that we should only touch him in a single game and for a short time. Heck, he could be the series' tutorial defense attorney while Apollo and Athena assist.

scarlet-flowers wrote:
It's time to tie up the loose ends with Polly and give Thena some development in order to warm up the fans to her.

Yes, please. Apollo and Trucy have some serious loose ends to tie.
A King

in name

alone...

I still don't like the idea of giving Wright a marginal role in future games...granted I am speaking from my own bias I am not a huge fan of Apollo really :L but I feel like Dual Destinies lacked a lot of flare of the older games at some points. I wish Capcom could find a good balance of old and new in the future games.

Nick + Maya = win

This may seem cliche, but why can't they have :maya: play a more pivital role in GS6. How long does training to be the Kurain Master take? Pearls mentions that Mystic Maya's coming back after her training is done, and she implied it would be soon.http://amethystwildcat.tumblr.com/image/69816346984

Apollon Flame

Just let Maya come back for the sake of pleasing fans and not let her have that much of a protagonic role, please. I want the newer generation of AA characters to take the stand. PW Era personalities had three games to live and Edgeworth's spinoffs. Sadly, AJ Era characters are STILL trying to establish themselves, develop and close. And if they keep making GK games, which is entirely possible, they need to star a couple of AJ Era characters, hell, even insert the Kitakis or Mishams somewhere, that way they get some love and development. Hell, it would be awesome for Edgeworth to meet the man that will accidentally get his best friend disbarred: Drew Misham, or even meet the man responsible for all of it: Kristoph Gavin.
A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
Just let Maya come back for the sake of pleasing fans and not let her have that much of a protagonic role, please. I want the newer generation of AA characters to take the stand. PW Era personalities had three games to live and Edgeworth's spinoffs. Sadly, AJ Era characters are STILL trying to establish themselves, develop and close. And if they keep making GK games, which is entirely possible, they need to star a couple of AJ Era characters, hell, even insert the Kitakis or Mishams somewhere, that way they get some love and development. Hell, it would be awesome for Edgeworth to meet the man that will accidentally get his best friend disbarred: Drew Misham, or even meet the man responsible for all of it: Kristoph Gavin.

I still think too many people only know who Phoenix Wright is and not know who Apollo Justice is. I have a lot of friends who have never played Ace Attorney but are familiar with who Wright is, I still think Phoenix Wright sells copies, I think in the next game it will be similar with Wright leading the majority of the cases but with the plot development mostly around say Apollo and Athena.

Apollon Flame

Hopefully, with the more exposure Apollo and the characters from his era are getting, they'll get to know them better.
A King

in name

alone...

I kind of hope the next game will bring back Gramarye arc, involving Apollo's father, Thallassa, Trucy and Valant (And I do hope for Valant to get more character development, dammit! He was an important character of sort, staying close with Trucy, but went terribly underrated and literally forgotten)

With this in mind, I hope to play as either Apollo, or as an Athena, who might fit as well, being major character an "outsider" on the matter, at that.

Apollon Flame

Sligneris wrote:
I kind of hope the next game will bring back Gramarye arc, involving Apollo's father, Thallassa, Trucy and Valant (And I do hope for Valant to get more character development, dammit! He was an important character of sort, staying close with Trucy, but went terribly underrated and literally forgotten)

With this in mind, I hope to play as either Apollo, or as an Athena, who might fit as well, being major character an "outsider" on the matter, at that.

These are my thoughts towards GS6:

+ They'll finally tie the loose end regarding Lamiroir's/Thalassa's relationship with Trucy and Apollo.

+ Surely, Valant won't stand aside towards Trucy being the rightful heir to what made him a well known celebrity: the Gramarye magic, so I presume he'll kidnap Thalassa in exchange for the Gramarye magic Trucy now has (they could try to tie in Kristoph somehow by saying that this was also his idea of revenge, seeing as how they both share a grudge against the Wrights and Gramaryes).

+ Klavier would have to once again try to prosecute his brother, but Blackquill would have to come in, bringing bits of information regarding Kristoph and his involvement in being the devil's advocate for a couple of mafia head honchos.

+ The cross examination would revolve Athena using her Mood Matrix to break the Black Psychelocks that Kristoph summoned.

+ After "defeating" him, Kristoph laughs uncontrollably like in Apollo Justice and drinks from his bottle of Ariadonei, which has poison in it, exclaiming that justice is below him, seeing as how a corpse can never be brought to justice. Afterwards, we can hear Klavier's objection and tell his bro that there's a contradiction in his statement and it's the fact that, when examining his belongings before entering the courtroom, he found the bottle to have a strange color of nail enamel that reminded him of Vera Misham's, so he decided to wash its contents and give it back. Enraged, Kristoph goes into super saiyan mode a la GS4 breakdown and tries to strangle Klavier to death. The bailiff stops him, they put him to sleep and transport Klavier to the hospital. He recovers, but the medics tell him he can never sing again, seeing a show his vocal chords were severely strained by the strangulation. Saddened, Apollo says that he'll share with him his Chords of Steel regime and that he would do so after a dinner party. Everyone says that Phoenix will pay and it all ends with a classic objection.
A King

in name

alone...

...Wha... ...I already voiced my opinion about GS6 having some fresh story, with old elements, right? Good xD

Capcom won't spoil final villain from a previous like that so easily, so I don't think it's a likely scenario. Also, Valant... I did not really imagine him as a bad guy, actually. Let me remind he had quite a stron crush on Thallassa back then. ;)

But, just maybe... We never had a returning character from a previous game as a villain, and if he got some serious character development prior to his reveal, when why not.

Apollon Flame

Sligneris wrote:
But, just maybe... We never had a returning character from a previous game as a villain, and if he got some serious character development prior to his reveal, when why not.

Morgan Fey, as in, the mastermind behind Bridge to the Turnabout, as in, the whole reason Godot decided to ruin his future in the name of revenge, even if it costed his lover's mother's life (Misty Fey).
A King

in name

alone...

While a lot of opinions differ, am I right in assuming most people want Apollo and Trucy to find out about their relationship? I understand what they were trying to do with Dual Destinies, but the lack of any sort of hint towards that particular subplot stuck out like a sore thumb.

Scent wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

Morgan Fey, as in, the mastermind behind Bridge to the Turnabout, as in, the whole reason Godot decided to ruin his future in the name of revenge, even if it costed his lover's mother's life (Misty Fey).

You know that doesn't really count, as we never even confront her.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thane wrote:
While a lot of opinions differ, am I right in assuming most people want Apollo and Trucy to find out about their relationship? I understand what they were trying to do with Dual Destinies, but the lack of any sort of hint towards that particular subplot stuck out like a sore thumb.

The lack of any sort of hint of GS4's events stuck out like a sore thumb. I'm hoping the dev team will throw us for a loop with the next main game. "Ha! You think we left out GS4 INTENTIONALLY? Well, yeah, maybe... BUT REJOICE! We're gonna try to wrap it with GS5 and GS6 into a trilogy somehow! Look forward to it!"

And then they'll advertise Apollo as main character again, only to give Trucy the center of attention. That is the fate of Apollo Justice. ^_^

Sligneris wrote:
Scent wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

Hm, if Kristoph is going to be involved in some way, we'd most likely confront him in-person at some point. It wouldn't make sense to mention his name only unless he really is dead... which, I'm cool with too. I'd then wish Klavier was killed off as well.

Yeah, I'm serious. It's not that I hate him so much; it's just that he hasn't contributed enough to the series to really feel necessary anymore. If he redeems himself in the next game, then by all means kill him anyway let him stay. But, just consider it for a bit. We have yet to feature a villain who's been imprisoned to become a murder suspect once again. Kristoph could be the killer we need... even if he didn't do it. Isn't it about time Phoenix - heck, even better, Apollo - takes a case of someone he previously helped to convict? Muhahaha...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Apollon Flame

Sligneris wrote:
Scent wrote:
Sligneris wrote:

So? She still return, albeit not personally, but through a diabolical plan. Kristoph's a coward, paranoid, so it would make sense for him to plan that out either in prison or dead.
A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
Kristoph's a coward, paranoid, so it would make sense for him to plan that out either in prison or dead.

Yay, Kris is gonna haunt Nick for eternity! Oooh~
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Apollon Flame

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Scent wrote:
Kristoph's a coward, paranoid, so it would make sense for him to plan that out either in prison or dead.

Yay, Kris is gonna haunt Nick for eternity! Oooh~

Only until they get him to the seat! :jake:
A King

in name

alone...

Beauty and grace.

Kill off Klavier--

omfg PLEASE NO. I love Klavier.

I don't want them to kill Klavier, but I barely want him involved, actually.

Others may say what they will, but I liked the way they handled him in 5-3. He reacted to the presence of Athena in the team, he helped Apollo - they didn't make him overly involved, but they covered almost everything they could with him in DD and showed that he is still there.

...Still, he and Apollo are the only returning characters from AJ handled well in my opinion.

Last edited by Sligneris on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sligneris wrote:
I don't want them to kill Klavier, but I barely want him involved, actually.

Others may say what they will, but I liked the way they handled him in 5-3. He reacted to the presence of Athena in the team, he helped Apollo - they didn't nake him overly involved, but they covered almost everything they could with him in DD and showed that he is still there.

...Still, he and Apollo are the only returning characters from AJ handled well in my opinion.

Honestly I would like each attorney to have their own rival in AA6, I would like to see Apollo and Klavier square off again, Athena and Blackquill go head to head again and I personally would like to see Wright go up against Franziska Von Karma again.

Quiet, please, it's snack time!

I only really care about Ema to be honest and would like her to have a role of a decent size like in AJ, opposed to AAI. Having Klavier back would be good too because the drama between them makes them both more interesting, and exploring that further would be interesting too (like perhaps delving into a deeper reason as to why Ema hates him so much).

I kinda liked how they had the different main characters in AA5, so I'd like them to keep that. I don't really want them to introduce another lawyer as a fourth member might be overkill.

I would also lot to see a lot more Apollo and Trucy, because they just had great dynamics together, IMO. I don't think they need to find out about being siblings, because it kinda seems like if they ever did reveal that, it's just going to be really forced. I guess the only way it could work is have Apollo go on a huge search for his past.

I've felt worse.

fantanoice wrote:
I only really care about Ema to be honest and would like her to have a role of a decent size like in AJ, opposed to AAI. Having Klavier back would be good too because the drama between them makes them both more interesting, and exploring that further would be interesting too (like perhaps delving into a deeper reason as to why Ema hates him so much)

You mean aside from Klavier being a pretty boy prodigy who disbarred Phoenix Wright when it should have been so obvious to him that Kristoph was the real forger, yet instead of pursuing the truth, he ignored it for seven and a half years? Because if you ask me, that's reason enough to hate him.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

Athena
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Athena

I'm just going to let this speak for me.

...Why not?

Also, I'm confused. You enjoyed Athena's character or not...

Gettin' Old!

Sligneris wrote:
...Why not?

Also, I'm confused. You enjoyed Athena's character or not...

Athena has elements I enjoyed, I just don't find her believable and occasionally obnoxious.

Whether I want her to or not, I think she'll probably take the focus in the next game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

It's Apollo's time to shine, and time for Trucy's character to be more than panties.

I quite liked Athena, but the whole emotions instead of evidence thing in court got on my tits in the end so I wouldn't be upset if she became the "friend in Europe" :yogi:
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Pierre wrote:
Athena

taking a trip overseas and we make up for her absence with android!Athena

...I sort of now imagine Athena speaking with Clonco-like malfunctions.

"Heeeeel-l-l-l-l-loooo, Mr. W-W-Wriiiiiight. Heeeel-l-l-l-looooo"

Gettin' Old!

Sligneris wrote:
...I sort of now imagine Athena speaking with Clonco-like malfunctions.

"Heeeeel-l-l-l-l-loooo, Mr. W-W-Wriiiiiight. Heeeel-l-l-l-looooo"

That'll be the big reveal.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Cause of death is being dummy

Apollo. Apollo Apollo Apollo. I liked his character arc in DD but I mostly want him to star because Kristoph's black psyche-locks. With him as the main player character, we'd most likely be able to find out what's behind them! And, Trucy might also be able to get an actual character arc! It's not impossible for those things to happen with Phoenix or Athena, but I'll be honest, I'd like Phoenix's role to be seriously downplayed. And I like Athena, but her character arc was also completed in DD, so I'm not sure what else they could do with her. (I liked the android idea...)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I'm kinda tired of constantly seeing Gumshoe reappear at this point. Love the character, but I don't think he's very noteworthy in either AAI or AAI2. He was a part of the whole GS1-3 arc and I'd much rather see them expand a bit on Ema. They pulled Phoenix out of the slouch, so they should do something similar with Ema. She still hasn't achieved her dream, but maybe AA6 will have her come to the realization that being a Detective can be what she wants or something like that. I don't want Gumshoe just for the sake of a few laughs, and I don't think they can really develop his character without making it feel like "oh they changed him a bit and made him reappear 7 years later just for the sake of giving him needless development"

I like Gummy as he was before the 7-year canon jump, so I don't honestly want to see how he is after that timeskip.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

linkenski wrote:
I'm kinda tired of constantly seeing Gumshoe reappear at this point. Love the character, but I don't think he's very noteworthy in either AAI or AAI2. He was a part of the whole GS1-3 arc and I'd much rather see them expand a bit on Ema. They pulled Phoenix out of the slouch, so they should do something similar with Ema. She still hasn't achieved her dream, but maybe AA6 will have her come to the realization that being a Detective can be what she wants or something like that. I don't want Gumshoe just for the sake of a few laughs, and I don't think they can really develop his character without making it feel like "oh they changed him a bit and made him reappear 7 years later just for the sake of giving him needless development"

I like Gummy as he was before the 7-year canon jump, so I don't honestly want to see how he is after that timeskip.

Seconded, although I would like to know what happened to him. A cameo would be good. An actual role in a case and/or the actual plot of the game? Best to leave well enough alone.

Chief of Police Dick Gumshoe?

linkenski wrote:

If anything Gumeshoe is now the chief of police (After working with Edgeworth for the past decade I think he has shappened up to be a competent detective) and he maybe be a key witness in a case or two in AA6 as fan service, I mean I honestly loved how Wright and Gumshoe would go back and forth to me he is one of the funnier witnesses to cross examine as he is always trying one-up Wright, but yeah I do hope Ema does get more development and get her dream job, and who knows that may be possible now since her "boyfriend" Edgey is now chief prosecutor, he could pull some strings for his biggest fan.

Y'know

I'd somehow like to see Lana and Ema interaction. Maybe Lana becoming a detective again, Ema becoming a real forensic scientist and working with her sister as her assistant and Gumshoe as Chief of Police/Chief Detective, like Gammalad suggested? That would work out nicely.

Gammalad wrote:
If anything Gumeshoe is now the chief of police (After working with Edgeworth for the past decade I think he has shappened up to be a competent detective) and he maybe be a key witness in a case or two in AA6 as fan service, I mean I honestly loved how Wright and Gumshoe would go back and forth to me he is one of the funnier witnesses to cross examine as he is always trying one-up Wright, but yeah I do hope Ema does get more development and get her dream job, and who knows that may be possible now since her "boyfriend" Edgey is now chief prosecutor, he could pull some strings for his biggest fan.

What. No. Edge will not be "pulling strings" for Ema. (Nor does she actually see him as a boyfriend. She has too much respect for him to be on tier with her.) She wanted to be a forensic scientist, so what's there for her to do if she changed jobs? She's not going to be on scene nearly as much so we won't be seeing her, and they can't exactly perform the autopsy right at the scene of the crime. They have a lab for that.

And honestly, I don't want Gumshoe to be Chief of Police. That way we won't even get a cameo of him. When's the last time a crime happened in the Chief of Police's office anyhow? (I'd rather see him promoted to Chief Detective and sit in front of the computer all day looking for best deals on buffet and restaurant offers.)

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Gammalad wrote:

What. No. Edge will not be "pulling strings" for Ema. (Nor does she actually see him as a boyfriend. She has too much respect for him to be on tier with her.) She wanted to be a forensic scientist, so what's there for her to do if she changed jobs? She's not going to be on scene nearly as much so we won't be seeing her, and they can't exactly perform the autopsy right at the scene of the crime. They have a lab for that.

And honestly, I don't want Gumshoe to be Chief of Police. That way we won't even get a cameo of him. When's the last time a crime happened in the Chief of Police's office anyhow? (I'd rather see him promoted to Chief Detective and sit in front of the computer all day looking for best deals on buffet and restaurant offers.)

I was thinking the same thing about Ema, actually. Although I still agree with the person who didn't want much of a role for Gumshoe. Name-dropping is what I'm after here... although Chief Detective Gumshoe could be fun. But I still love the current(?) head of the CAD and I will be upset if he disappears. God bless him and his lack of a name or defining characteristics outside "weird" <3
Page 4 of 5 [ 198 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps