Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 2[ 68 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

We need more AA5 DLC!Topic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I was thinking of ideas for more DLC. Like another costume pack or maybe even a "create your own lawyer" phase.

Here's my idea for a Costume Pack 2: It's based on Japanese culture, and it has traditional clothing for Apollo Justice, Athena Cykes, and Simon Blackquill.

For Apollo: A Steel Samurai costume (sorry, I couldn't think of anything else)
For Athena: A yellow and blue kimono
For Blackquill: A Japanese robe under his surcoat instead of a suit
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: We need more AA5 DLC!Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Sure I guess, but I don't really think costume DLC is anything substantial you know like even though it's coming out I'll probably ignore it and just get the extra case if I can.

An create your own lawyer packs might be difficult for 3D models.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Dracarys!

Gotta say that I'd much rather have another case than a costume pack. I don't play these games for the visuals.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gregory Edgeworth getup for Edgeworth and Gumshoe outfit for Fulbright.
I also think they should add Ema skye clothes for Athena.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

It's a good thing Capcom's not planning any more DLC, cause I'll be buying everything that's available. If they release any more than that well then... fuck.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Last edited by Blak The Great on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I'd love a post 5-5 DLC case, kind of like Rise from the Ashes was for GS1. The Orca Whale case takes place in the middle of GS5, so it doesn't really have that "continuing the story" vibe that the 1-5 did. It would be great to get a new case that takes place after the end of GS5 in like 3 or 4 months. Not something really influential to the plot/GS6, just something happening in that timeframe.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
It's a good thing Capcom's not planning anymore DLC, cause I'll be buying everything that's available. If they release anymore than that well then... fuck.

Just like HEEEY LOYAL WALLETS GET THIS MONTH'S EPISODE "A Very Edgeworth Christmas!" OR BUY "ACE ATTORNEY DUAL DESTINIES ULTIMATE EDITION" WITH 5 NEW CHARACTERS BUT NO ADDITIONAL WORTHWHILE CONTENT.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
It's a good thing Capcom's not planning anymore DLC, cause I'll be buying everything that's available. If they release anymore than that well then... fuck.

Just like HEEEY LOYAL WALLETS GET THIS MONTH'S EPISODE "A Very Edgeworth Christmas!" OR BUY "ACE ATTORNEY DUAL DESTINIES ULTIMATE EDITION" WITH 5 NEW CHARACTERS BUT NO ADDITIONAL WORTHWHILE CONTENT.

ULTIMATE ACE ATTORNEY DUAL DESTINIES ARCADE EDITION 2014!
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Gettin' Old!

Blak The Great wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

ULTIMATE ACE ATTORNEY DUAL DESTINIES ARCADE EDITION 2014!

OMG GUYZ WE NEED TO BUY IT TO SHOW CAPCOM WE SUPPORT THE SERIES OR THEY'LL NEVER LOCALIZE AA6 D:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ADA McCoy wrote:
I'd love a post 5-5 DLC case, kind of like Rise from the Ashes was for GS1. The Orca Whale case takes place in the middle of GS5, so it doesn't really have that "continuing the story" vibe that the 1-5 did. It would be great to get a new case that takes place after the end of GS5 in like 3 or 4 months. Not something really influential to the plot/GS6, just something happening in that timeframe.

I agree. Phoenix is, after all, just an attorney. One would assume he'd do his job on a somewhat regular basis to keep his agency afloat.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

How 'bout Troupe Gramarye outfits for the main characters and Blackquill?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

aplab23207 wrote:
How 'bout Troupe Gramarye outfits for the main characters and Blackquill?

Only if Blackquill 'attacks' people with a wand.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thane wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

I agree. Phoenix is, after all, just an attorney. One would assume he'd do his job on a somewhat regular basis to keep his agency afloat.

What are you guys talking about? Everyone knows he takes cases every few months. We'd be infringing on GS6 timeline territory in that case! The only reason that agency stays afloat is because of Trucy.

More seriously, I don't know if a post 5-5 case could work. Edgeworth's "prelude" to following incidents at the Prosecutor's Office and his request of Phoenix's aid seem much more like vague hints toward the next game. The only situation that I feel a complete case could come out of the ending regards two points:
Spoiler: 5-5
1) The assassin who fired at but didn't kill the Phantom. Yet, this would be better off as a case in the next game, in which the organization from which the assassin works is gradually uncovered. It would feel too simple or cut-off otherwise.

2) A visitor to the Wright Anything Agency who looks for someone to help defend his/her father, and Blackquill is prosecuting. He has a brief encounter with the visitor at the office while Phoenix & Co. are out dining, during one scene in the credits. This one would be okay as DLC, but only if that visitor isn't meant to be anything more than a random person.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Do you guys think Capcom might actually make more AA5 DLC, now that Capcom said they'd make more DLC to try and survive their incoming bankruptcy?
...oh and if they should avoid infringing GS6 territory, why not just make an Apollo Justice DLC from before GS5 or something. Then Apollo could finally get his own Rise From The Ashes sort of case which he rightfully deserves imo.

...but Thalassa should be saved for GS6 and so should more of Edgeworth, and speaking of him, I hope they plan to just continue GS instead of GK from now on, since Edgey's screentime is better utilized when he's not a protagonist. I always feel like, in the middle of the cases in GK that Edgeworth wouldn't be doing what he's doing since he often appears too heroic, and while he's changed I still don't think it fits his character, just like it doesn't suit him to run around with someone like Kay. I think he's gonna dip in popularity if they make too many GK games, because he's way more likable when he acts like a Vegeta of the Ace Attorney series in the GS series.

I'd rather see GS5 rather than any more DLC atm.

linkenski wrote:
Do you guys think Capcom might actually make more AA5 DLC, now that Capcom said they'd make more DLC to try and survive their incoming bankruptcy?
...oh and if they should avoid infringing GS6 territory, why not just make an Apollo Justice DLC from before GS5 or something. Then Apollo could finally get his own Rise From The Ashes sort of case which he rightfully deserves imo.

...but Thalassa should be saved for GS6 and so should more of Edgeworth, and speaking of him, I hope they plan to just continue GS instead of GK from now on, since Edgey's screentime is better utilized when he's not a protagonist. I always feel like, in the middle of the cases in GK that Edgeworth wouldn't be doing what he's doing since he often appears too heroic, and while he's changed I still don't think it fits his character, just like it doesn't suit him to run around with someone like Kay. I think he's gonna dip in popularity if they make too many GK games, because he's way more likable when he acts like a Vegeta of the Ace Attorney series in the GS series.

I think the best way to go for DLC is a "No Story Revelations Revealed", "Just the Case" kind of "non-important" case like 1-5 was. Save the real big questions for GS6. And I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom decided to make more DLC, although at this point I feel skeptical that it will happen.

I would bet that GK3 will have a different protagonist.

Sligneris wrote:
I'd rather see GS5 rather than any more DLC atm.

GS5? Do you mean GS6?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

I do.

Art Person

I remember that they did say that they weren't going to make any more DLC cases, and so I think that ship has sailed... The story writers are probably working on GS6 or GK3 at this point. *Although I am disappointed that there wasn't a 2nd DLC case, maybe something to do with the events after GS5)

If they were to make more costume DLC, I'd like their pirate outfits from the DLC!

SuperAj3 wrote:
I remember that they did say that they weren't going to make any more DLC cases, and so I think that ship has sailed... The story writers are probably working on GS6 or GK3 at this point. *Although I am disappointed that there wasn't a 2nd DLC case, maybe something to do with the events after GS5)

If they were to make more costume DLC, I'd like their pirate outfits from the DLC!

The only bit of hope we have is they said something along the lines of "We're done for now" which could mean they'll start something later down the road. Of course, I would imagine the chances of us getting it in the west would lessen the later the release is from GS5, but it's still possible we could get it.

I think whatever will happen, I don't see Yamazaki writing the next DLC if there ever will be one, since he's probably already busy making drafts for GK3/GS6

I actually want more DLC cases. It feels this would be a neat way to bring other writers on board for something that isn't the main game (maybe even invite Shu Takumi back to write one).

Too bad they probably only meant for one DLC case and that's it...

Costume ideas:

Phoenix Wright:
-Tres Bien costume (YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT!)
-Hobo costume
-Blue Badger
-Steel Samurai

Apollo Justice:
-Bandages and coat
-Classic Phoenix suit
-Bad Badger
-Evil Magistrate or Jammin' Ninja

Athena Cykes:
-Pink Badger
-Pink Princess
-Spirit Channeling outfit
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

Last edited by Javadoze on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Javadoze wrote:
I actually want more DLC cases. It feels this would be a neat way to bring other writers on board for something that isn't the main game (maybe even invite Shu Takumi back to write one).

I'd love to see more DLC too, specifically I'd love to see a case set AFTER the main game. Turnabout Reclaimed is set in the middle of DD, and that's fine for the first one but I wouldn't want to see any more than that. I'd like to see the "Rise From the Ashes" for DD.

We can only hope they decide to do some more DLC at some point.

If there ever will be more DLC cases or episodes, I'd prefer it like how it was done in PLvsAA. They'd best be standalone episodes that have little to do with the main plot. It wouldn't always center around the same small cast, to allow a greater diversity of characters. Yet, they shouldn't be too long. It detracts away from the point of a main plot if the DLC cases are just as long or intricate.

I wish we got DLC minigames instead. That'd be so much more fun. I loved that Super Dangan Ronpa 2 had an "extra mode" to play. That's what the GS series has been missing, man! Include a little random minigame... like one of Nick riding his bike to the courtroom avoiding traffic and tardiness. (Oh my, how he'll be screaming when he hits a ramp...) Okay, it doesn't have to be something like that, but it would be fun to play over and over.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
If there ever will be more DLC cases or episodes, I'd prefer it like how it was done in PLvsAA. They'd best be standalone episodes that have little to do with the main plot. It wouldn't always center around the same small cast, to allow a greater diversity of characters. Yet, they shouldn't be too long. It detracts away from the point of a main plot if the DLC cases are just as long or intricate.

I wish we got DLC minigames instead. That'd be so much more fun. I loved that Super Dangan Ronpa 2 had an "extra mode" to play. That's what the GS series has been missing, man! Include a little random minigame... like one of Nick riding his bike to the courtroom avoiding traffic and tardiness. (Oh my, how he'll be screaming when he hits a ramp...) Okay, it doesn't have to be something like that, but it would be fun to play over and over.

I'd probably have to disagree with you there, although in context I agree with your reasoning. I also wouldn't want a case that revolved around the main plot; I want cases that have good mysteries and are full-length but are "filler cases" that don't do anything that will make someone jumping straight from Turnabout For Tomorrow into GS6 confused. Basically cases like 1-3, 1-5, 4-3, and the GS5 DLC Case. I've always liked those cases because they give a chance to show Phoenix and Co. doing their jobs without it somehow revolving around them. I don't have a lot of the same criticisms of the GK/GS5 Writing team as a lot of people do, but one thing I am getting tired of is having EVERY case be so involved in the main plot of the game. But I have no problem with that if they can find another route to get those filler cases in, for instance DLC.

So, I'd personally much prefer real, full-length filler cases to comedic mini-cases or mini-games, just since those don't interest me much. Some DLC cases would be great at fleshing out the AA world a bit without having to rely on one of the main characters getting personally involved in the incident again.

The main problem I have with developed DLC cases is the very fact that they make up some part of the official canon, despite being download only. These cases wouldn't be free, and it's essentially extra money-laundering with content that would do better as a part of the main game, rather than something on the side. Even in the chance that Capcom would resort to that - oh, but they would - there wouldn't be much of a point. Why not just make a better quality case for the main game in the first place? I always rank quality over quantity with visual novels.

True, it's not that good an idea to wander too far from the main plot with the main cases, but it hasn't been the first time a game introduced a series of cases that aren't always directly related to each other. Otherwise has been happening with the later games instead.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
The main problem I have with developed DLC cases is the very fact that they make up some part of the official canon, despite being download only. These cases wouldn't be free, and it's essentially extra money-laundering with content that would do better as a part of the main game, rather than something on the side. Even in the chance that Capcom would resort to that - oh, but they would - there wouldn't be much of a point. Why not just make a better quality case for the main game in the first place? I always rank quality over quantity with visual novels.

True, it's not that good an idea to wander too far from the main plot with the main cases, but it hasn't been the first time a game introduced a series of cases that aren't always directly related to each other. Otherwise has been happening with the later games instead.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying take cases out of the game to use as DLC, or to change how development works in any way. What I'm talking about is, everybody puts their hardest effort into making a great game, and then maybe a year or a year and a half later, they either come up with a new idea or hire another writer to write a case or two to release as DLC. Once again I bring up Rise from the Ashes: If you took Case 5 out of GS1, it doesn't make it any less of a great game (GS1 didn't have it originally), but it's a fantastic extra case that doesn't affect the characters enough to throw someone off if they decided to skip it and go right from 1-4 to 2-1. I think it would be great to have a case like that as DLC.

I think it all depends on if this is "new content made at least 8 or 9 months after the game is released" or "content that should have been in the game when it was released and they're just doing it to make money". Assuming it's the former, DLC cases wouldn't have any bearing on the original title since they'd have different development times and maybe even different teams. And I'm also fine with filler in between the story cases, as part of the main game; don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they should cut out the filler in the middle of the game and package that as DLC. I mean just add filler DLC as an "additional" filler episode. PW:AA had 1-3 and 1-5, with 1-3 being part of the "original package" and 1-5 being an additional episode. I'm talking about additional episodes here.

This may not count in GS5 DLC ... (and granted I wouldn't get this since I already have all the games) but they could release GS1-GS4 in the Nintendo eShop. That way a lot of people who can't get their hands on the first game/want to try out these games without trying to hunt down physical copies could. They could make money off of these sales and gain more fans. Most importantly, they would see that it would be worth it to localize GK2, and GS6 would probably get made a lot faster (yes one of my biggest concerns is having another 5 year gap in between games).

But as for general DLC ... I would never oppose to more animated cutscenes (bonus misc. clips that don't go with a particular case? ex. characters hanging out, etc.) I don't have a HUGE need for more costumes (but let's be real — if they were cool I'd get them) and I always love me some more cases, but I'd rather have no new cases and get a GS6 sooner.

Fuuuuuuuudge! - Phoenix Wright

Just translate the DLC quiz. I don't think that gamers would get mad if it has more japanese stuff than the game, it's always cool to learn things from another countries.

aplab23207 wrote:

The weird thing is that the suit you mention it's already supposed to be a Japanese robe, but because it is based on the Meiji period (the time when Japan started to westernize), it looks like Victorian clothes to us, and a Samurai robe to them.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Or how about black suits for everyone? For Phoenix, his default suit in black. For Apollo, default in black. And for Athena, Mia Fey's clothes.

Steppenfuchs

Lola-landa wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:

The weird thing is that the suit you mention it's already supposed to be a Japanese robe, but because it is based on the Meiji period (the time when Japan started to westernize), it looks like Victorian clothes to us, and a Samurai robe to them.

I thought his clothes underneath jinbaori are based on contemporary British/Canadian lawyers' attire.
To be specific, he wears a waistcoat with sleeves - http://www.ludlows.com.au/legal-wear/jackets.html.

Gettin' Old!

Huldra wrote:
Lola-landa wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:

I thought his clothes underneath jinbaori are based on contemporary British/Canadian lawyers' attire.
To be specific, he wears a waistcoat with sleeves - http://www.ludlows.com.au/legal-wear/jackets.html.

Actually...and this might explain a few things about him.

Wasn't there a lot of cultural interest between Japan and England in the Victorian Era?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

FWEET CLICK FWEET

aha I know

Phoenix= hobo costume
Apollo= outfit from junior high
Athena= outfit from ur-1
blackquill= godot costume
fullbright= gumshoe outfit
edgeworth= first suit
trucy= fransizka costume

Secretly a Nidoran

Spoiler:
Personally, if there's going to be more outfits, I'd rather have them be rewards for finishing a dlc case like the "Feenie" outfit. It'd be fun to see, say, Apollo in an obviously red version of Kristoph's suit... that said, if there were any new dlc cases, I'd definitely want it to star 'Polly. :D

Zoinks

On the subject of DLC cases:

Spoiler: AA4+5 major spoilers
There really needs to be a case that at least acknowledges that Trucy and Apollo are brother and sister. Or at least, that their mother exists. Not really a loose end that should be left untied...

3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Gettin' Old!

Yellow Magician wrote:
On the subject of DLC cases:

Spoiler: AA4+5 major spoilers
There really needs to be a case that at least acknowledges that Trucy and Apollo are brother and sister. Or at least, that their mother exists. Not really a loose end that should be left untied...

Bit of a shame cause that ship sailed when the great S.S. Athena became the flagship for the AA series. S'all about her now.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

Just give me my Hobohodo pls ~_~
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
Just give me my Hobohodo pls ~_~

It would make Apollo's statement about Phoenix looking sharp in a costume and not at all like the slacker in the hobo clothing a lot funnier.

Apollon Flame

Am I the only one that wants to see either Phoenix or Apollo wearing a suit exactly the same as Kristoph's? Would be VERY ironic. xD
A King

in name

alone...

Athena's biggest fan

What'd be cool would be an anime episode DLC. I would definitely buy it.
More DLC episodes would be nice, but the problem would be that I would buy them. I'm having to save money right now, but it ain't exactly a talent of mine.
The Nonchalant Rage officially premiers next month on YouTube. Subscribe now:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

edgey2000 wrote:
aha I know

Phoenix= hobo costume
Apollo= outfit from junior high
Athena= outfit from ur-1
blackquill= godot costume
fullbright= gumshoe outfit
edgeworth= first suit
trucy= fransizka costume

No. This:

Phoenix: GS4 Outfit
Apollo: Troupe Gramarye stage costume
Athena: Fey clan acolyte uniform
Blackquill: Young Blackquill (Just cut off his hair, make it all black, and take off his guyshadow)
Fulbright: Gumshoe outfit
Edgeworth: Gregory Edgeworth getup
Trucy: A suit. (No, I'm not joking)
Page 1 of 2 [ 68 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps