Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 4 of 8[ 282 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 


Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6135

For Great Justice.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7716

Hm, sure. And the Evil Magistrate as that annoying person who always shows up unexpectedly on the crime scene and starts screwing up our investigation. And physical Confrontations.

And then it turns out it was Larry in a costume all along
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

Another idea that came to mind is mixing up of the Logic feature. What if instead of 2 trains of logic you would have to at times connect 3 or 4 such as If A happened then the result of this would be B and from that C occurred and that brought us to D. Or what if you can find information that really has no logical relevance to anything you find and is just there to throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing.
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Posts: 48

Gammalad wrote:
Another idea that came to mind is mixing up of the Logic feature. What if instead of 2 trains of logic you would have to at times connect 3 or 4 such as If A happened then the result of this would be B and from that C occurred and that brought us to D. Or what if you can find information that really has no logical relevance to anything you find and is just there to throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing.

It would be interesting if you would have to choose which Logic pieces to add to the 6 that fits on the screen, and some of them wouldn't be useful(at least not right away).
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6135

It could work like how Revisualization did, but of course with a little more 'networking' to it and a wrong path doesn't lead directly to a dead end. I can imagine it making into this next game. Logic is one of those concepts that is pretty fun to play with.

...as long as it ain't running on dial-up.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Or maybe Blackquill has his own version of Logic Chess... with a sword?! And an "Attack" button! AND HIS "SILENCE!" PHRASE!!!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

So thinking back on it if they keep the standard 5 cases a game thing I really think GK3 should have all the events leading up to Edgeworth becoming Chief Prosecutor, and have the player explore his career. Like I said earlier I would really like to know how Edgeworth reacted to Wright's disbarment
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2781

Gammalad wrote:
So thinking back on it if they keep the standard 5 cases a game thing I really think GK3 should have all the events leading up to Edgeworth becoming Chief Prosecutor, and have the player explore his career. Like I said earlier I would really like to know how Edgeworth reacted to Wright's disbarment


Yeah, even a few minutes of Edgeworth reflecting on the disbarment would be great. Unfortunately, I suspect the AA writing team is trying their damnedest to avoid dealing with any of that. It's like they tossed a bomb through the window, let everyone else clean it up, then waited a whole eight years to replace the floor and paint over the old wall and ceiling.

Spoiler: And now that I've said it like that (DD spoiler)
I wonder if that makes Phantom their canon Marty Stu.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6135

Sierra Mikain wrote:
Gammalad wrote:
So thinking back on it if they keep the standard 5 cases a game thing I really think GK3 should have all the events leading up to Edgeworth becoming Chief Prosecutor, and have the player explore his career. Like I said earlier I would really like to know how Edgeworth reacted to Wright's disbarment


Yeah, even a few minutes of Edgeworth reflecting on the disbarment would be great. Unfortunately, I suspect the AA writing team is trying their damnedest to avoid dealing with any of that. It's like they tossed a bomb through the window, let everyone else clean it up, then waited a whole eight years to replace the floor and paint over the old wall and ceiling.

Spoiler: And now that I've said it like that (DD spoiler)
I wonder if that makes Phantom their canon Marty Stu.

Spoiler:
Marty Stu? More like Yamazaki Eshiro. (Am I right or am I Wright?)

*hiccough*
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

Well, if GK3 is the last of the trilogy, maybe we'll get a small Phoenix appearance (or mention by name instead of, "that man")
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

Sierra Mikain wrote:
Gammalad wrote:
So thinking back on it if they keep the standard 5 cases a game thing I really think GK3 should have all the events leading up to Edgeworth becoming Chief Prosecutor, and have the player explore his career. Like I said earlier I would really like to know how Edgeworth reacted to Wright's disbarment


Yeah, even a few minutes of Edgeworth reflecting on the disbarment would be great. Unfortunately, I suspect the AA writing team is trying their damnedest to avoid dealing with any of that. It's like they tossed a bomb through the window, let everyone else clean it up, then waited a whole eight years to replace the floor and paint over the old wall and ceiling.

Spoiler: And now that I've said it like that (DD spoiler)
I wonder if that makes Phantom their canon Marty Stu.

Ha very true...honestly I still think introducing Apollo could have been done without disbarring Wright...but ah well whats done is done, I think it would be cool to see Edgeworth trying to start his own special investigation into the whole thing but have it stopped before finding the truth by who ever is the new Chief Prosecutor
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

Imagine Apollo Justice, but instead of Hobonix, we have the exact same character with a different name; a disbarred defense attorney who eventually uses forged evidence to bring his rival down. I know Takumi was forced to put Phoenix in the game, but I doubt they told Takumi to have him forge evidence
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

JesusMonroe wrote:
Imagine Apollo Justice, but instead of Hobonix, we have the exact same character with a different name; a disbarred defense attorney who eventually uses forged evidence to bring his rival down. I know Takumi was forced to put Phoenix in the game, but I doubt they told Takumi to have him forge evidence

Honestly I felt like they could have made it so where the Legal League of Attorneys makes Wright take on a new protege or something like that, and they could of had the game play out somewhat similar to Dual Destinies.
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

Hm an idea thats crossed my mind, do you think GK3 we could possibly see Edgeworth as a child? Either when he was with Von Karma or maybe another Gregory segment?
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2781

Gammalad wrote:
Hm an idea thats crossed my mind, do you think GK3 we could possibly see Edgeworth as a child? Either when he was with Von Karma or maybe another Gregory segment?


I would love some Gregory. Well, 'more Gregory' if I ever get around to GK2.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

Sierra Mikain wrote:
Gammalad wrote:
Hm an idea thats crossed my mind, do you think GK3 we could possibly see Edgeworth as a child? Either when he was with Von Karma or maybe another Gregory segment?


I would love some Gregory. Well, 'more Gregory' if I ever get around to GK2.

I watched a playthrough of Case 3 in GK2 it was pretty epic. However it was kind of disappointing that we never got to see a young Edgeworth with his father....or how Von Karma even got away with adopting him.
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

They never explained why Von Karma adopted Edgeworth in the first place. My assumption was always that it was just a big middle finger to Gregory
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6135

Gammalad wrote:
I watched a playthrough of Case 3 in GK2 it was pretty epic. However it was kind of disappointing that we never got to see a young Edgeworth with his father....or how Von Karma even got away with adopting him.

Considering that all we usually see of past attorney figures is during their work, I highly doubt there would be any opportunity for a bring-your-kid-to-work day. Since Pearls isn't Nick's girl, it's okay. (...On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a situation where Trucy takes a day off from school to join her father for some odd reason.)

Would the bit about VK adopting him be worth bringing up at all? I can picture the entire scene in just one screenshot.

JesusMonroe wrote:
They never explained why Von Karma adopted Edgeworth in the first place. My assumption was always that it was just a big middle finger to Gregory

Yep, to mold Miles into everything Greg would detest. Too bad that plan backfired, eh? Though VK never explained it himself, we do get some speculation about it from Grossberg. Of course, it's just speculation.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Edgeworth and Blackquill investigate a case into the Phantom, when all of a sudden...
Spoiler:
they encounter Oldbag again... And they're BOTH surprised.

No, how about
Spoiler: DD
Edgeworth, Blackquill and the new female sidekick (If we get one) form a Trinity of Truth and work together to take down the organization that the Phantom worked for, as well as finding out the truth of why he needed to steal the moon rock in the first place.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

You know, a Mario game!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1941

I always assumed that Von Karma adopting Edgeworth wasn't a legal adoption, as his last name didn't change. In adoptions, at least those I'm familiar with, the child's last name changes to that of the one who adopted them. Then again, I guess Miles Von Karma doesn't really sound as good.

I'd also like to see GK3 be the last GK game to center around Edgeworth, and I'd like to see it have a flashback case that takes place after 4-4, but before GS1. As in, a case involving something he did while as a prosecutor, but before Phoenix became a defense attorney. That's just a gap in his life that we never really got any in depth look into. It would also be cool to see what Edgeworth was doing during the seven years after Phoenix got disbarred. Those are 2 time periods I'd like to see Edgeworth's role during. :edgeworth:
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Can I hear an "Objection!"?

Gender: Male

Location: Britannia

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:35 am

Posts: 165

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Or maybe Blackquill has his own version of Logic Chess... with a sword?! And an "Attack" button! AND HIS "SILENCE!" PHRASE!!!


I need to see a Blackquill vs. Edgeworth logic chess... :edgeworth:
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

Image

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)


Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

For the people who want an Ace Attorney Investigations with Simon...just think about it. I love Simon but would he be a fun character to play as? Constantly intimidating and yelling at people? His inner monologue would be really bland
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6135

JesusMonroe wrote:
For the people who want an Ace Attorney Investigations with Simon...just think about it. I love Simon but would he be a fun character to play as? Constantly intimidating and yelling at people? His inner monologue would be really bland

On the contrary; his inner monologue would be more interesting than Edgeworth's, filled with 7 long years of hard prison time. Not to mention, Taka would be best assistant role ever. It makes investigations so much easier when the protagonist has someone readily available to pick things up or harass uncooperative witnesses.

No, the real reason I'd be concerned with playing as Simon is how they'd make a game to center around him after only one game thus far has starred him. As amusing as it is to investigate scenes with him and Taka, the cases themselves may end up bland if they're saving the best ideas for GS6. That's not a formula for writing good cases.

Now, if this game is still around 2019, then I guess they could delve a bit into how young Simon was really like, since all we know of his younger self is what we were told, but we could learn enough about him through say, Edgeworth.

In all likelihood, Edgey's going to get a trilogy to his name. I love Iwadare's works, and I do not expect to be disappointed with this game's soundtrack.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
On the contrary; his inner monologue would be more interesting than Edgeworth's, filled with 7 long years of hard prison time. Not to mention, Taka would be best assistant role ever. It makes investigations so much easier when the protagonist has someone readily available to pick things up or harass uncooperative witnesses.

Your bolded section just made me really want the game now. I can see it now. The cover to the game (with four characters) will feature Simon, Taka, Fulbright, and uh...Aura/Metis?

His inner monologue could be interesting but I don't think it would be as funny. I did say the same about playing as Edgeworth, but I loved the first half of 3-5 and the GK games, so maybe I'll be proven wrong


Quote:
No, the real reason I'd be concerned with playing as Simon is how they'd make a game to center around him after only one game thus far has starred him. As amusing as it is to investigate scenes with him and Taka, the cases themselves may end up bland if they're saving the best ideas for GS6. That's not a formula for writing good cases.

I doubt they'll do that. Sure, they can't resolve things like Troupe Gramarye in a GK game, but the GK games all have good individual cases in their own right (they just don't tie together well thematically)

Quote:
In all likelihood, Edgey's going to get a trilogy to his name. I love Iwadare's works, and I do not expect to be disappointed with this game's soundtrack.

I love Iwadare and the GK music in particular, so even if the game is crap, I'll have that at the very least. This game will have to acknowledge Phoenix, though, right? GK2 ended the day of his disbarment (like a few hours earlier). Unless they make this game follow Edgeworth as the Chief Prosecutor. In that case, it'll be interesting to see how characters like Kay have aged
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6135

JesusMonroe wrote:
Unless they make this game follow Edgeworth as the Chief Prosecutor.

Wait, if he, as the Chief Prosecutor in charge of the Prosecutor's Office, is running around on crime scenes, then who's running the office? Sure, they don't need a supervisor every waking moment, but before a prosecutor can take a case, they'd have to report it to him at least, so he can keep track of everything that's going on there. And if they don't report it to him in person, well, his office is gonna become cluttered with papers and reports.

I hope Gumshoe hasn't actually become Chief of Police, so he could return to Edgeworth's office at any appropriate time to tidy it up and sort those files in the meantime. I mean, we can't have Gatewater bellboys tending to that stuff.

...Or, ya know, maybe Edgeworth could get himself a pair of digital glasses, one with a built-in computer that can keep track of various records on the spot. Plus, it'd look stylish.

"Mr. Edgeworth, sir! What does the scouter say about this witness's trouble level?"
"If it had a numerical reading, I'd assume it's off the charts."
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2234

GK3 will be a management sim. Assign the right prosecutor to the right cases! Give police detectives the fitting wage for an optimal result/cost ratio! Conduct under-the-table deals with other departments of the government! Keep up a good image through PR tactics!

It'd be like Muroi in the Odoru Daisousasen movies: mostly watching monitors of other people doing things.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

You know, a Mario game!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1941

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
I hope Gumshoe hasn't actually become Chief of Police, so he could return to Edgeworth's office at any appropriate time to tidy it up and sort those files in the meantime. I mean, we can't have Gatewater bellboys tending to that stuff.


Gumshoe becoming Chief of Police, that's a scary thought. As if the police force couldn't get any more incompetent..... I can just imagine gumshoe dressed as Damon Gant.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

You know, a Mario game!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada, eh?

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Posts: 1941

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
I hope Gumshoe hasn't actually become Chief of Police, so he could return to Edgeworth's office at any appropriate time to tidy it up and sort those files in the meantime. I mean, we can't have Gatewater bellboys tending to that stuff.


Gumshoe becoming Chief of Police, that's a scary thought. As if the police force couldn't get any more incompetent..... I can just imagine gumshoe dressed as Damon Gant.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6135

Ash wrote:
GK3 will be a management sim. Assign the right prosecutor to the right cases! Give police detectives the fitting wage for an optimal result/cost ratio! Conduct under-the-table deals with other departments of the government! Keep up a good image through PR tactics!

It'd be like Muroi in the Odoru Daisousasen movies: mostly watching monitors of other people doing things.

No wonder Payne always seems to face off against Wright at some point.

Nah, Edgeworth isn't going to sit around in his office all day. He's going to stop by random crime scenes to make sure the investigations are proceeding as they should be, and freak everyone out whenever he pops in.

There will be a new shout in this game: "Get to work!"

At first, I wasn't sure how all this would turn out, but now I'm convinced. This game will be amazing.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Ash wrote:
GK3 will be a management sim. Assign the right prosecutor to the right cases! Give police detectives the fitting wage for an optimal result/cost ratio! Conduct under-the-table deals with other departments of the government! Keep up a good image through PR tactics!

It'd be like Muroi in the Odoru Daisousasen movies: mostly watching monitors of other people doing things.

No wonder Payne always seems to face off against Wright at some point.

Nah, Edgeworth isn't going to sit around in his office all day. He's going to stop by random crime scenes to make sure the investigations are proceeding as they should be, and freak everyone out whenever he pops in.

There will be a new shout in this game: "Get to work!"

At first, I wasn't sure how all this would turn out, but now I'm convinced. This game will be amazing.

Or how about
Image
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6135

^ Eh, I guess it could work, but it sounds like something Blackquill would rather say.

After I posted that ridiculous idea and laughed it off, I returned to the RftA script and found a gem of a piece of dialogue between Phoenix and Ema. She said she always imagined Edgeworth as an outdoorsman and believed he'd turn survivalist on the weekends. Thinking about it now, it'd fit surprisingly well with my conjecture, in which Edgeworth is gradually turning into a stalker like Klavier.

For some odd reason, the Chief Prosecutor hasn't been in office for a few days, and yet when he returns, he's already caught up with everything. How? Spy technology he confiscated from a certain villain character. He has access to practically anything now. Mwahahahahaha...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.
Updated to include tributes and more to the Yakuza game series. I'm forever trapped in karaoke hell.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

In all honesty I would rather see Investigations 3 before another Phoenix Wright game, I feel like there is so much that could be done with Edgeworth and I am surprised they have not capitalized on it yet.
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Shine Sprite

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3028

Gammalad wrote:
In all honesty I would rather see Investigations 3 before another Phoenix Wright game, I feel like there is so much that could be done with Edgeworth and I am surprised they have not capitalized on it yet.

I second this. Not only because of Edgey having some more development needed to fill in the gaps between GK2 and DD, but also, I much prefer Eshiro's team's works on the GK series over their writing for Dual Destinies.
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

Did anybody bring up the idea of Hobo Nick running around Europe with Edgeworth during his disbarrment? It could be cool. (Sorry if someone actually brought this up already.) I agree with the people who were saying that the vague language Phoenix is always being referred to with in Investigations is annoying, but hey, if we're gonna draw the attention away from Edgeworth, we might as well go all the way.

Alternately: AAI0, a prequel-type thingy where Edgeworth solves crimes during his faked suicide in JFA. I think the best part of that would be the fact that you really couldn't bring in any characters that you had in the other Investigations games, like Gumshoe and Kay or even Franziska. ...of course, a good chunk of that game would have to do with Edgeworth thinking about Phoenix, which would be pret-ty weird if they used the vague language.

Edgeworth having to put up with the very strange people in the Prosecutor's Office is hilarious and I would definitely play a management sim if it involved them.
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Imagine this line of text if Blackquill met Oldbag:

Oldbag: Edgey-pooooooo! You came back for me!
Edgeworth: Nnnnnnnghhhhhooooooh!!!
Blackquill: GAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! (Not this fool of a dotard again...Nnngh!)
Edgeworth: Wh-What the hell are you doing here!
Oldbag: Isn't it obvious?! I was looking for you and Old Blacky!
Blackquill: ("Old Blacky"?! I'm 21, you old fool!)
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Simply put, he'd be in there for nothing more than fanservice and maybe a few laughs. The GK games won't break continuity regarding an investigation into Nick's controversial case, since it's not supposed to be solved until 7 years later. Aside from that, what exactly would he be doing? At best, he'd be a witness to some odd murder incident and almost be suspected for it.

I see your point, but I'm not sure if it'd be just fanservice. One of the big questions of Apollo Justice was, "Why didn't Edgeworth do anything to help?" It'd be nice to have that answered. GK2 ended hours before Phoenix's final trial, so it's clear that the topic is something the writers are either afraid to address or want to save it for later

I take back that he should be a main character in the game because you convinced me there, but it would be nice if it was mentioned at the beginning and then maybe they use it as Edgeworth's motivation in the game (to try to clear his friend's name/become Chief Prosecutor to clear his friend's name/feel betrayed by Phoenix because he thinks he may be guilty) and then have it somehow tie into the final case, which would tie into Dual Destinies. Phoenix has been avoided in the GK series (as he should) but if GK3 is Edgeworth's last sendoff, then I can see Phoenix making a meaningful appearance

For the record, I actually like Kay as the mascot of AAI, but you just gave me another idea. This might be too dark for the series and it would be the first time it's happened since 1-2, but what if Kay was killed? (And then Maya/Pearls makes a brief appearance at the end to channel her so the two can have a proper farewell). Nothing in Dual Destinies contradicts it and it could spark fan outcry, but it would be a pretty huge spin on the series. I doubt it'll happen considering Kay is pretty young, but GK3 could take place in 2024, which would make her 22. I know it'll never happen but I'm just spitballin'
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

What I have the biggest problem with about GK series is just how tight the events are on the timeline, compared to the usual GS game. I felt GK was a missed opportunity to fill up these lost 7 years with some events concerning at least somebody.

...However, it is too late to fix now, so I'd like for GK3 to happen few days/weeks after Nick's disbarment and somehow involve him. I have a nice image in my head of an unshaven Phoenix with messy hair, but with a regular blue T-shirt and shoes. A transition of some kind, if you will.
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

Wait, no. AAI3 doesn't revolve around Edgeworth at all. It's actually all about Kay. She found the other two spunky teenage girls to make the Yatagarasu.

Hey, I'd play it.
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Wait, no. AAI3 doesn't revolve around Edgeworth at all. It's actually all about Kay. She found the other two spunky teenage girls to make the Yatagarasu.

Hey, I'd play it.

Spoiler: GK2
She finds them at the end of GK2; Edgeworth and Gumshoe
Re: GK3 IdeasTopic%20Title
User avatar

Cause of death is being dummy

Gender: Female

Location: Metropolitan Atlanta

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Posts: 812

JesusMonroe wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Wait, no. AAI3 doesn't revolve around Edgeworth at all. It's actually all about Kay. She found the other two spunky teenage girls to make the Yatagarasu.

Hey, I'd play it.

Spoiler: GK2
She finds them at the end of GK2; Edgeworth and Gumshoe

Spoiler: I haven't finished AAI2
Huh. Didn't see that one coming. I thoight that would be too illegal for Edgeworth...

Page 4 of 8 [ 282 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO