Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 2 of 8[ 283 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 


Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6142

Gammalad wrote:
You know I am wondering, is this guy Nick's grandfather, great grand father or great great grandfather?

Well, assuming each of these young men marry and have kids during their 30s, given Japanese conservatism on marriages, that'd make Ryuu Nick's great-grandpappy. This link works so well for many things.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

Thane wrote:
Skittlemask wrote:
A beautiful flower sounds like a really boring despription. Then again, I hate flowers, they give me headaches. Oh great, it's a sign. This girl is going to get on my nerves.
I just hope this girl doesn't have dead and/or missing parents, because that's getting really old. And that she's not Maya 6.0. I do think I'm going to like the dark atmosphere of this game, those are always my favorites.
I wonder if Nick knows about this ancestor? He's never mentioned one of his ancestos being a lawyer. Hey, perhaps he has more lawyer ancestors.


I like how absolutely every single assistant in the main series PLUS Kay's parents are dead. I'm usually very reluctant to sympathize with a character just because of missing/dead parents, but after Trucy it just became a source of irritation to me, the worst offender being Kay and Athena because they hyped it up so much and didn't even bother to explain what happened to the parent that wasn't murdered.



Well, would YOU trust your young and impressionable teenage daughter practically living with some 20 or 30 year old guy? Seems like a reasonable explanation as to why they always have missing/dead parents.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6142

dullahan1 wrote:
Thane wrote:
Skittlemask wrote:
A beautiful flower sounds like a really boring despription. Then again, I hate flowers, they give me headaches. Oh great, it's a sign. This girl is going to get on my nerves.
I just hope this girl doesn't have dead and/or missing parents, because that's getting really old. And that she's not Maya 6.0. I do think I'm going to like the dark atmosphere of this game, those are always my favorites.
I wonder if Nick knows about this ancestor? He's never mentioned one of his ancestos being a lawyer. Hey, perhaps he has more lawyer ancestors.


I like how absolutely every single assistant in the main series PLUS Kay's parents are dead. I'm usually very reluctant to sympathize with a character just because of missing/dead parents, but after Trucy it just became a source of irritation to me, the worst offender being Kay and Athena because they hyped it up so much and didn't even bother to explain what happened to the parent that wasn't murdered.



Well, would YOU trust your young and impressionable teenage daughter practically living with some 20 or 30 year old guy? Seems like a reasonable explanation as to why they always have missing/dead parents.

Does this give Phoenix Wright a motive for serial murder/kidnapping? :p
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

AGAIN: Phoenix looks into the cases of his ancestor. And we'll even know about Phoenix's father.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Posts: 970

dullahan1 wrote:
Thane wrote:
Skittlemask wrote:
A beautiful flower sounds like a really boring despription. Then again, I hate flowers, they give me headaches. Oh great, it's a sign. This girl is going to get on my nerves.
I just hope this girl doesn't have dead and/or missing parents, because that's getting really old. And that she's not Maya 6.0. I do think I'm going to like the dark atmosphere of this game, those are always my favorites.
I wonder if Nick knows about this ancestor? He's never mentioned one of his ancestos being a lawyer. Hey, perhaps he has more lawyer ancestors.


I like how absolutely every single assistant in the main series PLUS Kay's parents are dead. I'm usually very reluctant to sympathize with a character just because of missing/dead parents, but after Trucy it just became a source of irritation to me, the worst offender being Kay and Athena because they hyped it up so much and didn't even bother to explain what happened to the parent that wasn't murdered.



Well, would YOU trust your young and impressionable teenage daughter practically living with some 20 or 30 year old guy? Seems like a reasonable explanation as to why they always have missing/dead parents.


Look, I know you're probably joking, but seriously, the easiest way of avoiding this little problem would be to NOT make them so bloody impressionable. It worked with Maya, was fine with Trucy and after that it just became redundant.

It would be interesting if she were older than him, as some speculate, however. As long as she's not just a beautiful flower and a Maya clone, it's fine by me.
Image
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7738

I like the idea of her being overly serious and mentor like and all that, and I think she at least looks older than him. It would be really fun with a bit of swapped roles, I'd love to play a whimsical narrator.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6142

It's actually Ryuu that I'm slightly concerned about. So far, he's coming off to me as a generic shonen protagonist, and even in uniform, he's going to come off as a rather rambunctious lad unless he's 19, closing into 20. If Takumi does end up swapping the main characters' personalities in some fashion, I hope he has a good idea of how to keep them original.

Thinking about it, he'll probably know next to nothing about becoming a military tribunal attorney. Maybe we'll even get some lessons on swordsmanship. One can hope.

I like the idea that Susato can be a little spacey sometimes and is a fanatic about mysteries, and carries a gentle smile that hides a formidable intensity. I like to imagine her fluent in multiple languages, occasionally speaks a different language before correcting it, and loves to delve into her favorite stories. Eventually she gets Ryuu sort of into the genre, and they at one point use their knowledge of novels to decipher a murder.

Everything works out rather nicely...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2245

Might or might not be sorta interesting as background knowledge: Kuroiwa Ruiko was the most famous translator of detective novels in Meiji, with his translations (serialized in penny newspapers read by the masses) serving as a way to point out social problems. His first work was Houtei no Bijin ("The Beauty in the Courtroom"), based on Hugh Conway's Dark Days (can be read here, which he used to address social problems like mistaken court decisions and unfair trials. Sounds sorta like what Susato would have read.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

ZAWA ZAWA

Gender: Female

Location: Bristol, Rhode Island

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Posts: 168

Thane wrote:
Skittlemask wrote:
A beautiful flower sounds like a really boring despription. Then again, I hate flowers, they give me headaches. Oh great, it's a sign. This girl is going to get on my nerves.
I just hope this girl doesn't have dead and/or missing parents, because that's getting really old. And that she's not Maya 6.0. I do think I'm going to like the dark atmosphere of this game, those are always my favorites.
I wonder if Nick knows about this ancestor? He's never mentioned one of his ancestos being a lawyer. Hey, perhaps he has more lawyer ancestors.


I like how absolutely every single assistant in the main series PLUS Kay's parents are dead. I'm usually very reluctant to sympathize with a character just because of missing/dead parents, but after Trucy it just became a source of irritation to me, the worst offender being Kay and Athena because they hyped it up so much and didn't even bother to explain what happened to the parent that wasn't murdered.


Yes, they just do that to drive some sort of sympathy/empathy for the character. It worked with Maya, and I guess Trucy too but Kay and Athena were just out of hand. And I just sort of assumed that Bryne got divorced and Athena's father was just some guy that Metis had a fling with or something and just disappeared.

GoingforMiles wrote:
It would be really fun with a bit of swapped roles, I'd love to play a whimsical narrator.


Yeah it would be kinda fun but if they do swap personalities then I think Ryuunosuke should be serious at least sometimes or else the game isn't really going to get anywhere without Susato pulling him back on track. That'll get annoying very quickly if Ryuu is going to keep making a huge fool out of himself, especially considering his profession and the time period.
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Posts: 970

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
It's actually Ryuu that I'm slightly concerned about. So far, he's coming off to me as a generic shonen protagonist, and even in uniform, he's going to come off as a rather rambunctious lad unless he's 19, closing into 20. If Takumi does end up swapping the main characters' personalities in some fashion, I hope he has a good idea of how to keep them original.

Thinking about it, he'll probably know next to nothing about becoming a military tribunal attorney. Maybe we'll even get some lessons on swordsmanship. One can hope.

I like the idea that Susato can be a little spacey sometimes and is a fanatic about mysteries, and carries a gentle smile that hides a formidable intensity. I like to imagine her fluent in multiple languages, occasionally speaks a different language before correcting it, and loves to delve into her favorite stories. Eventually she gets Ryuu sort of into the genre, and they at one point use their knowledge of novels to decipher a murder.

Everything works out rather nicely...


And she learned the languages by time traveling Athena, of course. As long as she doesn't feel the need to throw around sentences in other languages at random, I don't mind.

But yes, while our information is very limited so far, Ryuu seems a bit...cliché? Passionate about the law, prone to danger, school uniform and young girls flocking to him. So basically, shonen Phoenix Wright.
Image
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6142

Thane wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
It's actually Ryuu that I'm slightly concerned about. So far, he's coming off to me as a generic shonen protagonist, and even in uniform, he's going to come off as a rather rambunctious lad unless he's 19, closing into 20. If Takumi does end up swapping the main characters' personalities in some fashion, I hope he has a good idea of how to keep them original.

Thinking about it, he'll probably know next to nothing about becoming a military tribunal attorney. Maybe we'll even get some lessons on swordsmanship. One can hope.

I like the idea that Susato can be a little spacey sometimes and is a fanatic about mysteries, and carries a gentle smile that hides a formidable intensity. I like to imagine her fluent in multiple languages, occasionally speaks a different language before correcting it, and loves to delve into her favorite stories. Eventually she gets Ryuu sort of into the genre, and they at one point use their knowledge of novels to decipher a murder.

Everything works out rather nicely...


And she learned the languages by time traveling Athena, of course. As long as she doesn't feel the need to throw around sentences in other languages at random, I don't mind.

But yes, while our information is very limited so far, Ryuu seems a bit...cliché? Passionate about the law, prone to danger, school uniform and young girls flocking to him. So basically, shonen Phoenix Wright.

Wait was it ever mentioned if Athena could translate stuff into Japanese? I'm not talking about Kokone. Nah, she's not going to throw out random words... she's going to throw out random names of famous detective fiction writers. It'd be the perfect way to torment Ryuu. (Now what did he do to deserve it? I'unno. Tell her to stop talking about stories and stick to reality? <- berserk button)

...I'm making this girl more psycho as I go along, aren't I?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

I don't think it really matters whether the parents are alive or dead. They said Maya's daterfather was dead and they didn't mention Kay's mother. Does that alone make Maya a better character? The fact that she got a one-off line about her father?

To be honest, I don't really mind the Maya clones (and I never thought Kay was a Maya clone. Sure, she's a female teenager that has a dead parent and assists the main character, but I think she's different enough). When I first saw Ema, I immediately thought she was a Maya clone but ended up loving her and she's one of my favorite characters (though got knocked down a few notches in Apollo Justice). I also thought Trucy as a Maya clone, but she ended up surpassing Maya as well IMO, even though she retained some of the flaws of Maya's character as well

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6142

JesusMonroe wrote:
I don't think it really matters whether the parents are alive or dead. They said Maya's dater was dead

Poor Maya's dater. We never knew him. (´・⋏・`) I think I have a suspect, though.

The reason there are so many dead or missing parents is because of two things: (1) the girl has to feel left alone somehow, so Nick or whoever can come in and help, and (2) it's easier to write dead/missing parents than alive ones, especially if we never hear from them again or if we ever did at all. In any case, they're out of the story.

Then again, Thane was just complaining about the general archetype behind building the assistant characters. At the core, they are pretty similar, but ya know, as long as their name isn't Edgeworth, all of Nick's allies come to about the same after a while. They treat him like dirt during investigations unless they're desperate for help, and then when he's in court, they treat him as the Messiah. That sort of logic, eh?

But at least we now know that Nick wasn't adopted and that's what really matters, right?

No, wait. We need to know if Nick is part mythical creature. I can't help but think that he was destined to be called "Ryuu-One" or "The Phoenix". I mean, he has an ancestor whose name is pretty much "Dragon's messenger". I've got it. Those ARE feathers on his head. It explains why they can stick out so much without wilting to gravity.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com


Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2245

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
But at least we now know that Nick wasn't adopted and that's what really matters, right?


Couldn't that be used to do a more faithful localization of Dai Gyakuten Saiban, whilst maintaining its relation (Ryuunosuke -> Phoenix) to the localization of the other AA games?
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6142

So he WAS raised by birds... I swear this is the last time I'll post this. Er, I mean, by Americans, since he's actually Japanese, and then... um, who are these parents anyway?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
The reason there are so many dead or missing parents is because of two things: (1) the girl has to feel left alone somehow, so Nick or whoever can come in and help, and (2) it's easier to write dead/missing parents than alive ones, especially if we never hear from them again or if we ever did at all. In any case, they're out of the story.

Then again, Thane was just complaining about the general archetype behind building the assistant characters. At the core, they are pretty similar, but ya know, as long as their name isn't Edgeworth, all of Nick's allies come to about the same after a while. They treat him like dirt during investigations unless they're desperate for help, and then when he's in court, they treat him as the Messiah. That sort of logic, eh?

Also, so there's an excuse to why these girls are hanging out with Nick. Maya basically lived with Nick or at Kurain Village, and it never needed to be said, "I have to go now. My Dad is worried about me." With Ema, her sister raised her. When Lana was arrested...who knows how she fed herself

Trucy is the most realistic situation. Nick adopted her because her Dad was gone and her uncle was (briefly) in jail, so he's a nice guy. I'm sure he doesn't have a problem with her and Apollo hanging out. By the way, didn't Detective Badd raise Kay in AAI after her father died?

But yeah, I agree it's time to get rid of the general archetype for building assistant characters. I don't really mind as long as the characters go in different directions. With Maya, her development is pretty stagnant until 3-5 where she really comes through. Pearl also grows a lot. I love Trucy, but I thought it was kind of lazy how they basically gave her the same story as Maya (in that they both inherited the master (Kurain/Gramarye) title from their murdered parent). With Kay, you can also see real development and maturity with her. Her archetype was the same as the other assistants, but she ended up on a completely different path. Athena kind of stays Athena. Ema becomes really bitter because she's not a forensic scientist, which even though I'm not a fan of, it was a bold approach for her character (also, everyone loves Ema. Fans and creators. It's not a coincidence that she had a pointless cameo in each GK game)
Re: Meiji-era Daigyakuten Saiban for 3DSTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6142

At the very least, we know Susato is going in a completely different direction from the usual assistant archetypes. She's going to be the ideal Japanese woman who knows her place and is careful not to overstep social boundaries. And yet, she's still an avid dreamer who seeks to be a little more Western - read "Victorian English" - than most women during the time would prefer. I can already tell that the first time Ryuu meets her, he's going to find her a little on the "troubled" side, since she can act a bit haughty at times, but quickly apologizes because it could come off as rude.

As for Ryuunosuke, he's going to be a carbon copy of Phoenix but with a sword. At this time of history, he's also going to become the pioneer for what defines a "true" lawyer (and probably establish why most people don't like lawyers in the first place).

???: "Mind your own business, you nosy little brat! What would a runt like you know!?"
Susato: "Naruhodou-sama, it seems to be a frequent occurrence that you will be treated like a child."
Ryuunosuke: "Is this going to be the fate of all lawyers from now on...?"
Susato: "If you do not mind me saying, I suggest that you step back a bit and look at the big picture from a different angle. It is what a great detective would do when he meets an insurmountable hurdle."
Ryuunosuke: (Again with the "great detectives"... but she's right. There's little point arguing about what could have happened. Rather, I should turn my thoughts around and think about what has happened!)
*initiate new game mechanic*

...Oh, I've let my thoughts run wild again. Please excuse me.

I'd like to see a new game mechanic that works not only in court or in investigations, but during either one. If this world is set in a dark age of law (the genuine version), I suspect lone investigators like these two will meet a variety of dangers. It's where Ryuu can show off some fancy swordsmanship skills for once. As much as I'd like it to be a beat-em-up sequence, it's probably not going to happen... *sniff* Heck, Susato doesn't have to follow him everywhere; perhaps they agree to split up to gather clues at some point.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14183

So seeing as we have topics for the others and this is a thing now it's best we start WILDLY SPECULATING what'll go down in it.

So new Gyakuten Saiban, set in Meiji-Era Japan. A time when Japan was conceding to Western influences and modernising to catch up with the rest of the world. Just because the setting is so different and out there I imagine there will be plenty of opportunities for interesting and new cases and plot twists.

So far all we know is that the protagonist is Phoenix's ancestor and he has a rather cute but still somewhat sensible-looking assistant who is not confirmed to be anyone's ancestor yet. Though given this is set in Japan it wouldn't surprise me at all if she turned out to be a spirit medium or the progenitor of the Kurain family.

Also on my mind: The Prosecutor will be an English "Sherlock Holmes" type detective who smokes a pipe and rants on about how 'behind the times' Japan is.

The final case will have Ryuu's sword as the murder weapon, or perhaps the intro because it's always fun to have to defend yourself in court. Alternatively it could pull a 1-4 on us and open by showing Ryuu seemingly stabbing a dude and us taking a rival prosecutor's shoes to clear his name.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.


Last edited by Pierre on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3048

Pierre wrote:
So far all we know is that the protagonist is Phoenix's ancestor and he has a rather cute but still somewhat sensible-looking assistant who is not confirmed to be anyone's ancestor yet. Though given this is set in Japan it wouldn't surprise me at all if she turned out to be a spirit medium or the progenitor of the Kurain family.

fixed. (It would be an incredible turnabout if he's grandson went back to the past to make the Meiji Era follow his grandpappy's law style, thus the set up for DGS2)
Pierre wrote:
Also on my mind: The Prosecutor will be an English "Sherlock Holmes" type detective who smokes a pipe and rants on about how 'behind the times' Japan is.
J00 took my idea :sal: Although, this is totally probable.
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14183

SuperAj3 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
So far all we know is that the protagonist is Phoenix's ancestor and he has a rather cute but still somewhat sensible-looking assistant who is not confirmed to be anyone's ancestor yet. Though given this is set in Japan it wouldn't surprise me at all if she turned out to be a spirit medium or the progenitor of the Kurain family.

fixed. (It would be an incredible turnabout if he's grandson went back to the past to make the Meiji Era follow his grandpappy's law style, thus the set up for DGS2)
Pierre wrote:
Also on my mind: The Prosecutor will be an English "Sherlock Holmes" type detective who smokes a pipe and rants on about how 'behind the times' Japan is.
J00 took my idea :sal: Although, this is totally probable.


Whoops fixed it myself, lets try and NOT do back to the future in DGS that would be bad.

Though I only really got the idea after someone highlighted the other silhouette in the trailer. It just seems like it could be an exciting and different prosecutor that might fit in with the times.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3048

Pierre wrote:
Though I only really got the idea after someone highlighted the other silhouette in the trailer. It just seems like it could be an exciting and different prosecutor that might fit in with the times.

that was me. I just picture some pompous British man, smoking saying "I say, my dear boy, this killing is indeed the work of an Eastern Legend". Add a 「マイディーアボーイ!」(My Dear Boy!) Speech bubble, or an "I say!", and you're good to go! :moe-laugh:
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14183

SuperAj3 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Though I only really got the idea after someone highlighted the other silhouette in the trailer. It just seems like it could be an exciting and different prosecutor that might fit in with the times.

that was me. I just picture some pompous British man, smoking saying "I say, my dear boy, this killing is indeed the work of an Eastern Legend". Add a 「マイディーアボーイ!」(My Dear Boy!) Speech bubble, or an "I say!", and you're good to go! :moe-laugh:


It'll make Blackquill's mannerisms actually make sense if that was the case. Though I really hope we don't see that many 'ancestors' of characters in this series or other 'expys'. This could be the exciting new story that Apollo Justice could have been before returning characters stole all the limelight.

Though alright ;P When the Pick your Prosecutor competition comes around you can put him in as the entry.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3048

Pierre wrote:
Though alright ;P When the Pick your Prosecutor competition comes around you can put him in as the entry.

Haha, I totally forgot about the competition! And I was joking about the idea thing. (Sal Manella's not the most serious guy :basil: ) Granted, all I said was 'He's gonna smoke a pipe" so it's open to first poster hahaha
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Posts: 970

I think the prosecutor will be American, actually. Like, a Japanese stereotype of American; blond, buff, sunglasses and arrogant. Also, since most final cases has a guest prosecutor, he might end up dead (which may or may not have ties to some kind of xenophobic group/rebel faction whatever) with Ryuu being blamed. I like the idea of his sword being the murder weapon, and I like the idea of having to deal with people opposing change within Japan.

So...I essentially want Bandit Keith from Yugioh Abridged...

Also, the game should end with Phoenix reading the story of his ancestor...and being married to Maya
Image
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gardevoir lover

Gender: Male

Location: Puerto rico

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am

Posts: 2022

The first Dekiller is shown off here, that's what i want to see.
Image

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2245

If the prosecutor is a SH-esque character, will he also be a master of that ancient Japanese art of Baritsu?!

Personally, I hope that there's as few references to 'the Western countries / abroad etc' as possible. Yes, the Other was important to the Japanese government, and there were more foreign people in Japan than ever before (but even then... mostly in special areas), but I think it's kinda distracting for a GS plot if foreign powers are so 'present': the scale of the story becomes waaaaay to big IMHO (and yes, I know GK does that... but at least that was about a succesful prosecutor...).

And it isn't like there aren't not enough interesting events as a background, if we just look at a national level: there's the abolishment of the class system has potential for motives, as well as the fall of the Buddhist temples and nation building with Shinto myth building and national language / educational policies. And what about the aftermath of the revolution that brought them the Meiji period / power back to the emperor. Most motives in Yamafuu's Meiji Dantoudai were a result of the Meiji restoration: there were dead people on both sides of the fight and there was still tension between the people from different domains (Rurouni Kenshi does the same, by the way. Also: what if Ryuunosuke's sword is a Sakabatou?!)

The fact the trailer started as a movie, kinda makes me wonder if the game will be told by a Benshi...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7738

The Sherlock Holmes-type feels quite plausible and would be fun, even though I'd like another lady prosecutor for once :franny: (not that these two actually contradict each other, but yeah...)

Aaand as I think I've said earlier, I'm all for a De Killer appearance as well... otherwise I think they should stay away from going down the ancestor road as much as possible. Meeting Ami Fey would be cool though, as long as her role was kept fairly small.

I hope the judge is something radically different from the one (or two, but that barely counts) we've had now, I mean I love the guy, but come on. Perhaps a really sharp and authoritarian kind of person who of course turns out to be a murderer in the end The fact that Takumi said he barely knows the characters himself gives me a little hope about the new Naruhodo because right know he comes off as a typical ambitious male main character as well as a Phoenix/Apollo rip-off, and I'd want none of that. I'll keep on hoping he'll take a different route with him. (And "I'll become a lawyer... definitely"? I sincerely hope that's not supposed to be his catchphrase or anything, it makes him sound lamer than... Phoenix. And not in a good way (I think Phoenix is pretty lame, but in a fun way). As far as the assistant goes I have a little higher hopes that she will stand out from the previous ones.

...Yeah. I'm just talking about characters and stuff but I know next to nothing about the specific era, so I can't really think of how the plot and environment could be. But I love the idea of Naruhodo's sword being the murder weapon in a case.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6142

Something or other feels like deja vu. I swear there's another thread just like this one... and it's right on the same board.

Pierre, what should we do? We can't start up a rivalry of threads all of a sudden. It just won't do.

Still, there are some nice ideas in here that I don't want to have removed. Could some Mod stop by and merge the two threads?


Ash wrote:
If the prosecutor is a SH-esque character, will he also be a master of that ancient Japanese art of Baritsu?!

Is it truly a coincidence that the inventor of bartitsu is named E. W. Barton-Wright?

Quote:
The fact the trailer started as a movie, kinda makes me wonder if the game will be told by a Benshi...

And his name will be Katsuben. Just 'cause.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7738

Hahaha yes. Let the threads fight til death; this town isn't big enough for both of them. I though about there being a similar thread as well but as a lot of people had written in this already I thought maybe I was delusional and decided to hop in as well. :sahwit:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14183

Yo what? Similar threads?

Well...only one I can see is the GS6 thread...which I'd posted in before so I had considered that. I'm an old hand on this site, I bear in mind to look for similar threads before posting one so if I've missed one I apologise.

By this point I was under the impression that GS6 (Dual Destinies Team) and DGS (The Great Ace Attorney) were confirmed as different things so I didn't think the GS6 thread would be appropriate.

Quote:
I think the prosecutor will be American, actually. Like, a Japanese stereotype of American; blond, buff, sunglasses and arrogant. Also, since most final cases has a guest prosecutor, he might end up dead (which may or may not have ties to some kind of xenophobic group/rebel faction whatever) with Ryuu being blamed. I like the idea of his sword being the murder weapon, and I like the idea of having to deal with people opposing change within Japan.


You mean young Klavier, without the accent (which Dual Destinies abolished anyway).

Also why all the calls to DeKiller?
I mean I've not played AAI2 but I know he shows up, does he have some like hidden Japanese Ancestry or something revealed in that to justify it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

Pierre wrote:
Also why all the calls to DeKiller?
I mean I've not played AAI2 but I know he shows up, does he have some like hidden Japanese Ancestry or something revealed in that to justify it?

GK2 doesn't say much about it IIRC. In 2-4, De Killer says he comes from a long lineage of assassins, so it would make sense for an ancestor to appear in DGS
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14183

JesusMonroe wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Also why all the calls to DeKiller?
I mean I've not played AAI2 but I know he shows up, does he have some like hidden Japanese Ancestry or something revealed in that to justify it?

GK2 doesn't say much about it IIRC. In 2-4, De Killer says he comes from a long lineage of assassins, so it would make sense for an ancestor to appear in DGS


Ah I do remember something like that now yeah. That would totally give him reason to appear in this game, especially given the time era. Though again I'd rather we kept 'ancestors' to a sheer minimum.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6142

Granted, I could have named it a bit differently. I've left it as the other Dai Gyakuten Saiban thread on this board, though I meant it as a thread for ideas and whatnot. I figured since there was one like that, I'd just leave it as is. Sorry if I confused anyone.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Also why all the calls to DeKiller?
I mean I've not played AAI2 but I know he shows up, does he have some like hidden Japanese Ancestry or something revealed in that to justify it?

GK2 doesn't say much about it IIRC. In 2-4, De Killer says he comes from a long lineage of assassins, so it would make sense for an ancestor to appear in DGS

I don't think it makes that much sense. We don't know how long that lineage has lasted. But if so, couldn't we also get a mention of Himegami (Vasquez)'s group? They are Yakuza.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14183

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Granted, I could have named it a bit differently. I've left it as the other Dai Gyakuten Saiban thread on this board, though I meant it as a thread for ideas and whatnot. I figured since there was one like that, I'd just leave it as is. Sorry if I confused anyone.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Also why all the calls to DeKiller?
I mean I've not played AAI2 but I know he shows up, does he have some like hidden Japanese Ancestry or something revealed in that to justify it?

GK2 doesn't say much about it IIRC. In 2-4, De Killer says he comes from a long lineage of assassins, so it would make sense for an ancestor to appear in DGS

I don't think it makes that much sense. We don't know how long that lineage has lasted. But if so, couldn't we also get a mention of Himegami (Vasquez)'s group? They are Yakuza.


Is the Yakuza family really that old? I think a DeKiller assassin-type character would fit completely with the setting, especially in a big political case.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6142

Oh, the organization known now as the Yakuza had their origins back in the Edo Period, so yeah, they're definitely around. I expect a case or two will involve someone with gangster affiliation.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gardevoir lover

Gender: Male

Location: Puerto rico

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am

Posts: 2022

Edgeworth in 2 mentions the Dekillers lasting back to about 100 years, so it would make sense for a Dekiller to show up.
Image

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

One of the prosecutors is Edgeworth's or Blackquill's ancestor. (Considering that in the Japanese version of DD, Blackquill's outfit is from the Meiji period.)
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

We have to see Dekiller, a Steel Samurai and possibly one of Edgeworth's ancestors acting as a mentor to Wright
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Gender: Female

Location: Northern California

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Posts: 701

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Edgeworth in 2 mentions the Dekillers lasting back to about 100 years, so it would make sense for a Dekiller to show up.


I say we take it a step further: Ryuu vs Dekiller in a sword fight
Re: DGS Ideas (The Great Ace Attorney)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14183

shippersdreamer wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Edgeworth in 2 mentions the Dekillers lasting back to about 100 years, so it would make sense for a Dekiller to show up.


I say we take it a step further: Ryuu vs Dekiller in a sword fight


Would make a great cutscene, for that matter if Ryuu does get involved in a swordfight, it'll be the case where he has to defend himself.

Though we don't really know how good he is with that sword yet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 2 of 8 [ 283 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO