Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

Possibility for remakes...Topic%20Title

I was just thinking about if they remake earlier Ace Attorney games again, how would they improve it and wonder if this would be a good idea. How about non-linear versions of the earlier games or at least non linear trials? I mean, the challenge in making non-linear games was too much peripheral planning so you tend to to have many branches yet none of them stand out as being very remarkable. but when it comes to remaking Ace Attorney games, you already have a great plot layed out so it's just adding things on the side.

Basically, when it comes to non-linear trials, you can pursue different arguments, though not all of them will be right. Okay, you can sort of do that in the original games anyway, however you always know right away when you got the wrong approach. I'm talking about like...

Spoiler: 1-3
:object: : You ate the bone too!
:judge: : Mr. Wright, I too leave the bone(etc.)
:object: : I know what you're thinking, no human would ever eat the bone along with the steak. Which leads to only one conclusion, the witness isn't even human!
:judge: : WHAT?!
:snap: : !
:judge: : This is a very outrageous claim you are making Mr. Wright. You best hope you can back it up.
:think-pw: : I request further testimony from the witness.
:testimony:
:devasque: : Blah blah blah, I was born normally like everyone, what's this bull you're going on about?

Okay maybe that example was a bit extreme but you get the idea.
Re: Possibility for remakes...Topic%20Title

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

That's a pretty good scenario there. It would be pretty cool if you could somehow make the game less linear, but I imagine it would be rather difficult to plan for.

Surf's Up!

If they were going to remake the games, then what was the point of Ace Attorney Trilogy?

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Keeping it true to the how the originals were played, while updating the graphics and dialogue. That's what.

Art Person

I'd like to think after the release of GS6, and the engine and some of the AJ characters already modelled, making an AJ 3DS remake would be great! Then they could use that remake (with a Yomigaeru Gyakuten style case) and make the 2nd AA trilogy!
History will repeat itself for the best!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

While I don't necessarily see that kind of gameplay working in a remake, I think it would be really interesting to have it be in a new/spin-off game. I'd love to have the investigation segment open up too, either in an AAI-style investigation or a Myst-like point-and-click adventure game. So you'd have in-depth, complex investigation and have more complicated trials in the game too. It could be a good place to bring back the jury trials, too, as the jury could respond positively or negatively to how irrelevant your questioning was.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Great Revival

I wish Logic Chess was like that in AAI2.... :sadshoe:

This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!

If you want a non-linear Ace Attorney style game, there are already some out there. For instance, there is a game called Regeria Hope in progress which will have multiple branching paths you can take depending on how honest or corrupt of an attorney you wish to be. Episode 4 will even have either one or two cases to play through, depending on the player's decisions up to that point. I'm not sure how well a non-linear game in the Ace Attorney universe itself would work, due to how continuity-heavy those games are, but that style of game in general does have some potential.
Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.

Swimming, Anyone?

I just want more than 4 cases per game if they ever remake them again. Gosh darnit the games are too short even the first time around!
Add me on steam! Its Kururu the engineer nightmare! And wii u! Thats lowcatzrock.
OLD BAG IS A HOOWITCH
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps