Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 2[ 50 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Future prosecutors?Topic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

What kind of rival prosecutor would you have in a future Ace Attorney game? I'll make a list of them as we go along here:

GS1: Will do anything to get the defendant found guilty (Miles Edgeworth)
GS2: Carries a whip in court (Franziska von Karma)
GS3: Wears a mask and drinks coffee (Godot)
GS4: Is the lead singer in a band (Klavier Gavin)
GS5: Convicted for murder and attacks with a hawk (Simon Blackquill)
GS6: Religious monk who believes in guilty verdicts saving the victim (Nahyuta Sahdmadhi)

Well, here's my idea:

A female prosecutor whose age and background are unknown. For unknown reasons, she has a cybernetic body, similar to Seven in Xenoblade Chronicles, and her true face is concealed by a mask. She is feared by most people, and seeks only one objective: The conviction of the defendant at all costs.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Not sure if we already have a topic for this, but...Topic%20Title

Here's mine: a Shaolin monk who wears his traditional robe and always mentions proverbs taken from Shaolin philosophy or Buddhist philosophy.

He is a highly- respected man in Kurain and is famous for his Kung Fu skills. He believes the Magic Mirror is completely reliable, so that he thinks defense attorneys are completely useless, since they want to cover the truth to defend their clients.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Last edited by Slammer on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

I would love to have a game where the prosecutor was your character's mom. Seriously. And she was recalling embarrassing events from your childhood and giving you motherly advice or something while prosecution. I just think that would be hilarious.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Chronically Unstable

I'd love to see a middle-aged (40-50 years old) run-of-the-mill veteran prosecutor who always acts professional in court and has his moral values set straight (for instance, he presents all of the evidence at the beginning of the trial and discloses all nuances right off the bat), but is also an eccentric and enjoyable fellow outside of his job, as well as a family man. You know, a normal person. With a classy moustache, preferrably. And no tragic backstory, if possible. Basically, something akin to Detective Jowd from Ghost Trick.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Slammer wrote:
Here's mine: a Shaolin monk who wears his traditional robe and always mentions proverbs taken from Shaolin philosophy or Buddhist philosophy.

He is a highly- respected man in Kurain and is famous for his Kung Fu skills. He believes the Magic Mirror is completely reliable, so that he thinks defense attorneys are completely useless, since they want to cover the truth to defend their clients.

I agree with this one. Anything to kick Gaspen out. :gant:

More of a statesman who spent time as a monk, like in Thailand, since strictly monks wouldn't be allowed to practice law, unless they're pulling a sort of Blackquill here, where they had to "call him back" from the seclusion of the temple because "he's got a job to do".

Flying off the handle here, but since we're talking Kurain here, our next prosecutor might as well be dead, and merely channeled by someone. Huge aspect of the case involves looking for this missing person, and turns out s/he's been channeling the prosecutor all along, and Nick never knew.

Or maybe it's common knowledge. S/he's dead, and his/her assistant channels him/her for the duration of the trial, and Nick asks, as if death row convicts on the prosecution's bench weren't enough, how on earth can an actually dead (wo)man practice law?!
Re: Future prosecutors?Topic%20Title

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

I'd like to see a less competent Prosecutor. Somebody who dozes off during Court, forgets important evidence and testimony, and bluffs more than Phoenix. Someone to contrast all of the prodigies, that somehow blunders their way through giving players a challenge.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Slammer wrote:

Don't forget his amazing smack-talk skillz. Never underestimate what monks can do. :^)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Beware of the Dog

cyanoscarlet wrote:
Flying off the handle here, but since we're talking Kurain here, our next prosecutor might as well be dead, and merely channeled by someone. Huge aspect of the case involves looking for this missing person, and turns out s/he's been channeling the prosecutor all along, and Nick never knew.

A little off topic, but...
Have you ever wondered about whether the Kurain channeling technique has any effect on the mediums DNA or fingerprints while channeling a spirit?

Regarding the GS6 prosecutor... Well, maybe something like a orient-like dressed female version of Agent Lang?

Desk Slammin Extraordinaire

A child prosecutor.

I always wondered what defense attorneys felt when they had to face 13 year old Franziska back in Germany, I think it would make a good villain in a future game. Their quirk could be something childish like an obsession with gummy bears.

ASCEND

Myah wrote:
A child prosecutor.

I always wondered what defense attorneys felt when they had to face 13 year old Franziska back in Germany, I think it would make a good villain in a future game. Their quirk could be something childish like an obsession with gummy bears.

Or perhaps they're a really smart prosecutor, but they just have a really small vocabulary.

"So the guy in the stand over there dealt the final blow to the dead guy, then carried him to that other place using the upwards moving room thing!"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Jack of all trades, master of many

A monk for a prosecutor sounds like a fine unexplored idea. Perhaps said monk is isolated and is so bent to the truth he sides with the defense if things have discrepancies.

Shut-in mentality sounds like something you'd find in a place like Kurain.

Also, in the Investigations series, we have an athlete (Jacques Portsman), a Robin-Hood-type (Byrne Faraday), a (formerly) spoiled rich kid (Sebastian Debeste), and a biker (Blaise Debeste).

And in the crossover with Professor Layton, we have literal Knights Templar (e.g., Zacharias Barnham).

Furthermore, isn't there some sort of (presumed) shinigami-type (Barok Van Zieks) in that prequel with Phoenix's ancestor?

Last edited by Smithee on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello! Hello! *squawk*

Since this is Kurain we're talking about, there could be a dead Prosecutor.

*scribble scribble*

Polly wrote:
Since this is Kurain we're talking about, there could be a dead Prosecutor.

Oh my gosh. This could be like a prosecutor being channeled by their kid or sibling or something and no one had any idea they were dead until his spirit leaves the body.

I wonder how Phoenix would find a very bubbly and excitable prosecutor.
"People are like books. We've all got a front and a back. You get my drift?"

As long as it is not someone as bland and annoying as Blackquill, everything is fine.
Hell, even Gavin is better than Blackquill

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

*blank*
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Somehow they made Phoenix and Edgeworth's arcs last 6 games (and more), stop making new prosecutors and flesh out old ones like Franziska, Klavier or Blackquill :P

I think just for one game I would like to see what they could do with that approach because the new game, new prosecutor thing has gotten sort of predictable in terms of what it usually entails for the story. The awesomest thing for me about the trilogy was how it kept throwing Phoenix and Maya into new situations and sometimes it would involve personal stuff like Maya and her clan or Phoenix ending up in situations that you hadn't seen him in (like getting badly wounded in T&T or how he reacts to his friend getting kidnapped or finds out that his client is guilty etc.)

I don't just want Phoenix to be a vessel for new stories even if that's the way the formula basically works. When a series manages to be this long they have to shake up some of the formula.

They could totally focus on having a new character like Rayfa or a new judge just for one game and then make Klavier or Franziska return as the main rivals.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

The man for your trials!

I would like a prosecutor who is obsessive over the player character. Not revenge driven like :godot:or :franny:though. In this case, they're obsessive because they develop a crush on the player character. Basically, the :wendy:to :apollo:or :athena:, and they're trying to convict the defendant because they want to impress the player character. When their case is basically unprovable, they suddenly switch sides, and begin to work with the player charater, in hopes that it will increase their respect.

When no other bird dares to take wing.

I for one would like to see Kay Faraday come back as a prosecutor like her dad... but then I'm also hoping she fulfills her dream of recruiting a defense attorney and a detective to form the next generation of the Yatagarasu.

um...hi your honour?

I think it would be a nice if a certain main attorney in AA dies after a loosing his/her client to an incident which affected the whole nation.

The game takes place 4 years after the incident and we face a new prosecutor who we know absolute nothing about. Bad shit insane, but he respects the defence enough not to let them fave a fair chance.

What I'm getting at is that it would be revealed to be the afromentioned attorney.

Like it? What do you think?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Maybe a final prosecutor could be something like a corrupt person who is also an abusive parent. His special phrase could be "Damn you!" or "この野郎!".

:)

linkenski wrote:
Somehow they made Phoenix and Edgeworth's arcs last 6 games (and more), stop making new prosecutors and flesh out old ones like Franziska, Klavier or Blackquill :P

I would enjoy this much more.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thinking about it, with Gaspen Payne off in Khura'in and probably not returning to Japan any time soon, will GS7 be the triumphant return of Winston Payne? If so, let him have the most amazing pompadour with a delicious swirl atop. Everyone will be stunned silent when they enter court.

As in, the trial will be slightly delayed because people and the judge need a few minutes to stop staring and talking about his hair.

"Hmm... In a way, it reminds me a bit of an ice cream swirl."
"I dunno... with that dark color, it reminds me of something else..."
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The unbeatable prose- OBJECTION!

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Thinking about it, with Gaspen Payne off in Khura'in and probably not returning to Japan any time soon, will GS7 be the triumphant return of Winston Payne? If so, let him have the most amazing pompadour with a delicious swirl atop. Everyone will be stunned silent when they enter court.

As in, the trial will be slightly delayed because people and the judge need a few minutes to stop staring and talking about his hair.

"Hmm... In a way, it reminds me a bit of an ice cream swirl."
"I dunno... with that dark color, it reminds me of something else..."

Yes, this should happen! Winston Payne needs to make a great return, hopefully more experienced and ready to take down Phoenix.

The miracle never happen

Just bring back Franziska, I don't think anyone would object to that, give us a game with Franziska prosecuting, I'd really like to see how she actually is in court now that the events of the previous games should have changed her stance on the matter, even if it's just for a cameo, just bring her back... plz.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Leader of SCWRM Comms

Kessler wrote:
Just bring back Franziska, I don't think anyone would object to that, give us a game with Franziska prosecuting, I'd really like to see how she actually is in court now that the events of the previous games should have changed her stance on the matter, even if it's just for a cameo, just bring her back... plz.

Also she can FINALLY get around to giving Phoenix and Maya the card.

Ready for action!

I want more Prosecutors like Klavier. Lately the series seems to be like "Defense Attorneys good, Prosecutors bad". I want more Prosecutors that are friendly and not corrupted, while still being a challenge in court.

The miracle never happen

I had an idea for a blind prosecutor with two holes where his eyes should be, he could wear a bandana around his eyes and look all badass and stuff, I mean come on, a blind guy with no eyes is definitely a cool thing.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

um...hi your honour?

Kessler wrote:
I had an idea for a blind prosecutor with two holes where his eyes should be, he could wear a bandana around his eyes and look all badass and stuff, I mean come on, a blind guy with no eyes is definitely a cool thing.

yeah.......I see the total badassness in your idea! It's really cool.

Eater of minds

I kinda want to see a seemingly incapable prosecutor with a Larry Butz-personality- goofy, airheaded and easygoing. He's super friendly with the defense and lets them do whatever cause 'he's awesome so he's gonna win' or something. During actual trials, he objects and once questioned, he replies that he doesn't remember why he objected and ends up getting a penalty... until he proclaims to remember what he objected about- and it actually makes sense, poking a hole in the defense's claim.

So basically, a Larry Butz-ish prosecutor with the bluffs and logic of Trilogy Wright. Gets along with everyone pretty well and isn't actually very picky with befriending others. Has a serious side when a certain case is brought up.

As it turns out, this prosecutor has been following the trail of some murder case he was involved with many years ago. In the final case, prosecutor is murdered by same culprit as he learned the truth. He manages to leave the defense some evidence he prepared knowing that something may happen to him.

.... Yeah. Idk.

The video game boy; the one who wins

^Yeah, I'd like that.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

More than ever after SoJ I just want the main series to try building on the characters they have already. You can't do much with Edgey that hasn't been beaten into the ground already but you can with Franzy, Klavier or Blackquill, and besides, my point here isn't even to pick a prosecutor who needs some great development, it's to do what I thought SoJ would do which was to focus on a new coutroom figure like Rayfa rather than to empahasize the prosecutor. They could do it with the Judge or introduce juries like in DGS but maybe only have one extra or something.

I think it starts to feel thin at this point how formulaic every game is.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Actually, since the games are using the multiple playable attorneys system, I don't see why it couldn't use different prosecutors - each prosecutor being the rival of one of the main characters. I agree that there is room for growth for characters like Franziska and Klavier. In retrospect, it is sad that we had to deal with Nayuta in GS6, when they could have used an old, better character in a creative way...

If there's one prosecutor that needs to come back, that's Nahyuta. Every other main one has had their arc finished, Nahyuta's is barely starting.
Satorha imao mando mo samashi detashi nu ketare gasayo sonoka!

My Idea: A surfer with a hardcore attitude and makes a lot of surfing metaphors.

um...hi your honour?

Reznov877 wrote:
My Idea: A surfer with a hardcore attitude and makes a lot of surfing metaphors.

Despite the funny moments it would make...it's better if it's a witness.

Gettin' Old!

Unmei25 wrote:
I kinda want to see a seemingly incapable prosecutor with a Larry Butz-personality- goofy, airheaded and easygoing. He's super friendly with the defense and lets them do whatever cause 'he's awesome so he's gonna win' or something. During actual trials, he objects and once questioned, he replies that he doesn't remember why he objected and ends up getting a penalty... until he proclaims to remember what he objected about- and it actually makes sense, poking a hole in the defense's claim.

So basically, a Larry Butz-ish prosecutor with the bluffs and logic of Trilogy Wright. Gets along with everyone pretty well and isn't actually very picky with befriending others. Has a serious side when a certain case is brought up.

As it turns out, this prosecutor has been following the trail of some murder case he was involved with many years ago. In the final case, prosecutor is murdered by same culprit as he learned the truth. He manages to leave the defense some evidence he prepared knowing that something may happen to him.

.... Yeah. Idk.

Got some parallels with Sebastian Debeste there from AAI2 and he was pretty well received.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Seeing this thread in real-time made me realize that Slammer was right on the money when it came to predicting a monk prosecutor, nicely done lol

I think for another Khura'in-focused game, I'd want Nahyuta back again for the main prosecutor

Spoiler: AA6 Spoilers
Cuz he wasn't able to truly be "himself" since he was essentially watched over hawkishly by Ga'ran. We could also find out more nuances of the relationship between Apollo and him this way. Heck, instead of the devout religious monk persona he had, he could act much more differently since a lot of that was an act anyway due to Ga'ran's manipulations.

But for another Japanifornia game, I really like Trialman's idea of a prosecutor having a crush on the defense attorney. Maybe someone nerdy-looking but adorable-acting, sort of like a benevolent version of how Sebastian Debeste originally started off in AAI2 (or maybe like Ron Stoppable for a non-AA example), as the prosecutor for Athena's game (I'm sure hers is coming up next, since her story needs to continue while Phoenix's and Apollo's are well-rounded out at this point).

Happy Maria

I just kinda want a prosecutor who's just evil. No truth,only convictions. Been a while,I feel.

Everyone = Guilty

After Blackquill they can go only 1 single route stop with reply the old

AKA i want Franziska as the Main Prosecutor For AA7

Last edited by Apollojustice12345 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Page 1 of 2 [ 50 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps