Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 10 of 11[ 433 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Re: Character TYPE you would like to see?Topic%20Title

Hello, Adrian.

Posting in this thread again.

Revising my former post, I'd like to see a Priest-type character in the game. He'd be old, Catholic, have lots of crosses, and be like the Damon Gant of the church.

His name will be...

Difoye Cyns.
Mostly a lurker now. I used to be active once upon a time.
Thank you PandaPrinzessin for the sig and avy, I love them!

I've had this idea for a narcoleptic prosecutor. You know, a prosecutor who falls asleep in the middle of the trial and still manages to prosecute. He stands(lies) behind his desk wearing nothing but pyjamas and a night cap, and may even throw with pillows(though that might make him to similar to :godot: ). His objection would consist of him mumbling "objection..." in his sleep.
But when he wakes up, you're in big trouble.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

OBJECTION!

That sounds a cool idea actually, I like it. Quirky and menacing at the same time.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

I'd like to see a new personality for most caracters:

Defense attorney- Quite dry and sarcastic, who seems to prefer to mock the prosecutor rather than it be the other way around. (possibly a woman)

Assistant- possibly a male assistant to break the AA tradition of teenage girl assistants.

Prosecutor- Care free and lighthearted, outwardly nonchalant.

And loads more GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS :hotti: heeheehee
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

Like mentioned before in the thread, a gamer. He/she could use gaming terms and such.

A cosplayer?

A ninja

A pirate

A doctor or nurse, maybe?

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Religious Fanatic who sincerely believes they were doing humanity good by commiting murder and who doesn't hate the Defense Team, but rather likes them and wishes to "Save" them and is sorry when they realize that the Protagonists will never agree with their twisted views of the world.

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

The miracle finally happen...

A kid witness who manages to figure out the entire murder plot before the defense. Possibly Apollo in a flashback case.

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Zekrom025 wrote:
A kid witness who manages to figure out the entire murder plot before the defense. Possibly Apollo in a flashback case.

Chibi!Pollo: Ace Kid-Detective. :-3

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

GOD! MY! OH!

someone like Stringer Bell
or any black person for that matter

but if i had to keep things realistic,and go with a character stomachable for the Japanese market, I'd want to see a sweaty creepy otaku as a defendant (think more Perfect Blue,less the creator of Steel Samurai), asocial and /w speech impediment, who's accused of killing his favorite aidoru

Psychotic Musician

Someone that is perhaps a bit hyperactive. Like Maya, but not a total copycat of her.

Signature done by Panda Prinzessin :)

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

We definitely need a pirate captain, and something else I'm hoping for is a superhero, kind of like the Yatagarasu, except they don't steal, what they do is legal, etc, and they end up being the killer. More Ace Detectives, possibly with less of an ego. More magicians, and perhaps we'll get another Phantom Thief, someone similar to the one in my avatar?

The miracle finally happen...

A golfer. Then they could call him Lion Forest.
Aha aha aha aha aha
Aha aha aha aha
Aha aha aha
:moe-laugh:

(I reeeeealy hope someone actually gets this) :oops:

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Oh, don't worry, I got it! :will:

How about another Ace Detective? We are lacking intellectual characters with monocles.

Providing nothing important since 1993!

One thing that somewhat interested me about Ron DeLite was the idea that he thought he was Mask DeMasque. Now, he actually WAS Mask DeMasque, but how about introducing a killer/defendant/witness who actually thinks he/she is someone else? For instance, here's a poor scenario off the top of my head:

A popular, attractive singer (let's call him Arto Chune for now or something) is accused of murdering a popular music critic (Tabby Lloyd). Arto is innocent, but he was there on the day of the crime to bribe the music critic in order to get a good review for his new album. Our witness is a young man by the name of John Smith. He's not very attractive and hardly resembles Arto, but has convinced himself that he is, in fact, Arto. He calls himself Arto, dresses like Arto, and even tries to perform onstage. Anyway, Tabby has been murdered by Arto's driver (Can't be bothered to come up with a name here D:) who has disguised himself as Arto. The incident has been caught on CCTV, and when the leaked footage hits the internet, John sees the disguised driver killing Tabby and convinces himself that he's the murderer. Apollo has to deal with a guy making anonymous claims that he (read: Arto) is indeed the murderer.

That got kinda confusing to the end, sorry D:

I'd like to see MORE narcissistic characters like Luke Atmey and Richard Wellington xD
They're hatable, but they usually give the case some comedy and challenge xD

and characters like Oldbag *cough*
Made by me :D

Ace Edgeworth Fangirl

I'm personally a fan of female villains. I feel like they're underused in both AA and video games in general (well really, the whole world of fiction in general). We've had a couple good maniacal ladies in the series, but I'm always ready to see more. :gant:

Gettin' Old!

Tiramisu wrote:
I'm personally a fan of female villains. I feel like they're underused in both AA and video games in general (well really, the whole world of fiction in general). We've had a couple good maniacal ladies in the series, but I'm always ready to see more. :gant:

Really? I thought the balance was....ok, definitely not as bad as other series.

Spoiler: List of Female Villains
Dahlia, Morgan, Vasquez, April May (to an extent), Alita Tiala, Calisto Yew, Viola (to an extent), Cammy Meele.

Well I guess it's not entirely balanced but I wouldn't say they are underused or ignored.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ace Edgeworth Fangirl

Pierre wrote:
Tiramisu wrote:

Really? I thought the balance was....ok, definitely not as bad as other series.

Spoiler: List of Female Villains
Dahlia, Morgan, Vasquez, April May (to an extent), Alita Tiala, Calisto Yew, Viola (to an extent), Cammy Meele.

Well I guess it's not entirely balanced but I wouldn't say they are underused or ignored.

I see what you mean... but then look at aaaaaaall our male villains!

Spoiler:
Redd White, Gant, Kristoph, The Tiger, Engarde and the assassin, Mr. Wellington, Von Karma, Yogi, Mr. Crazy Hair from the Lamiroir case whose name escapes me, Quercus Alba, Jacques Portman... the list goes on!

All I'm saying is I think our female killers are interesting, and it would be fun to see more of them. :edgy:

HEARTC☆RE

Quote:
All I'm saying is I think our female killers are interesting, and it would be fun to see more of them. :edgy:

I agree, I'd like to see more female murderers/criminals.

my heart is nuclear
love is all that I fear

Beautiful flower

beterbomen wrote:
I've had this idea for a narcoleptic prosecutor. You know, a prosecutor who falls asleep in the middle of the trial and still manages to prosecute. He stands(lies) behind his desk wearing nothing but pyjamas and a night cap, and may even throw with pillows(though that might make him to similar to :godot: ). His objection would consist of him mumbling "objection..." in his sleep.
But when he wakes up, you're in big trouble.

Prosecutor Cammy Meele. :hotti:

For me, I'd like to have a normal character. No extravagant design, weird habits, not a child prodigy whatsoever, just normal. But he/she'd have strong personality which makes him/her different from the others, rather than relying on wacky designs.

Gregory is an example of a 'normal' character in the series, but he soon
Spoiler: GK2 gameplay
takes up Edgeworth's Logic system and pwn everyone.
I'm not saying that that's a bad thing, it's just that when there are so many eccentric and outstanding characters, they became common and lose their charm.

Besides that, in AJ2 (if they make an AJ2), I'd like to have a client who actually needs his help. Someone who actually need Apollo's defense, kind of like how Maya need Phoenix's when she was accused of Mia's murder. By helping said character, Apollo will gain a moral boost and hopefully can shine, rather than being a buttmonkey all the time.

It's also welcomed that this character is not 'shady' (or involved in 'shady' business, like Wocky and Vera). Unlike Phoenix, Apollo didn't start off with a clean record. He was used by his first client to achieve the the client's goal, forcing him to utilise a fabricated evidence in his first trial. After that, he defended a mob boss' son and a forger. That isn't the best thing to brag about, especially for a greenhorn attorney like him.

... I admit that this point leans heavily towards helping Apollo. :payne: I can't help it though, I want to see him get an -actual- client for once.

Moving on...

In response to a couple of posters before me; instead of having more female villain, why don't we have more female victims? They are smaller in number compared to the male victims throughout the entire AA games. In fact, there are so little of them that I have forgotten how many female victims we actually have. :gant: The female victims, aside from Cindy, Mia and Misty, don't leave strong impression on me. For example, the only female victims that I really remember (aside from the ones stated above), are Celeste Inpax and Valerie Hawthorne, but they're not even directly related to Phoenix's case. Or I might just losing my memory :yogi:

It'd be refreshing to see a different kind of victim once in a while. The current trend of AA murders have led me to think that the male community of Japanifornia is prone to be killed rather than the female. :larry:
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

Ace Sidekick!

A character that is relatable. Like someone who is usually seen by the world as an outcast.

Or a male character who is openly gay/bisexual. (Ok, maybe that's just my fangirl side doing the talking.)

State Alchemist

I want a villain with a secret identity. What would be really interesting is if this person were a woman in a disguise who is assumed to be a man like the Phantasm from the animated Batman series.

For side characters, maybe I'd like to see an "anti-Maya" character. A person who acts like an adult, but is really childish inside as opposed to Maya who acts childish, but is really mature on the inside. Although one could argue Franziska is already like that.

I think it would be interesting to see the murderer being a judge.
Just imagine: you accuse the judge of being the real killer. And then you will be penalized and the judge will send you out of the courtroom. But then the prosecutor saves you and they have to find a new judge.
I want to make a fangame out of this now...

A completely level-headed character. One that is really hard to fluster, doesn't lose their cool and is, in general, balanced in terms of their mood. With the new Emotion System in GS5, this person could be like one of the toughest characters to figure out - they have a perfectly level headed way of thinking, talking and acting, which makes it difficult to know when they are lying in regards to emotion that should be shown.
There are people, after all, who don't cry when somebody close to them dies or gets angry that easily.

In general for a character, though, I want a witness that appears once - and has not a single flaw in their testimony. They don't lie, they don't make things up. They answer in clear-cut, direct sentences. They don't reveal information, unless specifically asked for it.
You might think that's boring, but I would like to see that.

Otherwise, perhaps a character that seems perfectly normal at times - but can switch to reveal a sadistic side at certain times. Or maybe they have a 'Berserk Button' and mentioning that would result in them ranting about that topic. Just give us a character that is a bit more complex instead of the "This character is a jerk" but is then revealed to "have a really good heart" or the other way around, in the case of Dahlia, Alita and similar.

C-A

Racing through the sky like a Missile

OrderOfTheNick wrote:
I think it would be interesting to see the murderer being a judge.
Just imagine: you accuse the judge of being the real killer. And then you will be penalized and the judge will send you out of the courtroom. But then the prosecutor saves you and they have to find a new judge.
I want to make a fangame out of this now...

That reminds me. Since GK2 was released, I'd been hoping for a more corrupt judge thrown into the system and tied into a much greater conspiracy of some sort. So far we have three types of judges: The Judge, his brother, and Justice Mikagami; the one who "isn't sure what to think", the one who "isn't sure how to feel", and the one that is legitimately intelligent and wise, as well as difficult to faze. How about a new judge that doesn't bother with proper verdicts because they're "too much trouble", or that he's just "not interested"? Yes, you'd have to wonder how he could even become a judge in the first place, but remember that corruption is always afoot in the AAverse. It definitely fits in with the theme that GS5 is following. And the greatest problem is that there's a mysterious loophole in the system that keeps him in place.

Heck, throw in a corrupt jury. That'll definitely add a challenge. The only way you'd be able to beat this system is to provide irrefutable evidence - decisive or circumstantial will be the only remaining question.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Heck, throw in a corrupt jury. That'll definitely add a challenge. The only way you'd be able to beat this system is to provide irrefutable evidence - decisive or circumstantial will be the only remaining question.

As we've already seen in AJ, a hung jury results in a guilty verdict, so all you'd need to get a corrupt jury is one biased juror. They could be anyone, from someone with an old grudge against the defendant to a plant (easiest to get in, as they won't have to have any actual involvement in the case), or even the killer themselves (who could either sneak their way in, or be so successfull at hiding their involvement to the case that they get picked by pure chance). In either case, it could mean we get to meet some of the jurors and talk to them (secretly, because the jury is not supposed to get any outside influence, of course).
And before anyone says that "Juries don't work that way", remember, this is not a real court system. This is the AA court system, primed and tested for 100% maximum uneffectiveness. :will:
--------------

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Sidekick!

Pitipiui wrote:
Ooh, I want a cute male sidekick! :garyuu:

...What? D:

You're not the only one. ;P

Pitipiui wrote:

...What? D:

Yeah where's the love for fangirls who play this game and don't want to have to pretend to act like a penis-owner? I'd love a male sidekick. As long as they don't turn him into a Shota character.
Urgh... I hate shota.

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

CatMuto wrote:
Pitipiui wrote:

...What? D:

Yeah where's the love for fangirls who play this game and don't want to have to pretend to act like a penis-owner? I'd love a male sidekick. As long as they don't turn him into a Shota character.
Urgh... I hate shota.

C-A

Shota? And yeah, whenever I talk to guys about Apollo Justice the first person they mention is Trucy. ^^; Even my brother thinks she's cute, but he loves Franziska the most.
And my friend who has never played Ace Attorney now has a crush on Ema..

Emiko Gale wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Pitipiui wrote:

...What? D:

Urgh... I hate shota.

C-A

Shota? And yeah, whenever I talk to guys about Apollo Justice the first person they mention is Trucy. ^^; Even my brother thinks she's cute, but he loves Franziska the most.
And my friend who has never played Ace Attorney now has a crush on Ema..

You know, I'm starting to think we need to get out more.
--------------

Ace Sidekick!

And do what? Where I live it's like the Hundred Acre Wood without the stuffed animals. I am a highschool graduate currently jobless and I won't be in university until summer or fall. :sad-maya:
Besides, I kind of like being stuck in my own fairy tale right now, and I'm currently having a One Piece marathon.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I think a male assistant would be fine, although maybe not for the same reasons you guys have brought up lol.
I also think if they ever do another protagonist switch they should have a female lead with a male sidekick. I don't want AA still caught up in "Law & Order" Syndrome where the Lawyer is always the man and the assistant is always the woman, and when the ADA gets promoted to the DA, a new guy gets the DA job rather than the female EADA even though she's been there for YEARS and has more experience.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Quote:
a plant (easiest to get in, as they won't have to have any actual involvement in the case)

Why did I suddenly imagine Charley in the... no, forget it. As awful as these courts can be, they won't go there... I hope. (Don't worry, I know what you mean.)

beterbomen wrote:
As we've already seen in AJ, a hung jury results in a guilty verdict, so all you'd need to get a corrupt jury is one biased juror. They could be anyone, from someone with an old grudge against the defendant to a plant (easiest to get in, as they won't have to have any actual involvement in the case), or even the killer themselves (who could either sneak their way in, or be so successfull at hiding their involvement to the case that they get picked by pure chance). In either case, it could mean we get to meet some of the jurors and talk to them (secretly, because the jury is not supposed to get any outside influence, of course).

This is a great chance to pull in characters from outside cases as well, even if for nothing but an early introduction and some level of foreshadowing for a following case. I don't know if Capcom will take that route, though. It may be unnecessary procedure... then again, this is court in AAverse.

Following that thought, the plant can be planted by anyone - criminals, attorneys, laypeople, etc. As I've mentioned before, this is big potential for debate over the jurist system's reliability. Nick will have to address this issue as efficiently as possible, since he's the one responsible for setting it up in the first place. If Capcom is taking this route, I can understand why Phoenix would take the lead role again (beside the obvious play to fanservice), instead of Apollo or (if she had any chance at all) Kokone. They are still rookies, after all, and going into this territory in law can be dangerous in certain circumstances. (And just the right place to put a more experienced Phoenix Wright back into the main storyline. Apollo can fit in somehow... and learn.)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Emiko Gale wrote:
And do what? Where I live it's like the Hundred Acre Wood without the stuffed animals. I am a highschool graduate currently jobless and I won't be in university until summer or fall. :sad-maya:
Besides, I kind of like being stuck in my own fairy tale right now, and I'm currently having a One Piece marathon.

You're me, two years ago.
I'm still unemployed, I've had three One Piece Marathons (to the point that I now know the show so well that I'm sick of rewatching it), my higher education has failed, and I still don't get out enough (or at all, really).
And trust me, it's not as much fun anymore after your first year.
So if you fare better two years from now, I'd love to hear from you. Good luck. (no sarcasm intended)

Anyway;

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
beterbomen wrote:

This is a great chance to pull in characters from outside cases as well, even if for nothing but an early introduction and some level of foreshadowing for a following case. I don't know if Capcom will take that route, though. It may be unnecessary procedure... then again, this is court in AAverse.

Following that thought, the plant can be planted by anyone - criminals, attorneys, laypeople, etc. As I've mentioned before, this is big potential for debate over the jurist system's reliability. Nick will have to address this issue as efficiently as possible, since he's the one responsible for setting it up in the first place. If Capcom is taking this route, I can understand why Phoenix would take the lead role again (beside the obvious play to fanservice), instead of Apollo or (if she had any chance at all) Kokone. They are still rookies, after all, and going into this territory in law can be dangerous in certain circumstances. (And just the right place to put a more experienced Phoenix Wright back into the main storyline. Apollo can fit in somehow... and learn.)

I thought about plants being put there by characters like Red White, but you make a good point with that they could be put there by anyone. Though, because juries are chosen randomly, it'd be hard to plant someone without the right connections.
And of course, if they go the "The killer is in the jury" route, we'd HAVE to meet at least some jurors, or we wouldn't know who to indict.
--------------

Ace Sidekick!

beterbomen wrote:
You're me, two years ago.
I'm still unemployed, I've had three One Piece Marathons (to the point that I now know the show so well that I'm sick of rewatching it), my higher education has failed, and I still don't get out enough (or at all, really).
And trust me, it's not as much fun anymore after your first year.
So if you fare better two years from now, I'd love to hear from you. Good luck. (no sarcasm intended)

Anyway;

Thank you. ^_^
Well actually, after I made my post I went outside to pick up some garbage that's outside, I wish I could've picked up garbage all over the villiage since it's becoming unsightly but I have to dog sit...and it appears that my dogs like to watch One Piece.
...Now if only Ace could show up sooner in the anime. :nick-heart:

beterbomen wrote:
I thought about plants being put there by characters like Red White, but you make a good point with that they could be put there by anyone. Though, because juries are chosen randomly, it'd be hard to plant someone without the right connections.
And of course, if they go the "The killer is in the jury" route, we'd HAVE to meet at least some jurors, or we wouldn't know who to indict.

I found it odd that we haven't heard anything at all from White. Even after he was convicted, I doubt he would get the death penalty - especially given his "influence" and obviously, wealth. I've had this nagging feeling that he's just been bidding his time for some sort of revenge, even after Kristoph's meddling. (Or, is it possible that... nah. Gavin answers to no one.)

Yep, and the people of the jury we meet don't have to only be the culprits. What if that's a way to reintroduce old characters (not that I'm implying anyone like that is going to appear, but it's possible)?

Emiko Gale wrote:
...Now if only Ace could show up sooner in the anime. :nick-heart:

Now curious, how far have you gone? It's been a while since I last watched the anime, but I've seen up to the first New World arc. Apparently, it's a filler arc based on the new movie.

I won't spoil anything, but he makes a reappearance in the arc after Thriller Bark. It's a whirlwind of events that Luffy goes through before he finally meets him, though.

Ace Sidekick!

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Now curious, how far have you gone? It's been a while since I last watched the anime, but I've seen up to the first New World arc. Apparently, it's a filler arc based on the new movie.

I won't spoil anything, but he makes a reappearance in the arc after Thriller Bark. It's a whirlwind of events that Luffy goes through before he finally meets him, though.

I read all the One Piece manga available at the local library. (First 22 volumes.)

With the anime I'm at where Luffy and co. are in need of a chef and Sanji gets introduced. (I also adore Sanji, so this is a plus on my part.)

I'd make a One Piece topic but I'm just a newbie, I got into the series 2 months ago.

Emiko Gale wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

I read all the One Piece manga available at the local library. (First 22 volumes.)

With the anime I'm at where Luffy and co. are in need of a chef and Sanji gets introduced. (I also adore Sanji, so this is a plus on my part.)

I'd make a One Piece topic but I'm just a newbie, I got into the series 2 months ago.

Well, there are definately worse anime to get addicted to.
--------------

Ace Sidekick!

beterbomen wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Well, there are definately worse anime to get addicted to.

Yeah I know. ^^; But I don't regret getting into this series though, I wish I could've sooner. I'm able to look past the popularity and the lengthy-ness of this series.

Besides, this anime makes me laugh for hours, something to rid me of sadness and depression.
Page 10 of 11 [ 433 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps