Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 1 of 1[ 33 posts ]

So we really know... nothing?Topic%20Title

Not humble, goddamnit.

I looked through the few threads in here, and the word is clear: the only information on GS5 is that there is no information on GS5. So, even acknowledging this, I'm just curious... has there even been solid word that GS5 is in the works? Or has it just been assumed? (Not that it's an unreasonable assumption.)

Last edited by Pie on Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: So we really know... nothing?Topic%20Title

Jammin' like it's 2024

It was announced as early as May 23rd, 2007. It's definitely in the works.
Does we even do these things anymore?

Not humble, goddamnit.

Ah, thank you!

I guess everyone else had already heard and it was assumed knowledge by now - I didn't see it stated directly. But that's unsurprising, given how long ago it was announced.

Scientifically Magical Detective O_o

I wish we would hurry up and GET some real information. It's killing me D=

I really was NOT expecting Capcom to bring GS4 over to the states as fast as it did. I figured we would be waiting a year after T&T before we ever got AJ, or atleast be waiting till summer, since there had been no official word on GS5 farther then "we're making it" =P Theres not even a guesstimated release time yet.

I pray that the US and JAP teams will work together, so we can get an AA5 release in the states asap. It looks like we're in for a wait the likes of AA to JFA :edgeworth:

no, nothing

Arei wrote:
I pray that the US and JAP teams will work together, so we can get an AA5 release in the states asap. It looks like we're in for a wait the likes of AA to JFA :edgeworth:

Which made JFA even sweeter :godot:

I think the AJ release being so close to the release of T&T sort of... took the punch out of AJ, so to speak. It was less than four months ago that we got T&T, and the "next chapter" in GS has already opened. I think it might've been better had Capcom waited until April - June to release it; it really would have made the game that much better.

I know that no one wanted to wait much longer for GS4 - me included - but you can't deny that AJ would've packed much more of a punch had Capcom waited longer.

Novice bimbo

I hope we get a dual Japanese and English release this time since Capcom's had more than enough time since GS4/AJ:AA to work on it.

I really want GS5/AJ(insert new title here) to be the first game since GS2/JFA where I didn't spoil everything. I spoiled GS3 and 4 since I wanted to play them so badly.. :sadshoe:

Jammin' like it's 2024

I don't think DS flash cards are large enough to cope with that. The only reason AA1-AA3 were multi-lingual is because they could cram multiple versions of a GBA game onto one DS card. One of the benefits of not doing that with AA4 is that they could use the space to actually hold the game rather than multiple language scripts. Don't forget a large number of graphics were changed in the localisations too, which takes up even more space.

Novice bimbo

Asura Velotix wrote:
I don't think DS flash cards are large enough to cope with that. The only reason AA1-AA3 were multi-lingual is because they could cram multiple versions of a GBA game onto one DS card. One of the benefits of not doing that with AA4 is that they could use the space to actually hold the game rather than multiple language scripts. Don't forget a large number of graphics were changed in the localisations too, which takes up even more space.

AJ:AA is only about 64 MB while Resident Evil Deadly Silence is about 128 MB. I'm sure Capcom can fit in both languages.

But remember, the japanese english version of T&T was sub-par to the US english version of T&T. Remember the miracle that never happen? (or whatever it was)

Unless the localization was done by Capcom USA, I don't think we'd end up with a quality project. Now if they did release a multi-language game WITH a good english script, then yes, that would be sweets.

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

^ "Miracle never happen" was actually in the English release of JFA :P

I agree that though it might take a little more effort, a near-simultaneous English and Japanese release would be very awesome and a classy concession to the Western AA fans on Capcom's part. Despite the typos, I thought that the localization and writing was equally awesome in all four games (which is to say, top-notch)

Here's to wishing, I guess...

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Asura Velotix wrote:

:varanbaran: Sorry, but your argument holds no water. The script is huge, don't get me wrong there, but if that were a factor then Europe wouldn't get multilingual releases. The majority of the space in the cart goes to graphics, movie files etc. Just compare any two page text file to any old graphic and you'll see lights go off.

E~A wrote:
Asura Velotix wrote:

AJ:AA is only about 64 MB while Resident Evil Deadly Silence is about 128 MB. I'm sure Capcom can fit in both languages.

:uramidn: But then Capcom has to invest in a 128 Meg cart instead of a 64 meg cart. Believe me when I say that if they can get away with using a smaller medium as opposed to a larger cart all things being equal they will.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Surf's Up!

Writer Awakened wrote:

I agree that though it might take a little more effort, a near-simultaneous English and Japanese release would be very awesome and a classy concession to the Western AA fans on Capcom's part.

It doesn't matter if they have a near-simultaneous English and Japanese release, those of us that are less fortunate (i.e. if you live in europe or australia) will still get it ages after everyone else anyway. So I'm not too bothered. Besides if they had a near-simultaneous release, then there wouldn't be much time to put all those pop culture references in.

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Besides if they had a near-simultaneous release, then there wouldn't be much time to put all those pop culture references in.

There would be, if Capcom USA worked with the japanese writers during the script process. If they got that all done before the game itself, it could be translated and set in english ready to go, waiting for the game to finish up and when they got it they could just put in the english script and be done with it.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Ok, I have no source (I don't remember the link, it's not verry reliable though) but I read in a Forum that in some Chinese/Japanese forums they had news from the writer for GS 1, 2, 3 and 4, who said he wouldn't write GS5, but that he knew that the game will tie ALL the loose ends (I was kind of confused when I read that, T&T really tied up a lot of things) from the PW and AJ series ('game' for the last one), and it also said that Apollo Justice was just a 'test game', that if this one went well they where ready to finish the AA series and create a whole new project (New Gyakuten Not Saiban?!? Maybe...)

If I find a source you'll get it ASAP. Don't relie on this until you get the source... if you want.

操纵距离程度的能力

I'm waitting for the TGS 2008....TAT
You can call me whatever you want:3

E~A wrote:
I really want GS5/AJ(insert new title here) to be the first game since GS2/JFA where I didn't spoil everything. I spoiled GS3 and 4 since I wanted to play them so badly.. :sadshoe:
I am already greatly anticipating the day when I get to hold my own newly purhased copy of AA5 in my hot little hands and think to myself: "...Damn. I actually can't list off the japanese names of every single character in this game at this point in time. I actually dont even know anything about this last two/three(/...four? Hey, a boy can dream) cases!" *Apollogasm*

Let's Brawl: 4940-5319-8013

I hate it when we're kept on the ropes regarding a new game D:
I already beat GS4 and it's killing me that I don't have any GS in my system!

But, yes. I'm sure GS5 will be the best one yet. =] (hopefully)
They'd better not rush it! Image
Image Edgey wants to be a Poke'mon master!

fwee

Quote:
Besides if they had a near-simultaneous release, then there wouldn't be much time to put all those pop culture references in.

The reasons in favour are piling up.

Zvarri!

I'm trying to figure out what the wait is going to be, exactly. The wait between Gyakuten Saiban 1 and 2 was merely a year, yet the difference between 3 and 4 was three years. Most likely because it was built ground-up for the DS, but I digress.

If I were to wager a guess, I'd say GS5 would come out around 2009 sometime. I hope I'm wrong, of course, I'm just being realistic.

GS5 hasn't been confirmed. We don't even know if they will make one :/

Zvarri!

Tayuya wrote:
GS5 hasn't been confirmed. We don't even know if they will make one :/

Yes, we do know. They already said they were working on one back in May.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=76763

操纵距离程度的能力

Daramue wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what the wait is going to be, exactly. The wait between Gyakuten Saiban 1 and 2 was merely a year, yet the difference between 3 and 4 was three years. Most likely because it was built ground-up for the DS, but I digress.

Hey you can't ignore the Raise From the Ashes between 3 and 4...it's long enough to be a new game.Image
You can call me whatever you want:3

What is my liiiife?!?

There won't be an english option in the GS5 Japanese version in all probability. Why? So people don't import it. I see no other reason why they wouldn't have added the english version in GS4

Haruhi MY LOVE

I wish that is has a english option!!!

HARUHI!!!!!!!

TLS Admin and Representative

javad wrote:
I wish that is has a english option!!!

...I wish it gets a simultaneous release in US and JP. I don't see a point in forcing people to wait for a game or spend twice as much for an imported copy that they can't even understand without a script... it's irritating...

^ Ji Hye Jang

Maybe it's different in the US, but here in NZ games cost three times as much as in Japan... importing is still the cheaper option... :P

And maybe by the time it comes out I'll be good enough at japanese to play without a script. :P
Proud creator of the first released PWLib-made fangame! ^_^

spr fckn srs peepz

Gerkuman wrote:
There won't be an english option in the GS5 Japanese version in all probability. Why? So people don't import it. I see no other reason why they wouldn't have added the english version in GS4

How about "Uh we have to write the script from scratch rather than already have it, if we do that, we delay it for Japanese fans while our translation/localization co-workers have to do their magic on the script we're currently writing."
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Super Ace Attorney

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Writer Awakened wrote:

I agree that though it might take a little more effort, a near-simultaneous English and Japanese release would be very awesome and a classy concession to the Western AA fans on Capcom's part.

It doesn't matter if they have a near-simultaneous English and Japanese release, those of us that are less fortunate (i.e. if you live in europe or australia) will still get it ages after everyone else anyway.

The DS isn't region locked, why can't they just import the American one?
Jesus is Lord.

Death Note is awesome.

"No, this is a reasonable discussion about pillow humping." -Tinker

Jammin' like it's 2024

Superninfreak wrote:
The DS isn't region locked, why can't they just import the American one?

It's been brought up many times; importing the game typically requires a credit or debit card which many gamers are still too young to have access to, they may be otherwise barred from importing or they may be in a country that the game cannot be shipped to for legal or company policy reasons.

One example is WarioWare: Twisted!, which because of its mercury-based tilt sensor is illegal to distribute in the EU without undergoing a thorough safety check (where they will probably request an alternative substance be used in the sensor). That safety check is still in progress, so the game hasn't been released here yet.

TLS Admin and Representative

But really, is it so hard to organize a simultaneous release? All Japan has to do is send the localization team a script and, by the time the Japanese game is complete, all the localization team will have to do is pretty much a c/p procedure, getting the game out within a week or so of the jp release.

Makes things quicker and more efficient instead of rushing the localization team, forcing them to overlook a few unnoticeable typos. This way, the script can be localized, be translated to english, double-checked for errors and typos several times over without being severaly rushed by jp when the game has already been released.

In my mind, this shouldn't be hard at all and the manner they do this localization process now is a complete waste of time and resources.

Um.....42!

Location: Sitting in a classroom, drawing smiley faces on my hand

DeMatador wrote:
Ok, I have no source (I don't remember the link, it's not verry reliable though) but I read in a Forum that in some Chinese/Japanese forums they had news from the writer for GS 1, 2, 3 and 4, who said he wouldn't write GS5, but that he knew that the game will tie ALL the loose ends (I was kind of confused when I read that, T&T really tied up a lot of things) from the PW and AJ series ('game' for the last one), and it also said that Apollo Justice was just a 'test game', that if this one went well they where ready to finish the AA series and create a whole new project (New Gyakuten Not Saiban?!? Maybe...)

If I find a source you'll get it ASAP. Don't relie on this until you get the source... if you want.

Just to be clear, I saw a thread that relayed the same information in the Wonder Bar. I believe it was called "W-What? REAL INFORMATION?" or something like that. A Moderator (or maybe it was an Admin....) Stated that that information was fake. I'm not saying this to make anyone mad, I just don't want anyone getting the wrong ideas. By the way, that thread was locked with about three repiles all stating, basically, "It's fake...Very fake." :meekins: Guess we're not getting any real info yet... :payne:
Married to genodragon1! <3
Daughter of Lolita_Kitten and DokenMaster!

I'm surprised how under wraps this whole thing has been. Nothing leaked, nothing announced, nothing. Except that there will be one. >:< I want trailers dangit!

Maybe a slightest something will come along with the announcement on April 20th. 12 days. 12 days. JUST 12 MORE DAYS. Or something at the next big gaming convention/show/whatever in Japan.

Um.....42!

Location: Sitting in a classroom, drawing smiley faces on my hand

chazooma wrote:
I'm surprised how under wraps this whole thing has been. Nothing leaked, nothing announced, nothing. Except that there will be one. >:< I want trailers dangit!

Maybe a slightest something will come along with the announcement on April 20th. 12 days. 12 days. JUST 12 MORE DAYS. Or something at the next big gaming convention/show/whatever in Japan.

:edgy: The fact that there's barely any info baing leaked to us makes me think that this game' gonna be big. I mean, they've certainly overall made a stunning plot in the past four games, so I'm sure we can expect that in the fith game.But their odd silence about this game.....It's making me restless. I really want some information...... :sadshoe:
Married to genodragon1! <3
Daughter of Lolita_Kitten and DokenMaster!
Page 1 of 1 [ 33 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps