Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 2 of 2[ 44 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Pearl Fey ~ Ace Attorney - Juvenile CourtTopic%20Title

Thanks, DKO

Nate wrote:
IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
Progress on Pearl Fey: Ace Attorney will be temporarily halted. All files related to the game were irrevocably deleted from my harddrive after a forced reformatting, and so all code for Turnabout Heroine will have to be manually rewritten.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO speaking of which, do you use the Court macro or the usual PyWright coding?

Standard PyWright coding.

I can't use pfp's from URLs ;-;

IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
Nate wrote:
IsaOfTheWorlds wrote:
Progress on Pearl Fey: Ace Attorney will be temporarily halted. All files related to the game were irrevocably deleted from my harddrive after a forced reformatting, and so all code for Turnabout Heroine will have to be manually rewritten.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO speaking of which, do you use the Court macro or the usual PyWright coding?

Standard PyWright coding.

O ok
Good evening. Nate here.

Thanks, DKO

As is standard for me to say when discussing the validity of Pearl Fey: Ace Attorney ~ Juvenile Court as a fangame, I will say:

"The intent is to establish an unorthodox setting, comical premise and juvenile tone to present a qualitatively serious and full-sized Ace Attorney game that derives style from a humorous premise and a juxtaposition between the simplicity and superficiality standard for grade school children with the complexity of an Ace Attorney case and characters."

Even despite the humorous implications of the premise and such, however, some people have noted that thanks to the simultaneous attempt to present a legitimate and serious story, using the proposed comedy and ostensibly silly premise as a thematic and stylistic base, within the Ace Attorney universe, designating the city as "Japanifornia" seems a bit silly, and so to maintain consistency with the Ace Attorney canon, renaming it to the canonical "California" seems more fitting.

Popular decision wins. Do we persist with "Japanifornia" or do we change it to "California"?

Is it even necessary to choose one or the other? Most of the games got by without specifically naming the setting.

If I recall correctly, the school itself was named after the setting, which could pose a problem... but in that case, I think having the school be named for the entire state of California would be kinda weird anyway.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Page 2 of 2 [ 44 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Present Evidence » Games